Cant buy R8 ?

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
I have 300k rep and an R9 ring.
I have never had any lower level rank ring.
I have 22m in my inventory. half empty quest list, half empty inventory.

Now i want to buy an R8 axe. Ti Chien does have the complete list of R8 quests. I click the quest for the axe (or any other part i tried), it tells me what i will get and i click yes. Nothing happens.

I assume it is because i have no R8 ring. But the commander in chief doesnt see any reason to sell me an R8 ring. I am screwed and forced to go the 500 blood way ?
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should still have/be able to obtain the R8 ring as it's not removed when grabbing R9 ring. To get any rank-items you need the corresponding ring to be in your inventory I believe (not 100% sure) so if you still have a quest at Commander-in-chief that gives you a rank 1 ring, keep re-taking that quest untill you have the R8 ring.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yep +10000000000
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    ty, b:surrender
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have 300k rep and an R9 ring.
    I have never had any lower level rank ring.
    I have 22m in my inventory. half empty quest list, half empty inventory.

Now i want to buy an R8 axe. Ti Chien does have the complete list of R8 quests. I click the quest for the axe (or any other part i tried), it tells me what i will get and i click yes. Nothing happens.

I assume it is because i have no R8 ring. But the commander in chief doesnt see any reason to sell me an R8 ring. I am screwed and forced to go the 500 blood way ?

this is the reason players stay away from players like you. DO NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY, period.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Only a few cry babies stay away. It is actually because i can play and they cant. Some people cant seem to handle that and start QQing about APS barbs. Maybe they got hit by a cats fist in their youth or something and are traumatized.
  • zorro20142014
    zorro20142014 Posts: 9
    edited April 2014
    Only a few cry babies stay away. It is actually because i can play and they cant. Some people cant seem to handle that and start QQing about APS barbs. Maybe they got hit by a cats fist in their youth or something and are traumatized.

I highly doubt you CAN play if you went straight to r9.
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2014

i actually think hes probably better than you at playing
    all he did was make an honest mistake like chillax bro
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Not having r8 is... pretty common. Wanna has been around for quite some time and, while I have my own little personal qualms with aps barbs in general, he does know what he's doing.

More than I'd guess you do, based on the sort of assumptions you're making in this thread.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not having r8 is... pretty common. Wanna has been around for quite some time and, while I have my own little personal qualms with aps barbs in general, he does know what he's doing.

More than I'd guess you do, based on the sort of assumptions you're making in this thread.
    Going straight to r9 is a sign that you have too much money and not enough game knowledge, really. A barb is made to soak up damage, not APS things to death. If that was the rout that he wanted to o he should have been BM, or Sin. I'm all for creative playing, but APS isn't creative
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • zorro20142014
    zorro20142014 Posts: 9
    edited April 2014

come on now....... he says he cannot figure out why no r8 available and has been playing long time? now you just made this a qq thread for absolutely no reason when he ALREADY knew the answer.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Going straight to r9 is a sign that you have too much money and not enough game knowledge, really. A barb is made to soak up damage, not APS things to death. If that was the rout that he wanted to o he should have been BM, or Sin. I'm all for creative playing, but APS isn't creative

Nobody said playing an aps barb was creative. Nobody said an aps barb was better at x than y class. Nor is that relevant.

The point is, if he had no need for r8 given his (aps barb) build, there is no reason to get r8 before r9.

You could easily say the same for basically anyone who hit 100 after G16 gear was released. If I hadn't hit 100 on my archer until after g16 came out, I probably wouldn't have ever bothered with r8 because g16 is so much more effective, and then I would've gone straight to r9 without r8 once I could afford it. There is no implication there of how I got the r9 -- farming, csing, whatever -- nor of whether I know how to play. Your argument has no basis.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The point is, if he had no need for r8 given his (aps barb) build, there is no reason to get r8 before r9.
    There is a very questline explaining ranks and rep, clearly the r9 was bought because if it wasn't this would have been well-known to this player beforehand
    You could easily say the same for basically anyone who hit 100 after G16 gear was released. If I hadn't hit 100 on my archer until after g16 came out, I probably wouldn't have ever bothered with r8 because g16 is so much more effective... *snip*
    No, because the r8 ring, at the very LEAST, is a very good ring to use. and there are other benefits to r8 pieces that off the op of my head I can not think of..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Its a game and anyone can play what ever they want. Its hes choice how to make, build and play his toon. Just cause you play it the way most people do it doesn't make you better or smarter. People that doesn't play their toon in usual way, I consider more creative. Just cause he had question about something, doesn't make him nub or stupid. I'm sure you don't know EVERYTHING about this game to.

So chill and let people have fun
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Riiiiiight cause its obviously impossible for people to farm G16 first, never touching any rep armor. After that ,because G16 is better than r8 and below, the person went straight to farming for r9 gear instead of going through all the noob rank armors, again. Sounds like flawed logics /endsarcasm.
    A barb was made to hold aggro, as long as a barb holds aggro I don't care what playstyle he uses even if it was a Magic Sword.

This thread was resolved within 4 posts, the following posts/pages are nothing but QQ'ers and ranters about assuming someone can't play because they never used rank1 through 8 armors. If I were to judge who of you could play depending on your knowledge of other people/classes I would be amazed you even made it out of your starting city (and my only explanation would be that you got lost).