Mystic in PvP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm saying that the myst is not design for pvp we have only 4 ranged skills (that we can access with no major chi ) one req a charge and 2 close with slow chance of doing some dmg and healings almost any class can pass over or heals stun after stun and silence and pets when you get stun they get stun plants small chance of sleep after they kill you

Honestly that's just your opinion and this is the total opposite of mine (i think mystics is the most interesting class to play in pvp and one of the most efficient for both 1v1 or mass pvp)
    Maybe this is just not the most suited class for your gameplay, that's all...

In mass pvp this is really more difficult for a sin to have a better impact than a mystic according to me. And in 1v1 a sin could for example (i make it short) have an advantage with stealth and attacking first. But in this case mystics are one of the best class to deal with them due to good phy def, good fast dammage and only knockback available in pvp
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    to be honest, i don't really struggle to kill anything unless it out gears me by leaps and bounds

Im r9rr, +10 wep and +7 gear, around 22k pdef with level ten buffs and sage verdant, full sage with all primal skills. If i had to point out one class that i struggle with it would have to be archers, for the simple fact that most of the time im against an archer is in a mass pvp setting like tw or nw, and then only if they get the jump on me and out gear me.

my strategy for pk usually varries depending on what im fighting. For AA's i usually focus on trying to get nv on them and keep it on them, then go in for a sleep, then throw out an absoul if i can get it. Thats usually all it takes for most AA's, the ones that wouldn't kill though i go more for a "quickdraw" style of fight, where i try to keep them sealed and fall back on my channeling speed to keep them under control till i can line up debuffs and spark something brutal like nv+ absoul or Stormdance

For LA's, if i can hit them before they hit me, it rarely requires more than 2 or 3 good hits if the individual doesn't know what they're doing (on dreamweaver i'd say 95% of the sins and archers have no clue what they're doing), if they do know their class well enough to bounce back from the initial volley, i go for maybe a thicket to lock them down long enough for me to set up nv + absoul or lucky break + mist.

HA's is a whole other game though. For barbs, i go for locking out their heals with STransfusion, debuffing with everything i can throw at them, hit them with a swirling mist, then tick their charm if i can. If they survive all that, their charm is ticked, i go for a spark, rapid, then stack another mist and just start throwing everything i have at them. If the kitty survives all of that, then i just content myself with pushing with bramble and move locking with gale till someone comes to help me gank them, or they lose interest and go away.

Seekers im always careful about how i attack, because however you debuff them they can QPQ you. I approach Seekers mostly as high defense low hp barbs, opening with transfusion, trying to keep them sealed / stunned long enough for me to get in a good solid crit.

All in all though, if i fall back on self survival stalling, thats usually what it is, stalling. Its amazing what people will throw at you and put on cool down to try and kill you ("hf" apo and qpq for seekers, genie skills, hard hitting aoes, spark, et c). I'll watch my opponent while im heal cycling and once i see a good opening i'll go in for a lock then go for a kill.

I think what people underestimate about the mystic vs other casters is how a mystic actually plays. I explain it like this: pwi's mages are like swordsmen, Wizards are the warriors that wield the big heavy swords that can cut a man and horse in half, clerics are the sword and shield types that protect and attack easily, and so on, Mystics though, we're duelists with rapiers. We specialize in controlling our opponent, knocking them off balance; but when that perfect shot lines up and we see it, we optimize on it and go for the kill.

**OH and as an fyi for any mystics that didn't know ( i never see anyone else do this or even mention it) If you're in a situation where you're fairly safe and sure you won't use a def apo (such as having nv stacked on a cleric and have them asleep) if you pop a [Zooming Thunder Powder] you can get 2-3 absouls off before sleep wears off, and absoul doesn't break sleep. I've killed idk how many people because they didn't expect the 2nd or 3rd absoul out of no where.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    **OH and as an fyi for any mystics that didn't know ( i never see anyone else do this or even mention it) If you're in a situation where you're fairly safe and sure you won't use a def apo (such as having nv stacked on a cleric and have them asleep) if you pop a [Zooming Thunder Powder] you can get 2-3 absouls off before sleep wears off, and absoul doesn't break sleep. I've killed idk how many people because they didn't expect the 2nd or 3rd absoul out of no where.

I remember musing with a cleric friend that that powder would serve a purpose now that our WS gears wouldnt have so much -channeling on them. It 'finally' served a purpose in my noob opinion at the time. b:chuckle

Thanks for the tip in combination with sleep. An amazingly tasty sounding tidbit indeed!
    b:victoryb:thanks
  • Countessia - Dreamweaver
    Countessia - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm not certain why, but it still shocks me to see a post about how mystics aren't a viable class to have for a. pvp situations b. pve situations.
    Anyone that has ever had the pleasure to play with a good mystic will never doubt again.
    To be quite frank, saying a mystic isn't good at pvp is bollocks. Mystics have huge survivability, they are chi batteries, and they have great damage.
    More often than not on these threads I notice other classes commenting on how they think mystics can or can't do things.
    If we judge a fish by his ability to climb trees, they will always be seen as a failure.
    Think about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The reward of patience is patience b:heart
    Thanks to Chibiusa for the pretty siggy b:cute
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I love to use my mystic in NW simply because I can irritate opponents on it so much.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47