How to deal with your sister class - The blademaster?

drheal
drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Wizard
Me and my buddy, LB, we decided to do some 1 vs 1, as it's been a while since we did it.

He hits like a truck, even though, as you will be able to see, I have an advantage in gear. We tested different tactics and genies.
Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/SmDNR7xAo_0

Any suggestions, comments or ideas of how to improve more are welcome. I still suck at mortal reversion but I think I need to start using that one more and more!b:bye
Post edited by drheal on

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eheh nice question...

with equal gears and equal primals... since we cant dps and a bypass is most likely not to happen seen the debuffs nerf... its really really ****ing hard to kill them
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eheh nice question...

with equal gears and equal primals... since we cant dps and a bypass is most likely not to happen seen the debuffs nerf... its really really ****ing hard to kill them

it is also insanely hard to try not to die. Those crits that he pulls hurt like hell b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drheal
    edited April 2014
    Magic marow reduces my dmg alot. With better cc chaining and more air kite i think i could survive. Once i force his genie and apo, i can sutra and try going for the kill.
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice music.
    -half HP Undine + spark + xpoison + BT still kick *** I think.
    -mortal rev

This NH update is simply destroy all magic caster
    look at sin, barb, BM.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nice music.
    -half HP Undine + spark + xpoison + BT still kick *** I think.
    -mortal rev

This NH update is simply destroy all magic caster
    look at sin, barb, BM.

endgame bm with magic marrow i guess still hjave over 30k pdef (ty the self pdef buff, cleric pdef buffm primal passive)

why all magic class? mystic absorb soul hit more, psy with white voodoo more unkillable, cleric can spam now crycleon
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    endgame bm with magic marrow i guess still hjave over 30k pdef (ty the self pdef buff, cleric pdef buffm primal passive)

why all magic class? mystic absorb soul hit more, psy with white voodoo more unkillable, cleric can spam now crycleon

^this

its not all magic classes...

other classes didnt have genie spark but they can DPS

wizards cant...

i repeat in my opinion you should try a new genie meta:

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=04101527313645&lev=105&lp=81&cls=6

@ 5 155 5 5

our debuff got nerfed by 56% base, 155 dex counter the nerf giving a 2x stronger debuff (tho this doesnt work good @ full buffs still) undine + spark means 198% fire res debuff

also 155 dex for lvl 10 AFA and lvl 1 wind shield are insane damage reduction (wind shield 26% spammable, AFA theorical 45% but its more i tested it)

if you dont like low genie energy regen trade 20 dex for 40 mag ( 5 125 5 45) (but undinespark will be 177% debuff instead of 198%)

i know your playstyle is very defensive\safe playstyle type, but the point is with a non-spark genie and safe playstyle you wont be able to kill him until he will eventually outtank you then land a zerkcrit and kill you

and tho i still ****ing refuse to accept it and go mad when i think about the fact we need a 198% debuff to land damage argh
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • drheal
    edited April 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwSw7ail7Y

This is the POV of the BM for this battle. Maybe some of you can help me identify when is best to hit him, I saw that taking his chi works wonders, forcing his apo and genie.
  • drheal
    edited April 2014
    ^this

wizards cant...

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=04101527313645&lev=105&lp=81&cls=6

@ 5 155 5 5

our debuff got nerfed by 56% base, 155 dex counter the nerf giving a 2x stronger debuff (tho this doesnt work good @ full buffs still) undine + spark means 198% fire res debuff

also 155 dex for lvl 10 AFA and lvl 1 wind shield are insane damage reduction (wind shield 26% spammable, AFA theorical 45% but its more i tested it)

if you dont like low genie energy regen trade 20 dex for 40 mag ( 5 125 5 45) (but undinespark will be 177% debuff instead of 198%)

i know your playstyle is very defensive\safe playstyle type, but the point is with a non-spark genie and safe playstyle you wont be able to kill him until he will eventually outtank you then land a zerkcrit and kill you

and tho i still ****ing refuse to accept it and go mad when i think about the fact we need a 198% debuff to land damage argh

I have tried ur genie recommendations, it does not work for me on my server. I really need my genie to survive now, as BMs and Barbs have OP disables that cant be purified and sins are killing EVERYTHING.

The debuff is nice but most people here have soul of fire, making my job to get close and capitalize a kill, pretty hard.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ^this

wizards cant...

@ 5 155 5 5

155 on single stat enough much since more point needed for 1 stat.... and at end can't use e.poison+spark same time, no?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Note: This is only a suggestion, albeit it is very possible you are well aware of this, and I also realize you didn't ask for suggestions about your gear. Still though here goes:

If you want to increase your surivability, and your chances of defeating that bm indirectly I say scrap the magic based rings (Note: It will reduce the damage your doing magically/it will even increase the damage your taking from magic people slightly, still am guessing you can get away with it, plus more physical defense is always good for casters anyways.) (edit) after getting rid/keeping those magic based rings in the background, grab some physical based rings (might rings) and refine them, and eventually watch your physical defense skyrocket/should make the bm hits be far weaker, though aye the rings will need to be refined fairly well... still if you can do this, I for one suggest that you do.

---

As for the fighting part, I have no suggestions about that, but aye keep the chi away from a bm, and their is very little that he or she can do.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    what's the 1st soundtrack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nvm found it
    Creatures Lie Here (Dubstep Remix)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]