Wrong Fac. leader change

Options
Verenor - Morai
Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
I know PWI has no way/doesn't want to forcefully change the faction leader's position to someone else, and I agree that shouldn't be done due to abusement, but! Yes there's a but.

What could be done if the Leader (A.) is promoting active person B. to Director but accidentaly makes very inactive-for-over-months-not-logged-in-person C. Leader.

Tried sofar:
- Contact C: emails not responding, several of them I think were sent and none got a reply.
- Send a ticket. Would be of use, IF ticket support reads more than "give me leadership" and reads on to the part where it states that A was promoting B to Director, but C received Leadership and C has not logged in since the Dinosaurs-age, which, I'm sure can be confirmed if PWI looked into the Last Login-date of C.

The ticket got a lousy reply in which the short answer was they're not meddling with it. To rebuild an entire faction seems an expensive "solution" to an so obvious problem.
I remember a thread not too long ago that had the same issue of an inactive leader (not wrong person promoted) and that got fixed after all, so that is why I'm giving it a try here on the forums for anyone who has an idea or suggestion on how to resolve this.

There's a cookie in it for you b:victory

If any mod/gm wants to know the specifics feel free to leave me a pm on forums

inb4trollers: This isn't about the faction I'm currently in, but it is my old and very first one so I'm looking out for it and hoping to resolve this.
Post edited by Verenor - Morai on

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You can't just mistakenly add someone as a leader, not only must you promote the person from something to director, the current lead must also abdicate their position as the leader. You can not just keep clicking promote then the director gets leader. This is probably why you got the response you received.

You would probably have better luck sending a gm a message on the forum as pwe's customer service seems to not have any type of standard they go by or just ignore it all together. Or send it to a mod to forward it to a gm.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You can't just mistakenly add someone as a leader, not only must you promote the person from something to director, the current lead must also abdicate their position as the leader. You can not just keep clicking promote then the director gets leader. This is probably why you got the response you received.

You would probably have better luck sending a gm a message on the forum as pwe's customer service seems to not have any type of standard they go by or just ignore it all together. Or send it to a mod to forward it to a gm.

Person C was Director, person B would replace C. I forgot to mention their ranks in the OP. I'll leave this thread for a day or one/two hopefully for a mod to see as well and perhaps to hear if they are willing to forward this to a GM. If no luck I'll try your advice and send a pm to one of them :)
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Person C was Director, person B would replace C. I forgot to mention their ranks in the OP. I'll leave this thread for a day or one/two hopefully for a mod to see as well and perhaps to hear if they are willing to forward this to a GM. If no luck I'll try your advice and send a pm to one of them :)

..Or you could do that now, if the issue is bad enough that messaging them is an option you're considering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Yeah more than likely will need to contact a gm, don't make the mistake we did and the days turned into weeks and turned into months having it out with customer service because they did not want to lift a finger to help. In our situation the lead quite the game and gave his/her intent to give the lead to the current director. They did not do this, so in the end the faction completely died because of this. It was drawn out so long people got tired of waiting. We went from about 150+ active members to 10 or so. By the time we got a hold of a gm the damage had been broken and recruiting was almost impossible with everyone thinking it was dead. This was back in 2009/2010 or so, so that shows you cs has only gotten worse since then.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    In my experience, a faction is on the path of death the moment the leader abdicates for any reason. On the other hand I've also seen leaders log in very rarely, and then refusing to give up leadership to the director, and the Director is forced to make a new faction. This isn't a problem if the director is well liked, and the faction populous is loyal.
  • lodez
    lodez Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Seriously, I don't think you will get any help. For a case just like mine which is absolutely genuine and also fault of PW, they have not helped me in any way.

I was faction leader of a faction and one day suddenly i could not access my account. I could login in, but the system will give me an error when trying to load my character list. Support have tried to salvage my account but to no avail.

The final solution was to copy out my characters from the existing account into a new account with all new character names.

So in this case, the faction that I owned has Leadership under the old character name, but my characters have assumed new names. The old characters still exists but they are not accessible so I can't transfer ownership to the new ones and support nor GMs could not help in anyway.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    lodez wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't think you will get any help. For a case just like mine which is absolutely genuine and also fault of PW, they have not helped me in any way.

I was faction leader of a faction and one day suddenly i could not access my account. I could login in, but the system will give me an error when trying to load my character list. Support have tried to salvage my account but to no avail.

The final solution was to copy out my characters from the existing account into a new account with all new character names.

So in this case, the faction that I owned has Leadership under the old character name, but my characters have assumed new names. The old characters still exists but they are not accessible so I can't transfer ownership to the new ones and support nor GMs could not help in anyway.

My guess in this case is that the PWE support staff don't actually know what to do to fix the problem.

If they just copied your character file over to a new account, then the file itself wasn't corrupt, and there is something wrong with the login server, or the game server. This isn't really surprising seeing how GM's can't do anything, they don't even exist anyway.

I'm also guessing that they can't figure out how to use the GM tools to remove the faction lead position and give it to the director. That function may not even be built into the PWE GM console, which I doubt. My guess is, the button is sitting right the hell there, and they can't figure out how to push it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SeksuellSame - Raging Tide
    SeksuellSame - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Had same problem. But no help from Pwi staff. Leader of the faction havent been online for years, and they still wont do lead transfer. They offerd me to start a new faction, but the name of the fac i was leader of has a genuine name,and my hope is that one day il get lead back.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SeksuellSame, they may think you want to steal faction from an owner without agreement, and that's why they didn't take part in it.

Technically they can pass lead to another character, but it requires some investigation which support is not that willing to make. If you want help from them, provide them with detailed information about actual leader character, how often it logged in, what IP it (you) used, describe how you lost your character, send your conversation with support and preferably more proves and suggestions how leadership can be retrieved without any suspicions that it is stolen.

When I dismissed my guild, theoretically anyone could demand it like that, which I would surely dislike. It's understandable that they are not eager to help without more information.

Yes, I know it's their job to find out or at least to try, but it won't hurt if you aid them from the very beginning. After all it's your character, your guild and your interest :)

Would be of use, IF ticket support reads more than "give me leadership"
    Keep repeating important info as clearly as possible. In my cases it worked if not from first time but eventually worked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Tried sofar:
    - Contact C: emails not responding, several of them I think were sent and none got a reply.
    - Send a ticket. Would be of use, IF ticket support reads more than "give me leadership" and reads on to the part where it states that A was promoting B to Director, but C received Leadership and C has not logged in since the Dinosaurs-age, which, I'm sure can be confirmed if PWI looked into the Last Login-date of C.

Main issue is to get some official to really read it and then wanting to look into the issue to judge if it's truth or an ingame politics scheme. From my experience, EU-staff support runs on a machine that sends standard replies based on terms and the GM present on forum confirmed not to read PMs there.

I see 3 things to try :

1) Try to make a weird enough ticket that passes through the machine and gets read by a person, then hope that that person will actually do something. Considering it's Morai, chances are around 5% to get a serious and positive reply.

2) Try to contact any of the GMs here, probably sprakiesoft. Out of personal experience, I can tell you they do read what you write. Especially if you put it down simple and short. It's not sure they can really do something though, but I think it's your best bet. A GM/CM here poking EU-staff has proven efficient.

3) Ask a friend ingame who speaks French to try and contact that new French-only CM (or do it yourself in French). He/She is new, so you got a fair chance he/she is still motivated enough and wants to turn the image around.

In my estimation, none of these options have a probability of success higher then 50%, but it's worth to try.
  • Jadoma - Morai
    Jadoma - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    a bump, maybe it helps. b:sad
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've actually pm'd the mods on the 2nd day on here and got a reply so I'm on the road to somewhere with this :) (not yet resolved but we're getting somewhere :P) Thread can be closed .