Found ARC-PWI startup solution

craigsmith
craigsmith Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Support Desk
Hey guys,

After about an hour of copying and moving files around in my directory I finally found a quick fix for starting your PWI client without having to re-download PWI in ARC (**** arc!)

I used to run PWI from my "Perfect World International" folder anywhere on my hard drive and it worked, now I've installed Arc to the root of program files (c:\\program files\arc) and copied my old perfect world international folder to this Arc folder.

Then, go to the "perfect world international" folder and change "launcher" to "PWI_en" and inside the folder launch the "launcher". The old client launcher should open and update a few files, once its done the "start" button should light up! Works for me.

BUT, every time you start the game this way pwi changes the folder slightly by adding another folder called "launcher", before starting your game just repeat the above process by renaming it to "PWI_en". I've tested it a few times now and it works. if you dont rename the folder then it'll redirect you to Arc and will ask you to download PWI.

Hope it works. Lemme know
Post edited by craigsmith on

Comments