Ingame popups to buy items...

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's funny how they don't mention these things in the patch notes.

Also, console mode is disabled b:angry

Works for me.

@thread
    This popup got my fac mate killed, maybe don't have it popup when people's health drops temporarily low in the middle of a pull. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

This popup got my fac mate killed, maybe don't have it popup at all

fixed.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    Options
    We're presenting your feedback to the developers. Any changes to this feature will show up in future patch notes.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    fixed.

True that. But if they refuse to disable the feature, I definitely strongly recommend they get rid of the low health popup. Since it can prevent people from doing stuff to save themselves and cause deaths. If you are going to have these obnoxious, annoying popups they sure as **** should not affect actual gameplay.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This latest update was great, until that damn cash-shop pop up came up.
    Oh PWI, you had me fooled, I almost thought you could do an update that was solid through n' through.

This reminds me of "free to play" mobile games that are like "oh you wanna harvest crops? Pay $1 and we'll do it for you", you know what I mean.

It stinks of desperation and makes me sad. I'm just hoping this doesn't become a trend, or they give us a "no popups" option in systems.
    Whoever thought up this idea needs their pants burned, all their pants. No more pants for them, ever.

Wonder if any other MMOs do this kinda thing...
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Whoever thought up this idea needs their pants burned, all their pants. No more pants for them, ever.

b:chuckle

SweetieBot, please give Reliea 5 points for making me smile
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, I'll spank you!

SweetieBot, please give Reliea - Sanctuary 5 points... or else!
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, I'll spank you!
    That's OK with me.

SweetieBot, please give Reliea - Sanctuary 5 points... or else!
    Sparafucile - Harshlands awards 5 points to Reliea - Sanctuary!
    Reliea - Sanctuary is now in 2nd place for April 2014 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    Sparafucile - Harshlands can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    We're presenting your feedback to the developers. Any changes to this feature will show up in future patch notes.

Thank you, on letting us know that your passing our experiences & opinions of this pop-up onto the {Devs} Surtr, we appreciate the quick response to it...b:thanks

Now we can only hope that they will listen to us this time...
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well, this will make TW interesting...

Simple solution is to have everyone (or atleast those people that haven't seen it that day) duel to initiate the popup before the TW started just to make sure no one got surprised. Obvious pain in the butt but might save some headaches till they do something about it.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »

Seriously. Why wasnt it mentioned in the patch notes to begin with?
    Why make it so that you can not disable it?
    Also, does this pop up only happen to people with gold? I dont have any, and have yet to see a pop up. Others I have talked to, have gold and the pop up appears.
    NGTUy53.png

• Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I haven't had this happen even on near death, is it because I completely close arc after launching two clients? If you open a second client after launching and close the first you can force close arc.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    Seriously. Why wasnt it mentioned in the patch notes to begin with?
    Why make it so that you can not disable it?
    Also, does this pop up only happen to people with gold? I dont have any, and have yet to see a pop up. Others I have talked to, have gold and the pop up appears.

No, I had absolutely no gold in the boutique with which to buy anything with and yet it still popped up on me while I was whailing away on Lord of Captivation and had my characters HP down to around 25% after my HP charm had already ticked once and was still in the middle of resetting during the second drop in HP...b:surrender
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I had it while tanking Tyrant Prince Mushi today. Just as he went berserk. It interrupted me healing myself and I died.

Yes, PWI, I suppose a Guardian Scroll would be handy right about now, thank you.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Why does this show up in NW... where there is no loss of xp and no chance of dropping items (so long as there's no awkward game-breaking bug).
    I imagine it'll show up in TW too then -_-.

Also ARC seems to have nothing to do with it as far as I can tell; I don't launch the client through ARC and I still got the pop up the first time I almost died fighting in NW.

Furthermore, do they think that in the potentially brief moments before you're about to die, you'll be able to click a thing a few times as well as save yourself from dying (since you're probably in a crucial life-or-death situation where dying would be highly inconvenient anyway)? Feels like no to me.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Got killed in TT because of this, if you could remove it at next maint or add a ignore forever button id be much happier b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Got killed in TT because of this, if you could remove it at next maint or add a ignore forever button id be much happier b:bye

yeah i died too in twilight temple thanks to this **** b:angry b:bye
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Died in NW because this popped up over my genie lol
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    And this annoying low HP popup isn't the only one...

Now, when you fail once when refining, you get a popup to buy refine aids.

To those that say this is a good thing for new players - I don't care if they want a popup, but give us a checkbox on it for DO NOT SHOW THIS AGAIN. Not just for that day, FOREVER. What new player needs to find out about refine aids or guardian scrolls more than once?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't mind the help aid with the axes in fsp or the energy quest for the 5 vitality things but damn the pop up for the **** to get in the cash shop it screwed up my whole role in lunar at last boss causing a wipe..and I never get wipes!..well unless its on my butt.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i havent gotany pop up anymoment pwi must love me for once b:sad
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've died more times since this damn popup came out then in the previous YEAR!!b:cry
    GET RID OF THE DAMN POPUP!!!! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm wondering, do those of you that get the pop-up have gold available in the boutique? I have yet to get a pop-up and I keep my gold locked in the bank so when I click the boutique it shows 0. If I need something from the boutique I have to go to the AH bank, unlock it, pull some gold, then buy what I need.

Wonder if the pop-up is triggered by your character having gold available?

Edit...Nvm someone answered they had no gold in the boutique. Still I have yet to get a pop-up being near death or refining. But the moment I do get one, count me in the "turn off this stupid idea FOREVER" crowd
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NudeyCake - Archosaur
    NudeyCake - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Game used to be great, but PWE has been abusing the player base for too many years. I left for a place I can play and spend my money happily, lol. Doesn't make sense to try and let PWI know what you think, they don't and won't and really never have listened. Only way to make the listen would be to hit them in their pockets; stop playing and stop feeding them money. Till then complaining or thinking they will fix anything the players don't like is not gonna happen. Lol thanks for the chuckles, every time i think of coming back, all I have to do is get on the forums and I remember exactly why me, my money and my friends left!!!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "You seem pissed off by our pop-ups. Would you like to buy a Pop-up Blocking Stone (30 days)?"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The pop-up was annoying in NW but luckily it popped between my skills and chatbox so it didnt cover anything vital. b:surrender
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The pop-up was annoying in NW but luckily it popped between my skills and chatbox so it didnt cover anything vital. b:surrender

The pop-up doesn't even block anything on my screen...... It just distracts the f*** out of me. THAT and I feel like this is a blatantly underhanded move from PWE.

ALSO SUTR YOU SAW THIS POP-UP IN QA TESTING, DIDN'T YOU? Or do you even freaking QA at all? What the actual s***?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I really enjoyed the popup in TW last night.

I wonder if this pop up is doing what the pwe marketing department is hoping its doing?
    I honestly couldn't see how this generates any sales.

However the refining advice on the bottom of the refining screen could turn out decent and if pwe wants to promote the cash sop ideas like this would be more effective ( and **** off less people)
  • frozencharacter
    frozencharacter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Seriously, remove that pop up thing or add an option to block it. It's really annoying when your HP goes down to the point when you can use a HP potion and instead you get the useless pop up and your character dies.
    IMHO people who made that, thought of... What were they thinking?

Do hope there are more replies so that they'd notice the topic, otherwise nothing will change as usual...
  • Ludacritz - Raging Tide
    Ludacritz - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "You seem pissed off by our pop-ups. Would you like to buy a Pop-up Blocking Stone (30 days)?"
    And ofc, that'll come up as a pop-up