Cannot Log In After Maintainence? Read Here Before Panicking! U Must Use Arc.

biseptolica
biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
People, please be aware that after maintainence you will not be able to log in the usualy way u did until today. Use Arc for that.

Read here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1682831

AND READ HERE : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311
tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
Post edited by biseptolica on

Comments

• condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sorry bud, but if they can read your thread, they already know.
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    They will come after maintainence , many of them. With hundreds. And they will open milions of threads. I want to prevent the avalanche.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Neotanium - Archosaur
    Neotanium - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can assure you I will login as usual after the servers are back online. The fact arc launches in the background changes nothing for me. I am still lauching the exact same way after applying the update.
    So your statment is incorrect and seems your the one panicking.
    Just get the servers back up already.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can assure you I will login as usual after the servers are back online. The fact arc launches in the background changes nothing for me. I am still lauching the exact same way after applying the update.

he is not panicing, he just tried to prevent the usual storm of QQ and rage.

but yeah, seems they either didnt get arc to work or changed their mind, i updated the game via the launcher, started it and arc didnt even open o0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They will come after maintainence , many of them. With hundreds. And they will open milions of threads. I want to prevent the avalanche.

Noble efforts indeed, but there is no stopping that kind of rage. The anger will be too strong. Their thirst for retribution will engulf us all.

Gather your women and children and flee for the hills while you still have time.

b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I did the same but it automatically connects you to arc now to stop the double log ins -,-

Although it will stop botters, it's screwed me because i had one for buffs/catshop while i played on my main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I auto updated the client as usual yet I don`t even have the slightest trace of Arc on my PC, and I can play as usual, the auto update din`t instal ARC (not sure if it was suppose to), so for now I`m happy, can dual client and so on! On laptop I have ARC but again it`s not even used while playing the game, no idea what happened but hell I`m not complaining!
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    idk what you talking about. I DONT have arc installed. I made the regular auto patch, and logged in as always. No Arc or anything...
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    It seems the tsunami is not coming after all b:victory

Loging in and playing is smooth and Arc isn't bother me also.

Keep it like that and we all be happy, dear PWE.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I am now installing Arc, as the opening log-in requires it.

If, as someone suggested above, you can no longer duel client that will be it for me. I use my veno to assist other chars and if I cant do that then everything will be stymied due to lack of players available to assist.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It seems the tsunami is not coming after all b:victory

Loging in and playing is smooth and Arc isn't bother me also.

Keep it like that and we all be happy, dear PWE.

Until it turns out to be a glitch and at the next maintenance it will be somewhat "fixed".
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    ALL GOOD - DONT PANIC

Okay I installed arc and tried to log in, and it said I need to install the game.

I then used the registry fix at the start of this thread and it didn't work.

I then EXITED arc, which updated the registry I'm guessing.

I then logged in using the LAUNCHER and it opened no problem

I then logged in again using the LAUNCHER and it said I couldn't.

I then logged in using the CLIENT (not the launcher) and it worked np

So multiclienting works fine.
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    went straight to the launcher and patched and got in=game without ever opening arc
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Aleene - Dreamweaver
    Aleene - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I pached from link and when i try to open the game (via launcher or exe file) arc pops out and wants me to install the game. arc and game are in the same folder. i tried registry fix and it did't help. Restarted pc, and still same problem.
    EDIT.
    15 minutes later magically works
  • Licancura - Archosaur
    Licancura - Archosaur Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, I had Arc before this update and it was working fine, now I just can't log in with any method but I guess it's because my antivirus said it removed a spyware, it takes me back when after an update I couldn't log in for some days (or weeks? don't remember b:chuckle), that time I had to download the whole game again, not sure if I want to do that ever again, and certainly I'm not disabling my antivirus. :/
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have already posted about this problem but can't find my post now!!! After using arc to log in my antivirus removed somethinfg which meant I could see arc ,read forums etc but not launch the game either from arc or element. I therefore downloaded the game in Arc and tried again. As soon as I pressed play my antivirus kicked in and removed a file so still I can't play . I have sent a ticket but the virus was described as Gen:Variant.Kazy.159562. Anyone know what this does?? Why are pwi using viruses?
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    It's false positive, it's not a virus.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just updated using the patcher shortcut and logged in after update like I been doing for going on 6 years..no arc neededb:bye
  • biseptolica
    edited April 2014
    I just updated using the patcher shortcut and logged in after update like I been doing for going on 6 years..no arc neededb:bye

Most of us do, BUT some say that after you close the client and reopen it, the Arc thing appear and can't play and need to do stuffs ... I didnt try to close then to reopen, I don't like to get any surprise.
  • Janinka - Dreamweaver
    Janinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kefal wrote: »
    I have already posted about this problem but can't find my post now!!! After using arc to log in my antivirus removed somethinfg which meant I could see arc ,read forums etc but not launch the game either from arc or element. I therefore downloaded the game in Arc and tried again. As soon as I pressed play my antivirus kicked in and removed a file so still I can't play . I have sent a ticket but the virus was described as Gen:Variant.Kazy.159562. Anyone know what this does?? Why are pwi using viruses?

Im also having this problem and its ******n annyoing. Im using BitDefender btw. (I found opinion that the Gen:Variant.Kazy.159562 is Vundo trojan for popups and ads. i dunno..)
    Anyway now when the file (patcher.exe) is unavailable, i cant start the game and stupid arc wants to DL the whole game again? seriously...
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People, please be aware that after maintainence you will not be able to log in the usualy way u did until today. Use Arc for that.

Read here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1682831

AND READ HERE : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1680311

This is actually not true, i loged in just like till now, not using arc at all, and its working fine :)
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AirialAce - Morai
    AirialAce - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    element client still working,so false news.
    close or remove this post plz
  • Zelial - Dreamweaver
    Zelial - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having same problem...

When ever i try and open it, wants me to download the whole game again.
    And its doing it on all my PC's
  • todream4
    todream4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thnx Kefal, I have the verry same problem!!

Reloaded game 3 times today b:shocked,
    tried to bypass my virus software, but.. it REALLY is convinced PWI's patcher is infected with Gen:Variant.Kazy.159562
    tomorrow I'll stupbornly will try a 4th time b:sad
    and see if I can start from the elementclient
    but I am pretty sure: it'll be spotted and determined as being infected...

kefal wrote: »

I downloaded from ARC, as soon as my virus scanner removes 'patcher' PWI is removed from my ARC Library, so.. I'm NOT a happy player at the moment
    b:surrender

Hope anyone has a solution...
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Just boosting this back to page one as it helped me and may help others.
  • Zymari - Archosaur
    Zymari - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I tried it the old way and it wouldn't let me. kept telling me to install arc or quit. I tried the fix for the old way but it just kept sending me to the same screen. and so I added arc and now it has been downloading pwi for 2 days and still only at 47%. WTF PWI???
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why does an antivirus security program flag files when the file wants to infiltrate and take over?

Because the file is dangerous to allow? Antivirus programs know something about the PWI files and I'm going to take this information at face value. I'm not allowing some rogue files, so until the security program deems it safe, then I'm going with the security over the untrusted agent.

Why should I trust a program with such a history of flaws? I'm over cynical in many areas of life and something tells me I'm being too cautious and cynical, yet something also tells me to look at the track record of the suspect and all I see is the suspect reaching and grabbing for financial gain over quality performance.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Im also having this problem and its ******n annyoing. Im using BitDefender btw. (I found opinion that the Gen:Variant.Kazy.159562 is Vundo trojan for popups and ads. i dunno..)
    Anyway now when the file (patcher.exe) is unavailable, i cant start the game and stupid arc wants to DL the whole game again? seriously...

Have you tried restoring the file? If it was my av, it would probably go to quarantined items, from where you can restore.
    Why does an antivirus security program flag files when the file wants to infiltrate and take over?

Because the file is dangerous to allow? Antivirus programs know something about the PWI files and I'm going to take this information at face value. I'm not allowing some rogue files, so until the security program deems it safe, then I'm going with the security over the untrusted agent.

Why should I trust a program with such a history of flaws? I'm over cynical in many areas of life and something tells me I'm being too cautious and cynical, yet something also tells me to look at the track record of the suspect and all I see is the suspect reaching and grabbing for financial gain over quality performance.

Two words: False positive.
  • mazrim87
    mazrim87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i used arc yesterday, today i didnt feel like using arc, and guess what pwi still works fine. multi client is still a pain but still doable if you know how
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Two words: False positive.

moar wurds -- justifiable mistrust

b:bored mr. blue
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift