Multiclient after the Arc integration

Options
Dami_ - Heavens Tear
Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Good day people

After the complete integration of PWI to the Arc launcher; maybe some of us have had a little problem opening the second cliend for use dual client, so i have decided to make this little guide on how make the multi client works properly.

One don't have to be a genious to notice it, if you have already instaled Arc and tried to open the game from the old launcher; it will redirect you to Arc launcher. So what is the problem?
The problem is, if you try to open a 2nd client from the old launcher; it will redirect you to Arc, and it will show you the message that let you know that there is already a client open.

What can i do then?

It is simple. First go to the directories where pwi is instaled. The folder where the game is, is named PWI_en (when your game is instaled on english). Then you looks for the folder named element. In element you will find the game client under the name of "elementclient.exe". Run "elementclient.exe" for can open your second client with no problems.

I recomend create a shortcut of elementclient.exe to your desktop for a faster acces to the game, and don't need to keep opening the folder each time that you need to acces elementclient.exe.

If anyone that already have the game instaled dowloaded Arc, and it don't recongnise that you already have the game isntaled. You can go to this forum for solve the issue http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311
Post edited by Dami_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I dual client without any problem with Arch, don't have to make a shortcut either.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    First thing I checked when I logged in. b:surrender
    Works perfectly fine!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    funny, I launch the launcher, updates the game and never installs ARC at all. I can multi-client just fine. For me, nothing happened.
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    funny, I launch the launcher, updates the game and never installs ARC at all. I can multi-client just fine. For me, nothing happened.

The world of players of PWI is divided like this :

A. The part that can play like they always did , the only thing is updating client

B. The part that can log in through Arc but cant dual at all

C. The part that can log in through Arc and can dual.

D. The sad part that can't play atm, teh Arc or no Arc isnt working for them.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've not run into any issue with Arc launching when running the game myself. In fact, I don't use the "patcher/launcher" icon. I suppose things depend on how old your install is. I don't recognize the path you listed above Dami, as my installation is located in a different path. For clarification, I had once upon a time uninstalled PWI (around about 2012ish I think) and when I came back to the game, the only way to get it was to use Arc to download the game. I think, if I recall correctly - the only (obvious to the novice computer user) way to launch the game was through the arc client. Seeing as how I didn't like arc running in the background eating resources I just went to the install directory and made the shortcut to elementclient.exe on my desktop. Running the game from there would bring up the patcher (whereas in the old days on my first install, it would not launch the patcher). Now, after the "integration", the same method of launching the game works for me, and arc is not forced to open. I'm wondering if you have tried to launch the first client straight from elementclient.exe (not through the launcher or arc itself) and what were the results of such action.

For reference, my own install is located at:
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element

For me, arc is just an old download manager and a tool to claim blessings - which is all I really want it for.

edited for clarification: running a second client is possible on my install perfectly fine. executing elementclient.exe a second time will not bring up the launcher - it just goes straight to the client window.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »

upon launching the launcher the 2nd time, it now forces me to install this piece of "you know what" so you know what I am doing.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Long story short....

Dual-clienting has not changed.

Just run elementclient.exe like you always have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • automation87
    automation87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No ARC for me either :D My install is very old, 2008 or so? I was worried for nothing, PWI cannot even implement features correctly so why did I think they could implement ARC b:chuckle

silly me,, worried for nothing b:kissb:bye
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've not run into any issue with Arc launching when running the game myself. In fact, I don't use the "patcher/launcher" icon. I suppose things depend on how old your install is. I don't recognize the path you listed above Dami, as my installation is located in a different path. For clarification, I had once upon a time uninstalled PWI (around about 2012ish I think) and when I came back to the game, the only way to get it was to use Arc to download the game. I think, if I recall correctly - the only (obvious to the novice computer user) way to launch the game was through the arc client. Seeing as how I didn't like arc running in the background eating resources I just went to the install directory and made the shortcut to elementclient.exe on my desktop. Running the game from there would bring up the patcher (whereas in the old days on my first install, it would not launch the patcher). Now, after the "integration", the same method of launching the game works for me, and arc is not forced to open. I'm wondering if you have tried to launch the first client straight from elementclient.exe (not through the launcher or arc itself) and what were the results of such action.

For reference, my own install is located at:
    C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element

For me, arc is just an old download manager and a tool to claim blessings - which is all I really want it for.

edited for clarification: running a second client is possible on my install perfectly fine. executing elementclient.exe a second time will not bring up the launcher - it just goes straight to the client window.

Ok. Before Arc, when i started the game from elementclient.exe it use to open directrly the game without open the launcher first. After arc open from elementclient.exe use to open the game launcher anyways. After the Arc integration it back to whait it was before; opening the game without open the launcher first.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I did like everyone said and went ot elementclient(I have Windows 7) and I dual cliented for like 1 minute, logged out. The game had updated. Now I CAN'T dual client, brings up Arc. I want a simple workaround, english please, if anyone has one, thank you. Or I'll just uninstall Arc and do a restore, IDC. I don't have time for this ****. And there was no way i could get into the game without it bringing up a new game version. Good EFFIN job PWI, PWE, ARC, whatever! b:angry Thank you for making things more difficult. I will miss certain people here, but it may just be good bye, maybe just check-in once a day, IDK. But **** the endless Mirage Sky, nuema runs (I can't get done now anyhow), e ven the scrambling to get in at least 5 toons for check-in, it's endlessand insane, thanks alot PWI. I am one of those who have NEVER, and NEVER will pay a freakin dime on this game, BUT I am one of many who help make this game happen, keep it moving, my friend list is full, my experiences in game are many and it has been fun. I don't feel like searching through these forums for an hour just to find a walk around I can understand. On that note, have a great day(it's sunny out and spring is here). b:bye
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I did like everyone said and went ot elementclient(I have Windows 7) and I dual cliented for like 1 minute, logged out. The game had updated. Now I CAN'T dual client, brings up Arc. I want a simple workaround, english please, if anyone has one, thank you. Or I'll just uninstall Arc and do a restore, IDC. I don't have time for this ****. And there was no way i could get into the game without it bringing up a new game version. Good EFFIN job PWI, PWE, ARC, whatever! b:angry Thank you for making things more difficult. I will miss certain people here, but it may just be good bye, maybe just check-in once a day, IDK. But **** the endless Mirage Sky, nuema runs (I can't get done now anyhow), e ven the scrambling to get in at least 5 toons for check-in, it's endlessand insane, thanks alot PWI. I am one of those who have NEVER, and NEVER will pay a freakin dime on this game, BUT I am one of many who help make this game happen, keep it moving, my friend list is full, my experiences in game are many and it has been fun. I don't feel like searching through these forums for an hour just to find a walk around I can understand. On that note, have a great day(it's sunny out and spring is here). b:bye
    Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.b:chuckle

On a side note, if you've followed my instructions to use the startbypatcher command string, then you won't have that issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.b:chuckle

On a side note, if you've followed my instructions to use the startbypatcher command string, then you won't have that issue.

Okay, so, is that the PWI without Arc string, which string please? And like I said, IDK yet. It's frustrating, to have to search around here just to play this game the way I'm used to, like so many other people.
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Long story short....

I did that, i.e. PerfectWorld>PWI>element>elementclient, etc. GTG, hope someone has another solution, but like i said, Arc took over my files.

By the way, I love this game, like so many other people, but it has changed.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I did that, i.e. PerfectWorld>PWI>element>elementclient, etc. GTG, hope someone has another solution, but like i said, Arc took over my files.
    Arc doesn't "take over" anything, aside from being launched by the patcher.

Read here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Long story short....

you think some of the problem lies in the part where some players uninstalled arc previously? which might have screwed up what was suppose to be a nonchange factor. (like for us, thers pretty much no diff. ARC works fine as well as multiclient but we also didnt uninstall arc once we DLed it before, unlike some others out there)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Im still logging in PWI the old way o.o

Exit and open again, you will have an auto update and the "fabled" ARC ****.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you think some of the problem lies in the part where some players uninstalled arc previously? which might have screwed up what was suppose to be a nonchange factor. (like for us, thers pretty much no diff. ARC works fine as well as multiclient but we also didnt uninstall arc once we DLed it before, unlike some others out there)

Yeah I'm thinking one of the early Arc installs may have toasted the registry keys. Will look into it more this weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    A friend shared a simpler solution(or at least explained how to do it more simply), so here goes: start game, it will bring up arc sign in, so sign in, it will bring you to the main character screen, minimize. Go to start menu, computer, C drive, PerfectWorld, element, elemntclient(DON'T double click), pick, right click, create short cut, then drag shortcut to desktop, then double clik and it will go directly to log in screen. I have Windows 7, so that is how I had to do it. The old way was to using a second user as administrator. Anyhow, wanted to share that in a plain english, more easily understood, step by step solution, which someone shared with me. Nothing fancy.
    Long story short....

Well, depends on how you managed to dual-client before. And I may have mistakenly said arc took over, but it is definitely integrated. And actually it's much easier to dual-client this way, you can have both clients in your task bar, on the same user.
    ...On a side note, if you've followed my instructions to use the startbypatcher command string, then you won't have that issue.

Like someone said either in this thread or a similar thread, everyone is making all these gimmicky, complicated thingies. I am one of those people who is not real computer literate, so what does patch client mean to the average person? In an earlier post I asked for a solution in plain english and i couldn't find that on this forum(actually, I finally did find that same solution posted on anther thread, "Arc Multi Client, last page, hours after my friend told me about it. He, my friend, is computer literate and figured it out himself.). IJS, some people are used to using computer language and some are not.
    Exit and open again, you will have an auto update and the "fabled" ARC ****.

LOL, that is exactly what happened to me. At first I had both clients open as usual and then logged out and bingo, the "fabled" and infamous(dreaded by half of the inhabitants of PerfectWorld, including myself, LOL at me!) Arc "****" happened. Actually, this is probably, well is, better and more efficient as far as dual-clienting goes. So, see you all ingame.
  • bearangel
    bearangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I used that for a while and worked great still, works great on my lap top but not at all on my desk top. Any other suggestions?
  • sk921
    sk921 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    i couldn't find any Element folder in arc folder, Please help me.
    Good day people

After the complete integration of PWI to the Arc launcher; maybe some of us have had a little problem opening the second cliend for use dual client, so i have decided to make this little guide on how make the multi client works properly.

One don't have to be a genious to notice it, if you have already instaled Arc and tried to open the game from the old launcher; it will redirect you to Arc launcher. So what is the problem?
    The problem is, if you try to open a 2nd client from the old launcher; it will redirect you to Arc, and it will show you the message that let you know that there is already a client open.

What can i do then?

It is simple. First go to the directories where pwi is instaled. The folder where the game is, is named PWI_en (when your game is instaled on english). Then you looks for the folder named element. In element you will find the game client under the name of "elementclient.exe". Run "elementclient.exe" for can open your second client with no problems.

I recomend create a shortcut of elementclient.exe to your desktop for a faster acces to the game, and don't need to keep opening the folder each time that you need to acces elementclient.exe.

If anyone that already have the game instaled dowloaded Arc, and it don't recongnise that you already have the game isntaled. You can go to this forum for solve the issue http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sk921 wrote: »

This looks like a NECRO!

sk921 replied to a message that was 9 months 16 days 8 hours 15 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Options

Check the folder where you installed PWI. elementclient.exe ish among the game files.

Also...

Inb4mods(presumably Kossy)usetheirdivinepowerstoperformanexorcismonthisunholydread.

Suitable background music for exorcism

+1 post count.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
    edited January 2015
    Options

That's because you're not looking in the right spot. Read my sticky over in the Technical Support Forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.