Rise Up My Brothers (And some sisters >,..,>)

SilverMayhem - Archosaur
SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Barbarian
Blademaster
Wizard
Archer
Cleric
Venomancer
Assassin
Psychic
Seeker
Mystic (Whatever that is >.>)

What is the problem with this.

From a glance, nothing. Just squishies right?

But when analyzed, you have CC Lock and Death from Above, behind, Left/Right while someone is stabbing your face from the safety of their Tidal. But that's nothing to cry about. Sure, skills are unbalanced and probably will always be unbalanced. So enough of this balance out the skills. Most people are suggesting that to make a full circle we most go backwards. I race cars, >.> I'm not going in reverse. They already have it, so lets find something for us.

Siv siv, what is all this about?
I'll tell you little boy!

Its called...

The Kitty Pounce f:hehe

Each class is equiped with dealing with both Range and Melee, wither it be kitting or having the ability to CLOSE GAPS.

Speed, wither it be drug(apoth) or inherited (being able to lvl up their passive or active skill), is not a gap closer. (I will talk more about this later).

Currently, there are 10 classes. 7 Range, 3 Melee.

Out of the 6 range classes, 3 of these Range classes have the ability to actually Close gaps (wither it be a kitting ability or actually getting closer to the target). Leaving the other 3 with Range Stun, freeze, and Sleep on a quick CD and little to no Chi cost at all.

Out of the 3 Melee classes, 2 of these classes have the ability to both Close Gaps and Kit (thought for a BM mainly used to close). Leaving 1 class with neither of these abilities.

Yes Barbs, we have nothing but are Nature speed in tiger form to close our games, and hope that we can hit a Vac powder in time to not get frozen, stunned or Slept (Ohh the trolling cleric sleep from above). This actually, even with our Invoke, arma(?), Cornered Beast and are NEW para skill at a disadvantage. If you are Celest and have the Skill Ancestral Rage, i suppose you could call this a "Gap Closer" if you have a enemy that does NOT get 1 shot from it and does NOT have a way to either hide whilst being frozen or simple jump further away. Yes, tis a cruel world for the barb.

Suggestion time f:sneaky

Make Ancestral Rage a gap closer!

Keep the skill exactly the same but change it from "Violently lash out..." to "Violently (Leaps/Jumps/Pounces) out/at..." a 20 meter Leap with a 8 sec freeze is hardly worth the QQ that it will get. But if you play barb, is highly necessary when you take into consideration the point of CC and Defenses Range players have Coupled with the DPH to bring down a barb with out really spending too much time unless they miss click, or have a CD they didn't notice.

Yes, we are monstrous in closer range and no I have no forgotten about our troll anti air skill with its trolly 35 range. But on ground level, and with atleast 60% of archo atm being rrr9 now, that skill is not more than a charm tick if used on a target on the ground. Furthermore, its hardly worth using unless you know it will kill someone. But at the cost of 2 sparks, id rather use sunder >.>

This post is just something I've been mulling over for a while in my head. Most RPG tanks have a gap closer and it seems odd that this class does not. Some RPGs even go as far as giving all class a gap Closer. And being a kitty, i think I deserve to pounce on a target. I know this post will get the "Thats broken..." post and idc, meh, this is more for just sharing my idea and living up the barb forums.

Added bonus for trolls sake:

Take our Mighty Swing, turn it back into a Stun chance. Place the new Para proc on Ancestral Rage and make it a leap :D a 8 second Para proc that is a Gap Closer that Cost 1 spark in kitty form. Worth! I'd give up Firestorm, Swell and Raging Slap for that :D.

Da Kitty Pounce!
Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
Post edited by SilverMayhem - Archosaur on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    a 20 meter Leap with a 8 sec freeze is hardly worth the QQ that it will get

wut you nuts ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Out of 10 classes I thought there were 6 range and 4 melee? (venos could be classified as both actually) o,o

Unless you count seekers as 'range'

Though to the suggestions, I don't play my kitty all that much let alone pvp. So I guess I shouldn't really comment since my pvp kitty experience is very small in comparison to most.

Leaping kitties sounds absolutely terrifying though. o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    wut you nuts ?

Mad? Maybe.
    Nuts? I still have mine.
    Insane? Was there ever any sanity when you Arma that group of children?

Walk with me brother, and together, we can have a kitty pounce like no other. A world where a Tiger can close gaps, and start DPHing with OS combo in a quick secession. I have a dream, that one day, we will all be able to jump/leap/POUNCE on our target. That we WILL make freezing/Immobilization a thing of the past and stop it from being the thorn in our paw!

f:victory

I say walk with me, NAH!! JUMP WITH ME!
    Together, we can turn the tides!
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
    edited April 2014
    Out of 10 classes I thought there were 6 range and 4 melee? (venos could be classified as both actually) o,o

Unless you count seekers as 'range'

Though to the suggestions, I don't play my kitty all that much let alone pvp. So I guess I shouldn't really comment since my pvp kitty experience is very small in comparison to most.

Leaping kitties sounds absolutely terrifying though. o,o

Blademaster - Melee
    Wizard - Range
    Archer - Range
    Cleric - Range
    Barbarian -Melee
    Venomancer - Range
    Assassin - Melee
    Psychic - Range
    Seeker - Range
    Mystic - Range

Just because veno has a form that allows them to DPH in a melee manner does not include them in a Melee category. Mainly because they are mostly played on a range bases, only coming into melee range for Purge, Amp, Bewitch, and Rainbow. I may not play my veno in a pvp manner but I do know what I see, and that is, I rarely see a veno go into Fox form for anything other than the skills mentioned above or running away.

Seekers are also in a Range category because while they do have 3 Melee skills (argubly 4 if you count Blur tho being that its a self DoT that they can apply without a target insight and has a nasty range of AoE leaning towards that, its a range skill more) seekers that I've played against, mostly stay in a nice decent range unless using Void. And given that most of their skills are range base, that is another reason why i place them in the range category.

Just because a class has bother range and melee doesn't mean they are considered both, even more so if they are either primary played at a range or their skills are mostly consist of range skills. Calling a class melee because they have a few skills that need to be in what is considered melee range would be like calling Barbs Range because we have 3 range skills. Or Psys Melee because they have that 1-2 Melee range skill (tho both are aoe).

"Leaping kitties sounds absolutely terrifying though. o,o"

Yes.. yes it does. Would be funny. Thats why i made this post. b:laugh

Lastly, i'm pretty bad at PvP (some may even say im the worse barb on the server) but i do like to NW and TW (when i can go) and would be interesting :D
    edited April 2014
    Fair enough, is all a matter of opinion I suppose. I know some HA venos that run around in mainly foxform would say they are vice versa, being mainly melee chars with a side order of some range attacks.

Different strokes for different folks :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Fair enough, is all a matter of opinion I suppose. I know some HA venos that run around in mainly foxform would say they are vice versa, being mainly melee chars with a side order of some range attacks.

Different strokes for different folks :P

HA veno's are not the standard build, just like clawchers.
    edited April 2014
    This is also true. Well in my mind my veno is both, maybe it's just the melee mastery and the fox form skill tree that has about the same amount of skill as the human form skill tree that makes me think so. Though I see them as range first, I still see them as melee too, but that's just me. I know lots see differently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nipon - Raging Tide
    Nipon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wished Violent Triumph could be used in Tiger Form and reduce cool down to 30 secs.
    I wished Roar cooled down to 30 secs (same as frighten's cool down) would be nice and help Barbie Kitty hold aggro from R9rr +12 a bit. Just my little hope.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mad? Maybe.
    Nuts? I still have mine.
    Insane? Was there ever any sanity when you Arma that group of children?

Walk with me brother, and together, we can have a kitty pounce like no other. A world where a Tiger can close gaps, and start DPHing with OS combo in a quick secession. I have a dream, that one day, we will all be able to jump/leap/POUNCE on our target. That we WILL make freezing/Immobilization a thing of the past and stop it from being the thorn in our paw!

f:victory

I say walk with me, NAH!! JUMP WITH ME!
    Together, we can turn the tides!

Ok im convinced. Im with you b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited April 2014
    I wished Violent Triumph could be used in Tiger Form and reduce cool down to 30 secs.
    I wished Roar cooled down to 30 secs (same as frighten's cool down) would be nice and help Barbie Kitty hold aggro from R9rr +12 a bit. Just my little hope.

I have often thought about the Violent Triumph in Tiger Form use also while PVing or Running in kitty form in general too. But lets start with something small first brother. leaps and bounds can not be accomplished without first being able to pounce!

The Kitty Pounce!
    The means to an end of Range classes kitting!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd say Venomancers use range for damage but Fox Form for debuffs (although human form has a number of debuffs too, ever moreso if Demon).

Venomancers were first advertised as a hybrid class but later on updates kinda pushed it's range/magic side mostly making their melee skills kinda useless, besides the support/debuff related ones. However the recent update has focused purely on the Fox Form skill tree (except Redstone). All upgrade-able skills besides Redstone were Fox Form attacks.

In the end I still consider a Venomancer as a hybrid, melee and range. While it's true most people focus on the casting side I feel that putting Venomancers in the category of "range" or "caster" only is kinda misleading but that's just my opinion. I won't argue over it.

As for the rest, I don't really have anything to comment on, then again I'm half asleep and didn't really understand half the things I was reading..>.> I should sleep.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Pre New Horizons I would have agreed to this, buuuuuuut since Barbs have gotten a semi-abusable (and still unresistable) Paralyze (with guaranteed freeze if it fails) I'm going to disagree on changing A.Rage into an actual leap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ancestral rage is easy 30-40k zerkcrit on fully endgame josd archers. No need to buff it any more
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited April 2014
    Ancestral rage is easy 30-40k zerkcrit on fully endgame josd archers. No need to buff it any more

But don't pounces from Kittys usually hurt anyways? ranging from the Wild Cats down to the simple domestic cats that pounce on your back when you aren't looking >.>

Yes yes, Ancestral Rage hurts alot even without a Zerk. I know. b:thanks
    But the only way to fight unbalance is WITH unbalance. No turning back now!

Let The Kittys Have Their Pounce!