Class based genie skill suggestion

Kijinka - Dreamweaver
Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
I'm not sure about other mystics but in an instance I'd prefer to heal than anything else but in some instances it's just not possible due to lack of purify. Now I know what you're thinking, Mystics do have a purify for both sage and demon with a low percentage rate but honestly it's not enough for a mystic to be a dedicated healer in Flowsilver Palace: Deicide for example.

With the original classes getting their own class based genie spell I think it's time the rest got their turn too and for mystics I believe a purify genie spell would be fitting. I believe the genie spell should be single target and have a 10 second cooldown (Much longer cooldown than a clerics). If no target is selected it should purify yourself. But for this spell to be fair it should not be able to be used when stunned or sealed.

I don't play an assassin, psychic or seeker often enough to suggest a new class based genie skill for those maybe some others could make suggestions for those classes.
Post edited by Kijinka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did a lot of FSP where the clerics didn't purify a single time of all the run. (they are lazy or simply doesn't know how to play a cleric properly)

I don't think a purify on the genie would be needed or fair, I did chose sage for sage BitC and it do proc like crazy, why would a demon mystic get a free 100% purify on a genie?

I do agree that I would like to see genie's skills for the classes that doesn't have, but truth is majority of the classes that have genie's skills for them doesn't even use them so they could not put something to OP for mystic/seeker or it would be unfair for some of the oldest class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm... as the 2nd healer class, mystics have a lot of goodies to make up for their lack of a guaranteed purify. Their instant heal is twice as fast and three times as strong as a cleric's spot heal, and their heal over time activates automatically upon being attacked.

Already an endgame mystic is as hard or even harder than a cleric to kill with just those 2 skills alone. I have to think that a guaranteed purify might be a little over the top... however...

I can agree to a guaranteed purify if: its cooldown is not too low (10s is too low---lets make it least 15s) and if the energy cost isn't too terribly spammable. 80 energy... and furthermore, the debuff I'm most worried about it removing is immobilize. I'd say don't have it remove movement debuffs, just everything else. So for example, it can remove amps, damage over times (hence the fsp usefulness) various defense debuffs, etc, but not slow, immobilize, stun, sleep.

Having it able to remove seal is also problematic. I'm on the fence about whether it should be able to. Maybe make it a % chance to remove seal that... scales with dext points.

Interesting idea. Of course if they were gonna come out with new class-specific genie skills, they probably would have done it already, but you just never know whats in the works. PWI has surprised us all on occasion.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    I did a lot of FSP where the clerics didn't purify a single time of all the run. (they are lazy or simply doesn't know how to play a cleric properly)

I don't think a purify on the genie would be needed or fair, I did chose sage for sage BitC and it do proc like crazy, why would a demon mystic get a free 100% purify on a genie?

I do agree that I would like to see genie's skills for the classes that doesn't have, but truth is majority of the classes that have genie's skills for them doesn't even use them so they could not put something to OP for mystic/seeker or it would be unfair for some of the oldest class.

The sage mystic would also get a 100% purify.

Also with a demon mystic if you didn't know comforting mist is a 35% chance per person to purify so in a 10 person squad statistically it will purify 3 people each use, but who that is purified is random and not selective. Discussing this with Aeliah and a demon mystic can have just as high of a chance of purifying as a sage if the demon mystic is skilled with timing etc.

I don't think making a mystic a more viable healer is making the class OP.

Hmm... as the 2nd healer class, mystics have a lot of goodies to make up for their lack of a guaranteed purify. Their instant heal is twice as fast and three times as strong as a cleric's spot heal, and their heal over time activates automatically upon being attacked.

Already an endgame mystic is as hard or even harder than a cleric to kill with just those 2 skills alone. I have to think that a guaranteed purify might be a little over the top... however...

I can agree to a guaranteed purify if: its cooldown is not too low (10s is too low---lets make it least 15s) and if the energy cost isn't too terribly spammable. 80 energy... and furthermore, the debuff I'm most worried about it removing is immobilize. I'd say don't have it remove movement debuffs, just everything else. So for example, it can remove amps, damage over times (hence the fsp usefulness) various defense debuffs, etc, but not slow, immobilize, stun, sleep.

Having it able to remove seal is also problematic. I'm on the fence about whether it should be able to. Maybe make it a % chance to remove seal that... scales with dext points.

Interesting idea. Of course if they were gonna come out with new class-specific genie skills, they probably would have done it already, but you just never know whats in the works. PWI has surprised us all on occasion.

Yeah I had thought about the energy consumption but did not post. It would have to be 80-100 energy consumption and a 15second cooldown seems reasonable. I think in regards to movement debuffs the mystic shouldn't be able to cast the genie spell if stunned, slept or sealed but if casted on another player with these debuffs it should remove them.
    edited April 2014
    The sage mystic would also get a 100% purify.

Also with a demon mystic if you didn't know comforting mist is a 35% chance per person to purify so in a 10 person squad statistically it will purify 3 people each use, but who that is purified is random and not selective. Discussing this with Aeliah and a demon mystic can have just as high of a chance of purifying as a sage if the demon mystic is skilled with timing etc.

I don't think making a mystic a more viable healer is making the class OP.

I do know about demon comforting mist and sage BitC proc so often that for me a genie skill that purify would be not needed. It would give demon mystics an AOE purify + a 100% single target purify. No sorry, but I think that if people playing mystics want to be main healers than they should maybe chose a path where they can chose who they purify with BitC than go demon with a random (slow) purify or better than that, if you want to be a main healer with a 100% purify roll a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    I do know about demon comforting mist and sage BitC proc so often that for me a genie skill that purify would be not needed. It would give demon mystics an AOE purify + a 100% single target purify. No sorry, but I think that if people playing mystics want to be main healers than they should maybe chose a path where they can chose who they purify with BitC than go demon with a random (slow) purify or better than that, if you want to be a main healer with a 100% purify roll a cleric.

You're being so narrow minded. You can't see the situations where this might come in handy for a sage mystic either. Say you wish to purify someone but also need to heal the whole squad with an AOE heal. Currently the demon mystic can only have a chance of doing this. As a sage with a purify spell on genie you can now do it too.

You're not thinking hard enough when thinking about this proposed genie skill. Don't just think about one instance, think about them all. Beneficial for all mystics, sage or demon.

Also, I have numerous clerics but prefer healing on a mystic as I am unable to be screamed at to use BB (lazy cleric healing).
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I did fsp with clerics that don't puri cause they dunno how to play their classes.
    Just yesterday, I did fsp with only mystic in squad and she was great! She was 100 times better then most clerics I run with lately.

Not sure is puri on genie good idea cause it opens more issues like for example psy demon/sage bubble of life.
    Think most of the players already know what will be consequences when you choose sage or demon path. You have pros and cons on each ofc. I also wouldn't be happy if demon psy gets genie with purify, when sage puri on bubble was one of the reason I chooses sage.

If genie skills can replace some skills then what would be the point of culti?

I agree that we should have more class based genie skills and I think they should get update. Would be nice to have 3-5 class based genie skills.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    I did fsp with clerics that don't puri cause they dunno how to play their classes.
    Just yesterday, I did fsp with only mystic in squad and she was great! She was 100 times better then most clerics I run with lately.

Not sure is puri on genie good idea cause it opens more issues like for example psy demon/sage bubble of life.
    Think most of the players already know what will be consequences when you choose sage or demon path. You have pros and cons on each ofc. I also wouldn't be happy if demon psy gets genie with purify, when sage puri on bubble was one of the reason I chooses sage.

If genie skills can replace some skills then what would be the point of culti?

I agree that we should have more class based genie skills and I think they should get update. Would be nice to have 3-5 class based genie skills.

This isn't a genie spell for all classes; the purify would be for mystic only to make it a more viable healer. Suggest one for a psy.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you go around insulting people for their "stupid" ideas and then you bring one yourself. GG

Purify genie skill would cause more problems than do good, good Mystics are hard to kill and they have purify proc weapons too and now you want them to have a guaranteed genie skill for it even?

Mystics can heal just fine in FSP. The problem isn't the class or things the class lacks, it's the players who don't know how to play smart. Some classes have self purify and triple spark is available for all. As far as I know the DoT goes to whoever has secondary aggro, after the tank, so if you can't purify the DoT..don't take too much aggro.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You could just have Faith being able to be cast upon other players. :V
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    With the original classes getting their own class based genie spell I think it's time the rest got their turn too and for mystics I believe a purify genie spell would be fitting. I believe the genie spell should be single target and have a 10 second cooldown (Much longer cooldown than a clerics). If no target is selected it should purify yourself. But for this spell to be fair it should not be able to be used when stunned or sealed.

I can see why a guaranteed purify can help on a mystic for their support role. However, it should be unable to cast on oneself imo. Support classes like mystics and clerics already have a skills that out-scale in 1v1 aspect in order to stay alive. Something like that should be only for group pvp and pve.

For psychics, I can't really come up with anything. Unless it's something broken that makes it really worth replacing 1 of my current genie skills with. They could make a spark-like genie skill on earth/water. Since wizards don't like it anymore, I'd gladly take it b:laugh
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This isn't a genie spell for all classes; the purify would be for mystic only to make it a more viable healer. Suggest one for a psy.

I know its not. Point is that you want to take something that is made to be advantage for sage class and put it on genie so demons can have it to. And then all other class would be like " I want that to QQQQQQQQb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do agree that some new genie skills should be created in the future because the game has changed alot since the actual import of genies into the game. With the higher attack that people have now, and then that most ''usefull'' genie skills are attack aimed or are usefull to do combo's maybe some defense genie skills would be nice. Tho this would require testing to be done because its not just making something new in my opinion.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    So you go around insulting people for their "stupid" ideas and then you bring one yourself. GG

Purify genie skill would cause more problems than do good, good Mystics are hard to kill and they have purify proc weapons too and now you want them to have a guaranteed genie skill for it even?

Mystics can heal just fine in FSP. The problem isn't the class or things the class lacks, it's the players who don't know how to play smart. Some classes have self purify and triple spark is available for all. As far as I know the DoT goes to whoever has secondary aggro, after the tank, so if you can't purify the DoT..don't take too much aggro.

Are you ****? I already have faith on my genie to purify myself AND give immunity to debuffs for 5secs. Fking moron.

This new suggested skill would make mystics more viable as a healing class. Please go back to licking windows.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    I know its not. Point is that you want to take something that is made to be advantage for sage class and put it on genie so demons can have it to. And then all other class would be like " I want that to QQQQQQQQb:cryb:cryb:cry

Demon comforting mist is a 35% chance to purify each member in the squad of 10 people and you can use the skill 3 times before the DoT activates if you time the first channel BEFORE the DoT hits (Easy to do). By the power of statistics it should almost always purify the person with the DoT if this is done.

As I said in a previous post it would be beneficial to both cultis.

>Sage

Single target purify 25%
    Whole squad needs to be healed and someone has DoT
    Has to choose between attempting to purify or heal whole squad

With an added genie spell, sage mystic can do both.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    trands wrote: »
    I can see why a guaranteed purify can help on a mystic for their support role. However, it should be unable to cast on oneself imo. Support classes like mystics and clerics already have a skills that out-scale in 1v1 aspect in order to stay alive. Something like that should be only for group pvp and pve.

For psychics, I can't really come up with anything. Unless it's something broken that makes it really worth replacing 1 of my current genie skills with. They could make a spark-like genie skill on earth/water. Since wizards don't like it anymore, I'd gladly take it b:laugh

Great feedback. Unable to use on yourself would really cut the QQ and would only be used by those who really want to play the support role.

I said in another post I already have faith for personal use so yea, this could be a great option.

With the spark-like spell for a psy, great suggestion.
    edited April 2014
    Are you ****? I already have faith on my genie to purify myself AND give immunity to debuffs for 5secs. Fking moron.

This new suggested skill would make mystics more viable as a healing class. Please go back to licking windows.

Learn to take criticism, seriously no need to insult people that don't like your idea.
    Demon comforting mist is a 35% chance to purify each member in the squad of 10 people and you can use the skill 3 times before the DoT activates if you time the first channel BEFORE the DoT hits (Easy to do). By the power of statistics it should almost always purify the person with the DoT if this is done.

As I said in a previous post it would be beneficial to both cultis.

>Sage

Single target purify 25%

You got it wrong girl, a sage can do it, a demon can't cause the demon can't chose who he want to purify, sage can, sage can also AOE heal you know?

Cleric's CHB is 3.5 sec chan just like Comforting mist, so a cleric that CHB+purify is really similar to a sage mystic that would do Comforting mist+BitC.

Oh and by the way ask any sage mystic in the mystic section, the 25% on BitC feel way more than 25%, I almost always get the purify proc on the second BitC sometime on the third, but it's still almost as fast as a cleric, so to me you are just a mad demon mystic that his hating on clerics and sage mystics cause you can't chose who you purify. (Ask any sage mystic on the mystic section how much % they feel sage BitC is and majority will tell you that they feel like it 's a 50-75% chance of purify, not a 25%)

I have a friend mystic that was demon, that was claiming how demon was good and he had good arguments for it. He did change culti recently to sage and he don't even remember why he liked demon, the ONLY skill he miss is the demon falling petal, but that's all. Maybe you should do the same and switch since you don't seems to enjoy your cultivation for the way you play your mystic. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Faith requires certain energy which essentially empties your genie and it requires certain affinities making your genie unable to get certain skills and it usually requires lvl105 if you want particular skills and a longer cooldown making it balanced. On top of it it's available for all classes.

Bring them insults, people will really take you seriously if throw them left and right.

Mystics are not a healing class, mystics are jack-of-all trades and they are good enough of a healer as it is.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Faith requires certain energy which essentially empties your genie and it requires certain affinities making your genie unable to get certain skills and it usually requires lvl105 if you want particular skills and a longer cooldown making it balanced. On top of it it's available for all classes.

Bring them insults, people will really take you seriously if throw them left and right.

Mystics are not a healing class, mystics are jack-of-all trades and they are good enough of a healer as it is.

Post from your main and I'll insult you more.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Pretty much gonna echo what I said in the cleric section thread about it:
    I wouldn't go with 100% purify. Probably purify chance based on dex ala Badge or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    >Sage

Single target purify 25%

i don't speak for all sage mystics, but if im solo healing i'd have Gaia's Blessing and Vital herb both going, one while the other cd's so healing is going at all times, then petals on the main tank so i can focus my attention when and where my purify is needed, refreshing all that in the interrum while the fight goes on.

However, i like the idea of a promised purify on genie, or even casting faith on others. Hell, i'd even take a Mystic genie spell to anything else at all. i think its time that the devs look into revamping genies in general to be honest.

I'd REALLY love to see a genie spell that takes some of the brunt of a mystics mana pool, since a mystic burns mana faster than any other class. 14k + mana and i can burn it all in 3-5 spells. It would help the cost on us from mana pots and charms. Really though, UPDATE GENIES ALREADY PLOX!
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Pretty much gonna echo what I said in the cleric section thread about it:

Ofc clerics won't like the idea ...

That's in the natural order of things.

However, considering the number of unique things clerics already have, giving mystics a support orientated genie skill wouldn't hurt imo (as long as it's only useable on others). We're talking about a weaker version (longer cd, not selfcast, consume genie energy) that will consume a genie skill slot and probably affinities. Not a stronger version of your class perk like morai skills like clerics who got a better version of psychic soulburn b:cry Kill the cleric class b:angry.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I disagree with the mystic class purify genie skill, it's killing one of the strongest points of the sage mystic.

They killing the strongest demon barb point is already ****ty enough.

Tho, they could make class restricted genie skills free for all instead.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]