edited April 2014
    Options
    topic lmk plz

someone plz tell me :(
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nobody (outside of PWE staff, and they aren't telling) knows. That said, it has long been believed that Sanctuary and Heavens Tear are the most populated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    oh :( cuz I layed HT b4 and it didn't seem all that big...just tons of cat shops :/
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I took a break from LC server about a year ago and went to DW. At that time, it seemed like there were 4x the people on DW. Hell there were even catshops in Wellspring, hadn't seen that on LC in a long, long time. Then I took a break from PW altogether.

When I came back a few months ago, DW seemed less populated than before, and LC definitely seems more populated now than a year ago. Population may change over time.

In US, there are 2 pve and 1 pvp server per coast, so generally speaking it would seem pve is more popular.

If you're looking for a new server to play, I would prioritize pvp/pve preference and ping over population, but that's just me. Excessive lag is no fun in pve or pvp.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so Lc is best? ;o has more active players o.o
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    private servers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    um no o.o
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so I guess just do LC? or does anyone else know of a better server?
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    morai ? b:shutup
    edited April 2014
    Options
    r u asking me? cuz...idk o.o
    i'd rather not though would like east/west :(
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so what is the highest population?
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There's lots of things that could be an indicator of population, i.e. # of catshops in west arch, # of people attending NW, etc, but as stated before, none of us here know the exact numbers.

There's more to a server than population in any case. Economy, gold prices, TW scene. For most people, the deciding factors are pvp or pve, and ping.

If you could give us some more info we might be able to help more. Are you new to the game? Do you care whether server is pvp / pve? What's your approximate location in the world? Etc..

EDIT: -looks at date on avatar- Oh, guessing you're not new to the game lol
    edited April 2014
    Options
    no not my 1st time have a few chars on HT lvl 47 archer and 67 barb
    but wanna try something new I guess
    PVE would b best Im not big on pvp and ny but east/west would b best they are both low pings for me
    I want a server that has ppl that will help with quests and where like if im high enough level I can help them to like ppl that are always making new characters and stuff :o
    I wast just on HT and went to city of plume and the starting place for the elfs and there were a total of 5 people... :( so couldn't even help anyone..
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There's 5 people in Plume on LC atm b:chuckle For some reason Plume's always been kinda empty.

If NY = New York and you prefer pve, then I'd go with Dreamweaver or Raging Tide. I found the people on DW to be very helpful in my short time there, but I have no experience with RT. Also, ping on the server selection screen does not always = actual ping in game. Best way to find out actual ping is to make a char on each server.

One other thing you may want to consider in choosing east or west is your personal time schedule vs. server event schedule, if you're planning on doing events.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ya ny is east
    but even on HT I have no problem with the game being slow or laggy at all so I can do both east and west
    but DW or RT?
    dw has a lot of people on it like to start off to to make a little group?
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As stated, no one really knows the most populated server. A better way to decide would be whether you prefer pve or pvp, as if you hate pvp and end up on a pvp server you'll be unhappy and visa versa.

When NW came out we were trying to figure this out, same for when we were racing for unlocking the primal areas. Can't remember who exactly had the highest numbers but I believe Heaven's Tear and Lost City were highest with Dreamweaver and Sanctuary not that far behind.

As a regular forum goer for years LC seems to have the lowest game intelligence and biggest cash shopper population while Sanctuary and Dreamweaver seem to have the highest game intelligence (indicated by a bulk of our forums responders being from Sanctuary and most the guides written are from Sanctuary users.) Also, videos of Sanctuary and Dreamweaver seem to be much better quality than those of the more pvp oriented LC.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So now sanctuary?...v.v ugh...

I want a good populated server...that's all I ask...simple question ^^
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I just made a new archer on DW to see if there were any new people on there and im in some place called blissful cove or something? what is this..? what happened to the normal spawn point and why is it the only thing on my map D: what happened....
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I want a good populated server...that's all I ask...simple question ^^

SHUT UP ALREADY..sheesh

whocares what server its all the same bs man..come on.If you haven't got numbers already just roll the dice and pick!!!!
    edited April 2014
    Options
    no o.o
    and whats this new place on the map? D:
    edited April 2014
    Options
    help o.o
    edited April 2014
    Options
    would like to know what other people think and not just 2...out of the many people that play this game
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dude, just pick one of those servers and try it out. No one at the moment really knows what the exact population is on the servers, but if you want one that may be the highest pick an older server. RT is a newer server, but I don't know what the other server ages are in order, so don't ask me.

As for the Blissful Cove area, that came with the most recent expansion and is now the starting area for all new toons. Just play through it, its not that hard, just mostly intro stuff.

Now just play and enjoy yourself, or your head might fall off from worrying so much.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Sanctuary was actually suggested by the first responder...

And East or West is two different options. You have 3 servers on the west coast of the US (2 pve, 1 pvp) and 3 on the east coast (2 pve, 1 pvp). The idea is the closer coast should have the lower ping.

I get a feeling you're not fully reading our responses, anyways. You keep demanding an answer to which has the most populated server and we keep telling you except for Morai and RT (newer servers) they're all about equal. So pick one of the remaining based on whether you prefer pve or pvp, and then chose the one with the lowest ping.

As for the new starting area, in December they came out with a new expansion that introduced Primal World area and the ability to reincarnate (can reset your characters level to earn bonus stats). Blissful Cove is a copy-paste of the Primal World area for new characters so that new classes don't have to quest alone (or quest with reawakened high levels). It was so dead in all the starter towns they introduced that place so every new character goes to the same place and may have other low levels to actually quest with.

Until you are 100+ content of this game is pretty dead no matter what server you pick.
  • pro4hire
    pro4hire Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I would go with Heaven's Tear. I have toons on LC, Sanc., Dreamweaver, and Arch. and I believe HT is the busiest one.

Plenty of loud mouth idiots too, but I think they are on every server.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you are coming to Morai be prepared to mortgage ur house or sell a kidney or something. Its by far the most expensive server here :( I moved from DW and its as populated as DW but everything costs a fortune. 30k for tokens, 75k for do alls, 3.6m for gold b:cry
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    HT is the biggest PWI server outside of china and subsidiaries - this does not include contractor - licences operators that have to pay extra for expansions and bug fixes.

I am aware its not popular to say, and PWE staff will not disclose that info in data in order to preserve the population on the other servers, which is policy - to be honest i dont know why this thread is not locked.

ht is the oldest pve server of PWI, has the most 105 and r9s3 chars, when devs were making events and testing horns they either were constantly checking on HT or during events nerfed HT scores coz population was too high.

many of the other servers have core players ppl that left ht or lc servers

enjoy pwi in any server you are in
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • ctstew
    ctstew Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you are coming to Morai be prepared to mortgage ur house or sell a kidney or something. Its by far the most expensive server here :( I moved from DW and its as populated as DW but everything costs a fortune. 30k for tokens, 75k for do alls, 3.6m for gold b:cry

It is the same in Raging Tides (RT), Cost is through the roof, tokens 30K, VIT stones 90k-100k, teles 30K ect
    To buy gold from the auction house costs 3,999,900 that is the maximum allowed so no one is selling there gold because I tried to seel gold for 4,000,000 and I got a dum message telling me to sell in increments of 100,000 less that 1,000,000.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    *sniff sniff*

Is that fresh zombie I smell?

... Better BBQ it!
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.