Arch Problems

IPhantom_ - Archosaur
IPhantom_ - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Support Desk
I am not sure if this is the correct area to post this so I do apologize if this thread is in the wrong spot to post this.

Since the integrated game to Arch has happened after the recent maintenance I have been forced to download the game on Arch. It never dawned on me that I should download the game and install it on Arch because I have always just opened the client. I only used Arch for jones blessings because the site itself wouldn't let me get it.

My point I am getting to is I just downloaded the game finally and then it started installing and got to 41% or so. After getting to 41% it stopped installing and immediately switched to downloading again. So now I have to go through hours of installing this game on Arch AGAIN and hope it doesn't happen again.

My question is, what is the problem and why is it downloading again?
Post edited by IPhantom_ - Archosaur on

Comments

• IPhantom_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Wow just realized I spelled Arc wrong - fail lol
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If u already had PWI in you computer, just add the game in ARC instead of redownloading it all over again. I think something has gone wrong while download PWI again via ARC that's why it switched to downloading from installing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am not sure if this is the correct area to post this
    No , it isn't. There are like 5 official threads for your problem.

Here you have the most official thread for Arch problems : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683301
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No , it isn't. There are like 5 official threads for your problem.

Here you have the most official thread for Arch problems : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683301

I think they do deserve some spam after that disrespect.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IPhantom_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    If u already had PWI in you computer, just add the game in ARC instead of redownloading it all over again. I think something has gone wrong while download PWI again via ARC that's why it switched to downloading from installing.

I did have PWI added to ARC and I tried to open it before and it popped up a small Arc window and said download.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I download Arc on first day it came out.
    I didnt add any game in there. Just the list pop up of the games which i have in my computer.

Now that PWI have moved officially to arc - i didnt had to reinstall game, i didnt had to download game again.

Like CM said before- arc will update my game and it did. For me it seem like normal maintenance. But yah arc did pop up.

I click on PWI shortcut- properties- shortcut - target- "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

then u can close arc ;D
  • IPhantom_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    I download Arc on first day it came out.
    I didnt add any game in there. Just the list pop up of the games which i have in my computer.

Now that PWI have moved officially to arc - i didnt had to reinstall game, i didnt had to download game again.

Like CM said before- arc will update my game and it did. For me it seem like normal maintenance. But yah arc did pop up.

I click on PWI shortcut- properties- shortcut - target- "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

then u can close arc ;D

I added PWI to Arc - the client and clicked play and it closed Arc, but then reopened Arc. The client itself didn't open up like it normally does. Grr! I just want to play PWI!!! lol
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I added PWI to Arc - the client and clicked play and it closed Arc, but then reopened Arc. The client itself didn't open up like it normally does. Grr! I just want to play PWI!!! lol

why dont u open PWI old way- with short cut? now with arc ;O
  • IPhantom_ - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    How do I open it the old way with shortcut? I have tried everything I can to open PWI without opening it on Arc.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i have a problem with arc, it makes everyone rage here!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    How do I open it the old way with shortcut? I have tried everything I can to open PWI without opening it on Arc.

Delete stringtab.txt from patcher directory.
    i have a problem with arc, it makes everyone rage here!

Many people is having problems with Arc, Idk if most or not, but THERE ARE people with problems with Arc.
    I do simply run the game directly without Arc by using SylenThunder's stringtab.txt trick, many people is doing the same. In the end, most of the people with trouble using Arc are using workarounds figured by a player, and again, the community is helping with Arc better better than PWE.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's because youre not doing your Base Quest in Tenaciou$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory