why people don't play the correct server?

2»

Comments

• Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Awesome that almost none of you seemed to have read the first post. No where in it did they express anything remotely xenophobic... merely irritation at trying to work in a squad with people who don't speak english on an english server. I agree with the OP on this point; it is extremely frustrating to try and organize a squad when people seemingly ignore you because they can't speak english and then the rest of the squad has to compensate for that. I do however disagree that certain regions should be blocked from accessing PWI because of language barriers though. That is just bad business.

If anything, this thread should be closed for going off topic, nothing else.

Or you can just stop squad with people if that "irritates" you so much and ask in wc "BH squad lf people that speaks english", I would pay to see what kind of blue spam you will get.

And btw how many time you have situation like that? In my 5 year of playing I maybe had 1-2 people who sad they don't speak english. Geez maybe I'm so lucky that I always have in squad people who know what they doing even if they maybe don't speak good english.

And who anymore has to "organize" squad? What is there to "organize" so badly that someone cant understand you? Every instance in pwi can be done with 3 people in squad, thats how hard it is.

And if someone who doesn't speak proper language bothers you only for that reason, sorry to inform you but you are xenophobic.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Awesome that almost none of you seemed to have read the first post. No where in it did they express anything remotely xenophobic... merely irritation at trying to work in a squad with people who don't speak english on an english server.

I disagree. Look at the title, read the 1st post.
    seriously what is the point of having east coast servers and west coast servers, when people from Brazil and other countries come to an east coast server to play. I don't get it, why not not play a different version of pwi, instead they come to an american server and speak their foreign language, and when in squad with them if you ask them to do a certian thing they 99% of the time say "I can't speak english sorry".....is there a way for maybe the pwi staff to region lock these type of people, cause it is very annoying.

Why is it not just a rant over English ?
    1) Wants to lock regions.
    2) Calls it an american server. According to his post, UK ppl shouldn't be there either.
    3) Can't even understand not everyone has a 9 to 5 job making the server timed events best in their region.
    4) How often did anyone really encounter a PvE problem that only existed over 1 persons inability to speak English ?
    5) Doesn't even know the history of how servers appeared.
    6) Just not squading would solve the issue. Idiocy is not country or language bound. This is the charm and curse of WC squads in general. Language has nothing to do with it.

It's just a hate to hate thread. There is on reasonable founding. There are just as many American idiots that make a squad fail, still nobody ever requested an IQ-test or college degree to play this game.

Seriously, every reasonable player wants more ppl in game, and there are guys wanting to kick ppl out...
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    yeah I wish I was on a east coast server now days but there wasn't much to choose from when the game came out back in sept 08,west coast has crappy ping though im in the green it just sucks to be 200-300 ping.

Other than lang issue I think everyone is learning the ALPHA language with is English the ALPHA language yes our language is ALPHA over all language.
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For those who try to excuse the dude that made this thread :

Look at the title itself : why people don't play the correct server?

Who are you to dictate the server I want and i must play in ?

Maybe i am a martian and recently came to Earth and feel like playing PWI. What's "Correct" for me ? Find me a martian server that is good for my PWI addiction.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • FaunRue - Archosaur
    FaunRue - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trands wrote: »
    I disagree. Look at the title, read the 1st post.

Why is it not just a rant over English ?
    1) Wants to lock regions.
    2) Calls it an american server. According to his post, UK ppl shouldn't be there either.
    3) Can't even understand not everyone has a 9 to 5 job making the server timed events best in their region.
    4) How often did anyone really encounter a PvE problem that only existed over 1 persons inability to speak English ?
    5) Doesn't even know the history of how servers appeared.
    6) Just not squading would solve the issue. Idiocy is not country or language bound. This is the charm and curse of WC squads in general. Language has nothing to do with it.

It's just a hate to hate thread. There is on reasonable founding. There are just as many American idiots that make a squad fail, still nobody ever requested an IQ-test or college degree to play this game.

Seriously, every reasonable player wants more ppl in game, and there are guys wanting to kick ppl out...

1) Congrats on reitterating the only thing in your list from the OP.
    2) They call it an american server because it is an american server. Dreamweaver = east coast USA
    3) They didn't mention anything about timed events.
    4) The only squad issue they brought up was the issue of communication in squads pertaining to people not speaking the server language.
    5) I seriously think you are making up reasons to validate your point here.
    6) You do realize that not squading in a game that requires it is a moot point?

Perhaps you should re-read the post as you seem to have read an entirely different one.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    @BaunRue :
    1) He doesn't want ppl from that region, even if they were to speak English like most do.
    2) Look in the ToS, the servers focus on North America. I recall several making this point when NW came up.
    3) They did, you just can't seem to really read. *points at the "they made west coast and east coast" comments*
    4) Communication issue =/= language issue.
    5) A large chunk of the mixed countries on servers is the dates servers were opened without options for server transfer. Not knowing that is just ignorance and being blind.
    6) Obviously I meant with the ppl that you don't like for language reason. In WC squads you find the best and the worst. That's common knowledge. Only going with friends and faction will prevent bad surprises.

Check the suggestion box, and you'll see you're the one not correctly reading the OP pov.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    seriously what is the point of having east coast servers and west coast servers, when people from Brazil and other countries come to an east coast server to play. I don't get it, why not not play a different version of pwi, instead they come to an american server and speak their foreign language, and when in squad with them if you ask them to do a certian thing they 99% of the time say "I can't speak english sorry".....is there a way for maybe the pwi staff to region lock these type of people, cause it is very annoying.

There are different reasons:
    - timezone is more suitable for these players (e. g. night work)
    - they started to play on these servers before their own server were published and don`t want to restart
    - US Support still offer best service

Locking servers for specific regions will not solving this issue because you endanger your own server about activity. Just think about your statement: 99% are not able to speak english. So what will left on your server at the end?

Locking people about their language is just the worst idea you could have in such issue.
    Never discriminate people just because of their language, relgion, ...
    This will be always the wrong way!

Of course, it is annoying if you are in a squad, e. g. BH EU and the none-english-speaking- person is doing everything wrong but even cant understand you. In such case, this person should not wonder to be kicked out of squad.
    But tbh, this issue I even got on multi-culti nation server Morai only one time now.

So in total, I do not understand your raging at all, I doubt your number of none-English-speakers on your server and reject your possible solutions on my personal view.
    But please put me on your blacklist, because my English is also broken ;)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Since the thread has gotten a bit off and people seem to forget or not read OP's post...

Now my opinion....

What else did you expect when you picked up, and started playing, Perfect World International?

When it was just PW-CN (China), I expected Chinese. With PW-MY (Malaysia), I expected Malasians, and figured it would be a variety of languages from that region. When I saw PWI, but hosted in the US, I expected that it would be mostly English with a large spattering of people who may speak other languages.

You target Brazilians in particular. You do realize that they are just south of us here in the US, and I would be further willing to bet that there isn't a whole lot of difference in ping between the West or East coast servers for them.

The reasons for West/East server is primarily catering the event times to the players in the US, where the game's publisher is based. (Which is mind of annoying since I live near the East servers, but started when there were only West, and really didn't feel like starting over with 4 mains and 20 alts.)

In short, the OP should just not get into random squads and make more friends. Or, you could just be more open minded. Hell, worst case, you find out they don't speak English before you're even starting the run. It's not hard. Then you say you're sorry, but there's a language barrier, and you need to find another squad.

On a final note, I've actually made a couple of good friends in Brazil, by squadding with them and helping out, even though their English wasn't very good. It's a few years later now, and their English is much better, and I'd rather play with them, than some of the people that behave like the OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is dumb. (Racism in general is)

Only thought I had about people speaking other languages in PWI was "Oh I feel bad I failed Spanish class. I should teach myself" b:surrender

The only time I even bring up the fact I have no idea what people are saying is if they rant at me in a language I don't know.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i have no words for this thread.

all i can say is that americans arent known for their brilliance, genius and politeness either, among the world community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2014

You do realize ofc your country not only doesnt have an official language but also a huge amount of ppl living in your country speak other languages. I dont think the problem here is language, because i never saw complains about players from Europe like me. The problem here has another name and its not pretty,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaunRue - Archosaur
    FaunRue - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    trands wrote: »
    @BaunRue :
    1) He doesn't want ppl from that region, even if they were to speak English like most do.
    2) Look in the ToS, the servers focus on North America. I recall several making this point when NW came up.
    3) They did, you just can't seem to really read. *points at the "they made west coast and east coast" comments*
    4) Communication issue =/= language issue.
    5) A large chunk of the mixed countries on servers is the dates servers were opened without options for server transfer. Not knowing that is just ignorance and being blind.
    6) Obviously I meant with the ppl that you don't like for language reason. In WC squads you find the best and the worst. That's common knowledge. Only going with friends and faction will prevent bad surprises.

Check the suggestion box, and you'll see you're the one not correctly reading the OP pov.

1) Like I said, you reiterated this point, or rather, I don't disagree.
    2 & 3) Firstly, where in this:

is anything mentioned about timed events?

And second, obviously (I would think) the events on a North American server are going to be centered around North American time zones.

4) And since you seem to want to argue semantics on this, the OP mentions 'they' and 'them' which could be taken as both plural and singular so you originally referencing 1 person may not be accurate. If the former, it would invalidate your point.

5) Regardless of server deaths and births, the OP is irritated about people in squads not speaking english on an english server. Therefore I don't see how that has relevance since that doesn't apply to everyone as that isn't why they all play on their server.

6) I am not entirely disagreeing with you here but even people in large, active factions with an extensive friend list has had to resort to world chatting for a squad/ squad members before. I think it would be an even greater insult if people starting forming language specific squads as opposed to someone recklessly asking if staff can block a region.

For the record, and as I have previously stated, while I do agree with the OP on the irritation of squad members not speaking the server language, I disagree that any region should be blocked.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For all the non-native English speakers in this thread who are convinced OP is promoting Ethnic Cleansing on PWI servers (instead of merely complaining about the difficulty of trying to get thru an instance with people who don't speak the same language) I suggest you connect to PWI's Chinese servers and level a toon to 100. Let me know how much you enjoy trying to communicate.

No fair seeking out those who also speak your language - stay factionless and only join pick-up squads.

\just calm the F down, seriously
    \\I consider it common courtesy when in a foreign country to not assume everyone speaks *my* language, and do my best to speak the language of where I am.
    \\\but this game has seldom been a place where courtesy and kindness is found, so I guess that's out the window
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree that allowing server transfer would be a good thing, kinda.
    On the other hand, you'll find out pretty quick if the server you're on is right for you in my opinion, and if you're having a major problem attending events or finding squads, finding a better server in your timezone would be wise.
    I was lucky, I just joined Sanctuary because that where one of my friends was playing, and it happened to be the best time-zone for me.

But that's not even a language issue, it's a time-zone issue, and there are plenty of different countries with overlapping time-zones.
    Plus, English is a foreign language too if you're not a native speaker >.> it's just one of the most common languages used internationally.

I really don't care what language people speak or how much they understand as long as they're capable of fulfilling their roll in the squad. Understanding English in general is a good idea, for example, a Russian friend and a French friend speak English with each other because it's the language they have in common, even if they're not particularly fluent in it. It's not just for the sake of native English speakers that a general working vocabulary of the English language is convenient. It would be nice if we could all be multilingual, but not everyone has the time or the aptitude to become truly fluent.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I play on Dream weaver because i am on east coast, why should euro ppl playon east coast, they have their own server! same for russians, there is a russian pwin server, same for brazil, china, malasia...I have some friends that reportr those types of people, after all if you get 3 tickets sent in about you they will investigate, its fun to trick a BR toon into ranting someone out or breaking the rules, then the 5/6 of us just screen shot and report! LOL
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wow, some of you took this a little to far. The ones linking one person to a whole country, is just too funny. The ignorance in this thread is beyond stupid. I guess ignorance brings on more just like it.

The OPs problem is that he needs to get an active faction and run with them. Or just get over the fact he got a fail squad because he took the risks of going with random people.. It happens, so get over it.

I play on Dream weaver because i am on east coast, why should euro ppl playon east coast, they have their own server! same for russians, there is a russian pwin server, same for brazil, china, malasia...I have some friends that reportr those types of people, after all if you get 3 tickets sent in about you they will investigate, its fun to trick a BR toon into ranting someone out or breaking the rules, then the 5/6 of us just screen shot and report! LOL

You really need to go outside. Get some air and try to remember that this is just a game. While you're doing that you need to look in the mirror and try to remember how old you are. Because it feels as if you're throwing some little tantrum and getting back at your mommy for not letting you have that cookie.
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Even if you're just a troll, it's not funny. If you're not; that mean you're sicker than I thought. You should look for help. b:bye
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Wow... so not only you admit being xenophobic, but also you are trolling the GM with fake reports...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have not read all of the comments in this thread, just wanted to voice my own opinion.

In a way I understand both sides. I am personally from Finland, a country in northern Europe yet I play on Raging Tide server. Why? First of all, I started playing PWI during beta (on different server at that time ofc) and secondly I am not going to leave my friends and home just to join a server with more suitable timezones.

I am actually more than fine with US east coast server times and I can attend all the events I'd like to.

When it comes to other languages.... of course everyone are allowed to speak in their native language if they're doing something by themselves or have factions etc, but it does annoy me too when entire squad except me speaks a foreign language and I have no idea what's going on. If I say something in english, most of the time I get ignored.

Keep in mind that my native language IS NOT english, yet I use it here with everyone else. I would not play PWI if I was not able to understand what's going on.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Perfect World International(Note: not "Perfect World 'MURRICA") as well as the real world would be far better places without people like you. Believe it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    It is not against the rules to say language barriers are frustrating. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a political/racist discussion. Human beings are social animals, and being unable to communicate has well documented negative effects such as frustration. Being frustrated with the language barrier (or any other form of communication issue) in squads is a gameplay related issue, and is able to be discussed on the forums. Provided the comments do not veer into inappropriate territory. In fact sometimes strategies for dealing with these issues effectively can be gained from discussing this, for example if I do an EU with someone who doesn't speak English, I try to get them to invite an English speaking friend. I learned that tip from the forums, and have not had an issue with EU since then.

Things that are not allowable are things like:

"Americans are ignorant" or "Brazilians are idiots" "French people are the worst" etc

Making racist, ethnic, etc remarks about a specific nationality of people is inappropriate including the use of stereotypes to describe people with the intention of flaming them.

Also launching secret attacks against people on the basis of race in order to send fake tickets are a violation of PWI's rules, and encouraging such behavior is against the rules. These types of racist/xenophobic/what have you discussions are not appropriate for the forums.

Political discussions, such as your stance on illegal immigration or whether or not a country is the greatest or not.

Since this thread has included more of the latter instead of the former, I'm going to close this.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.