Change to Botting System.

Aubree - Dreamweaver
Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Quality Corner
I didn't see this mentioned in the patch notes, I assume it was an unintended change.

It used to be first priority was picking up drops, then kill mobs. Since last night's update the priority has changed. Now when botting, your toon is only responding to whichever is closest. So if you kill a mob and another mob is closer than the drops, you kill the next mob. It repeats like this. This is especially bad for ranged toons because you lose out on drops if mobs are closer.
Post edited by Aubree - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _mandorallen - Sanctuary
    _mandorallen - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have to admit that i like the change they made to picking priority... less charm ticks for ranged chars or less pot use and the few drops i miss out arent worth to mention...

my bigger problem is that... when char stops for no reason and even the assist skill function aka timed buff macro doesnt wake him up anymore

killed my bot twice tonight :(

curious if someone else had that problem
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    my bigger problem is that... when char stops for no reason and even the assist skill function aka timed buff macro doesnt wake him up anymore

killed my bot twice tonight :(

curious if someone else had that problem

I'm facing the same issue eventually (more often on my sin than on my mystic) but this is not something new and I had already issues before the last patch.
    For me this is mistly linked to lag issues (I have a crappy bandwith at home)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • moonbladez87
    moonbladez87 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i been runing multiple bots and havent noticed an issue, but it could just be me though
    edited April 2014
    i had the bot running pre-patch with same settings and yes he got stuck in ... i guess... lag...

but he always woke up on master Li´s every 60 secs... since patch he just gets stuck and doesnt even do the assist makro anymore

can say bye to 2 charms just in one night...

happens to barb, sin and cleric, doesnt happen to archer so far
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Such freezes happen when you use a non-targeted skill (spark for instance) while your character wants to kill something or pick something up, and when the non-targeted skill ends, the object the character was focused on does not exist anymore ('cause someone else killed it or picked up the drop). Workaround: Set a non-targeted skill with a very short cast time as the last entry in your support combo. Reduces freeze chance, doesn't eliminate it.
  • NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear
    NissanSilvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The whole Bot program has been rewritten
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frankly - it's always been hard enough to get mob quests done with all the bots running around quest mobs (and base mobs in particular) -- this will just make that even harder now.

before, at least, you had a chance when the bot went for the loot first. now i expect that to change.

IMO, the bots need to be in some type of bot instance - away from the normal population - something like how the new starting area is its own instance. that would allow non-bot players to get their quests done and still allow others the chance to bot to their heart's content.
    edited April 2014
    yeah a botting instance would be nice or different realms like FW has... would make it easier for all of us
  • swabian
    swabian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah well as far as dying goes.... 3 times today I've checked and found my toon dead. To say I'm getting a little pissed is an understatement!!! I have gone through 2 charms and I'm really getting well.. pissed. PWI gives another **** component to the game.

Rage, rage, rage QQ etc.

Yeah I know... get over it.... but come on now PWI
    b:sin