TW Dimensions

Options
Allonade - Dreamweaver
Allonade - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
So, essentials first...I'm not new to TW, I don't need a review of the basics, what I'm curious about rather- does it say anywhere, or has anyone figured out, what the dimensions are of the TW map in terms of meters.

I have the overworld map of PWI's TW map, just curious what the actual distances are from corner to corner if anyone's bothered to find out...
Post edited by Allonade - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So, essentials first...I'm not new to TW, I don't need a review of the basics, what I'm curious about rather- does it say anywhere, or has anyone figured out, what the dimensions are of the TW map in terms of meters.

I have the overworld map of PWI's TW map, just curious what the actual distances are from corner to corner if anyone's bothered to find out...

Not sure why you would want to do this, but I don't know if it's even really possible. At least, in the last five years of playing the game, I've never seen anyone pull off scaling the dimensions of the current TW map.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tw should have a new map rotation every reset tw is the less updated **** in the game.
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Why I'd like to do it is simply for C2 in TW, being able to know the dimensions means that you can better estimate timelines for moving squads or the approach of a push.

-I do agree that changes to the map every season or two would be nice, however that's not the topic at hand.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I was debating if I should answer or troll the **** out of this thread. I decided I`ll answer and keep the mocking tone to minimum.

First of all, the distances in map, in way you want them, are ultimately irrelevant. Map reset is soon, if you want actual times, just take cata against some lowbie faction and time your progression from point A to B.

Good barbs move bout as fast as catas can while generating chi on the way. Timing their moving is fairly easy. The problem comes with do catas take the ninja route at the edge of map trying to avoid notice? How long are they waiting for everybody to get to meeting point X. Outside of simple distance there is so many things that can affect the time it takes for catas to move and distance imo becomes more or less pointless information.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1km x 1km square
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @Hubs
    Thank you for avoiding mocking the thread and giving valid input. Yes there are a multitude of factors that play into movement and progression along a route- I would never solely or exclusively rely on this as a means to decide the 'go-ahead' for a plan. Thank you all the same.

@Mag
    Awesome, that makes sense and seems reasonable unless stated otherwise.