Reducing Power lvlers:

ArcticRain - Raging Tide
ArcticRain - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
PWI should strongly nurf any ways you can power lvl for example, minimum lvl you can go to FC would be 75. Reason for this: Like it has been said a few other places on forums, if you powerlvl, players won't learn their character and will be considered Power lvl Noobs. Either that, or players selling FC to low lvl players (often 3x) should charge more to discourage power lvling. I'm not the only one who things nurfing power lvling, but I'm sure there's many other players out there who agree with me. Besides, who wants a powerlvled noob in their squad?
Post edited by ArcticRain - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Quandry - Raging Tide
    Quandry - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    REALLY? (insert sarcasm) - and repeatedly killing the same dummass mobs/running the same dummass instances really teaches you your character? There is nothing difficult about the PvE element of this game particularly now with the huge gear inbalance - if you find it that hard maybe TETR1S is more your thing......
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    for example, minimum lvl you can go to FC would be 75.

It wouldn't change a lot of things... People would just have to find a 100+ mobs area where there are not too much people/bots and put the low level in follow mode in the air.
    It wouldn't be as easy as leveling in FC but easy enough to be level 75 very fast then go to fc
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PWI should strongly nurf any ways you can power lvl for example, minimum lvl you can go to FC would be 75. Reason for this: Like it has been said a few other places on forums, if you powerlvl, players won't learn their character and will be considered Power lvl Noobs. Either that, or players selling FC to low lvl players (often 3x) should charge more to discourage power lvling. I'm not the only one who things nurfing power lvling, but I'm sure there's many other players out there who agree with me. Besides, who wants a powerlvled noob in their squad?

I feel you pain cause I also see more and more people that dunno basics of their classes and start to learn how to play while doing bh 100+. Also lot of people have several alts and don't know how to play them properly and they just use 2 skill per toon.

But you cant just shut something down without giving something in return. For now, questing in this game is insanely boring and outdated comparing to questing in other new games, and it doesn't allows you to learn your character. Fly from one point to another 10 times... or kill 80+ mobs wont for sure make you better player. So unless quests change drastically, wont be use of them (I don't see that will ever happen cause it will require changing game compleatly...so unless we get PWI2 forget about it)

For lower lvl people to be able to actually learn their classes we need more low lvl instances that requires team work. Unfortunately we don't have much new players coming to this game to be worth making those, and thats why they making new content mostly for 100+ lvl.

Basically PWI is aware of all of this, thats why they allow powerlvl.

Tbh would be best if they make PWI2 because there is so much stuff in this game thats outdated that nothing can fix that anymore.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anyway even without powerleveling, the quests are to easy and you don't need to know your class to be able to do them. Then you have bh and just by doing quests+bh you now up too fast to level 75-80 to really know your class at that level. Plus the fact that your skills won't be at their max, no 79 skills, no Morai skills, no 100 skills (and I don't even mention New Horizons).
    So basically this is as if the game starts at level 100...

The problem is not that much the power leveling in itself but just the fact that even after being 100+ some people don't care to learn how to play their class efficiently.
    I suppose you can find people 100+ that never went to FC and still don't know their class as you can find people that have been power leveled from 1 to 100 in a few days but now know how to play their class
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OP please check your forum PMs b:surrender
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • mazrim87
    mazrim87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    pwi won't do such a thing, they make money off people power leveling. with hypers and gear pwi makes a lot off people being able to hit 100+ asap.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014

NERF Power Level?

Are you aware we need to get to lv 100 THREE times? 3x THREE? TRIPLE TRIO?

No, I disagree on nerfing powerlevel b:bye

I do even suggest they remove PV restrictions and add FC Hard Mode (With higher Exps Rewards)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anything that would encourage teamwork will not really have any success, seeing the increase of the antisocial behavior of most people playing this game.
    Very few take the time and effort to make friends and actually try stuff out together. "Everybody for themselves".

In any MMO you will find people that have no idea how to play their class, being the majority, power level or not. Most people just choose a class with the name/description they find most fancy and run around for the sake of doing it, without actually caring about what they could contribute or worrying about achieving their class true potential.
    And then they focus on the quantity, not the quality, why they rush to end game thinking it will be absolutely amazing and glorious but... It is all like a beautifully wrapped present box, which you open only to find it is empty.

I do agree the game in itself is not fair with this. Most of the compelling content is for level 100+ which is really terrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazrim87
    mazrim87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Anything that would encourage teamwork will not really have any success, seeing the increase of the antisocial behavior of most people playing this game.
    Very few take the time and effort to make friends and actually try stuff out together. "Everybody for themselves".

In any MMO you will find people that have no idea how to play their class, being the majority, power level or not. Most people just choose a class with the name/description they find most fancy and run around for the sake of doing it, without actually caring about what they could contribute or worrying about achieving their class true potential.
    And then they focus on the quantity, not the quality, why they rush to end game thinking it will be absolutely amazing and glorious but... It is all like a beautifully wrapped present box, which you open only to find it is empty.

I do agree the game in itself is not fair with this. Most of the compelling content is for level 100+ which is really terrible.

actualy alot of the content people think is 100+ is really meant for lower levels, but good luck finding a delta squad when your 85, and as far as doing ws when your 95, again good luck because people are greedy and selfish. Delta was not meant to be done in 20mins, it was meant to be a challenge that took time! Same with fc, it was meant to be a challenge but now if an fc run takes more than 30-40 mins people whine and say "fail squad" or "bad run" back in the day doing stuff like TT 1-1 took 5-6 people and we did it in 1-1.5 hours, had a blast now its all over in 5-10 mins, this is the death of the game, they made it to easy and encourage people/class to solo instead of squad. people say to find a faction to do these things, BS, I have yet to find a faction that in the past 3 years has yet to do a full delta with squad members being 85-90ish, you won't find it anymore, pwi is not an MMORPG it a WMSAFRPG (Watch Me Solo And Fail Role Play Game). the staff encourages this behavior, only answer you get from them is "submit a ticket" or "don't talk about this here"...no wondr people power level to endgame and then retire, bad economy, lack of actual challenge when in squad, horrid staff/support, constant dc's, costs way more for best gear then main stream Pay to PLay games such a 3 letter game that we all know, 15$ a month and you can get epic endgame gear in 3-4 moths...pwi pay thousands for r9 or farm for years...the death of pwi is power leveling, but it's because pwi encouraged it, so when some people get together and bring this beast down i'll sit back and smile!
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ... and yet I find myself thinking... Gosh, has the OP finally reached 105*3 himself, and now wants others to stop being an equal so easily?

Powerleveling will happen. Players will find a way to. Heck, PWI has even made an instance specifically for it - Phoenix Valley. If people really want to grind themselves to the top, I'd say, have at it. If it's fun for those players, who are you to say they shouldn't be able to do that? They're not bothering you with it.

I've joined this game with 2 friends. We've played the game together and are just now nearing sage cultivation. We've had a lot of fun doing difficult instances (Barb/Cleric/Mystic party) with just 3 players working together. Since I played a lot more I've created some alts for myself to solo with - a cleric and a BM the most notable. But I find playing together with a small party of people working closely together to be MUCH more enjoyable then joining a random BH ('though being a cleric has it's moments - last sunday, last one in on a SoT run as the only cleric - first job was to res half the party who tried to rush the boss and failed... that brought me a grin)

Some people are just objective-driven. They see level 105*3 with full T6 nuemas, all titles, R9RR+12 and a full set of S+ war avatars as winning the game. Me? I'm not in a hurry to get there. Once you win the game like that it becomes boring, and then you leave...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Changing FC would not help. Powerlvling always existed. If you cripple 1 form, another will pop up ... untill you cut down any option to lvl. Like Zoldi already said :
    It wouldn't change a lot of things... People would just have to find a 100+ mobs area where there are not too much people/bots and put the low level in follow mode in the air.
    It wouldn't be as easy as leveling in FC but easy enough to be level 75 very fast then go to fc

So after FC, PQ 1 area will be so full the normal PQ can't be done anymore. So you will need to make hypers and all form of exp scrolls 75+. Then repeatable stuff like PQ 1 will be done by high lvls for their alts/faction members so nobody can do it for real anymore. So quests will have to be made unable to finish in squad with higher lvls. Then they will go to oracles, which will then have to be made to respawn 1 mob/boss every 30min+. Even then, ppl can use high lvl buff or put some money in ridiculous weapon for low lvl to make it easy.

Point is : There will always be found a way to "powerlvl", at least FC is instance based powerlvling where they don't bother anyone who doesn't like that. Banish that place and they will be on the normal map annoying players that wish to play normally. I prefer to keep it that way.

And btw, all the above alternative ways to powerlvl have really been used.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I do believe you people complain too much on other players skills
    This is just a game after all, people have no actual obligation with it, most people play casually.
    And for casual players, not being able to powerlevel just kills the game.
    It is not fun taking an eternity to see your character strong.
    I think they should even allow for power gearing too (Like the game with T by those guys with E which became fRee to plAy on feb 2013), because people don't want to make terrible effort.

The big question here is: Leveling/gearing in PWI is just a pain in the ***, tremendous effort for a few slight moment of feeling rewarded, and this makes the game stupid and pointless.

In the game I mentioned:
    - You reach maximum level in about 1 month.
    - You go an instance where you get what there's equivallent to g16 here, its Bind on Pickup and people can just roll/pass on drop (bosses drop an equipment smartbox, when opened gives you class based already made equipment).
    - refining there is easy and cheap (compared to PWI) and you never lose refining levels
    - never lose exps on dying (lose some gear crystals, which are relatively cheap),
    - no need to repair gears
    - Extremely low expense with consumables
    - Almost no need to farm for coins (Refining items can be farmed on instances)
    - PvP is actually balanced and there's even 1 PvP instance for 30~60 which makes everyone equivallently strong (besides player skills/skill levels).
    - The game play is funny and graphics are eyecandy. (superficial, but still...)
    - In that game, you never feel underpowered for being a f2p user, but you feel the sensation of status for beying a paying user.
    - Quests there are very rewarding
    - Monsters there give way more money and exps (relatively comparing to PWI), means 1h grinding normal mobs there is actually more worthy.
    - Market is not messed up.
    - Chances on boxes are not nearly impossible for rare items.
    - Rare drops are not nearly impossible.
    - Being endgame is easy, having the strongest equipment rasonably difficult ( WAAAY cheaper and easier than r9r3 tho)
    - You can reroll adds without losing refines, no matter what gears or refines and you can lock certain adds you would NOT like to reroll.

And with all those differences, I do only still play PWI because I'm not here for the game itself, and not here for myself too.

But I will complain A LOT, because maybe someday PWI turns into a decent game, in that day I will not complain anymore.

I might definitely want to add: Perfect World has started walking the fine path.
    With the new expansion it seems easy and cheap to get going and growing along the new contents, now they just need to make it easier to reach g16/r9r3 gears from in-game so everyone can enjoy PvP.
    I would suggest a dungeon that allows people to make G16 gears from scratch in about 2 weeks, and a dungeon that allows people to make r9r3 gears from g16 in about 3 months. (maximum of 1 run per day per dungeon, 2 runs with gshop item).
    Its RIDICULOUS to make the PvP aspect of the game only accessible to paying users.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]