End game...

Options
SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Assassin
So it's time to start farming for r9 and my new end game gear since aps is no long the way to go.

Current build is pure dex, only 3 vit and about 90 str or so (with gear I hit the 104 I need for armor) over 500 dex b:dirty

As far as gear r8 top, g15 hat, g15 pants, tt99 arms and boots, tt99 belt and neck, frost ring, r8 ring, lunar cape, and dex tome (no int). Weapon of choice +7 g16 with 0.05 int. (pretty much your typical aps build 2.86 unspark). I don't miss being 5aps (With g13s) since I kill things faster right now.

Anyway I used to enjoy pvp but due to the huge gap between r9rr and everything else is no longer fun for me and it's been months since I ran around white name or better yet red. The truth is I don't stand a chance anymore and skill is nothing if I can't take a hit or can't deal enough damage to make them say oh ****.

So... R9 is the only answer... Anyone in Dreamweaver wanna give me an estimate in coins how much it would cost to get r9? (when on sale)

Also I have badges and mold for r9rr daggers in my bank but anyone wanna break the cost down for me to get it there.

Also full rank 9rr would be the best way to go. But I'm sure price is crazy so what pieces do you guys think I should get first?

I noticed even the ring is different too so I need the r9rr for dummies guide please lol

I'm thinking daggers, chest and boots first. In the mean time upgrade bracers to g15 and replace dex tome with an int tome. What do you guys think about neck and belt and last but not least how should I shard the damn things. Def, atk, vit, hp, mag Def?

Thanks In advance.

GRIM

Ps: I may need to restat to equip r9 gear if I change my current gear.
101/101/102
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
Post edited by SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Price... eh I'm too lazy to check the current gold -> coin prices in AH but there's been enough threads that give cost in gold for simple math to answer that.

As far as what to get, go for the daggers first (perhaps even get those all the way to third cast), then grab the rest of the base set and work on recasting it. The two most expensive parts of R9 are the base set... and refining/sharding it once you have full third cast. The recasts are dirt cheap in comparison.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    GST 2,5g MOG 10g SWT 15g gold badges
    Ring 32 3 1 125 30
    Plate 14 2 1 70 30
    Leg 14 2 1 70 30
    Boot 14 2 1 70 30
    Arm 14 2 1 70 30
    Belt 32 3 1 125 30
    Weapon 85 5 4 312,5 60

totaal 205 19 10 840 240

All on sale.
    SWT are based on my servers price, they are not bought with gold. But they are not a very big factor so the 840 gold wont be too different for you.

Go to the AH, check the gold price and multiply by 840 if you want to know it in your servers coin.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    *snip*

If your hat isnt highly refined, you might want to g16 it and get a cape. It offers a 700 hp boost for cheap.

Personally i had g16 +10 when i started farming r9rr so i did not do the daggers first. But i recommend it for you.

After that I'd recommend the 4 main armor peices, then the belt.

On DW with current sale prices, I spent around:
    110-120m per armor peice.
    About 630m for the wep.
    176m for the belt.
    158m for the ring.

These are estimates, and reflect the cost when i was making my r9, but prices have risen about 10-15%. SO this will give you a rough idea.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Few things you need to account for before building towards end-game:
    1. Do you like how sins do PvP?
    2. Do you know that getting 2 of your primal skills will cost you close to 500m? (very powerful skills, but insanely rare and expensive)
    3. Have you tried other classes? Watched videos?

You can farm with standard APS gears and without R9 and do quite well. Then you can use that farm to build up another toon is the class you want to play, (unless of course its your sin. then gear sin.)

Notes on some classes:
    • Archer - Powerful damage, good survivability, effective in PvP (+ you can get armor first, increase your survivability but still do lot of damage with G16 bow)
    • Seeker - With good gear (aka R9 since thats what your farming), can farm lunar, but also dish out a lot of damage with great survivability.
    • BM - you can bring him with your sin in TT runs to help with HF. great for TWs and crowd controll / support. but also great damage.
    • Mystic - Insanely tanky + power of pets and plants. very powerful in PvP.
    • Cleric - Arguably the best 1v1 class in the game because of the stack of (debuff, arrays, high dmg skills) + survivability of the shells, and bonus of sage or demon individual buffs. Also, very important in PvP
    • Wizard - Again, strong gear and you can solo Lunars, Very tanky with their shields, which got a really nice buff from Primal. Also probably the hardest individual hitting class (not counting zerks) with powerful AoE wipes. Great in PvP!
    • Barb - Don't know too much about barbs, but I know they are expensive to maintain with Hp charms + repairs. However can be very powerful / effective in PvP depeding on if you want STR or VIT.
    • Veno - probably the most hated class in the game because of purge. very effective in killing people in PvP with purge+bewitch.
    • Psy - Strong damage, again though 1 of their skills is also rare and expensive, thus primal is expensive. Survivability is pretty decent. But a decently geared R9 sin can pop R9 psy pretty easy in PvP. (Tidal FTW)

But, if you still want to do sin, then this is my recommendation:
    1. R9 ring first. (if you refine your rings, just do 1. Because R9 will replace 2nd)
    2. R9 Daggers (A ton more damage, even with less aps, you'll farm a lot faster)
    3. R9 Belt (other expensive piece out of the way, but for any of the remaining R9 pieces, this will boost your survivability the most[without refines], and you don't even have to refine it)
    4. R9 armor (You can make 1 piece at a time, order I recommend: Boots, Chest, Wrists, Pants ; because you loose some aps each time, but return is better on survivability of each piece in that order.)
    5. G16 Helm + Cape (though the HP bonus is nice, they add the least to your survivability / dmg output compared to R9 & you can refine your APS helm and cape to keep you alive longer in farming, so you can still use those until you get the G16 pieces)

What I did was:
    1. R9 ring
    2. R9 weapon
    3. Full G16 Lunar (so i could sell later)
    4. R9 Belt
    5. R9 armor (sold 4 Lunar G16 pieces; not helm and cape)
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    For order to get the r9 armor I disagree with the above. I would go with whatever gives you the best return first. I suggest belt, chest, pants, sleeves, boots. You don't "lose" APS by acquiring additional gear since you can swap in your old gear at any time. You can still APS farm very well with r9 belt swapped for the tt99 one. If you are PKing you are going to have chill of the deep on so interval won't make much difference.

If you already have raps/crannies for summer wind tokens then I would start making seals of war for r9 recast ring. It will take a while to farm all 5430 supply tokens needed to make it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thanks a ton for the advice guys and girls XD, I'm on my phone so I'm sorry to keep reply short.

Helm is +7 currently I do have the mold for g16. I also have the mold for the Cape too. Just need to farm the mats to make the Cape. I was wondering why many r9 sins had both of these pieces but I never put 2 and 2 together to see the hp bonus.

As far as aps goes I really don't miss it. Or don't mind the drop. Believe it or not I have a 2nd sin I use to farm some things and I do run bhs without any aps and I still enjoy it. Besides is like you guys said is not like I'm trashing my aps set.

As to if I really want to r9 my sin and not any of my other 100+ toons? The answer is yes. I have tried every class. And as much as I enjoy my other alts I still prefer my sin. My reborn g16 seeker is pretty awesome but doesn't hold a candle to my sin. He is just so much more fun to play in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a bad toon just my personal preference I like the sin better.

As to pvp... I do enjoy it. Well I used to. Before everyone and their grandmother's went with r9. Back in the good old days when I started to play this game there was no such thing. And the playing field was a lot more even. Unfortunately now to even practice with friends I need r9 too since I get 1 to 2 hit. And when I hit it's like a lol 20 mob is attacking a lvl 100 player. In other words, a joke. I don't mind staring over since I enjoy my sin... I can get r9 now and maybe in a few months have it well sharded and refined to try to go toe to toe with our server's finest. Since let's face it... You can't get any good if you don't fight the best. Just tired of being fail LOL
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    For order to get the r9 armor I disagree with the above. I would go with whatever gives you the best return first. I suggest belt, chest, pants, sleeves, boots. You don't "lose" APS by acquiring additional gear since you can swap in your old gear at any time. You can still APS farm very well with r9 belt swapped for the tt99 one. If you are PKing you are going to have chill of the deep on so interval won't make much difference.

If you already have raps/crannies for summer wind tokens then I would start making seals of war for r9 recast ring. It will take a while to farm all 5430 supply tokens needed to make it.

When I said "Lose APS" what i meant was in the current set you have equiped. Since PvP and most dungeons, its more effective to be in R9 gear, when you made 1 piece, you would probably equip it in NW or TW.
    b:chuckle

Thus, I was recommending the order of getting the pieces that would give you the MOST benefit based on comparing Resistances + stat bonus of your current aps gears vs the resistances + stat bonuses of the gear you would be putting in.
    Such as APS pants you have are G15 with nice stats, the difference of them and R9 pants it much smaller then TT99 vs R9.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    When I said "Lose APS" what i meant was in the current set you have equiped. Since PvP and most dungeons, its more effective to be in R9 gear, when you made 1 piece, you would probably equip it in NW or TW.
    b:chuckle

Thus, I was recommending the order of getting the pieces that would give you the MOST benefit based on comparing Resistances + stat bonus of your current aps gears vs the resistances + stat bonuses of the gear you would be putting in.
    Such as APS pants you have are G15 with nice stats, the difference of them and R9 pants it much smaller then TT99 vs R9.

This is wrong. If you are wearing LUNAR g15 then the difference is small. If you are wearing TT g15 then there is a large difference. About 300-500 base resistances.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This is wrong. If you are wearing LUNAR g15 then the difference is small. If you are wearing TT g15 then there is a large difference. About 300-500 base resistances.

Thats correct, the lunar g15 stuff has higer resistances. Example on arms is 385 phy and 600 elemental. The ttg15 is 289 and 485...but it has an added 4% bonus to both physical and elemental resistance so 300.85 phy and 504.4 elem. But i believe it effects not just the armor piece but your totals. I have double check it. If thats the case is better when you have 2 ttg15s pieces. Because its 8% now.

Anyway i got the gst's today.. Ring and weapon... If i wait until next sale i will save 50% on medals or just do it now lol.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Buy medals from catshops or WC.
    It will be a long time before next sale
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Buy medals from catshops or WC.
    It will be a long time before next sale

Yeah im gonna do that today. Thanks
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So last night I did it... Ring and recast weapon. I had used some of my badges to make the g16 helm. So I'm shy for the third recast.

I'm farming the other pieces.. Amazing how expensive this has been.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1 minute of silence for your hard worked money that's been wasted in this game b:avoid
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]