veno purge D:

Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Ok so I thinking it over and I found that the veno skill purge is becoming more useless as time passes. Purge said it removes "all" positive effects. It doesnt say some or a lot it says removes "all" buffs. It seems like all new buffs aren't purgeable. We can purge like what 2 psychic buffs? We can't purge any life saving skills that basically make u have to kill a person twice(assassin, Cleric, barb) we can't purge tidal. We can't purge blazing barrier. We can't purge a lot of things which means it is not a fully functional skill which also means it needs to be updated. Also with the addition of buff pots it's pretty much useless to purge people in non mass pvp because they will simply fully rebuff themselves right after they are purged which makes it quite useless a lot of the time. So I say at least give buff pots longer cd or not make it so people can rebuff while in "battle" mode.
Post edited by Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok so I thinking it over and I found that the veno skill purge is becoming more useless as time passes. Purge said it removes "all" positive effects. It doesnt say some or a lot it says removes "all" buffs. It seems like all new buffs aren't purgeable. We can purge like what 2 psychic buffs? We can't purge any life saving skills that basically make u have to kill a person twice(assassin, Cleric, barb) we can't purge tidal. We can't purge blazing barrier. We can't purge a lot of things which means it is not a fully functional skill which also means it needs to be updated. Also with the addition of buff pots it's pretty much useless to purge people in non mass pvp because they will simply fully rebuff themselves right after they are purged which makes it quite useless a lot of the time. So I say at least give buff pots longer cd or not make it so people can rebuff while in "battle" mode.

Purify has the same problem now. New Barb/BM paralyze skill? Can't be purified. Despite purify says "removes *ALL* negative status effects." Some mystic/phsyic debuffs... can't be purified either. It's like new skills can simply ignore the old rules.
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Purify has the same problem now. New Barb/BM paralyze skill? Can't be purified. Despite purify says "removes *ALL* negative status effects." Some mystic/phsyic debuffs... can't be purified either. It's like new skills can simply ignore the old rules.

So true. Antistuns ignore movement impairing effects but the new paralyze ignores that rule and stuns u anyway. Paralyze isn't needed. If we needed purify for stun why would they add a non purifiable stun which defeats the purpose of purify. Also bm having a 7.5second paralyze with only 15sec cd is just ridiculous.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By that logic you should be able to purge true/fox form too. And psychic buffs that have a cooldown of 10 minutes. Errr ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Evangile - Dreamweaver
    Evangile - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    By that logic you should be able to purge true/fox form too. And psychic buffs that have a cooldown of 10 minutes. Errr ...

+1...........
    I'd get mad if as a sin deaden could be purged.. ijs, the skill is there for a reason. #Squishy
    Same goes for psychics, their pdefence unless having way high end gear and physical ornaments is ****. Their skills are there to counter other classes. Every class has it's pro's and con's, we've learned to deal with it so far, even though I don't agree with the length and cooldown of paralyze either.
    #DemonIronwoodChanceToOneShotEveryClass
    I'm fine with how things are, purge is still annoying and makes it able to take high end geared people down within a few seconds..
    Time to nut up, or shut up. -Tallahasse b:shocked
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I say at least give buff pots longer cd or not make it so people can rebuff while in "battle" mode.

Let's see, venos cooldown on purge:
    ●Purge Cooldown 30 seconds.
    ○Purge Cooldown 25 seconds.
    VERSUS
    Apoth (Including buff pots) Cooldown 2 minutes (Buff pot included here)

The numbers speak itself, wtf are u talking about? xD
    Every class has it's pro's and con's, we've learned to deal with it so far, ..

+1
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Plus another reason why the paralyze/freeze affect from barbs is unpurifyable was to counter the casters r9s3 affect of purify spell which made alot of casters with it unkillable and unable to be held by any control skills. So the only solution to the purify spell weapon proc is to add something that cant be purified such as the bms/barbs freeze affect. So unless pw decides to remove everything that has made the game broken up to this point, it'll only get worse.

PW would have to remove the 3 weap procs on the r9s3 weapons.

GOF- god of frenzy
    Spirit Blackhole
    and Purify Spell

Plus the insane amounts of atk and def lvl gems along with the high refines, otherwise we'd be looking for a severe nerf to all those to make em alot more balanced which the responce i'll be gettin regarding this is that pw wont do it cause it makes em money. So the question is:

Can pw sacrifice their greed to make a game more balanced or will they forget a balanced game in order to get alot more greedy?
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You'll get used to it. Quid Pro Quo used to be able to remove and deflect every debuff until they nerfed it slightly and HP degrading debuffs are no longer removed with it, for example.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Purge is OP enough already.

It does remove spark, cleric and barb buffs and that renders the enemy very vulnerable.

Now, Assassins are meant to kill venos so don't QQ about your inability to bypass one of his buffs.

Also, you cant use spirit of atk and defense right away, you need to wait 2 minutes between each and that will make all your apo unavailable.

I still think your troll attempt is fail.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i said nerf venos to the ground. antifunclass
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok so I thinking it over and I found that the veno skill purge is becoming more useless as time passes. Purge said it removes "all" positive effects. It doesnt say some or a lot it says removes "all" buffs. It seems like all new buffs aren't purgeable.

We can purge like what 2 psychic buffs?

>Two buffs
    Voodoos, Tide Spirit, Bubble of Life's healing effect, Psychic Will

We can't purge any life saving skills that basically make u have to kill a person twice(assassin, Cleric, barb) we can't purge tidal. We can't purge blazing barrier.

Of course there should exist skills that cannot be purged. Look at their cooldown/cost compared to Purge itself and ask if it'd be fair for those skills to be so easily removed.

We can't purge a lot of things which means it is not a fully functional skill which also means it needs to be updated.

Its fine as is, though having Tidal block it is questionable since it shouldn't be considered a "status effect" imo

Also with the addition of buff pots it's pretty much useless to purge people in non mass pvp because they will simply fully rebuff themselves right after they are purged which makes it quite useless a lot of the time.

In mass PvP, chances are you're purging something that's getting focus fired. Who's to say between using their apoth/genie to survive the onslaught, they'll have time to get rebuffed? Unless you're just throwing it on a random target who's not being occupied...

Even in 1v1/ small scale PvP, Purge still puts you at an advantage of forcing them to rebuff/use Apoth by cutting their survivability (or attack power with PAttack/MAttack buffs going poof) in general

Your QQ is of the lowest quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are some venos who will even purge you with no reason at all, just to make you lose your so hard to attain buffs.

That's main reason why on Dreamweavver theres a 'MEME': "KOS Venos"
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok, regard this i issue (or at least related to it), i have a nab doubt.

Sometimes i noticed on nw some venos trying to purge a sin and the sin does not get purged, and i dont mean tidal or any of the sin self buffs.

Lets say sin with his buff + cleric buffs + barb buff + veno buff + wizy buff + mystic buff, etc, etc...

I remember a particular situation in wich there was like 5 or 6 venos plus an rrr9 archer trying to purge this guy. first attempt sin use genie skill or poth so it was saved by that, second attempt he just sparked and killed the veno, so those 2 times doesnt count, however when a 3rd veno uses purge on him nothing happen and another and another.. b:laugh so thats my question.

I know that tidal gives some evasion against negative status effects, but technically purge is not a negative status effect.

description:

Tidal(lvl 10): Call upon the Power of the tides to protect you from your foes. Increase your chance to resist negative status effects by 40% for 48 seconds.

Sage and demon increase the %

Purge:Dispel an enemy protective magic removing all positive status effects.

Also guys dont take this as QQ post, this is just a doubt i have, i mean im not even a veno lol.

For those saying use search function blablabla, i did and this is what i found

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=744952

however this does not answer my doubt since it mostly talks about tidal being nonpurgeable.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As a veno- i think purge is ok the way it is.
    Its only fair that there is something which u cant purge.

Of course there r some OP ppl who dont go down even with purge.
    I notice it mostly at NW when its 1 OP player vs 10 players and...that 1 op player not dying even if being purge.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. New paralyze should probably be resisted by anti-stun. Not purifiable though. It was made to combat puri proc, after all, and having it able to be purified defeats the purpose.

2. Tidal probably shouldn't block purge.

3. Everything else should remain unpurgable. Psy SoV+SoS should be turned into self-buffs though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That would take a lot of nerfing.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Originally Posted by Cantabrum - Archosaur View Post
    That would take a lot of nerfing.

before nerfiing venos rest of the classes need to be nerfed 1st
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Here we go again, a veno complaining about something.

Purge sucks? Are you kidding me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    yes letscry about damn furrys transforming people into cute fluffy birds and squirrls b:angry
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014

True form and fox form are actually not buffs. They do improve some stats obviously but this is not without sacrifice in the form of the inability to use some skills and notice that form transformations do not come with HP buff or Pdef buff icons. Different mechanic.

Technically, however, a veno can dispel someone from a changed form by turning them into a puffbird.

I'll have to agree a little bit with OP. Purge does have a diminishing usefulness but this was started since stupid OP fish were released. Many noobs just think this is how it should be (namely, people who play said newer classes) and others have simply gotten used to the broken mechanics. Newly introduced skills should have never been given the ability to break old mechanics in the first place. It has never lead to anything but more imbalance and counter-imbalance consequently. The circle continues as we see things like this new paralyze.

Why everyone seems to agree that paralyze shouldn't break rules yet thinks their own buffs should break the rule of purge kind of puzzles me. It's hypocritical. No, sins are not squishy enough on equal gear terms to warrant several free unpurgeable cop-outs. These buffs are broken.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Ok so I thinking it over and I found that the veno skill purge is becoming more useless as time passes.

b:shocked Purge is still 1 of the most powerfull things around when it comes to group pvp. Maybe in 1vs1 it's more limited as you don't have it coupled with instant hit like archers, but saying purge is anything close to worthless is just shocking.

The buffs that can't be purged are mainly the psychic buffs and that's because they last the time of their cd. Make them purgeable, that will be completely hax on their cd. Reduce their cd and the psychic will buff whole faction with soul of silence for TW.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The only things that can kill a rampaging wizard or veno are purge and/or weapon disable.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Plus another reason why the paralyze/freeze affect from barbs is unpurifyable was to counter the casters r9s3 affect of purify spell which made alot of casters with it unkillable and unable to be held by any control skills. So the only solution to the purify spell weapon proc is to add something that cant be purified such as the bms/barbs freeze affect. So unless pw decides to remove everything that has made the game broken up to this point, it'll only get worse.

PW would have to remove the 3 weap procs on the r9s3 weapons.

GOF- god of frenzy
    Spirit Blackhole
    and Purify Spell

Plus the insane amounts of atk and def lvl gems along with the high refines, otherwise we'd be looking for a severe nerf to all those to make em alot more balanced which the responce i'll be gettin regarding this is that pw wont do it cause it makes em money. So the question is:

Can pw sacrifice their greed to make a game more balanced or will they forget a balanced game in order to get alot more greedy?

This!

Paralyze is there for a reason. I'm fine if they remove it and simply remove the purify Spell with it so casters will be doomed forever. Lets be serious here. On End game. Any caster without purify Spell would be chanceless against barbs, bms, sins, archer and seeker. You just get locked up and die. Thats why they made the purify Spell. But things gotten out of hand with it so they made paralyze.

It is great to have a Control Skill that cant be avoided. That way you really have to look out for your combos and all. all that ppl are complaining about is that they dont have an easy time anymore. like really. does this community really only consists of morons?

Whats the point in having a huge advantage over another one and then being proud to be victorious. thats a pretty twisted image of pride and honourful fighting.

PPL should stop complaining and take the game as a fun one. Everyone acts like this is serious business here. Being all proud because they one-shotting low geared ppl all day long. I would say they are pathetic but w/e.

The point is. If you guys cant adapt to game changes then you might as well stop your whining because its most likely and error on your end. give it your all and you can switch things to your favour ingame. think of some strategies and use them or is everyone so afraid of dying that they wont even try?

BTT: The main purge problem is that everyone is so fixed on being buffed. seriously. ppl seem to be unable to rely on their own classes strenght and abilities. Some ppl even refuse to fight me self buffed only. And ya its easy to say as a veno which got a 100% chance purge every 25/30 seconds compared to a barb. You manage to get them purged and they just rebuff themselves.

Its not about who plays his class best endgame-wise. its about who got more buff pots and the better purge. Without then ppl would be forced to play alot more defensive to survive and I really would like that. I mean. if you are maxed out gear-wise and you are fighting against someone that cant purge you and you are buffed on top of that...wtf...how unfair is that? (especially maxed seeker, so annoying)

TBH: Most ppl that are so proud of themselves would get owned massivly in PvP if they would just try to fight self buffed only because seriously. if you can win over someone buffed and lose while being self buffed only then you certainly dont deserve to be victorious at all and dont know how to play. period.

PvP once was a gamble between offensive and defensive moves. nowadays ppl dont need to play defensive anymore due to buffs. I will always refuse using buffs in PvP (1on1) even if I lose then. At least I'm not a moron like all the others and know the meaning of the word pride.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This!

Paralyze is there for a reason. I'm fine if they remove it and simply remove the purify Spell with it so casters will be doomed forever. Lets be serious here. On End game. Any caster without purify Spell would be chanceless against barbs, bms, sins, archer and seeker. You just get locked up and die. Thats why they made the purify Spell. But things gotten out of hand with it so they made paralyze.

It is great to have a Control Skill that cant be avoided. That way you really have to look out for your combos and all. all that ppl are complaining about is that they dont have an easy time anymore. like really. does this community really only consists of morons?

Whats the point in having a huge advantage over another one and then being proud to be victorious. thats a pretty twisted image of pride and honourful fighting.

PPL should stop complaining and take the game as a fun one. Everyone acts like this is serious business here. Being all proud because they one-shotting low geared ppl all day long. I would say they are pathetic but w/e.

The point is. If you guys cant adapt to game changes then you might as well stop your whining because its most likely and error on your end. give it your all and you can switch things to your favour ingame. think of some strategies and use them or is everyone so afraid of dying that they wont even try?

BTT: The main purge problem is that everyone is so fixed on being buffed. seriously. ppl seem to be unable to rely on their own classes strenght and abilities. Some ppl even refuse to fight me self buffed only. And ya its easy to say as a veno which got a 100% chance purge every 25/30 seconds compared to a barb. You manage to get them purged and they just rebuff themselves.

Its not about who plays his class best endgame-wise. its about who got more buff pots and the better purge. Without then ppl would be forced to play alot more defensive to survive and I really would like that. I mean. if you are maxed out gear-wise and you are fighting against someone that cant purge you and you are buffed on top of that...wtf...how unfair is that? (especially maxed seeker, so annoying)

TBH: Most ppl that are so proud of themselves would get owned massivly in PvP if they would just try to fight self buffed only because seriously. if you can win over someone buffed and lose while being self buffed only then you certainly dont deserve to be victorious at all and dont know how to play. period.

PvP once was a gamble between offensive and defensive moves. nowadays ppl dont need to play defensive anymore due to buffs. I will always refuse using buffs in PvP (1on1) even if I lose then. At least I'm not a moron like all the others and know the meaning of the word pride.

Joe
    i fight regularly in mass pvp on self buffs w\o having the chance to purge despite all other classes can do it somehow, and its ok

assassin class got broken buffed last patch that you cant actually 1on1 them at endgame and its ok

bms barbs and venos got an uncounterable stun and its ok

but

remove purify when half of classes can stunlock-loop the other half of the classes that dont have an antistun?

makes sense b:shutup

the game is what it is, sucks for the current unbalance @ endgame (only class you cant purge its the one with the biggest hits), but one day they will fix it up hopefully
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Paralyze is there for a reason.

Whenever I see a cleric QQ about cc that can't be purified, I always tell them it would be great to have GS able to be purified. That skill is way more hax and annoying then the barb/bm paralyze b:laugh
    PPL should stop complaining and take the game as a fun one. Everyone acts like this is serious business here.

For some the complaining and flaming part is the fun one. Considering the wc after NW, you also get into that b:laugh Hint to your hate vs group pvp. It's also as serious as you take the others.

This is also your love for 1vs1. I agree that 1vs1 full buffed is a bit silly. However, in group pvp buffs bring another dimention that I like. Buffs make group pvp more on playing to gather with a squad, rather then making it a multitude of 1vs1. Group pvp where everyone is only selfbuffed makes kills just to easy. In group pvp, purging gets others out of their base buffs, forcing apo use, gets their squad mates to spend time rebuffing and often gets your side a kill.
    For both, I think it's a pitty that buff pills were implemented. It made buffs a given for 1vs1 and favors soloing where it should have been about grouping and adapt your play to the classes you got.

For me this comes down to the same thing as in the other thread : 1vs1 dominates everything on forums. I can also QQ all day about my stun costing to much chi considering in 1vs1 there is no gain in it being an aoe. Same for sandburst having a worthless add in 1vs1.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It still plays a big role in PvP but I'm going to be curious how it's affected when people with leveled card sets (and potentially a few reawakened ones) will pop up. The cards can't be purged or disabled. I doubt it's going to lose it's usefulness though. However, perhaps they should update the skill description or something, it is a little inaccurate at this point.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Joe
    i fight regularly in mass pvp on self buffs w\o having the chance to purge despite all other classes can do it somehow, and its ok

assassin class got broken buffed last patch that you cant actually 1on1 them at endgame and its ok

bms barbs and venos got an uncounterable stun and its ok

but

remove purify when half of classes can stunlock-loop the other half of the classes that dont have an antistun?

makes sense b:shutup

the game is what it is, sucks for the current unbalance @ endgame (only class you cant purge its the one with the biggest hits), but one day they will fix it up hopefully

I would gladly give up GOF & the new paralyze effect for primal, IF they would remove the purify proc.

The stunlock fear is only... valid from those who can manage to survive the ganks/attacks from one single person, and the same can and has been said about the purify proc, (the bit about surviving the ganks... if a caster can do that, the purify proc gets downright out of control/oped.)

However when you factor in the harder hits of a caster/ranger, as well as their own select few control skills you all should be stun-lockable. (I know for a fact that some casters/all archers have RANGED slows/seals/and even stuns/sleep/immobilize all of which can be ridiculously hard avoiding while in mass pvp... especially those harder hits.) Also not to mention/forget their ability to attack at a distance, anywhere, anytime, I realize that... that is of course is almost a non factor in a 1 on 1, but while in mass pvp, it is quite the useful tool for taking down people/keeping them away from you. Also one more thing, the fact that stunlocking takes an obscene amount of chi to pull off means that it is hard to keep one going enough to actually kill the casters who have insane defenses/the purify proc, now of course people have found ways to make that fact that it takes a insane amount of chi.. less of an issue, but it still remains an issue for many bms. (Sins/barbs... well yea sins have their haxed *** chi gain, and barbs have that chiless paralyze >chance< skill, plus both have an insanely easier time closing distances in mass pvp than bm's do. not QQing, here, just pointing out a fact])

Genies, and apos, really did more than enough to allow casters ample time to get away from 1 or 2 people stunning them, possibly allowing the caster to pwn the snot out of the melee, or lock them down someway enough for them to get away from the meleer, hell with the defenses that some of the end game casters had, most can easily outtank the stun lock enough to just catch a bit of a lucky break on a miss/lack of chi/small lag spike allowing them to pwn the melee/otherwise get away. (Now do NOT get me wrong I am fully aware that not all melees are going to go down that easily/be that easy to survive; however, there are still plenty of options before the purify proc became mainstream to get out of/prevent a stun lock.

BTT: As it has been mentioned already, there are a few other skills that imply they remove/prevent all damage, but do not act as described. (Invoke is a good example, there are quite a few skills these days that ignore the fact that invoke says: "prevents 90% of all incoming damage for the next 20 seconds")
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    I would gladly give up GOF & the new paralyze effect for primal, IF they would remove the purify proc.

The stunlock fear is only... valid from those who can manage to survive the ganks/attacks from one single person, and the same can and has been said about the purify proc, (the bit about surviving the ganks... if a caster can do that, the purify proc gets downright out of control/oped.)

However when you factor in the harder hits of a caster/ranger, as well as their own select few control skills you all should be stun-lockable. (I know for a fact that some casters/all archers have RANGED slows/seals/and even stuns/sleep/immobilize all of which can be ridiculously hard avoiding while in mass pvp... especially those harder hits.) Also not to mention/forget their ability to attack at a distance, anywhere, anytime, I realize that... that is of course is almost a non factor in a 1 on 1, but while in mass pvp, it is quite the useful tool for taking down people/keeping them away from you. Also one more thing, the fact that stunlocking takes an obscene amount of chi to pull off means that it is hard to keep one going enough to actually kill the casters who have insane defenses/the purify proc, now of course people have found ways to make that fact that it takes a insane amount of chi.. less of an issue, but it still remains an issue for many bms. (Sins/barbs... well yea sins have their haxed *** chi gain, and barbs have that chiless paralyze >chance< skill, plus both have an insanely easier time closing distances in mass pvp than bm's do. not QQing, here, just pointing out a fact])

Genies, and apos, really did more than enough to allow casters ample time to get away from 1 or 2 people stunning them, possibly allowing the caster to pwn the snot out of the melee, or lock them down someway enough for them to get away from the meleer, hell with the defenses that some of the end game casters had, most can easily outtank the stun lock enough to just catch a bit of a lucky break on a miss/lack of chi/small lag spike allowing them to pwn the melee/otherwise get away. (Now do NOT get me wrong I am fully aware that not all melees are going to go down that easily/be that easy to survive; however, there are still plenty of options before the purify proc became mainstream to get out of/prevent a stun lock.

BTT: As it has been mentioned already, there are a few other skills that imply they remove/prevent all damage, but do not act as described. (Invoke is a good example, there are quite a few skills these days that ignore the fact that invoke says: "prevents 90% of all incoming damage for the next 20 seconds")

They dont really need to remove the purif effect entirely. I and alot more ppl think that it would be the best to just remove the speed gain or push it down to ~50-75%. 200% aka HolyPath like is too much. Still they could get outta locks and all but could just jump aroun das they please that easily.

Anyone always says Barbs are OP because we can tank nearly all dmg. But Barbs cannot jump around and run around like crazy like caster can with Purify proc aso. barbs are so easy to kite and to get their charms *****. Ofc its hard to kill a Barb and stuff but its also hard for a Barb to land a kill. xDD just imagine a combined weap proc on Barbs. GOF + purify Spell. Now that would be broken.

My point is (above was just an example): Purify Spell is strong and gives caster a huge advantage...but! It is not that OP.If anyone has a hard time killing a caster due to Purify and stuff then they wouldnt be able to beat them even without purify proc cept for sins and maybe BMs due to their massive CC ensemble.

TBH at first they would need to fix the Cooldown of some skills. And No. The barb paralyze is not that OP. It's only a 60% chance and lasts only 3/4 seconds unlike the BM one which is really OP imo but the dmg Output from bms is alot lower then the one from barbs.

In the end, this is all theory. It depends on your own abilitie to play. Anyone can adapt to this and plan counterstrategies of any kind if neccesary.

After all with unavoidable lock skills ppl need to focus while fighting. They need to know how to play and stop relying on their former advantages that much. It's for the better imho.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    today on nw a barb run up to me and spam that paralyze thing while my tidal were oncooldown but surprisly it onlylanded 1 out of 6 tries or somenthing idk if it was luck or what :o
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They dont really need to remove the purif effect entirely. I and alot more ppl think that it would be the best to just remove the speed gain or push it down to ~50-75%. 200% aka HolyPath like is too much. Still they could get outta locks and all but could just jump aroun das they please that easily.

Anyone always says Barbs are OP because we can tank nearly all dmg. But Barbs cannot jump around and run around like crazy like caster can with Purify proc aso. barbs are so easy to kite and to get their charms *****. Ofc its hard to kill a Barb and stuff but its also hard for a Barb to land a kill. xDD just imagine a combined weap proc on Barbs. GOF + purify Spell. Now that would be broken.

My point is (above was just an example): Purify Spell is strong and gives caster a huge advantage...but! It is not that OP.If anyone has a hard time killing a caster due to Purify and stuff then they wouldnt be able to beat them even without purify proc cept for sins and maybe BMs due to their massive CC ensemble.

TBH at first they would need to fix the Cooldown of some skills. And No. The barb paralyze is not that OP. It's only a 60% chance and lasts only 3/4 seconds unlike the BM one which is really OP imo but the dmg Output from bms is alot lower then the one from barbs.

In the end, this is all theory. It depends on your own abilitie to play. Anyone can adapt to this and plan counterstrategies of any kind if neccesary.

After all with unavoidable lock skills ppl need to focus while fighting. They need to know how to play and stop relying on their former advantages that much. It's for the better imho.

Maybe its because you are on a barb... but I think it should only purify, prevent debuffs for a short time. I am pretty sure what I am about to say was already said in that epic long post about the purify proc being broken but still: a. When casters are easily soloing 20 vs 1 there is clearly something wrong... now of course it would be understandable if they SEVERELY out geared the 20, but since they only need to survive a little most endgame casters can do that with an extraordinary amount of ease. 2: it removes the stuns AND it even removes the debuffs we may have applied to caster... basically killing all the supporting that a bm did to one... wtf kind of **** is that? Especially when its so easy to tank a bms damage even when they manage to make it within range and have the chi to hf/stunlock.

Furthermore, the bms paralyze skill at least has a noticeable need for chi, they are also far easier to take down than barbs are... it also has a far more reasonable cooldown... it is indeed easier to kite from a barb to an extent but since you all can absorb a lot of damage you all can stay in the frey far longer.

Either way this really isnt the place to debate this no matter how calm/even how valid our points MAY be/or how respectful we may remain while discussing that part of the "balance" (using it loosely) of the game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Ugh so many typos.. and hard to fix on this phone of mine xd my apologies for double post/all the typos ill fix tomorrow when I get the chance on my desktop.

Nah its ok xDD

But it breaks down just to the speed you see (:

The problem that makes caster so unfair in NW is that they are nearly unstoppable with the speed increase. If you cut that out...then ofc its harder to lock them up and all. but you can still attack them cuz they only have one apo to use while carrying the flag and seriously. you could be maxed out gear-wise. if you move 5m/s while 10 or more full r9r3 are hitting on you. you die. instantly. if you cant run away. The solution to the Purify problem would have always been the remove of the speed increase.

Running away is the cowards way anyways =P oh way too many ways here =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476