New stomp skill

Options
Beleni - Dreamweaver
Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Barbarian
So this new Stomp of the Beast king, and its PVP debuff.

Is anyone able to stack it up?

to me the 6 seconds just isnt enough time to be able to stack it up to its max.

Always get stunned or just miss it :P
Post edited by Beleni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So this new Stomp of the Beast king, and its PVP debuff.

Is anyone able to stack it up?

to me the 6 seconds just isnt enough time to be able to stack it up to its max.

Always get stunned or just miss it :P

Personally, I have stacked it about 2 times. I've tested it on my Wife (+6 G16 seeker) and i've stacked it up to max. The Dmg output is... well I didnt' really notice it but i guess I was also hoping for something on the lines of Blood Rush b:laugh
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    6 seconds is nothing in massive PVP or even, 1v1... U end up missing or getting stunned, or enemy jumps, or sealed, or the purify from r9r weap procs...

Probably u could stack it 2 or 3 times but.. i doubt 6 is actually possible (On REAL PVP-Duels, not fake testing)
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    6 seconds is nothing in massive PVP or even, 1v1... U end up missing or getting stunned, or enemy jumps, or sealed, or the purify from r9r weap procs...

Probably u could stack it 2 or 3 times but.. i doubt 6 is actually possible (On REAL PVP-Duels, not fake testing)

Meh Mass PK doubtful but on a 1v1 with an evenly geared person, you might be surprised. Personally, I'm not really focused on stacking it so much as im trying to (with the little CC i have) control my enemy. I mostly do NW as there's an Art to 1v1 that has still yet to be mastered, at least for me.

But depending on person, like lets say Barb v Barb, stacking that could become pretty easy as both barbs don't tend to run away, then come back like the other classes. Maybe BM too, depending how many good timed Auti Stuns you use against Roar and such. Sins, ofc not. If you are able to hit them, you kill them. If not, they kill you + Tidal op yedda yedda.

Barb v Seeker, against, depending on Seeker. Some like up close and others like sticking to range, tho being that they are mostly range, id think not easy. But considering they can't QPQ it off, ima say 50/50.

Barb v Cleric. Same with Seeker. Against a SoG/Freeze/Debuff/Sleep/Tempest (Or however it goes) cleric. Probably not. But, against a cleric that goes full on Metal Mage? Mmm maybe? Self Purfy?

Barb v Psy. Doubtful, while QPQ can't put this on you, a Psys SoR may be able to reflect it back to you? Plus have to worry about Psy Will not to mention the other So's e.e

Barb v Mystic (Whatever that is). Only threat is the Devil abuse stun and their push back.

Barb v Wizy, Good amount of CC and Dmg. Would fall in the same Category as sins.

Barb v Veno, Yeah. too much troll from Purge, Bewitch, and a nova + Catching them (if demon) is horrible. If sage (self pury) so unlikely.

Barb v Archer. Obviously, the true task at hand isn't, laying down max stacks so much as its, getting close enough to even atk.

Then coupled with all AA rrr9 weapon procs and... you are really down to Sins, Archers, Seekers, BMs, and other Barbs. So in short, chances are low, but the potential is there. And just because you are able to land a max doesn't mean your enemy is stupid, just means you out played them in some kind of way. Thats normal how 1v1s go. There was never any 50/50 in 1v1. The more i look at skills, pwi was designed around mass pk. And i doubt you'll beable to max stack this before he/she is dead.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    before i learned, i thougth, oh well now barb got something amplify but acctually after i started use it the difference is low, mainly the axe min-max dmg also not close to eachother and coz of this the 8-16% damage on skills not high, also barb not famous from fast skill spaming so i consider this skills useless, exclude the chi gaining, that good but this amplify is sucks, maybe if they make work in pve then nice
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Its very rare that I has been able to get more than two stack. Anyone with a brain can break the stack with a single cc or kite for a bit. The few times that I got full stack is when there is a ton of allies stacking cc on one enemy... has to be a very tanky target (like an invoked barb) or else, the latter will just die before reaching full stacks b:chuckle

Nonetheless, since I learned the new primal stomp, that skill got promoted from "not-even-on-my-hotbars" to my "top-priority-skills-to-spam" (along with mighty swing and onslaught). Meanwhile, PA (penetrate armor) is slowly getting demoted. It not really worth spamming PA anymore, when stomp is a guaranteed amp (demon stomp doesnt miss), generates chi instead of using it, and deal more damage (especially with sage primal onslaught).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]