the most recent scam, be careful.

1235»

Comments

• Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This also has occured on the RT server as well, Don't trust anyone asking for acct info or asking you to visit a site outside of pwi/arc games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This also has occured on the RT server as well, Don't trust anyone asking for acct info or asking you to visit a site outside of pwi/arc games

When it comes to MMOs, I trust no one, not even friends, not because I don't trust my friends, but because in the MMO world you just don't know who might be behind the toon. As for account info, I won't even trust immediate family with it. I also regularly change my password, have different passwords for the game, faction site, email, etc. I would never trust 3rd party game programs like botting, or private servers, or non PWI websites. I'm not paranoid, but in almost 20 years of gaming, I've never once been scammed or **** in any game I've played.

However this poor Nigerian fella needs me to send him money. He promises to send me a lot in return so, I will check the forums later.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    just a little update what happened after this thread:

NOTHING

the person keeps pming me ingame, just to let me know he is still arund, meanwhile he used new phishingsites that promise "free war avatars" and so on.
    half of his chars got kicked from active factions, the other half doesnt believe his "guilt" and keeps him in....which resulted in a couple of new successfull scams.
    he even renamed his r9 mystic and got into a big faction by just using the same old successfull method of pretending to be "new and noob".

PWI received dozens of tickets about this person with all kind of relevant details and he still plays and scams. how?

oh and as a sidenote: i accidently NPCed a stack of items worth of 2~(now 2.5)billion coins 1 day before my birthday after a visual glitch in the sell-menue and PWI doesnt want to return it. i know 20+ people that got their stuff back without any further drama, i get told there are "no mentioned transactions tracked". life has a funny way to balance stuff out. gotta be a d1ck nowadays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thats one main problem in being full free2play ranky :p

I still dont know why everyone is so upset with the scamming thing.

Seriously. It's all about abusing stupidity of others to get an advantage. Dont see a big difference to what most multi billion coin heavy Merchants are doing. Same goes for you ranky.

Merchanting stuff (means buying lowest possible prices and selling highest possible) is scamming others and gaining from their loss. ofc you are not forcing then to sell you stuff for cheap but that doesnt eliminate the fact that the whole merchanting strategy depends of either stupid or very very desperate ppl that need money asap (judging from the fact that we are talking about a game its kinda the same as stupid).

the problems are not the scammers (might count in merchants or not idc). the problem is the overwhelming stupidity of humans. mix it up with a little greed and you get the perfect retardness.

Imho ppl that get tricked that easily and fall for redicolous obvious sht as this deserve it. they deserve it so much like they would literally beg for it and even more. Even if someone would play this game who is purely innocent and trusts anyone and anything there are enough warnings in the forums and in the ToS themselves. ya well that ignorance...makes me even wish to kick ppl falling for this even more.

If I ever would be stupid enough to fall for something redicolous I wanna be dead the next second because I would know that my brain alrdy is dead then.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont understand this "its victims fault" mentality. Is it victims fault if a girl gets abused coz she wears sexy outfit? Thats almost same case here. Hackers are getting smarter and smarter every day, and they evolve their ways to find ppl who will fall for it. And no, those people dont have to be stupid, it can be just language issue or something else that puts their guard down. It doesnt make it right and we as community have to fight against it together since GMs didnt even move a little finger to punish well known scammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • moonbladez87
    moonbladez87 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I dont understand this "its victims fault" mentality. Is it victims fault if a girl gets abused coz she wears sexy outfit? Thats almost same case here. Hackers are getting smarter and smarter every day, and they evolve their ways to find ppl who will fall for it. And no, those people dont have to be stupid, it can be just language issue or something else that puts their guard down. It doesnt make it right and we as community have to fight against it together since GMs didnt even move a little finger to punish well known scammers.

how many times has pwi said that if the site isn't an official pwi site don't go to it! if a person reads the user agreement it clearly states that you should not give out acount info to anyone else, and that actualy letting someone else use your account/ account sharing is bannable. when you go to a gold site or any fake pwi and they ask for your account info you should know better, if it's too good to be true then it likely isn't true.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If a scammer ever gets me ill say.

"Dang you got me your a smooth operator my good fellow"

Takes some good skill to scam though
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited April 2014
    you act like he just asks for account infos and thats it. its not like that. he is actually pretty smart when it comes to the scam-methods (or a good learner)
    he managed to bring alts into almost every bigger faction, knows about current events and happenings in there and takes advantage of it. he abuses the trust between specofic people, aims for the bad english speakers first and he even sends fake emails with faction stuff.

anyway, i can now confirm that this person is also active on the Sanctuary server. he just linked me 20 big notes from a lvl 5 wizard-girl and wanted to trade them to Morai. when i asked who to pm on Morai, he gave me the name of 1 of his known alts.

pwi-support, mind to wake up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you act like he just asks for account infos and thats it. its not like that. he is actually pretty smart when it comes to the scam-methods (or a good learner)
    he managed to bring alts into almost every bigger faction, knows about current events and happenings in there and takes advantage of it. he abuses the trust between specofic people, aims for the bad english speakers first and he even sends fake emails with faction stuff.

anyway, i can now confirm that this person is also active on the Sanctuary server. he just linked me 20 big notes from a lvl 5 wizard-girl and wanted to trade them to Morai. when i asked who to pm on Morai, he gave me the name of 1 of his known alts.

pwi-support, mind to wake up?

he is smart indeed,
    to realize it was him i had to track his ip that lead to a finnish proxy,
    then when i spoke to him he pretended to be from qatar but mispelled capital name and was speaking "egyptian" arabic language (egyptian is the nationality of this hacker)

i believe anything logging pwi from a proxy should just get permabanned as it is for other games
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    My main concern is that it's so persistent and big scaled. I've seen scams, hacks and stuff like that in game, but never on this scale. I've seen fakes from any noticeable faction on Morai. From what I noticed, there is very precise information on targetting (bad English, no fl, ...) and good knowledge of what's going on in those factions (so yeah, probably alts everywhere). Next to that, it's going on for a long time now. Most that I've seen where more "hit and run" attempts. This just keeps going, even made websites for different attempts and so on. On top of that, it seems to affect all servers. Can't say if it's in the same extend as Morai, but there are enough posts in this thread.

I always consider people are often to naive and that they should pay more attention, it's also up to PWE to take some measures and (try to) put up barriers. If this continues on Morai, we'll soon have an over paranoid server.
    Merchanting stuff (means buying lowest possible prices and selling highest possible) is scamming others and gaining from their loss. ofc you are not forcing then to sell you stuff for cheap but that doesnt eliminate the fact that the whole merchanting strategy depends of either stupid or very very desperate ppl that need money asap (judging from the fact that we are talking about a game its kinda the same as stupid).

You're mixing several things up here (for most countries at least). In simplified, if someones ignorance leads them to buying something to expensive or selling it to cheap, and you gain advantage of that, you're simply lucky with only a few exceptions like minors. If you use their ignorance to lie to them and make them believe something that isn't true, then you are abusing them.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    trands wrote: »
    You're mixing several things up here (for most countries at least). In simplified, if someones ignorance leads them to buying something to expensive or selling it to cheap, and you gain advantage of that, you're simply lucky with only a few exceptions like minors. If you use their ignorance to lie to them and make them believe something that isn't true, then you are abusing them.

Good Point...tho you're just scratching the surface here. it is not that simple. And cause of this it always gets me when some ppl insult me for writing BS on these forums (not you) when they simple dont have a clue about psychology. Dont get me wrong. thats not a bad thing. I wish I could just throw all that knowledge away. its more of a curse then its useful. But if so then simple ****. Most ppl dont even know why I am writing stuff and how I actually came to those thoughts tho its actually quite simple.

you might think merchants are not forcing anyone to buy their stuffs but thats only half true. Some of them might not realize it...but the majority of ppl will trust anyone...especially in MMOs. That trust gets lowered over time...but if you cath some nubs...then you surely imply that trust just with the fact that you are offering/selling that stuff in public.

Some ppl use that on purpose. They even make anyone believe that they are just dumb and didnt know the prices and other excuses like that.

The only difference there is between merchanting and scamming is that you, as a scammer, would fight for gaining the trust in order to abuse it and as a merchant you use the basic trust thats alrdy there.

@Some of my favourite flamers: If you dont believe me look up some psychology lecture. you might look cool in the eyes of unknowing ppl...but you are just morons in mine. if you would at least prepare for the flame instead of just spouting out your first thoughts....man. Do I even have to teach you guys how to properly flame? xD

PS: Just as a serious warning...this is no joke. If you really look deeper into human Psychology then make sure to not go beyond certain borders...there are things you just dont wanna realize...trust me (ya as if you would :p)...but well if you would come this far...we could actually start talking (: but for your own good...dont.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • qwertykif
    qwertykif Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't redeem O'maley blessing, when i try to get it it said that i dont have a character on PWI. Any tips? Any ideea's ?
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    qwertykif wrote: »
    I can't redeem O'maley blessing, when i try to get it it said that i dont have a character on PWI. Any tips? Any ideea's ?

Check sticky topic: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1674241
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• qwertykif
    edited April 2014

i did download ARC , i did log in , stil the same thing ''you dont hvae a character on PWI''
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    i did download ARC , i did log in , stil the same thing ''you dont hvae a character on PWI''

If you DID check link that I posted you, you would realize that many people have same problem as you. So go back to that topic and make reply with:

Character:
    Server:

And short explanation whats your problem.

P.S. this is completely wrong topic for this problem, so please stop answering here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• qwertykif
    edited April 2014

i had it last week but now... i dont know what hapent
  • trands
    edited April 2014
    Good Point...tho you're just scratching the surface here.

Yeah of course. I won't go giving a detailed study on the subject on a game forum. What you said was relating to business law using a specific legal infraction, and it was inappropriate (at least for most countries). Making a study on how to implement business law and marketing into the player run economy of a multicultural MMO is fun for sure, but that would go a bit overboard. I won't go study the ToS or make a 50 page report to reply here b:laugh

My main point is simple : It's not a black and white scenario. While the scammed/**** person sure is to blame him/herself, it's still the scammer/hacker that is the author of an obviously immoral scheme. Being dumb or naive is a flaw, but it's not a crime.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    trands wrote: »
    Yeah of course. I won't go giving a detailed study on the subject on a game forum. What you said was relating to business law using a specific legal infraction, and it was inappropriate (at least for most countries). Making a study on how to implement business law and marketing into the player run economy of a multicultural MMO is fun for sure, but that would go a bit overboard. I won't go study the ToS or make a 50 page report to reply here b:laugh

My main point is simple : It's not a black and white scenario. While the scammed/**** person sure is to blame him/herself, it's still the scammer/hacker that is the author of an obviously immoral scheme. Being dumb or naive is a flaw, but it's not a crime.

Thank you. I'm actually not only talking to braindead ppl (: thx alot ^.^

And I couldnt agree with you more. Ofc its not right to missuse anyones trust or w/e. Scammer are scum, nothing more, nothing less and ya it could go a bit overboard and all...but some...err all big companies out there are nothign more then a bunch of scammers out of a billion reasons. but ya. we are supposed to be entertained in games like this. Actually its the best thing if you can just turn your head off for a while and simply relaxe while slaying some mobs...ppl like those scammers that force others to think and all are doing more dmg to the ppl then just on a material basis.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited April 2014
    Thank you. I'm actually not only talking to braindead ppl (: thx alot ^.^

And I couldnt agree with you more. Ofc its not right to missuse anyones trust or w/e. Scammer are scum, nothing more, nothing less and ya it could go a bit overboard and all...but some...err all big companies out there are nothign more then a bunch of scammers out of a billion reasons. but ya. we are supposed to be entertained in games like this. Actually its the best thing if you can just turn your head off for a while and simply relaxe while slaying some mobs...ppl like those scammers that force others to think and all are doing more dmg to the ppl then just on a material basis.

you could type 3 pages of "wisdom and knowledge" and it would still be claims and facts that you read or heard somewhere only. i havent seen a single detailed explanation coming form you ever, yet all you do is accusing your "flamers" of not having valid arguments.

newsflash, those people dont intend to "flame" you, they just want you to shut your face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    you could type 3 pages of "wisdom and knowledge" and it would still be claims and facts that you read or heard somewhere only. i havent seen a single detailed explanation coming form you ever, yet all you do is accusing your "flamers" of not having valid arguments.

newsflash, those people dont intend to "flame" you, they just want you to shut your face.

I already tried to explain stuff in detail. But its no use. You have your static way of thinking and it doesnt matter what I say. Ofc I could write a book about the way I think and see things. But seriously. Everything I say doesnt come from studies. That comes from opening your eyes and just listen to the world around you. So theres no need to say anything because anyone that pays attention could come to the same conclusions as I do.

BTW: I'm not saying that I'm perfect. I am not. And I am the least one that refuses to change its mind when I get good arguments. But if there are no argues then nothing can change my mind...right? I'm always open for any kind of talking.

Ofc I cannot prove that my view is right. How could I xDD? If 1 bil ppl say I'm wrong even tho I might be right, then *** it I'm wrong. Nothing I could do about it + it's better to not know some stuff.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • trands
    edited April 2014
    Ofc I cannot prove that my view is right. How could I xDD? If 1 bil ppl say I'm wrong even tho I might be right, then *** it I'm wrong. Nothing I could do about it + it's better to not know some stuff.

From who is the following quote:
    It's not because you're many to be wrong, that you are right.

If you find it, I'll send you a cookie after work b:cute
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    it is surprising how people still blame the victims. u dont have to blame them, they blame themself already. the next question is actually how pwi handle this situation. how pwi do fast reaction and makes the scammer not comeback.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    wow did i read somewhere Joe comparing merchanting to keylog+hacking accounts? xD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • moonbladez87
    moonbladez87 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    here my scam please insert -account name- and -password- please and thank ypu, i'll leave you with a surprise if can have your infob:laugh but seriously if people read and followed the tos scammers would have a hard time.
    1) don't share accounts, I cant count how many times husbands and wifes/BF/GF/Partners do this. Factions do it alot too, hell when i was in a "Fam-insert letter "D"-amily" our leader left the game and gave their info to director and the director would use the old leader's bm and mystic. did pwi ever do anything ....no of course not.
    2) Don't go to sites claiming to have free shiny poo. that is a no brainer i would think.
    3)if you decide to play on an unofficail pwi game i,e private server, please common sense says to use different email to make an account there, along with different username and password than the one used here on official Perfect World game. also beware of factions that have sites, 99% are safe but when joining a faction that has a faction site, please use different emeail than the one used for your ingame account.
    4)it is against the rules to use botting software/refining software/**** of kinds, this was not just to prevent hackers/botters from taking up space where i normal player would but again 3rd party software could be gathering your info, maybe it has a keylogger that is invisible who knows.
    5) I have followed all the advice and rules pwi laid down years ago, and i mean years, been here since beta, and never have i had my account stripped/****/or whatever others have. I also don't share accounts with friends and faction members.
    Also if you are **** or scammed good luck getting attention from pwi staff, but if you want to know how to get pwi staff to actualy do their job, charge some zen, any amount that way you can say your cash player, otherwise if your like when **** happens, they look at zen history and see i never put money in so they won't help me b/c im not a costumer. free to play but pay to win/get a response from the horrid lazy staff of pwi.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    wow did i read somewhere Joe comparing merchanting to keylog+hacking accounts? xD

Oh no no no xD I would never do that! Actual Hacking is the worst thing. And the victims are real victims then because you dont agree to anything or provide your account data to anything.

But we never had actual hacking here on PWI so that doesnt count. If you mean Scamming. Yes that has some things in common with merchanting. Like I said the basis of trust and the way its gained differ and ofc the profit you gain from it =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • deratizator
    deratizator Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    umm on archosaur last weeks started mass attempts to trade characters..that wasnt there before..or at least not that much. But scammers were there all the time...but thanks i will be more carefull now :)