Leaving PWI

Crixxix - Raging Tide
Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be taking a long break from PWI. I'm at the point where I'd be buying r9, but I can't justify paying that much until something changes here. Bugs are common here, cheaters go unpunished, etc... just something we all deal with on the daily, huh?

Anyway, I'll be around on forums from time to time, and maybe I'll come back. I'll have the client on my laptop still, but in the mean time, Ima go play Titanfall on my X1. b:pleased

b:bye b:kiss
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Crixxix - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok cool, bye b:bye
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone,

I'm going to be taking a long break from PWI. I'm at the point where I'd be buying r9, but I can't justify paying that much until something changes here. Bugs are common here, cheaters go unpunished, etc... just something we all deal with on the daily, huh?

Anyway, I'll be around on forums from time to time, and maybe I'll come back. I'll have the client on my laptop still, but in the mean time, Ima go play Titanfall on my X1. b:pleased

well the world is a ton less perfect than perfect world. I think most of us just over look some of this, or just ignore; ignorance is bliss as they say. Makes the world seems a little more perfect, though its far from it.

I'm just getting tired of all the dailies, that I don't even seem to bother to try and care about them. Can't even enjoy playing multiple toons when i got a giant list of things to do on each, just to get them to par with the average player.b:surrender

+ the PWI really screwed thing with the rebirthing and Spirit. Now, for any new players to get to "end-game" they need to hit 100 atleast 3 times, do tons of dailies and farm tons of gears, cards, nuemas, etc...
    So even though i got my friend to join the game and start playing with me, there is so much ramp for him to catch up to end-game and be a beneficial player in TW and NW and other end-game activities including some of the primary dailies - UCH & FSP. b:cry
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seeya later crixx b:bye I am on the way out myself.

I'm just getting tired of all the dailies, that I don't even seem to bother to try and care about them. Can't even enjoy playing multiple toons when i got a giant list of things to do on each, just to get them to par with the average player.b:surrender

+ the PWI really screwed thing with the rebirthing and Spirit. Now, for any new players to get to "end-game" they need to hit 100 atleast 3 times, do tons of dailies and farm tons of gears, cards, nuemas, etc...
    So even though i got my friend to join the game and start playing with me, there is so much ramp for him to catch up to end-game and be a beneficial player in TW and NW and other end-game activities including some of the primary dailies - UCH & FSP. b:cry

One thing you have to realize, the people at the top will always be on the top. You can't compare toons that are near to or at end game to new players. On the dailies issue, people have been wanting more dailies for years now and it is one of the few things that was actually acted on (with a very long delay). Cards nuema and that like is made just like the rest of the game to be progressed as you level. Once you rebirth it is just a bit easier to farm the cards(nuema too if it is not already maxed)
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey everyone,

I do agree with everything you said. I didn't really get to know you well but I wish you will Crixxix.b:bye
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Farewell Crixxix, I wish you well in everything you do. :)

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks guys. As I said, I'll be around, but to be honest, I'm just burnt out on this game. I've been around for a long time, since about 2008-2009, even though I took breaks in between and such. Things need to change, and pretty drastically.

It seemed for the past several months, I just logged in, did my dailies, did TW and NW if I could, then sit on WC and troll around a bit. I'm a nice troll though. b:chuckle

Either way, I just can't justify spending over $500 on r9, and that's just the base set w/o recast, refining, and JOSD.

That $500 bought me a gaming console, and would buy me 7-8 entire games, which have real customer support and real patches and updates. Even if DLC's might cost $20, it's still way more value. I love this game, but I think if I kept going now, I'd leave for good later on. Give me anywhere from 3-6 months... in the famous words of Arnold... I'll be back. b:laugh

*Edit* Not sure if this is allowed, but if anyone wants to follow my works in the gaming industry in general, you can visit my YT page @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgjrUj6yxPdHyyBQh-NZx7Q

If this isn't allowed, just snip this part. I'm not sure, it's been awhile since I been on the forum rules lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm at that point to. I've thought about cash shopping r999, but I smack myself in the face everytime. So instead, I've decided to slowly farm it and get it around 3 weeks before the next level gear comes out, leaving me behind and broke again.

Tis life of a Free to play player though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm at that point to. I've thought about cash shopping r999, but I smack myself in the face everytime. So instead, I've decided to slowly farm it and get it around 3 weeks before the next level gear comes out, leaving me behind and broke again.

Tis life of a Free to play player though.

Glad to know you've seen the light.

F2P R9r3 is best R9r3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad to know you've seen the light.

F2P R9r3 is best R9r3.

This isnt your morai server where everything is cheap as hell. Needed 487m for just gsts for my weapon in the sale that just expired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone,

Goodbye Crixxix.. With Regret i also am taking my Leave the adding of arc has made resources use on my pc to much to run the game without continual non stop lag. i dont see the logic of spend $2000
    on a new pc to run a PWE games when i can play other games that have better graphic/game play with less resource use and can be balanced out without spending thousands of dollars on it.

by pushing arc on to us they have regretfully made this game unplayable for me and most likly other players who dont have thousands of dollars to invest in machines needed to run smoothly with all the extra resource use. i guess ill be returning to ffxi soon sense i can play it without lag and without having to spend thousands of dollars to have a fair and balanced game.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i dont see the logic of spend $2000
    on a new pc to run a PWE games when i can play other games that have better graphic/game play with less resource use and can be balanced out without spending thousands of dollars on it.

I laughed. Never seen a statement that yelled "I got no clue" that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    I laughed. Never seen a statement that yelled "I got no clue" that much.

hey troll .. i have more of a clue then you think.. and if you dont like what i have to say click back and go read somthing else.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...Why do players feel the need to make their goodbyes known to everyone instead of just messaging their closest friends/acquaintances? If you're still going to be visiting the forums then you're technically still "here" anyway as only those who know you in-game will really note your absence.

581908__safe_solo_animated_sweetie+belle_screencap_hubble_unamused_for+whom+the+sweetie+belle+toils_spoiler-colon-s04e19_loop.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    hey troll .. i have more of a clue then you think.. and if you dont like what i have to say click back and go read somthing else.

Nope, you don't :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chaisse - Raging Tide
    Chaisse - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ...Why do players feel the need to make their goodbyes known to everyone instead of just messaging their closest friends/acquaintances? If you're still going to be visiting the forums then you're technically still "here" anyway as only those who know you in-game will really note your absence.

581908__safe_solo_animated_sweetie+belle_screencap_hubble_unamused_for+whom+the+sweetie+belle+toils_spoiler-colon-s04e19_loop.gif

My point exactly. Why make a big deal out of it. Just leave and let your close friends know you are going.

I have a friend who did this and sent a ticket advising why she quit the game. Kudos to her.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    My point exactly. Why make a big deal out of it. Just leave and let your close friends know you are going.

But that doesn't give them as much attention. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tindie - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Nope, you don't :p

well.. what ever you think you know about me your worng..ive playedPerfect world long before PWI was ever released.. and could care less what you think.. if you have a problem with what i have to say .. the back button is still an option.. you can click and leave.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well.. what ever you think you know about me your worng..ive playedPerfect world long before PWI was ever released.. and could care less what you think.. if you have a problem with what i have to say .. the back button is still an option.. you can click and leave.
    >Calls someone a troll
    >Claims to not care about what they think
    >Continues replying to said "troll"

338656__safe_oc_animated_cute_queen+chrysalis_vulgar_fluffle+puff_artist-colon-mixermike622_boop_ask+fluffle+puff.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|