PWI without Arc

Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver
Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Chronicles
Today after i started PWI after i always do with the element Client the game updated and was ready to play, arc didnt start or anything and i log in just fine also and can dual log also b:victory b:victory

PWI Patch Notes v779 - Released April 1st, 2014

Arc
Arc is now fully integrated into PWI. Launching the game will now also launch Arc.
Post edited by Grimmjow_X - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• blood23war
    blood23war Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup same thing xD i think gms are just trolling, telling people you cant run this game with out arc so everyone goes and downloads its lol.
  • buffingme
    buffingme Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Looks like you can open PWI without arc the first time it updates but after you close it and try to open it again you will need arc.
    Good Luck
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    buffingme wrote: »
    Looks like you can open PWI without arc the first time it updates but after you close it and try to open it again you will need arc.
    Good Luck
    Only if you launch it by patcher without using workaround string.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axiz01
    axiz01 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i have arc and pwi_en in my computer but not installed.. i jsut copied the files from other computer...at first after updating pwi ran perfectly...but after i logged of and try to log in again pop-up appear saying i have to install arc...so i installed it...after installing...and added current game... arc still wants me to download pwi again even though i have the pwi udated files..can someone help plsb:surrender
  • MissRae - Lost City
    MissRae - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will never install this stupid Arc thing I refuse to run anyone's BLOAT-ware ARC can kiss my butt Pando can kiss my butt and now so can Perfect world management in their infinite Stupidity I am done until they come their senses and stop forcing needless bloated unreliable bull **** no one wants..
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +cough+ startbypatcher +cough+ xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So basically after today, just only use the patcher for patching? And just start the game via the elementclient every time like you're going to multi-client. Do I have this right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Lluan - Heavens Tear
    Lluan - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I patched pwi and played via elementclient, closed it down and opened it via elementclient again.

Now I'm forced to use arc now b:angry
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So basically after today, just only use the patcher for patching? And just start the game via the elementclient every time like you're going to multi-client. Do I have this right?

That is how it worked for me. I was already logged into Arc when the servers came up, and it loaded flawlessly after patch update.

Then, on a tip from someone in server, I opened the Task Manager on my system, forced out of Arc, and loaded the game right up. No Arc required.

My laptop, and my husband's computer, both just ran the patch update and went straight to loading the game without Arc at all. Even tried dual-clienting and didn't have any issues.

Wow, even when PWI screws up they can't get it right? Or, was all of this hoopla for a belated April Fool's Joke?
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Could u explain any workaround step by step? Cause i got the same case than OP, ive launched using the elementclient.exe, the game did the update, I was able to log on the game, then i had to close it. Now it ask for arc it doesnt matter from wich .exe i try to launch the game (element or patcher its the same).

i would like to know any workaround before i get no more options that just uninstall this and move back to my previous game.
    edited April 2014
    Could u explain any workaround step by step? Cause i got the same case than OP, ive launched using the elementclient.exe, the game did the update, I was able to log on the game, then i had to close it. Now it ask for arc it doesnt matter from wich .exe i try to launch the game (element or patcher its the same).

i would like to know any workaround before i get no more options that just uninstall this and move back to my previous game.
    This should help...
    Ok, just tested this on one of my PC's.
    PWI is installed, Arc is not.

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    3. Start client by patcher.
    4. Prompted by message "You need to install Arc To start the game" Options are Install and Quit.
    5. Clicked Quit.
    6. Start client with elementclient.exe.
    7. Play game.

Alternative method.
    3b. Start patcher with workaround string.
    4b. Patcher loads with no Arc message, click Start to play.

So, it's pretty easy to run PWI without Arc needed. At least, it is for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Opened game, didn't need arc.

Closed game and opened again, didn't need arc.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've done all the stuff everyone says but it's still prompting me to down load that Arc **** if I want to play. So that's it for me then PWI, I'm quitting and so will a lot of people. Nice job trying to force your crappy Arc down everyone's throat. Arch sucks ****, it cause even more lag then your game already had, it's not user friendly at all, so why would anyone want to use it? Besides I do not want to use it for other reasons, as I do NOT want your spyware and tracking cookies on my computer. I put it on my laptop for a while and had my anti-spyware go nuts with all the **** you want to put on my computer, no thank you. So I guess you and your company just lost another gamer to your stupidity.
    edited April 2014
    I've done all the stuff everyone says but it's still prompting me to down load that Arc **** if I want to play. So that's it for me then PWI, I'm quitting and so will a lot of people. Nice job trying to force your crappy Arc down everyone's throat. Arch sucks ****, it cause even more lag then your game already had, it's not user friendly at all, so why would anyone want to use it? Besides I do not want to use it for other reasons, as I do NOT want your spyware and tracking cookies on my computer. I put it on my laptop for a while and had my anti-spyware go nuts with all the **** you want to put on my computer, no thank you. So I guess you and your company just lost another gamer to your stupidity.
    Arc doesn't cause lag. At least, not if you're on something better than dial-up and have a PC with average specs manufactured over the past 6 or 7 years.

It's plenty user friendly, you just need a small amount of common sense.

It also doesn't have any more tracking cookies than many of the usual websites you visit. I'm using MalwareBytes Anti Malware and BitDefender's Anti Spyware (which is considered to be the #1 anti spyware software), and neither one of them are throwing up flags about Arc.

The only one showing any stupidity here is the uninformed making silly statements. Looks like it's time to dust off the old IBM/Lenovo T23 laptop and show you guys how stupid some of your statements are. (Yeah, look up the specs for that, it will run PWI, and I'm willing to bet I can do it with Arc without any impact on performance.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Charlyharper - Raging Tide
    Charlyharper - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mi problem is not w stupid forced program and **** like that ..i refuse to install pwi againg cous stupid arc wont show as installed and wont do ... wtf is wrong
    edited April 2014
    mi problem is not w stupid forced program and **** like that ..i refuse to install pwi againg cous stupid arc wont show as installed and wont do ... wtf is wrong
    What's wrong is that you haven't run the registry repair tool correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remwr
    remwr Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i just uninstall arc and all run ok.
  • rockelee
    rockelee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seriously am the only one having problem with arc why lagin into 2 account be4 play do this make any sense pwi lets go back to normal days arc is **** now i cant play normal launcher without arc and arc keep re download over pw i don't got time for that if so.
    edited April 2014
    rockelee wrote: »
    seriously am the only one having problem with arc why lagin into 2 account be4 play do this make any sense pwi lets go back to normal days arc is **** now i cant play normal launcher without arc and arc keep re download over pw i don't got time for that if so. am quitting this game fu.ck u pw and all of u GM
    So, what I'm getting from this post is....
    rockelee wrote: »
    soseriouslyicantbebotheredtotypeproperlyorusepunctuationbecauseijustwanttoannoytheliving****outofeveryonethattriestoreadthisbutbasicallyimsayingimtoostupidtoreadthenumerouspoststhatcouldhelpmeandimtoolazytostepupandaskforhelpsoimgoingtoleavehtegamenowbecauseimanablooser
    Damn, typing that was harder than it looks. I really don't get why these nabs think it's cool to not use punctuation when they whine and cry.

Good riddance. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well not gonna try if I can start PW in general without Arc, as long as I can kill it with fire - uhm - with the taskmanager I will remain "silent" about this crappity-crappy **** and only run it when there is another bigtime bonus code available (2 Dreamchaser Packs minimum!). For those who need to use the taskmanager too: Check the process list carefully, there might be more then one Arc-related process, for example Arc_OS_Overlay. This one keeps running even after the main Arc process is killed and has to be killed seperatly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    okay so i updated everything this morning and i could play the game fine, now i heard that once i closed the client id have to run arc first, curious i just closed the client and tried to relaunch it without arc.

Well it doesnt open, like at all. i have a nice pop up saying this program will make changes to your system, i click yes and nothing happens. This happens for the patcher the launcher and the element. So because i dont actually care about arc i launched arc and tried to launch pwi from there. But alas, it didnt do anything.

If anyone could provide a solution for me id be very grateful, i wanna put my shop back up b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc doesn't cause lag. At least, not if you're on something better than dial-up and have a PC with average specs manufactured over the past 6 or 7 years.

It's plenty user friendly, you just need a small amount of common sense.

It also doesn't have any more tracking cookies than many of the usual websites you visit. I'm using MalwareBytes Anti Malware and BitDefender's Anti Spyware (which is considered to be the #1 anti spyware software), and neither one of them are throwing up flags about Arc.

The only one showing any stupidity here is the uninformed making silly statements. Looks like it's time to dust off the old IBM/Lenovo T23 laptop and show you guys how stupid some of your statements are. (Yeah, look up the specs for that, it will run PWI, and I'm willing to bet I can do it with Arc without any impact on performance.)
    Sly i know you are a great wiz with this stuff.. but i didnt lag prior to this and now with arc running in the background it is causing me to lag really bad. i think this whole thing is dumb.. there no need for it..all it is a bloatwear and has no place on my pc.. if they cant acept that i dont want it and allow everyone to play without it then they dont want my money or my company anymore.
    edited April 2014
    Sly i know you are a great wiz with this stuff.. but i didnt lag prior to this and now with arc running in the background it is causing me to lag really bad. i think this whole thing is dumb.. there no need for it..all it is a bloatwear and has no place on my pc.. if they cant acept that i dont want it and allow everyone to play without it then they dont want my money or my company anymore.
    I really don't get why you guys are "getting lag" with Arc. I've tested it on multiple systems and it's had little to no impact. Worst case was that the client to 20 seconds longer to load.

You're happy to follow my instructions for running without it though b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheryl1991
    cheryl1991 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok the last time i tried to down load that arc **** it crashed my computer i dont trust it at all why are they insisting we play thru arc i dont want to play thru arc i dont trust it this is stupid. they are going to chase a lot of people from the game with this ****
    edited April 2014
    cheryl1991 wrote: »
    ok the last time i tried to down load that arc **** it crashed my computer i dont trust it at all why are they insisting we play thru arc i dont want to play thru arc i dont trust it this is stupid. they are going to chase a lot of people from the game with this ****
    If merely installing Arc crashed your PC, you have much bigger issues going on there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheryl1991
    cheryl1991 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If merely installing Arc crashed your PC, you have much bigger issues going on there.

no my computer was fine until i went to install the arc **** and why they insist on forcing us to play thru arc when its not necessary to use is stupid i know other players whon have had major issues with arc there is no need for it . and while others may have loads of money to be able to replace their computers everytime i dont and if i down load this **** and it crashes my computer is pwi going to replace it for free? i doubt it and i know it was arc that caused the crash because it was the last thing i downloaded before it crashed and the tech said what ever the last download was caused the crash and that was pwis garbage arc ****
    edited April 2014
    cheryl1991 wrote: »

no my computer was fine until i went to install the arc **** and why they insist on forcing us to play thru arc when its not necessary to use is stupid i know other players whon have had major issues with arc there is no need for it . and while others may have loads of money to be able to replace their computers everytime i dont and if i down load this **** and it crashes my computer is pwi going to replace it for free? i doubt it and i know it was arc that caused the crash because it was the last thing i downloaded before it crashed and the tech said what ever the last download was caused the crash and that was pwis garbage arc ****
    Just because you think it was fine, doesn't mean it actually was. If you'd care to start a thread in Tech Support with detailed information, I'll be happy to help. Or you can just QQ and quit. It makes no difference to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Ok, it's time for some clean up.

Post any other things about Arc to the stickied thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311

No need for all of these arc threads.
This discussion has been closed.