[TW] Dynasty vs Tempest 04/12/2014

Options
Hunkary - Dreamweaver
Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Tideswell (East)
Thank you for the fun Tempest :D
Was an awesome TW, since you are more powerfull now because of the merger with Relic :D

Looking forward to more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4Rf6eKIdA&feature=youtu.be
105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
Post edited by Hunkary - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nice video hunk ;D

It was pretty fun 80 vs 80 with tempest

Gf tempest
    Amazing job Dynasty <3
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's gonna be a great TW season next one, I'm sure hoping for more balanced TWs! A few good players sat out of this TW because there were not 100 hours qualified... So it'll hopefully mean we will be able to extend TWs even more soon.

It's good when Dynasty members welcome the challenge, it just speaks loud about a group that should be looking for challenge, not for free lands, my PWI utopia was always 2 powers fighting each other in a balanced environment while the rest of the server can enjoy small TWs, rather than a big dog/underdog devour fest... Sadly I could never convince my faction leaders to do so.

I guess that shows that when members agree on having more fun rather than having more lands, everyone wins! I certainly hope to see you guys more than once next week!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I guess that shows that when members agree on having more fun rather than having more lands, everyone wins! I certainly hope to see you guys more than once next week!

If you mean having the same TW at 2pm and 8pm.... count me out, is too boring doing the same twice if it will last 90min+, beside that tires people and after 2 weeks noone will attend the 2nd one, also some of us have lifes lolb:laugh

But yeah, im all for fun TWs, and no idea when next season will start, but will be interesting.

P.S; Hunk bad video, im hardly on it XD
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you mean having the same TW at 2pm and 8pm.... count me out, is too boring doing the same twice if it will last 90min+, beside that tires people and after 2 weeks noone will attend the 2nd one, also some of us have lifes lolb:laugh

But yeah, im all for fun TWs, and no idea when next season will start, but will be interesting.

P.S; Hunk bad video, im hardly on it XD

Aye but in the same sense, its not good for the weak to constantly be steamrolled, because not everyone has the willpower to preserve, some make one hell of a effort to do so, but in the end fall short, due to various reasons, but I think the main thing is that the gear that truly allows people to stay in the frey is well out of many peoples reach, and remains so throughout their gaming life. (I am not saying its ridiculously hard, but really with the gold prices/token prices/all the competition with merchanting it does get rather tedious/elusive trying to get that better gear to stand a chance against the oped ones. Hell some of the better ways to merchant was ruined by pwi(e) and their cash shop.)

Anyways yea... all things eventually become tedious and monotonous... some will preserve, others will fade, some will be remembered, but we will all eventually be forgotten, our names wont be spoken by many, and even if they are, the likelihood of a good percentage of the players/people around wont even really recognize it, and who knows if that will even be in a fond way? We all will eventually become fading vague memories of those who are left behind, and when they leave, then no one will speak your name/let along recognize it. (Like that saying, We die twice: Once when we take our last breath, and again when the last person we knew speaks our name)

*rambles more* xD

Seriously though, the tediousness/lack of 'fun' of something can easily go both ways. :$ Just depends on who you ask, some really hate getting one shotted/some hate how tedious something becomes with how long it often takes. I know I for one don't want it to be monotonous, too difficult, or easy, or time consuming. After all as you said drag we all do indeed undoubtedly have real life to attend too. :$
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Hasumiryou - Dreamweaver
    Hasumiryou - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts. b:pleased

Ah balls wrong avatar, GG forums
  • SonH - Dreamweaver
    SonH - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    In conclusion, I'm the best, everyone else is trash.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    In conclusion, I'm the best, everyone else is trash.

It is why we have been having the #nerfSonH on world chat. Not to mention the other #Nerf(specific person)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you mean having the same TW at 2pm and 8pm.... count me out

Alright bye!

TW is the last fun thing to do in this game where the PVE is repetitive and PK is limited. No TW is the same in succession, I guess you just got used to that many 10 minute bashes they all look the same. In some sense, if you're bored of squad PK, you would have given up on nation wars long ago too, yet some of us bring more than one toon to it because it's that much fun.

If you rather just not risk go into the expenses that 2 long wars will bring you just say so. To say that long wars throughout one day will make the experience boring and will make you not want to do it is unreal, considering most of the people in dynasty now came from the faction that did 2 3 hour wars for 3 good years... And they're all still pretty happy about continuing in doing so. I guess you're just not used to it, since you weren't there.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    In conclusion, I'm the fat, everyone else is not fat

Fixed for you SonH <3

Aaaaand I gotta agree with Andres here. The game has been kinda dead for a long time, TW is one of the few fun things to do in here nowadays since PvE is repetitive as he said and if you don't have the gears you can't PK propely.
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Alright bye!

TW is the last fun thing to do in this game where the PVE is repetitive and PK is limited. No TW is the same in succession, I guess you just got used to that many 10 minute bashes they all look the same. In some sense, if you're bored of squad PK, you would have given up on nation wars long ago too, yet some of us bring more than one toon to it because it's that much fun.

If you rather just not risk go into the expenses that 2 long wars will bring you just say so. To say that long wars throughout one day will make the experience boring and will make you not want to do it is unreal, considering most of the people in dynasty now came from the faction that did 2 3 hour wars for 3 good years... And they're all still pretty happy about continuing in doing so. I guess you're just not used to it, since you weren't there.

TW is my favourite part of the game as well, by far.
    But think for a minute, that not everyone will have 2-3 hours in the 2pm time and 2-3 hours in 8pm time as well free to attend them. That would cause 2nd TW of the day to be boring or a bash if one got better attendance.
    Your idea is the same 2 factions doing the same TW the same day with 5-6 hours appart, that would be nice... for 2 weeks, after that many will lose the urge to come to TW cause there are 2, and the same.
    Some people have other goals such as farming in game, so cant waste so many hours in TW, not everyone is endgame in dynasty, hell, not even 10 people are endgame in dynasty.

Andres, dont try to play troll games with me saying i like 10min TW or such, everyone knows im always the 1st to go to a fun TW, as i was happy to see the merge tempest did absorbing relic members (i dont think it was necesary, tempest as any big faction can have their ups and dows but they can recruit their numbers back easily) but is a great solution, and it actually help us too, because the lack of funnier TWs was creating a crappy dynasty turnout, like 60 people, not 120 like some say... lol

Also i have been in dyna for at least 2 1/2 years, so dont tell me where have i been or not, and people seem to like having me there at least ( even though they hide it showing a desire to kill me and put prices for each time someone kill me in NW and has a ss, but thats beside the pointb:laugh)
  • bigdoodledorris
    bigdoodledorris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    THERE IS GOOD TW??? wow gg gamers
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My TW Video:
    http://vimeo.com/91815311

I started uploading to Vimeo, because it doesn't take out the music from the video like Youtube does due to copyright ****(and im too lazy to write novels to youtube about it).

Or I could just add that I don't own the music and blah blah blah on the description next time.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Awesome video DP, shame the lack of music, but will be there next time, keep them coming!!
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No troll games, I pointed out a few facts, which I guess I'll have to ellaborate on. Apologies if you felt offended, the reality is that of those 2.5 years you've been a part of Dynasty, there's been maybe a year and a half of decent TWs; and they still cannot compare to what those that came from Calamity/Regenesis experienced... A lot had to do with the debacle of Regenesis, sure, there were a few stages where TW was a challenge, but ultimately, we all knew the inevitable outcome of this season from the beginning. It wasn't a jab at anyone in Dynasty but certainly to the rest of the server, the fact that you guys are only offered short TWs is our own fault, for letting our egos, resentments and or faction name pride get in the way of a more balanced server.

I doubt that any "rebuilt" faction could have posed a treat to dynasty without a merge of it's own. Dynasty itself is the result of massive player migrations, from Regenesis, from Vex, from catface, from HDT. Once again, it's not an attempt to troll, it's just pointing out a fact... This is not the first mayor "merge" nor will it ever be the last. We could have kept recycling heavy hitters into half-assed factions and continue this endless cycle of weakened factions that Dynasty has, so far (including this past TW), destroyed every single encounter... Dynasty certainly doesn't have a Kalopsia, a PG, a Heartz or a DarkSkiesx. But it does have a level of synergy and tactical order that we hope to match someday, hopefully sooner than later for the sake of the server. This makes people that's very well geared like aikana, kenji, iceblade, nigelus, antics, RuS, Pablo, BigCojones, SonH, Anonome, Wacky, sarisama, yourself, Aeliah, Countessia, Maximo, Lechi, Temptation, Blood, Drakira, Melon, TruWarz, his wife, Domma, Cinnu, Cinocefalo, Saia, etc (you'll have to apologize me for not listing you all, but certainly not just 10) just as deadly as any of our endgame players, because they are the result of many years of Calamity or Regenesis 3 hour wars, and now Dynasty TWs, however unchallenging they have been... TW has never been about having 20 OP players and 60 fillers. If it was so the success that Ajay's Equinox had would have lived on for longer than it did. TW will never be about 10-20 people that's endgame and the meatshields that are placed in between, but it is the result of how you balance and progress your own faction, so that all 80 you field present a level of gear and coordination that outweighs any "OP" player on the other side.

/\/az, _Katarra_, Hunkary, SpectreBR, Boobii amongst a few other archers that are +10/+12 bow, +8/+10 gear, a few JoSD or Garnet Sharded clerics like Valentessa, sweetart, etc, a couple more of r9rr mystics like Anaara, Electryfride's or just very skilled ones like Xaner, quite a few more guns that you have there, that while not endgame yet, are very well geared, certainly better geared than what we could ever offer pre-merger as a secondary squad.

The reality is that both the Relic core and the Tempest core were too weak to face Dynasty core alone. And Dynasty succession of victories and good upper management of both roster and faction rules is on point, which makes recruitment easier for you. You can try and downplay your roster as much as you want, I dont think there's any fool left here that still believes it...

I don't necessarily believe 3 hour wars will happen. Dynasty still has quite a few tactical advantages, like having easily half of the 10 best barbs, clerics and venos of the server. At the level of archers we can argue we have better geared ones, but you have a greater number of r9rr ones well geared, in my opinion. Wizards is certainly a Dynasty plus, Seekers is a leveled scenario, Psychics I will say it's sort of balanced, Mystics might be an advantage for us, in BMs there's a huge difference in your favor that can be overcome with practice and coordination... It's hard to drop any of those cata barbs if they're established in a pocket with all of the DDs mentioned above and some semi-decent healing support. Hell, the first official post-merge TW barely lasted an hour... Unless this changes this week, it will still sound just like a bunch of excuses to grab lands, which is perfectly fine if you want to do so. We did it a few times in Calamity and Regenesis, something I was never proud of and always complained about, specially during the InTandem era. Just don't try to sell the server the idea that TW will get boring if we keep doing it often, when we haven't even gotten to the point where it lasts for 3 hours.

I guess we'll have to reach that point to discuss it, wouldn't you agree?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nice vid :) Some things never change.. b:chuckle