Work-around for patch for non-Arc users?

Zheii - Archosaur
Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
This is quite literally a plea for help, I'm currently using the elementclient work-around so as to not have to download Arc. Now, my most recent problem is how on earth am I going to patch it? I cannot open the patcher due to it telling me I have to download Arc (****ing piece of bull****, **** that it is) And I can't seem to actually find the manual patch anywhere to attempt to figure out a way around it myself, so could someone pllleeaasseee link me the manual patch and tell me if that is going to work, or could solutions be given in any way shape or form.

Thanks in advance- Zheii <3. xox

/Edit found the manual patch:
pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_779-783.cup

Is this going to work?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
Post edited by Zheii - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1).Download the Manual Patch > pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_779-783.cup
    2).Go To your PWI folder>Launcher> Delete the file arcsdk.dll.
    3).Then Run the elementclient or patcher it won't ask you to download ARC anymore & u can easily update the game using that manual patch or auto-patcher whichever method you choose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I had to uncheck "automatically update client" in the update box when the PWI launcher comes up. After that, click manual, and move to the destination where the patch was downloaded. When I tried to double click the manual patch, it tried redownloading after opening Arc. Unfortunately, I had to install Arc though. I suggest leave it installed unless you want to install/uninstall it every week.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    We are currently working on a workaround for users with outdated clients that are not being detected by Arc; if all goes well it should be available within the next day or two. Until then, the easiest solution is to simply reinstall the game through Arc.

We have no plans to provide non-Arc options for PWI.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Surtr wrote: »
    We are currently working on a workaround for users with outdated clients that are not being detected by Arc; if all goes well it should be available within the next day or two. Until then, the easiest solution is to simply reinstall the game through Arc.

In other words...."**** you guys, we don't care if you rage quit"
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC isn't harmful at all, so there's no point in Quitting the game just because of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thats fine if you dont have plans for non-arc options......I MADE MY OWN!!
    I know you gms/cms wont listen to this,,,in any form whatsoever.... but it may come to a supprise to you that not everyone likes some junk fail pos steam lookalike running in the background that offers no real legit reason to actually use it other then you removing other ways to get things like blessings and making it a arc ONLY item, by doing so, your FORCING non arc users to use it thus making the download count for arc higher and in turn making yourselves feel good. " o hey, we got 20k downloads this week, arc must be good" while totally ignoring the fact you closed ALL roads to things like facebook connect>blessings/DQ rewards/core connect and opening only ONE road for blessings...by force mind you,
    (which btw dont even show for all toons no more)
    So "forcing" downloads and "forcing" users to use arc makes arc seem "wanted" by the users who pay your paychecks?
    OK, lets break it down then...
    ARC: we can get blessings thru it...+1
    USERS: Loss of core connect.-1
    A reverting of the pwi site back to the old version to cut off people from using facebook connect for blessings thus "forcing" another reason to download arc. -1
    Arc not acknowledging current pwi installs.-1
    Arc forcing a 16gb download cus it dont recognize its own game it was integrated with. -1
    Arc causing lag on some people, not all. (differs based on uses computer)-1

i can go on and on and there are problems with it for some users i can say i dont have thank goodness.

If it wasnt for the "forceful" way you introduced arc, heck i wouldnt have a single complaint.
    But that aint the case is it?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014

I wonder if this means that some of my posts/threads will start getting me in trouble... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC isn't harmful at all, so there's no point in Quitting the game just because of it.

Your right, its not harmful. i completely agree.
    Im just irritated at the fact it was forced on us is all.
  • MagicSiren - Archosaur
    MagicSiren - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1).Download the Manual Patch > pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_779-783.cup
    2).Go To your PWI folder>Launcher> Delete the file arcsdk.dll.
    3).Then Run the elementclient or patcher it won't ask you to download ARC anymore & u can easily update the game using that manual patch or auto-patcher whichever method you choose.

Thank you very much for this.

To the people that say Arc "is not harmfull" i can just say that trying to discard a con dont make it a pro. Best thing people was able to say about arc is that on their system it didnt cause any trouble, but that doesnt mean that has done any good either. Arc dont give anything to the game that we didnt had before they add it, so up to now if it has no PRO and it does has CON for many people (like me) that they dont want a useless program running on background. If the program wasnt ABSOLUTLY USELESS we coulndt still find workaround and play the game with full funcionality.

Basically the developers should put their efforce on adding any PRO to that aplication or any CON it has will turn the balance against it.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you very much for this.

To the people that say Arc "is not harmfull" i can just say that trying to discard a con dont make it a pro. Best thing people was able to say about arc is that on their system it didnt cause any trouble, but that doesnt mean that has done any good either. Arc dont give anything to the game that we didnt had before they add it, so up to now if it has no PRO and it does has CON for many people (like me) that they dont want a useless program running on background. If the program wasnt ABSOLUTLY USELESS we coulndt still find workaround and play the game with full funcionality.

Basically the developers should put their efforce on adding any PRO to that aplication or any CON it has will turn the balance against it.

This is just the half rent. You need to eliminate all wrting rights on the Launcher Folder after deleting said file. This way arc will never ever bother you again. Like it never happened to begin with =P If you dont refuse the writing rights for any user the launcher will simply replace the .dll =P

PS: I wonder if this will get me into trouble =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Ms_Sinister - Archosaur
    Ms_Sinister - Archosaur Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    uhhhhhhh i tried this link for manual patch and it keeps freezing my computer before it even finishes
    whats the deal with that?
    The Grim Reaper
    ONCE U GO DEMON YOU NEVER GO BACK
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    as for your pros vs cons things... I get that you don't want arc on your computer. it's normal for people to dislike change.

the PRO'S list that I've thus far uncovered, is this;
    - It stabilizes the game. I haven't lag spiked all over the damn map at random since I installed it. Not sure if this is because of ARC specifically, or just because pwi's been having a good streak with this, but it's worth mentioning.
    - It makes the game overall run better. I was able to turn the graphics up to a point which *used* to crash my computer's graphics card, repeatedly, when they were up that high.
    - you can avoid all this "help me, I use the work around and I can't figure out how- ect ect ect" nonsense. you launch pwi, pwi launches arc, grab yourself some free blessings before setting it into a background process, and enjoy your gaming. PWI boots and "runs" just the same as before, with the aforementioned notations being a nice, noticeable difference.
    - Despite a massive panic spike before it was made mandatory, arc does indeed not stop multi clienting in any way. This was a huuuuuge issue for me, so, just wanted to get that on the table.

Cons, mainly, you have to put up with a lot more work and nonsensical stuff just to be able to play the game the same as the rest of us who have installed arc.

New players coming to the game aren't going to be like "THIS WASN'T MANDATORY BEFORE, RAAAGE b:angry." no, they're not even going to give it a second thought if they're veteran gamers. Games have launchers! it's a normal thing. and *besides* all of this, as a footnote, there's always a chance that with this new affiliation with arc for pwi, good things might come of it. Obviously there's more advertising for the game, and that's good, but leaning more towards the gameplay aspects, the pwi staff have long since tossed pwi over their shoulder and called it done. There hasn't been a single update since arc became a known "this is what we're doing" thing that I haven't enjoyed. Whether that's because of arcs staff actually working with pwi staff, or pwi staff trying to convince the arc staff that this game hasn't been on a backburner for years, I don't know. The point is, I see it as a good thing, and hope for more good things to come.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014

And we have no plans to accept all of your crappy solutions to things anymore if we can work around them. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just used the workaround of deleting the Arc lines (174-181) from the stringtab document in the patcher folder and mine updated normally by using elementclient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if this means that some of my posts/threads will start getting me in trouble... b:surrender

I doubt it. The post just says that they won't be providing non-Arc options. If your posts were a problem, you'd probably have heard about it by now.

Basically it just gets them off the hook for support. I think. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Starting the patcher with the arc:1 option works just as well. That's how I got mine patched, anyway.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redoubt - Harshlands
    Redoubt - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May I ask how to start with the options. Use small words, every step. I'm a transplant from another era.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    May I ask how to start with the options. Use small words, every step. I'm a transplant from another era.
    1. Right click on your "patcher.exe" file and select "Create Shortcut"
    2. Right click on the newly-created shortcut file and go to Properties
    3. Add "arc:1" to the target path, OUTSIDE the quotes
    4. Hit OK and run the shortcut.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Great, thanks so much to everyone who answered my question, I ended up downloading the manual patch and then deleting the arcsdk.dll file and everything worked perfectly :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    edited April 2014
    actually where do i go to find patcher.exe?
    The Grim Reaper
  • MagicSiren - Archosaur
    MagicSiren - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    as for your pros vs cons things... I get that you don't want arc on your computer. it's normal for people to dislike change.

the PRO'S list that I've thus far uncovered, is this;
    - It stabilizes the game. I haven't lag spiked all over the damn map at random since I installed it. Not sure if this is because of ARC specifically, or just because pwi's been having a good streak with this, but it's worth mentioning.

I play the game without arc and have any of issues nor now nor after

- It makes the game overall run better. I was able to turn the graphics up to a point which *used* to crash my computer's graphics card, repeatedly, when they were up that high.

Again, Arc doenst have any effect on the elementclient.exe. Its all about PC configuration but Arc is just an aplication that run completly independent from the game.

- you can avoid all this "help me, I use the work around and I can't figure out how- ect ect ect" nonsense. you launch pwi, pwi launches arc, grab yourself some free blessings before setting it into a background process, and enjoy your gaming. PWI boots and "runs" just the same as before, with the aforementioned notations being a nice, noticeable difference.

U could get the blessing for before Arc too, the problem about people asking how to avoid it was created at the moment they create Arc. How can create a problem could be even considered a PRO b:surrender ?

- Despite a massive panic spike before it was made mandatory, arc does indeed not stop multi clienting in any way. This was a huuuuuge issue for me, so, just wanted to get that on the table.

Again, how can NO create a problem with something we already have can be considered a PRO? We could multiclient before and we can multiclient now, arc didnt bring anything good.

Cons, mainly, you have to put up with a lot more work and nonsensical stuff just to be able to play the game the same as the rest of us who have installed arc.

I dont have any issue rigth now, PWI programing staff has no acces to the program code itself. Starting from tha point that was the main excuse to not solve the game problems, I can be totally safe knowing that it always going to exist a workaround becuase they just CANT mess up the original program.

New players coming to the game aren't going to be like "THIS WASN'T MANDATORY BEFORE, RAAAGE b:angry." no, they're not even going to give it a second thought if they're veteran gamers. Games have launchers! it's a normal thing. and *besides* all of this, as a footnote, there's always a chance that with this new affiliation with arc for pwi, good things might come of it. Obviously there's more advertising for the game, and that's good, but leaning more towards the gameplay aspects, the pwi staff have long since tossed pwi over their shoulder and called it done. There hasn't been a single update since arc became a known "this is what we're doing" thing that I haven't enjoyed. Whether that's because of arcs staff actually working with pwi staff, or pwi staff trying to convince the arc staff that this game hasn't been on a backburner for years, I don't know. The point is, I see it as a good thing, and hope for more good things to come.

Answers on red for ur "PROs", still not a single person can give a pro to this thingy. NOTHING was improved with this implemantation, not a single thing we have now that we couldnt have before. The thing is basic, Arc is a parallel application to the game that has no effect on the game usage. Arc is just another program that try to get installed on ur task bar and stay there just in case, now the good question would be "In case of what?"
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i tried that it said naame not valid

OK. everyone always gets confused. The quotes before and after a command we tell you to add in the target section of a shortcut, needs to be there or else you get invalids. Another thing, those of you that downloaded arc to get blessings and are having trouble updating, you probably had a new installation of PWI so its now located in c:\program files (x86)\Perfect World Internation\PWI_en\
    There u can find your element folder and patcher folder to create new links and change your targets as needed with these workarrounds we provide your. if this does not make sense, THEN YOUR STUCK USING ARC.
    edited April 2014
    OK. everyone always gets confused. The quotes before and after a command we tell you to add in the target section of a shortcut, needs to be there or else you get invalids. Another thing, those of you that downloaded arc to get blessings and are having trouble updating, you probably had a new installation of PWI so its now located in c:\program files (x86)\Perfect World Internation\PWI_en\
    There u can find your element folder and patcher folder to create new links and change your targets as needed with these workarrounds we provide your. if this does not make sense, THEN YOUR STUCK USING ARC.

i just read this
    good lookin bro
    The Grim Reaper
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i tried that it said naame not valid

I had to put a space between the quote and arc:1 to get it to work for my hubby's computer. But now it's updating. Hopefully that fixed our problem, but I think he's having a problem with a file apparently missing from elementclient, even though it's clearly there.
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You could also just Open the clients that you need open, then ctrl/alt/delete, task manager and force quit Arc. Your client windows stay open and operable while Arc closes and you don't have to have it ruining your game experience by sucking up your memory.

You're welcome. b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    They may delete it but i will post a better tutorial in lots of other pw related forums too and i will keep updating it here aswell if anything changes...

How about you... not do that? Ways around it are one thing but what you're doing is just something that should not be done. Period.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jojoushi - Sanctuary
    Jojoushi - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After being absent from the game for months now and coming back (albeit very momentarily) this was just the thread I needed! Thanks everyone.

AAAAAAAAAAAND the cuddles monster strikes again b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Life is always what you make of it...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    After being absent from the game for months now and coming back (albeit very momentarily) this was just the thread I needed! Thanks everyone.

AAAAAAAAAAAND the cuddles monster strikes again b:victory

Glad the thread could help and welcome back! :D!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]