Arc PWI wont work, reg doesnt work - there needs more work on this

Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Support Desk
Hi,

Eventually i just run through ele client but this is serious problem:

I have installed PWI on ARC 3 times and downloaded it 3 times and each time it wont start, even using reg fix.

UPDATE:

1- If Arc has error chose install again but chose English UK for example instead of US- worked for me
2- Remove antivirus if u cant even run client, then run the client and u can install antivirus again
3- U can run client after u update it through Arc
Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
Post edited by Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm not having any trouble with it. I don't get why you would be having problems.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm actually having the same problem...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you could try uninstall pwi AND arc.

then start clean by reinstalling arc first. might be less hassle >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    same here, not having any problem at all
    I know that my laptop isnt the best in the world, its kinda OK .

I don't understand how other ppl are having problems

I didn't download PWI via Arc. I guess the maintenance updated my pwi . Even so- seems to work fine ;O
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I also cant launch pwi no matter what i do b:laugh and tbh if the option is to re-dl arc and pwi, well -snip-

Edit: Hmm i thought i wasnt allowed to name any specificis, didnt know im not actually allowed to say p server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackeroasis
    blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Already tried that uninstalled everything made sure to delete all folders and reinstalled and am encountering the same issues
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Game will not update. I'll be on other non-Arc games for awhile.b:shutup
  • SwitchbladeX - Momaganon
    SwitchbladeX - Momaganon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Problems with arc too

Yesterday I started PWI direct as always. Today he forced to download Arc. I made it and wanted to start PWI as always from launcher. But not possible. He forced me to install PWI. But I had it already installed. So I installed it again and now it run nothing. i am not able to start PWI. b:cry
  • dan555c3
    dan555c3 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Problems with arc too

Yesterday I started PWI direct as always. Today he forced to download Arc. I made it and wanted to start PWI as always from launcher. But not possible. He forced me to install PWI. But I had it already installed. So I installed it again and now it run nothing. i am not able to start PWI. b:cry

same for me wdf?? yday worked to log np and today when i tried to log in ask me to download again pwi via arc. how can i log now???
  • OxKreaperxO - Harshlands
    OxKreaperxO - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same for me. took the update on arc and nothing. I deleted all pwi and arc on computer reinstalled 4x times and still nothing after buying 20 gold. typical pwi shooting it's self in the foot will find non pwi games to play for a while..
  • Serebyi - Heavens Tear
    Serebyi - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've had this problem all day but I finally found out the problem for me, at least.
    I'm sure this problem is going to reoccur but hopefully it helps someone else.
    My anti-virus system totally shut out PW from being opened because after the last update it thought one or two of the files was malicious and put it under quarantine.
    This caused Arc to not only not recognize the game but prevent me from opening the game through Arc or straight from the folder thus asking me to install the game even though I already have it.
    After re-installing the game and Arc once and changing my scan settings on my Anti Virus system to exclude the whole PW folder from being scanned, I was able to finally open PW.
    However this is still glitchy to do through Arc for me, I think they just need to do another patch to get the bugs out.
  • Smiliess - Heavens Tear
    Smiliess - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i play pwi from 2 weeks after it has been released.
    The game was very challenging and fun.
    There were even GM's to get in touch if u had a problem

now in 2014 the game has bugs and glitches everywhere.
    Many things aint even fixed, example the letter wich is 2 months already
    the rubberbanding in FSP and more

so as a veteran player i can only say this:

stop adding ****** bull**** and start fixing the gameb:angry
    this game is getting worse and worse, whats next?
  • Redoubt - Harshlands
    Redoubt - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Congrats PW...

I am forced to re-download and at this rate it will be another 72 hours. That's right. 72 or more. I didnt delete anything. I logged into game same as usual. Your game blocked stuff.

Good job at losing customers.

I appreciate the new stuff in Primal, fashion. But fix stuff first. Broken quests, santa spam and DC stuff.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What the Heck? the "ORGINAL PWI Launcher was better
    I never had so much Trouble for 1 game Launcher like PWI Does now Thanks Thanks PW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • jednicka
    jednicka Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    nice job lol u *** all lol naw i need reinstal all game good job
    b:angry
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2014
    is there anyone from the tech reading this? game wont start for me even after re installing both arc and game several time - it started just fine before 2nd april, no files are under quarantine, i can install again but im so sure same thing will happen.
    Fortune favors the brave

• Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver
    Hot_Legs - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have uninstalled both arc and pwi just to have it do the same thing when I reinstalled them.
    This is what Arc sent back as a reply to my report.

Since you already have the game installed on your computer, no need to redownload it again. To add it manually, first off log in into Arc> click on " Add Games" > "Add an existing game" (locate your PWI exe file) > Launch and enjoy.

In addition, adding exclusions to Arc and PW folder on your anti -virus system to help launch the game successfully.

For more information about this issue:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1683341&page=2

You guys can try this if you want but all I'm saying is it didn't work for me. It doesn't say what file I'm supposed to add.. Do I add the Launcher or what? It seems to me like PWI is the only game that Arc is having problems with, I have WOI and Arc launches it perfectly fine.
    edited April 2014
    all this combined with arc reinstall erros now, anyone know about this issue?
    Fortune favors the brave

• sminglefreaker
    sminglefreaker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It was a good run . . .

Guess I'm done with PWI
  • Angelic_heal - Heavens Tear
    Angelic_heal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've played PWI since 2009. Sure I take breaks, but I come back to PWI. Yesterday, when I started PWI, it did the updates as expected and I played all day. Then silly me shut down the computer for the night. This morning when I try to play PWI, it says must install arc.

I have arc, so I open arc. I click add game and add my launcher, which was the option arc gave me. When I look for it in arc, it's not there, even though I added it. I close arc and open it again and there is my launcher. I click play and it says must install pwi.

DAMMIT I have a data allowance with my internet service (and this is the only internet service available to me except dial up). It took me days of downloading to get PWI updated each new release, such as genesis and new horizons (luckily midnight - 5am is no data allowance).

I can't play today at all. To reinstall PWI will take days of downloading. b:angry

I understand that many people don't have data allowances, but many DO. It seems programmers/developers don't even think about that. They put the news clips in the launcher, and now they are forcing people to go through arc, and those things have to use extra data.

I'm not rich and I already pay $100 a month for my internet service. Now I have a game I like that I won't be able to play. Great job and thanks so much for taking the time to change a game from enjoyable and playable to a pain in the butt. b:surrender
    edited April 2014
    Arch wont install now, after many tries, has error
    Fortune favors the brave

• juliantravis
    juliantravis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hi,

Eventually i just run through ele client but this is serious problem

I have installed PWI on ARC 3 times and downloaded it 3 times and each time it wont start, even using reg fix.

update: removing arc and re installing game again wont work, and re-installing arc and keep installing pwi again wont work either - game simply wont start even after manually adding game in library

what you must do is remove antivirus if u cant even run client, then run the client

yet no resolution for arc not being installed

So my problem was that i couldn't play pwi, and all i got was a black screen and cursor. After an hour of frustrastion i figured out i can right click PWI in the arc library, and there was an option named repair. After i tried clicking it PWI showed up. hope this helps :D but alas i have to do this everytime in order to play