Petition: Make PV repeatable and unlimited

Vinat - Sanctuary
Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Suggestion Box
The current design of PV is one 15 minute token per person per day with one activation to spawn mobs in one instance, and the option to get a second token from Shroud.

The common practice, which let's face it, is an exploit of sorts, is to use multiple alts to open/activate multiple instances for a single character to solo and farm in speed runs in the 15-30 min time frame.

But not everyone has a dozen lvl 100 alts, or a computer that can handle running so many clients (by the way, is this NOT still technically against the rules?), or the ability to solo multiple PV runs in such a short time frame (15-30 mins).

Essentially all the current system is doing is rewarding players who exploit the system, while severely limiting everyone else.

There are some who can get 100 mil or more exp per day in 15-30 mins of PV. Myself, I average approx 27m exp from PV daily. The conclusion is that some, exploiters, are able to lvl at an exponentially faster rate than the rest of us, all by using an exploit.

I suggest altering PV to be non-time limited, and repeatable (meaning any character can re-activate the mob spawning in a fresh, perhaps even the same PV instance). Make the mob spawning quest repeatable. Resetting the dungeon would be an acceptable necessity, as long as a character that has already "opened" PV can open it multiple times in the same day, and is not restricted by a 15 minute timer.

As already explained, there is a significant number of players who are leveling to 105-105-105 at an accelerated pace, so "we want to maintain a slower pace of leveling" is NOT an acceptable justification for not making this change.
Post edited by Vinat - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why people are so obsessed with leveling past 101, if it matters that much, might as well bring back FCC goon glitch, for a few stat points and other stuff you get from it, it`s totally not worth it to level considering the amount of effort and time it takes.
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is the most stupididest pettition ever.

I understand not everyone has a billion alts. But if they did that everyone would just spend all day in PV 105 would not be an achievement to be proud off. It will be like "Oh you finally hit 105? took you long enough."
    I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
    (Tips/advice always welcomed)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why people are so obsessed with leveling past 101, if it matters that much, might as well bring back FCC goon glitch, for a few stat points and other stuff you get from it, it`s totally not worth it to level considering the amount of effort and time it takes.

It's totally worth it if you're talking about end-game PVP.
    If you only play in PVE then it's not important and if you have a crappy stuff then it's better to farm money for gears rather than leveling. But for other people you can't say it's a "few stat points"

Back to the suggestion, I can understand the part about PV openers (I personnaly don't have enough openers and don't want to bother friends/guildmates with that). So maybe they could allow the possibility to open several times for every toon. Anyway removing the 15minutes token wouldn't be a good solution according to me.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do you assume that in order to get multiple runs you must log multiple characters?
    Personally, I have a squad of friends who run it together seamlessly (95% of the time) and we get 6-7 runs in per character in a SQUAD. Not alts, not paying people to open in order to run it solo, but in a squad.

If you are that greedy that doing mutual instances steals from your personal experience, why are you playing in an MMORPG at all? (Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing GAME - get it?)
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i love this idea yeeeeeeee make pv spameablee
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Most people on Lost City are just buying PV openers. Paying level 100+ people 200k to open PV for them. They have them all lined up before they start, then pay each person as they open a new PV.

They're not even using multiple toons of their own.
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    2 options for you

1) This being a MMO, make friends, the amount of people who dont even do PV is absurd, so if you manage to be social and charming, you can get all the openers you want, bottom line is that you are asking a couple of guildmates/friends to help you for 15 minutes, does not seem a big request unless you are highly disliked

2) On another account, create 5/10 lvl 100 chars (depending if you are going to use the shroud token or not), once all 100 make sure that are all logged off next to the pv guy and that they have taken to pv token (not activated it thoguh). After doing this make sure u have hypers, exp items , silkworms and what not. Run PV and while running it rotate between the chars of your other account. (ps: for the 6th / 7th run you can wc for someone to come open once you are inside, hence only 5-10 chars)

Also bear in mind that those who you mention (the 100 mil a day) are able to do some 7-8 runs per session, how many do you do?
    edited April 2014
    It's totally worth it if you're talking about end-game PVP.
    If you only play in PVE then it's not important and if you have a crappy stuff then it's better to farm money for gears rather than leveling. But for other people you can't say it's a "few stat points"

Back to the suggestion, I can understand the part about PV openers (I personnaly don't have enough openers and don't want to bother friends/guildmates with that). So maybe they could allow the possibility to open several times for every toon. Anyway removing the 15minutes token wouldn't be a good solution according to me.

Yeah and pvp is serious business b:chuckle, as if a few stat points it will matter, what will matter is the fattest valet and daddy`s credit card!
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited April 2014

what are you talking about? a 100+ stat points is a massive difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • SeekerJared - Sanctuary
    SeekerJared - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hmm. I think that they should make it possible to open it multiple times with one character, resetting the instance automatically somehow when you teleport out. I think the 15 minute timer should still be there, because those that have alts/etc to open it still have it, why would it be removed?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd vote to keep the 15 minute token timer but remove the limit on the number of times you can open per day. Juggling instances is inconvenient.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited April 2014
    what are you talking about? a 100+ stat points is a massive difference

It would only matter if people have similar gears, if smb. is decked out and other person has crappy gear even 100+ stats won`t save your ***. It`s all about the gear nowadays!
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    > exploit
    Lol.

> 27mil per day from PV
    Lol.

Get some friends to open for you or pay people from world chat.
    Or even go with a group and you have 6 run opens right there.

OR the best option of all....Why don't you just petition for the level curve to be revised instead of being a whining idiot just because others are getting a bigger slice of cake than you are?
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Have fun with that 10% damage reduction penalty on anybody level 104+ b:bye
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    It would only matter if people have similar gears, if smb. is decked out and other person has crappy gear even 100+ stats won`t save your ***. It`s all about the gear nowadays!

That's why I said it's probably better to farm money for gears, which doesn't mean it's not worth it...
    You don't need that much effort/time anyway, just a daily routine. We're talking about 15 minutes a day...
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Instead Of Being A Whining Idiot Just Because Others Are Getting A Bigger Slice Of Cake Than You Are?

Because *** You. I Love Cake. Cake Is Delicious.

Give Me The Whole Cake. **** Everyone Else's Hunger.
  • Kitsusha - Sanctuary
    Kitsusha - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'd vote to keep the 15 minute token timer but remove the limit on the number of times you can open per day. Juggling instances is inconvenient.

+1. Easy and constant.

Not like it'll matter in a few weeks for me personally tho ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What can I say, I'm in a one man team - Schemin' dreamin', wheeler dealin', feelin' strange - I'm in love with the scene!
    You can go ahead and chastise and blame me, but no matter what, you will never change me!
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This.

When I read the title this is what I assumed the OP was proposing. Making it actually unlimited and spammable is just absurd.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Wow, is it the weekend? So many children on the boards.

No need to sling insults over a suggestion.

As for removing the timer: it levels the playing field for those who need more time and cannot tank the whole dungeon and kill all the mobs in 1 shot with an aoe.

"Going with a squad" -- defeats the purpose. Please leave the soap-boxing about socializing out.

Most players opt for more efficient ways of playing. My suggestion is meant to streamline efficiency and equalize opportunity for all players. Allowing unlimited openings but maintaining the timer is still rewarding the few while penalizing the many. The super-geared will just fit 20 runs in and the rest of the population would still be stuck with doing very few PVs.

Unlimited activations becomes pointless without the time allotment to make use of them.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you are that greedy that doing mutual instances steals from your personal experience, why are you playing in an MMORPG at all? (Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Role-Playing GAME - get it?)
    Because they like MMO and they can run pv solo without stealing their own personal experience ;)
    I agree. That would let ppl spam it more though, since lack of alts restricts many players, but it's not a big deal anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Wow, is it the weekend? So many children on the boards.

No need to sling insults over a suggestion.

As for removing the timer: it levels the playing field for those who need more time and cannot tank the whole dungeon and kill all the mobs in 1 shot with an aoe.

"Going with a squad" -- defeats the purpose. Please leave the soap-boxing about socializing out.

Most players opt for more efficient ways of playing. My suggestion is meant to streamline efficiency and equalize opportunity for all players. Allowing unlimited openings but maintaining the timer is still rewarding the few while penalizing the many. The super-geared will just fit 20 runs in and the rest of the population would still be stuck with doing very few PVs.

Unlimited activations becomes pointless without the time allotment to make use of them.

With all due respect, I think your point regarding the timer is not valid. I mean we're talking about removing or not a 15minutes timer but anyway even if you remove it you will have a "time limitation" being that there are 24h in a day (without going that far we could talk about exhaustion time while using hyper stones)
    If some people can do more runs in 15 minutes than.some other ones, then they will be able to do more runs in 1h as well and even more in 24h
    Without any limitation those people will just be 105-105-105 even faster than now
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Eh, restrictions on instances always seem arbitrary to me.
    Subs for TT, ok not a huge deal, although I don't see the need.
    Keys for Vana, never understood that one either.
    Tickets for PV + such a short time limit + 1 activation always seemed excessive to me.
    They need to drop the pretense that they -don't- want us to spam things repeatedly until we're max cap. Especially throwing rebirths at us, might be nice to have something easy-peasy to spam if you're in the mood.
    If you want to spend your time that way, and do it legitimately without any exploit or alt army, I say go for it. I might do it more too if this was the case.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I love the Xp from the PV instance.. But seriously, I don't love it that much, I mean my god! If you want to play it that many times so you can power level, then just do what so many others already do and offer to pay PV100 openers 300k or so (per run) for each run that they open for you, its not that hard to do and you'll still get your PV Power leveling fix...b:surrender

The only thing that should be adjusted is that lame timer, so 1 can re-enter the instance until you actually get through the entire run...
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why do you assume that in order to get multiple runs you must log multiple characters?
    Personally, I have a squad of friends who run it together seamlessly (95% of the time) and we get 6-7 runs in per character in a SQUAD. Not alts, not paying people to open in order to run it solo, but in a squad.

So you do 6 runs and exp is split 6 ways.

Lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So you do 6 runs and exp is split 6 ways.

Lol?

If you can't solo it that's still a great deal :P better 100% 1 PV-run exp than none at all.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I agree with this. If PV was spammable it would crash the FC economy, we would essentially have another Nirvana instance...

By making us keep the Token, but allowing as MANY runs per token sounds more fair (Not infinite tokens).

This I can dig.

P.S. From my experience with only hypers @ level 102, PV100 got me right around 5m each run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would indeed like it if you could open it again with the same toon, removing the need for all the alt BS.

Removing the time limit enlarges the gap between those who can easilly do PV runs in 2mins a run and those that cant properly solo it even more. Many people could make themselves 105 in a few days. (it would take 30-50 hours 100-105 for the average dude who can solo 4-7 runs in 15 mins.)

PS: You dont need to log in more than 2 clients the way we do it now. In fact that is not even an option for many as their alts are on one client. I do it with a friend, together we have 6 lvl 100 toons. Just swap to open and go back to the main who needs the exp.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    With all due respect, I think your point regarding the timer is not valid. I mean we're talking about removing or not a 15minutes timer but anyway even if you remove it you will have a "time limitation" being that there are 24h in a day (without going that far we could talk about exhaustion time while using hyper stones)
    If some people can do more runs in 15 minutes than.some other ones, then they will be able to do more runs in 1h as well and even more in 24h
    Without any limitation those people will just be 105-105-105 even faster than now

This is a straw man.

Removing the time limit enables everyone to do it as often as they wish and level at the pace they choose being limited only by their time spent in game or the capabilities of their gear. That's the point.

Certainly some would spam the instance and reach 105-105-105 in a matter of days -- but they would not be achieving this through means unavailable to most of the server population: multiple alts, the ability to pay others to open, the ability to run 12-20 runs in 15-30 minutes.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aka. people just want stuffs done faster >.>
    why dont we add "Rare Candy" into the game as well?
    This is a test
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is a straw man.

Removing the time limit enables everyone to do it as often as they wish and level at the pace they choose being limited only by their time spent in game or the capabilities of their gear. That's the point.

Certainly some would spam the instance and reach 105-105-105 in a matter of days -- but they would not be achieving this through means unavailable to most of the server population: multiple alts, the ability to pay others to open, the ability to run 12-20 runs in 15-30 minutes.

If that's what you want to achieve here might as well make the Undercurrent Hall-quests unlimited times repeatable getting your Primal Bloods all in one day, make all Morai daily quests available and no longer limited to 2 p/day, as people would still achieve it only by mere time spent in game and capabilities of their gear to do UCH one after another.

Removing any restriction for Phoenix Valley sounds more like one of those old threads where people complained about Morai giving too little prestige/influence and getting skills was taking too long: "I want it and I want it now!" was the motto there.

Getting 105-105-105 is one of the longest/hardest goals there is atm (getting r9r3 is even easier) so it's obviously meant to be something for the long run. Making PV an unlimited grindfest would absolutely shatter that.