Harshlands after ARC Implementation

Options
Kithares - Harshlands
Kithares - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
So I am hearing a lot of ruckus about the recent ARC implementation which 'forces' players to use and install PW *Again* on the ARC client. I know quite a few people have outright quit the game because of this, for having to re-install and install a wanna-be Steam client. But this is irrelevant;

I want to know, after the new Arc/reinstall requirement, for players that have gotten back to PWI Harshlands, how is the server population now? Does it seem dead, is there a largely noticable difference in the economy of the game and the amount of people you can find for dungeons? I am currently in-the-works for downloading the game (I rarely find time to reinstall it), so I have no opinion on this so far.

Although I will say the ARC implementation has caused a huge inconvienience to players, and I believe that this sudden move by PWE killed a lot of the new players that just started out before the 10th. Post your opinions below, please keep the drama somewhere else.
b:cute
Post edited by Kithares - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    HL was dead way before the Arc implantation.

To a new player (or someone that want to play on a more active server) that don't mind PVE or PVP server I would suggest HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OverHealed - Harshlands
    OverHealed - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So I am hearing a lot of ruckus about the recent ARC implementation which 'forces' players to use and install PW *Again* on the ARC client. I know quite a few people have outright quit the game because of this, for having to re-install and install a wanna-be Steam client. But this is irrelevant;

I want to know, after the new Arc/reinstall requirement, for players that have gotten back to PWI Harshlands, how is the server population now? Does it seem dead, is there a largely noticable difference in the economy of the game and the amount of people you can find for dungeons? I am currently in-the-works for downloading the game (I rarely find time to reinstall it), so I have no opinion on this so far.

Although I will say the ARC implementation has caused a huge inconvienience to players, and I believe that this sudden move by PWE killed a lot of the new players that just started out before the 10th. Post your opinions below, please keep the drama somewhere else.
    b:cute

Arc doesn't suck, people are just unwilling to change after doing something the same ways for 4+ years. If anything, Arc should not have an affect on new players because it's a new game to them.

As for the server population, it's not dead; people are there. The people are AFK because PWI is dead--not just the server.

Furthermore, the economy is different than it was years ago. Gold costs more, BH is a method of farming, more alts equals more money, and cube is sky-rocketing in price. R9 is reletively easy to get now farming, it just takes patience.

I have to push back though that this game is unfriendly to new players. The way new toons are set up (toons made new after New Horizons) they recieve so many items to aid in fast leveling. Also, FC is given away free to people daily, and hypers are given away by the game. If people take the time to work at Harshlands, it could be better.

Which leads me to player-base. The current old players hardly help the lower levels. It's all about money, and self-eccentrism. If older and higer level players would actually help new players out (you'd be surpsied what 100k can do for a new player, or a free fc and pair of hypers), the game would be more active. It's not the game-maker's fault for low new player base, it's the player's fault. This is why my alts are in factions where I can give fc to people free in my alt's level range.

I've spent only like 5,000,000 coins on my level 93 alt because I don't pay attention to free hypers. Half the time, I find free fc's.

Fc could be revamped though.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Arcs a nuisance, downlading a client to be allowed to download and play another client is idiotic and convoluted. It reminds me of Games for Windows Live thing it was unnecessary and only made me dislike the experience of playing the game because of the hoops i had to jump through.

It didnt really hurt the population too drastically, a huge chunk of players still just log in, daily, then afk. But then again the population here is kinda ghost town already. I went to lost like 2 weeks ago and honestly even though there's not as many as there once were, the cat shop population between us surprised me.
    Which leads me to player-base. The current old players hardly help the lower levels. It's all about money, and self-eccentrism. If older and higer level players would actually help new players out (you'd be surpsied what 100k can do for a new player, or a free fc and pair of hypers), the game would be more active. It's not the game-maker's fault for low new player base, it's the player's fault. This is why my alts are in factions where I can give fc to people free in my alt's level range.

kinda true kinda not, there are a lot of guilds helping newbies out, but there's also a lot of newbies that dont rely on themselves, and it leads to a kind of "help me cause I'm a newb" attitude
    I <3 A lot of people
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tbh, personally dont understand this QQ because of Arc

1. It lets you multiclient
    2. Much better way to get bless than before
    3. YOu can shut it down after running first client

HL being dead has nothing to do with Arc, servers simply need to be merged, because there aren't enough active players left
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I havent noticed a dropped in player population. I havent noticed a growth either.
    Sure Arc has its problems but I don't think it will have a huge impact on that population of servers, especially those that are highly cash driven like Harshlands.

I still don't see the need of Arc. What does it bring to the game that makes it better? All it does it make you run another program to log into game. Seems sorta useless to me. As I have said before I see it has a way for them to push advertisements on the players, as it will be the only way for us to "view" the ads.

I am not sure that arc will discourage new players from playing the game. Once a new player sees that you have to spend a butt load of cash or play the game for hours and hours a day to compete (talking pvp servers, not sure how it is on pve), they will most likely leave. Especially when they are spam killed at lvl 50 by lvl 100s.
    NGTUy53.png

edited April 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    I havent noticed a dropped in player population. I havent noticed a growth either.
    Sure Arc has its problems but I don't think it will have a huge impact on that population of servers, especially those that are highly cash driven like Harshlands.

I still don't see the need of Arc. What does it bring to the game that makes it better? All it does it make you run another program to log into game. Seems sorta useless to me. As I have said before I see it has a way for them to push advertisements on the players, as it will be the only way for us to "view" the ads.

I am not sure that arc will discourage new players from playing the game. Once a new player sees that you have to spend a butt load of cash or play the game for hours and hours a day to compete (talking pvp servers, not sure how it is on pve), they will most likely leave. Especially when they are spam killed at lvl 50 by lvl 100s.

Most modern games have something like Arc. If we expect PWI to grow then yes, we need Arc, and people need to not complain about it.

Like I said, old school players are not going to like a change like this from something they have been doing for the past 4+ years.

Arc is going to revolutionize PWE-PWI.

However, Kuru makes a good point, server merges would do wonders.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tbh, personally dont understand this QQ because of Arc

1. It lets you multiclient
    2. Much better way to get bless than before
    3. YOu can shut it down after running first client

HL being dead has nothing to do with Arc, servers simply need to be merged, because there aren't enough active players left

It can because PWe/Wanmeii doesnt seem to be able to do anything properly

Only psuedo-positive, but it'd be easier to have had blessings given to us like the DQ-rewards instead of through facebook connect

Jumping through hoops to play a game.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    With all the work-arounds there are, there isn't really much of a population change. Server definitely needs merged though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kithares - Harshlands
    Kithares - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well It is good seeing some of your replies, I wasn't implying that ARC was bad, it just seems like a huge inconvienence to some new players.

And although new playyers get quite a bunch of stuff to level, it won't be near enough to surpass lv60 solo, EXP rooms would buffer that though if they knew what it was. They only get 5 hypers on the level up system right? or was it 10?
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Regardless of whether arc is convenient or not. The game is heavily outdated, buggy and in heavy decline. If you like the game, enjoy it while it's up.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Well It is good seeing some of your replies, I wasn't implying that ARC was bad, it just seems like a huge inconvienence to some new players.

And although new playyers get quite a bunch of stuff to level, it won't be near enough to surpass lv60 solo, EXP rooms would buffer that though if they knew what it was. They only get 5 hypers on the level up system right? or was it 10?

New Players? lol.

New players wouldn't be in PWI who doesn't even market its own game.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Regardless of whether arc is convenient or not. The game is heavily outdated, buggy and in heavy decline. If you like the game, enjoy it while it's up.

The game isn't in decline, it's just an S-shape curve. It's not growing exponentially, though. If you want new players:
    (1) Older-players need to start taking initiative with them and the game
    (2) PWI needs to seriously advertise, liek Chev pointed out they do not do.
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The game isn't in decline, it's just an S-shape curve. It's not growing exponentially, though. If you want new players:

Right, that's why our servers are full, starter cities are booming with noobies and we have entire threads on how awesome the game is. Trust me my friend, the game is in decline. All games go through this process.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options

There is no S curve is just a \ (granted not as steep)
    Man this isn't at all on the older players, There are bored people world chatting to help people fairly frequently, amongst the other "helping newbies" factions.

The problem is all on PWE, they have horrid customer service when it doesn't involve zen/you haven't dropped 1k into the game, They don't advertize, They barely have control of their east coast severs,There's never a consequence to exploiting a bug/glitch/**** other than not doing it enough, There a beta bugs still in game 6(maybe more) years after beta.

So with PWE not adressing all of that and just about every recent F2P game not having these issues, its only a slow decline of players with a very small amount of newbies showing up and leaving after a a while cause they're alone
    I <3 A lot of people