Goshiki`s death

MagicSiren - Archosaur
MagicSiren - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
OK, if u are new to the game just dont read this cause this have a big spoil on probably the best chain quest of the game.

Im a typical player that has leveled several chars at least to the 70s, 80s and a few 100. A few weeks ago Ive create another toon mostly to see the place u go when u reborn and now back on real map i was doing the typical quest (i like to quest, I dont do FCs till i reach the point where the quest give just too lil exp compareding with the exp required to lvl). So logically ive end up doing the Goshiki quest chain. ----Spoil starting---- Rigth now im at the moment I should talk with Dizzy to go in and I totally know what is going to happen. I had done this quest more than 10 times, every single time (with the exception of first time that i didnt knew whats going to happen) i feel bad about it, and I mean I reach the point of doubting if talking with Dizzy after and delivering the quest just to dont have to tell her. I totally know they are just bites on the net, that if i go to Dreamweaver port Goshiki will be standing there,

but im the only who feel that bad about it, till the point that just stop the quest? even knowing all the exp, charm, refining helpers that quest provide?

I just can`t say Dizzy again that Goshiki is death =/
Post edited by MagicSiren - Archosaur on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's a game, it's an npc, therefore they were never alive to begin with.

Besides, you kill thousands upon thousands of mobs that are innocent throughout the game, you're a genocidal maniac. Yet you feel bad about 1 NPC dying.

Be ashamed.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • hellryme
    hellryme Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Weird , your poll doesn't have an "he died and it was awesome" option , please fix that .
    Anyway , poor sob , seen it comming though , woulda been beeter if Dizzy died with him there .

Spoiler alert !

The Niang Hu death was kinda sad for me , and a far more interesting story altogether .
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just can`t say Dizzy again that Goshiki is death =/
    It's a real trouble. Think about free platinum charm you will get for this quest. Be strong b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, Goshiki is just a bunch of pixels, but characters in comic books and animes are not real as well and people still get touched when something terrible happens to them.

No. Don't be ashamed to feel that way about the NPC. It shows that you, like very few, have some interest in the story. That quet chain is awesome: the plot, the battle, the twist.

At least some of us know how to enjoy the part of the game a huge part of the playerbase simply ignores: the story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't know if spoiler or just an attempt to get attention.
    But yeah, this is the best written/designed (and most rewarding) quest chain in the game.

BTW: Hey Dizzy, see that fish there in the lake? I heard he loves a widow. (But I'm not a widow) Yes you are.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Yes, Goshiki is just a bunch of pixels, but characters in comic books and animes are not real as well and people still get touched when something terrible happens to them.

No. Don't be ashamed to feel that way about the NPC. It shows that you, like very few, have some interest in the story. That quet chain is awesome: the plot, the battle, the twist.

At least some of us know how to enjoy the part of the game a huge part of the playerbase simply ignores: the story.

Ok the story is
    Pan Gu was too bored he decided to create a Perfect World, then he created Humans symbolizing his soul, elves symbolizing his mind and untamed symbolizing his body. In the perfect world there is 5 Big *** cities (4 other like archosaur), The Dragon City is the central bigass city governed by the Earth emperor Archosaur. (So, we don't have access to entire Pan Gu's Perfect World map, the other 4 regions are mentioned in one of the faction's base question and other quests).
    Along with Pan Gu's creations, he created the wraiths to put good/evil balance and make the Perfect World less boring.

Then people found out remains of long lost city ruins Frostcovered City and Twillight Temple as we call, were remains of civilizations lost long ago Here lies my suggestion for a go back in time and see FC/TT before the ruins
    Then, from the tides came the tideborns (Seemingly not created by Pan Gu, or, maybe just a **** he made accidentally), their islands emerged from below the water and they came for no reason at all.
    Then some hidden CIA race who lived below the earth predicted a bigass wraith assault and came to intervein, they revealed themselves to the others to tell everyone: Hey *******, the **** is going to get REAL!
    Then in the little village of the elysium a person with bad personality problems came and killed everyone, then there was a portal open to Morai (The long lost realm where Pan Gu placed his bad creations), and Radiance the split personality ran back to it to hide from the heroes, who started to kill him over and over when they got to 95 (Yep, consequences bro, consequences).
    Then somewhen somehow some new 'primal world' came into knowledge, its the world from where everyone came from, its the origination world where each and every soul was forged in, Along with knowing that world, people started to think: Lets go back to lv 1, it will be fun. So bad they were so wrong, but at least they could find a way to get stronger by doing this.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ... it was a nice questline that one. Killing Feng is a bit much at the level you get the quest, but the reward at the end is well worth it (free nontradeable platinum guardian charm). Goshiki dies... well, given revivals, rebirths and reincarnations, does that mean we've seen the last of him? I think not...

The only other questline that compares is the "A Fleeting Shadow" one from the Earthguard region. Not as rewarding, but definately worth the time if you enjoy the RP aspect of this mmoRPG
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited April 2014
    ... it was a nice questline that one. Killing Feng is a bit much at the level you get the quest, but the reward at the end is well worth it (free nontradeable platinum guardian charm). Goshiki dies... well, given revivals, rebirths and reincarnations, does that mean we've seen the last of him? I think not...

The only other questline that compares is the "A Fleeting Shadow" one from the Earthguard region. Not as rewarding, but definately worth the time if you enjoy the RP aspect of this mmoRPG

That Role Play aspect is missing in any and every MMORPG you might search.

There are 2 'vintage' MMORPG games specialized on the Role Play aspect, graphics are horrible tho, I think we all know which i'm talking about.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PWI has many sad stories and ill-fated NPCs.

What about the Mad River Ghost in Archosaur's Eastern waters? A river spirit drowned him and his soul is made to wander its depths, with only his widowed wife keeping him company with her song.

What of Wol Rinze? His literal opening message is "All that I have known, all that I am... all is gone". Wol was the only survivor after he and his men searched the Burning Scar for his lost sister...only to find out that she revived as a Wraith (Corpse Orchid). If I remember right, he later takes his own life because of his despair.

Death itself is a very strange thing, considering Clerics and Mystics are able to revive the dead. My headcanon is that Meditators (those who practice cultivation) are the only ones who can be revived by such means, and only if its done not too long after their death (you see your soul hovering around your body when you're dead).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Most likely one of the quest scripters went through a breakup when he was making that quest and though to himself.. Let's make a sad questline.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK, if u are new to the game just dont read this cause this have a big spoil on probably the best chain quest of the game.

you do realise the thread-title alone is already the spoiler right b:infuriated your threadtitle is bad and you should feel bad. Worse than how Dizzy, god how she was annoying the first time I did that quest, is annoying on her worst days D:

Anyways yes it was tragic, yes sob sob, but it's part of the chain and his death was for the grater good (pun intended)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've done this quest chain over ten times now, and I love it. Most of the normal quests in this game have boring storylines, and when this one was first introduced it was instantly my favorite. That said, I was sad when Goshiki died, but it gave the quest a little something more that I would never get rid of.

I still write "Goshiki nooooooooo" in fac chat whenever I do that part though. xD

(PS. They should have kept him named Supertrout. Epic.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i think when i did that quest, the expansion came out so we ALLLL rushed through it and said HURRAY free charm and never looked back b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Annoying little Dizzy didn't get him in the end, that's what mattered to me. Call me cruel and all...

Though, it is an awesome story, I do pay a lot of attention to these things. Wish more, if not all, quests were so engaging. Instead of "Go kill 90+ pixel idiots because I say so!"... Put some feeling into it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Doesn't give enough exp to make me care now
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok the story is
    Pan Gu was too bored he decided to create a Perfect World, then he created Humans symbolizing his soul, elves symbolizing his mind and untamed symbolizing his body. In the perfect world there is 5 Big *** cities (4 other like archosaur), The Dragon City is the central bigass city governed by the Earth emperor Archosaur. (So, we don't have access to entire Pan Gu's Perfect World map, the other 4 regions are mentioned in one of the faction's base question and other quests).
    Along with Pan Gu's creations, he created the wraiths to put good/evil balance and make the Perfect World less boring.

Then people found out remains of long lost city ruins Frostcovered City and Twillight Temple as we call, were remains of civilizations lost long ago Here lies my suggestion for a go back in time and see FC/TT before the ruins
    Then, from the tides came the tideborns (Seemingly not created by Pan Gu, or, maybe just a **** he made accidentally), their islands emerged from below the water and they came for no reason at all.
    Then some hidden CIA race who lived below the earth predicted a bigass wraith assault and came to intervein, they revealed themselves to the others to tell everyone: Hey *******, the **** is going to get REAL!
    Then in the little village of the elysium a person with bad personality problems came and killed everyone, then there was a portal open to Morai (The long lost realm where Pan Gu placed his bad creations), and Radiance the split personality ran back to it to hide from the heroes, who started to kill him over and over when they got to 95 (Yep, consequences bro, consequences).
    Then somewhen somehow some new 'primal world' came into knowledge, its the world from where everyone came from, its the origination world where each and every soul was forged in, Along with knowing that world, people started to think: Lets go back to lv 1, it will be fun. So bad they were so wrong, but at least they could find a way to get stronger by doing this.

That is by far the best attempt I've ever seen to try to explain/give a summary of PWI's story. When I ask most of my friends they go. "What story?"

I bestow upon you: "The gold medal of paying attention in class". A reward I just made up.

I'm not joking, thanks :3.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Initially I felt bad, but not for Goshiki. I felt bad Dizzy had fallen for a derp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Initially I felt bad, but not for Goshiki. I felt bad Dizzy had fallen for a derp.
    Who you would have paired her with instead, that is not a derp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Who you would have paired her with instead, that is not a derp?

Duke.b:thanksb:thanks
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Duke.b:thanksb:thanks
    But he already has so many wives. D: - Not even counting his fangirls -
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Laughed my butt off when Dizzy went "GOOOOOOOOOSHIIIIIIIIIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!"
    I <3 AGOREY
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just click yes yes yes to get to the next part of a quest chain,people actually read this mess?talkin bout wasted brain wrinkles.
    edited April 2014
    I just click yes yes yes to get to the next part of a quest chain,people actually read this mess?talkin bout wasted brain wrinkles.

I use to read them when I started playing the game... But the bad english and story was such tosh I've been spamming the next button ever since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thats only good quest in this game. It has everything - good story, quest line that make sense and you don't have to kill 80+ mobs over and over, gives good rewards...and I think that sad ending is the reason we like it even more.

I also enjoyed story that snake boss in Nirvana telling you while you killing it (if you ever bother to read it)..its also really sad and nice.

I don't have problems with a sad stories. We kill bosses and mobs every day and they have family and friends to b:sad
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I felt bad for Goshiki being dead instead of Dizzy.

Seriously, she was the perfect filler-character you want to kill the moment you met her first.

Actually, i think it was a good thing he died. Doubt he would have surivived long anyway with Dizzy being at his side lol
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Such a tragic love story. Sadly half the players dont read anything they just play and hyper level. I would totally support a new quest line maybe 100+ that could see Goshiki revived (pwi has clerics with that skill after all) and bring about a renewed love story for Dizzy. They could even have a high level dungeon to enter for part of the quest line. This would give 100+ more to do and fun quests to actually enjoy. Maybe have something to do with heaven and hell? Idk but this is an idea worth looking into. As is pwi has dungeons that are there but not usable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been dealing with the Quest-demic in the quest logs of some of my chars, and recently did this chain on one of my alts and D: Yes it is super sad. I always wish you could save Goshiki. Sometimes it's even worse when you know that point is coming up and nothing you can do will stop it ;_;

By-the-by, some of the quest chains are a good read (in spite of the engrish). I suggest doing some of them quests you've got hanging around b:victory
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Goshiki chain was always awesome because it gives you so much xp you pretty much completely bipass bh39, which is pretty much the most spread out low level instance. It also has tons of exploding mobs and freezing mobs, which are annoying at a low level and prevent just zhenning them.

In short, I hate BH39 and Goshiki allows you to jump like 12 levels and skip it.

The other beautiful thing about the chain was back in the days when this was introduced 1 gold was like 400k and the quest gives you like 2.5 mil. Considering todays prices of 3m gold thats almost the equivilant of 19m coin for a decently easy quest that levels you up like crazy.

Aaaaannnd gives you mirages, tishas, and a plat charm.

So let's just say Goshiki is my buddy. Howevever, later toons I FCC'd or just logged in to do dailies/BHs and did Goshiki chain late. No matter how much I annihilated that final room you cannot save him and that always seemed wrong. Always felt bad that such a helpful quest ends in your buddy dying because you let him down. So much for 'Hero of Perfect World."
    edited April 2014
    By-the-by, some of the quest chains are a good read (in spite of the engrish). I suggest doing some of them quests you've got hanging around b:victory

No... Because the last time I bothered to read a quest, the damn blacksmith at the Gate of Antiquity sent me on ANOTHER 'Go Kill X Mobs' quest.... So I decided to try and make it different by reading their poor story telling and bad grammar.

Oh... Ok... Blacksmith wants me to kill some mobs because they killed his pig. 20 frustrating magic mobs later I return to the blacksmith just for him to say OH SORRY WRONG MOBS HA-HA Now go and kill THESE mobs who are in the same exact area and this time 30 to make up for the mistake.

HOW 'BOUT NO! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No... Because the last time I bothered to read a quest, the damn blacksmith at the Gate of Antiquity sent me on ANOTHER 'Go Kill X Mobs' quest.... So I decided to try and make it different by reading their poor story telling and bad grammar.

Oh... Ok... Blacksmith wants me to kill some mobs because they killed his pig. 20 frustrating magic mobs later I return to the blacksmith just for him to say OH SORRY WRONG MOBS HA-HA Now go and kill THESE mobs who are in the same exact area and this time 30 to make up for the mistake.

HOW 'BOUT NO! b:angry

LOL Thats exactly why I hate reading the quests because they make you more pissed off than you already are about doing them.
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory