Let's discuss things PWE isn't!

bluestuffzzz
bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
There a few times when PWE staff actually respond to blatant issues. Even after recently acquiring a community manager, threads with very important information pertaining to the state of this version of the game, are unfortunately being completely ignored.

Let's discuss them.

Dragon Quest items

Originally DQ items were worth quite a bit. A few years ago, the items received a nerf in NPC prices, to combat the bots in the Chinese version of this title. Even after considerable anger from players, PWE brought this nerf to our version as well. To combat this, PWE took 7 months to implement an online shop where you could receive points for NPCing the items, and acquire various items with the points. Unfortunately, this resulted in some of the items being exploited (MoGs), by combining the tradable versions into the untradable, so that they could be traded and turned into mass amounts of coins.

The result of this was PWE taking out a few of the items, and later implementing a horse mount that previously could only be obtained via hard work (what a concept, right?). There was another item promised to us by our last community manager, Frankieraye, but nothing ever came to light.

A year and a half ago, we received another nerf from China, making DQ items under a certain level become worthless (minus the DQ points). PWE did nothing, but kept the shop open.

PWE's Core Client was re-named into Arc and they began pushing this form of DRM. They pushed it so hard that the decision was made 7 months ago, that DQ points would be taken out of the game, and we would get a new way through Arc, to receive an unknown sum of unknown items.

It's been 7 months, and Arc has been forced upon everyone. The DQ shop has lost all functionality. This has not been addressed by PWE. My concern(s) are as follows:

1.) Why was the shop removed for a mandatory beta DRM product?
2.) Why was the shop removed before a new shop was implemented?
3.) Why has this issue been ignored by PWE?
4.) What will the shop contain?
5.) When will the shop go live?

Thoughts? Insights by PWE? *doubts*

TW Map Resets

Alright, so it's been 7 months since the last TW map reset. No staff of PWE has made any comments on the website or forums upon when the TW maps will be reset. Isn't it a little odd that it didn't come with the content update like the past? I find it even more odd that PWE hasn't even responded to the open thread about any details.

According to the pertinent information given by PWE in the past, these resets happen once every 6 months. Considering the fact that it's been 7 months, my concern(s) are as follows:

1.) Why has this not been addressed?
2.) Why has the open thread not been addressed?
3.) Why has it been more than 6 months?
4.) When are we expecting to receive said map reset?
5.) Will this happen next time we receive a map reset?

New Primal World Boss

As far as I'm aware, this boss has existed in our version of the game under a different name, since the last expansion. I'm confused as to why it was announced as the main new feature and piece of content for this content update. I'm even further confused as to why it was not addressed or revoked as being "new", when players detailed information and YouTube video content of this boss in our version of the game, prior to the content update.

After the news announcement, people on the forums exclaimed that this in fact wasn't a new feature, content, or boss. Instead, PWE didn't respond to this, and went on through the news & patch notes, to state that it was a new piece of content.

I'm also concerned as to why they are touting a new world boss that spawns every 24 hours, when with all the other world bosses (including this one), they have been kill-farmed daily by the top 6-10 geared people on each server. Was this boss and the announcement(s) intended for those 6-10 top tier people, or was it to be something for lesser geared folks to gleam into a non-existent future?

To sum up these points:

1.) Why were the threads ignored on the forums when players said this wasn't a new boss?
2.) Why did no staff notice that this boss already existed in our game under a different name?
3.) Why was a world boss that is kill-farmed by the same 6-10 people on each server being touted as the biggest piece of content for this content update?

Discuss!
I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
I've been actively playing since late 2008.
Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
Post edited by bluestuffzzz on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Could lazyness be a valid reason? b:laugh

All jokes aside, what would be interesting to know is what PWE expect from PWI (compared to more recent games). We can't even know if CM dedicated to PWI are really working full time on it.

But we all know we'll never know anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    Could lazyness be a valid reason? b:laugh

All jokes aside, what would be interesting to know is what PWE expect from PWI (compared to more recent games). We can't even know if CM dedicated to PWI are really working full time on it.

But we all know we'll never know anyway.

Yeah, it's something that we'll probably never know, along with the answers to these questions. I wouldn't be too shocked if we never get a response on these questions, and a new DQ shop never comes to light, along with a TW map reset.

PWE's past is on fairly shaky ground. Consider the goon glitch, or the name censoring issues of the past. It took a very lengthy time before we even got a response stating nothing was being done.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1st pwe employees dont really read the forum. When they do the oppinions of the posters are usually ignored.

They also dont have power of decission over things. They just...make sure the games are running and the money is flowing. They use devs from china with asian mentalities applying them on the US based player pool.

The game in itself is not producing as much revenue as it use to, thus the alocated resources in payed hours is lower. A developer hired in us must be paid betweek 40k to 70k+.
    In china, the same workforce cost much less thus creating profit. It's all about the money.

I just wish they would adapt a bit and make he game better thus resulting happy customers and more profit.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    drheal wrote: »
    1st pwe employees dont really read the forum. When they do the oppinions of the posters are usually ignored.

They also dont have power of decission over things. They just...make sure the games are running and the money is flowing. They use devs from china with asian mentalities applying them on the US based player pool.

The game in itself is not producing as much revenue as it use to, thus the alocated resources in payed hours is lower. A developer hired in us must be paid betweek 40k to 70k+.
    In china, the same workforce cost much less thus creating profit. It's all about the money.

I just wish they would adapt a bit and make he game better thus resulting happy customers and more profit.

True, and Sparkie has stated this before when he had his event on Heaven's Tear. Most of the staff has been moved to more profitable titles. That's the problem though. Things are being ignored because they require the staff employed to this title to do work and ask questions to their superiors and the Chinese devs. This is an issue and PWE needs to accept responsibility for.

If the population continues to decline and we keep being ignored, does PWE think that the game will prosper? The reason this game exists is to extract money from people and give the money to the company as profit. So, by my logic, less people around > less possible sources for money > less money > less profit > servers shut down?

I'm confused as to why PWE believes that this game doesn't deserve their full attention, because this was their first title (named the company after it). I'm astonished at the idea that just because it's an older title, they believe it to be less profitable. If they give the same attention to this game as they do to their newest titles, they could make immense profit and not have to offer gear for cash, thus breaking the game's balance.

It's baffling, really. This game could last another ten years, but PWE seems to have just given up.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    True, and Sparkie has stated this before when he had his event on Heaven's Tear. Most of the staff has been moved to more profitable titles. That's the problem though. Things are being ignored because they require the staff employed to this title to do work and ask questions to their superiors and the Chinese devs. This is an issue and PWE needs to accept responsibility for.

If the population continues to decline and we keep being ignored, does PWE think that the game will prosper? The reason this game exists is to extract money from people and give the money to the company as profit. So, by my logic, less people around > less possible sources for money > less money > less profit > servers shut down?

I'm confused as to why PWE believes that this game doesn't deserve their full attention, because this was their first title (named the company after it). I'm astonished at the idea that just because it's an older title, they believe it to be less profitable. If they give the same attention to this game as they do to their newest titles, they could make immense profit and not have to offer gear for cash, thus breaking the game's balance.

It's baffling, really. This game could last another ten years, but PWE seems to have just given up.
    Agreed. I'm hoping that getting the original developers back and working on updating the core engine will help to revive the game.

Personally though, if the community continues to suck, and the power-creep doesn't get put in check, it won't matter anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    Agreed. I'm hoping that getting the original developers back and working on updating the core engine will help to revive the game.

Personally though, if the community continues to suck, and the power-creep doesn't get put in check, it won't matter anyway.

Yeah, agreed. I'm not sure that getting the original devs back will help. Sure the game may become better, but without PWE giving any push to promote this title (advertisements and such), we won't be pulling any new players in. Older ones could in theory come back, but it's doubtful. This game needs a revival, and PWE seems determined on ignoring player concerns.

And the power creep issue is pretty big. I would like to see this addressed at some point as well.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This thread deserves MAD PROPS. Sadly as with all the other threads addressing the sad state of the game it will be lost in the bowels of the forums and ignored by the GMs. Or it will be closed for some silly reason. The fact is that PWI is dying. There are less and less people participating in NW as is every week it seems my sources tell me (i dont participate myself) The updates always come with a plethora of new glitches. The old glitches take MONTHS for pwi to fix. Customer service is HORRID at its best. The only real customer service u can get is if u have an issue with zen. This game is screwed in my personal opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krimsonmoon87
    krimsonmoon87 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pwi won't let us talk about the good stuff or important stuff, because it hurts their money making scheme.
    classes i play: main Mystic, alt archer, alt sin.
    I farm non stop, merch nonstoop and bot nonstop, don't like it, deal with itb:victory
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I predict that if this thread stays active for too long they will just close this and say any complaints about the game should be put in quality corner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    I predict that if this thread stays active for too long they will just close this and say any complaints about the game should be put in quality corner.

The quality corner is for bug reports.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Temptressani - Raging Tide
    Temptressani - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This what is expected to happen when a company like PWE releases newer titles under their belt the older ones no matter how good they are left on life support before they decide to pull the plug on it because it will be seen as no longer a profitable venture.

How many PWE titles have you, yourselves seen the death of ? Eventually it's bound to happen to PWI one day as well, so I suggest either enjoy it while it lasts or start looking else where to occupy your time.

All great MMOs do have their days in the sun before eventually fading into the dark....
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    Bump!

It should also be noted that PWE seems to not want to discuss when their products are unacceptable to the public. For two hours last night, ARC refused to connect (server time out), and PWE's websites were all down. Today it seems things have continued via the forums.

Not a staff in sight, though. Why would there be?
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    Bump! :D

Judging by the tons of threads not being responded about server issues, DQ stuff, TW stuff, etc... I'd say PWE staff are doing what Frankie did, and only coming by once a week to post the "are we having a server restart" thread.

Hmm...

I wonder why PWE would pull all their staff to new titles and not even allow their staff to post on PWI's forums much anymore. Perhaps there is more happening than we are seeing.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    Alright, so what we know so far is that Sparkie stated that there will hopefully be a TW reset 8 months after the last one, in May. This of course, was only posted in the maintenance thread. No official announcement has been stated and no official thread, either.

Nothing has been stated about DQ rewards, why the new content update had a boss that already existed but touted as the main piece of *new* content, or why the PWE's servers inc. Arc went down the other day, not allowing players to access the client and actual servers, which were all up (unless they by-passed Arc, unofficially).

So, we continue to wait... :)
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited April 2014
    It's 'dat monday morning. Do we expect a retort to these pertaining questions?
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited May 2014
    Still awaiting a response PWE. ^^
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im curious about the DQ and TW issue too. It makes me laugh that their answer is - i dont know / not sure

About the new boss. Since GM dont play the game them self, they probably didn't know.
    Some1 must of send a ticket and complaining that only the r9rr cashers gets the drops but not the r8-g15-g16 players (thats my guess how they find out about it)
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Huh, i must of overlooked this thread, it seems i have found somewhere to my useless burgerking related discussion b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]