The Complete Arc Analasys

Options

Comments

• DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hi Sylen!
    Since you're more competent than the helpful GMs in charge of ARC, have you been able to figure out how to make ARC recognize all the installed games? Out of 5, mine doesn't recognize Jade Dynasty nor PWI, no clue why. Any insight on this?
    Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Start playing again, I'm getting bored.

I'm installing Arc/etc atm. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What's wrong with your laptop? Is the hard drive itself ok? If it is, you could always just pull out the harddrive and put it in an enclosure to hook it up to your main computer via USB and move the files over.

I'm not sure if this is the exact same one I have, since I bought mine 4 years ago, but it seems to be about the same thing:
    http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosures-hard_drive/mx-25/0-761345-77154-2.aspx

I bought it originally so I could use the hard drive from one of my dead laptops as an external, but I've found it also to be greatly handy for when I want to move data between any of my laptops to desktops, or laptops to laptops.

For what it's worth, I also use one of these for 3.5 inch drives:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/thermaltake-sata-hard-drive-docking-station-with-esata-and-usb-connection/8990443.p?id=1218007083869&skuId=8990443

Technically the last one works for both laptop and desktop drives, but I like the first one for portability reasons (fits nicely in my purse, lol).
    It's the CPU fan for sure, but I think part of the power bus might have blown also. I just need to take it apart and rebuild the fan. Problem is free time. I have an increasing number of projects and a decreasing amount of time. =P

I have the equipment to hook up the hard drive and run it in a virtualized mode. The problem is that some of the tools I will want to run, I don't want to run from my local network. Usually I'll drive to a McDonalds and use their Wifi, but I can't do that with a desktop. =P

Basically, the laptop is my hacking tool, and I try to keep it very separated from anything that can be easily traced to me.
    Hi Sylen!
    Since you're more competent than the helpful GMs in charge of ARC, have you been able to figure out how to make ARC recognize all the installed games? Out of 5, mine doesn't recognize Jade Dynasty nor PWI, no clue why. Any insight on this?
    Thanks!
    No. I had the manual edit method, but then they went off and encrypted the files.

From speaking with some of my sources though, the are implementing a way to scan for the games you already have installed, it's just not released yet.

I've got some ideas to test with the current setup, but haven't had the time to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No. I had the manual edit method, but then they went off and encrypted the files.

From speaking with some of my sources though, the are implementing a way to scan for the games you already have installed, it's just not released yet.

I've got some ideas to test with the current setup, but haven't had the time to do it.

Thanks for the reply!
    I do hope it gets implemented on the 2nd of April the latest, since out of all the PWE games I have installed, PWI is the one I play daily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ok, just an update for this....
    1. What is the status of the ability for Arc to detect and integrate games that are already installed?
    Will it be available by the time this unfinished product is forced on us?
    I mean, it was fine when I could edit the xml files and point Arc to the folders where my stuff existed, but you guys messed that up. Which is understandable. Mainly because I was pulling the download locations out so we could just skip Arc entirely for getting our software.
    1) For the most part it should be working, as in if you already have it installed, it should automatically reflect that in Arc. However, I realize that's not the case with everyone, especially for PWI. I've let the team know so they can hopefully find out what is wrong and fix it.
    2. For the people wearing foil hats, can you give any details on the type of cookies and data tracking?
    So far, I'm pretty positive it's mostly just add cookies and thing to gather system/client information for the purpose of logistics, and the social integration. Some clarification would be nice though.
    2) It's essentially the same as what your web browser tracks, nothing any different. As for data, it's only system specs should you choose to opt-in that will help us optimize Arc. Everything else works like how your game originally ran, just now it's in Arc instead of the launcher.
    3. How closely are you working with the game developers for the client's integration into Arc?
    Anyone who has been around long enough is familiar with the ability of the Wanmei developers to conveniently forget about the differences in our client version when sending patches and updates. Make a similar mistake with the Arc integration and a patch could render the client entirely useless. (At least until those of us who **** software find a workaround, again.)
    3) Pretty closely actually. The team has conference calls with them daily.
    4. Will we get the full features of Core Connect back into Arc?
    I really liked being able to connect with people I've run across, and the guild site features were really nice, especially for factions that didn't have the needs or capability to support their own websites.
    No offense, but the current functionality sucks major donkey balls.
    4) That is the plan. Probably won't happen right away, but we're working on getting everything back and more.
    5. Can you give us a straight answer on the DQ Point/Replacement status?
    Understand, we originally got the DQ system as a replacement for the fact that PW-CN has a botting issue and retaliated by nerfing shop prices and DQ item prices. The problem is that it's never worked very well, and as of almost 4 moths ago, it was supposed to be under the rug.
    There was a discussion started on a replacement, but everything appears to have been just forgotten and set aside, with a new focus on assaulting the user base with yet another product that isn't fully developed yet. (IMHO, Core connect was still in beta until it was taken offline recently.)
    At least let us know what the plans are for removal or replacement. We've had no real word on it since December and it's been almost entirely supported by us, the users, with the Arc site changes.
    5) I cannot, as I don't have the answer to that unfortunately. I know it was planned to change the system to work in Arc, but I'm not sure where it is in regards to our plans just yet.

The following was brought to my attention in another thread, but for the live of me I can't recall how posted it and now I can't find the thread either....
    IF Arc is NOT, or HAD NOT detected your already installed game clients, you can GO TO THIS PAGE, and follow the instructions to download and run the Arc Registry Repair Tool. That will basically perform the same function as the process I had **** out in the first post before they encrypted all the files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hi Sylen!
    Thanks!

Someone posted this link on the Arc integration thread. It makes Arc recognize your already installed games (and worked for me):

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

Edit: oops, didn't see Sylen posted this right above me *facepalm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm wondering how many people quit because of ARC..
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm wondering how many people quit because of ARC..
    Probably not nearly as many as those QQing would like for you to think.

On a side note...
    It has recently come to my attention that some of you folks may be having trouble downloading the registry repair tool because it's hosted on Game Front.

Because of this, I've uploaded the RegRepair.zip file to the file section of my PWI Guides website. I am not aware of any country/location restrictions there, so it should be available to all. (Why PWE didn't host this themselves, I have no clue.)

Anyway, Enjoy! It should help a lot of you who need to get Arc to recognize the locations. (FYI, I'm pretty sure Arc should be closed, and you probably want to reboot after applying the fix.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Probably not nearly as many as those QQing would like for you to think.

On a side note...
    It has recently come to my attention that some of you folks may be having trouble downloading the registry repair tool because it's hosted on Game Front.

Because of this, I've uploaded the RegRepair.zip file to the file section of my PWI Guides website. I am not aware of any country/location restrictions there, so it should be available to all. (Why PWE didn't host this themselves, I have no clue.)

Anyway, Enjoy! It should help a lot of you who need to get Arc to recognize the locations. (FYI, I'm pretty sure Arc should be closed, and you probably want to reboot after applying the fix.)

Again, thank you for providing a different download option other than gamefront, it worked just fine and now all the games are recognized!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SO basically, nothing's changed. Well, for those of us using advanced commands, nothing has changed.

All you have to do to multi-client is open elementclient.exe from the game directory. You don't even have to add any strings.

You can even still use the console to "un-freese" the client with the following shortcut

D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1

then once inside, use the tilde key (~) to open the console and type d_rendernofocus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • automation87
    automation87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Someone posted this link on the Arc integration thread. It makes Arc recognize your already installed games (and worked for me):

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

Edit: oops, didn't see Sylen posted this right above me *facepalm*

Did not work for me, and I tried it several times pointing it to the root pwi folder, launcher and element folder as well.

What does work for me is simply deleting arcsdk.dll from the launcher folder before running, then I can close ARC after the client loads. I pinned element.exe to my start menu and can load multiple clients, bypassing ARC altogether just like it did when we first patched this morning.

If anyone else is having my same problems with the registryfix, or getting multi clienting to work, then I hope this post helps :)

thank you XNOOB for the idea
  • darkraik
    darkraik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    FIRST OF ALL.... Every time i log on my account on this Website it tells me that ' For short period of time After account creation (3 days) posting.......... Disabled'.......

another thing... This Stupid ARC!!!... i don't want to Download PWI again...

Perfect world was great Without ARC.. ARC makes it slow anyway and in the end... you are only losing Players that's all..

you don't Force people to use Something they don't want to use it! that's a Rule you must never Forget Dear PWI...
    edited April 2014
    Options
    darkraik wrote: »
    FIRST OF ALL.... Every time i log on my account on this Website it tells me that ' For short period of time After account creation (3 days) posting.......... Disabled'.......
    This is an anti-spam measure that has been in place for a very long time now.

another thing... This Stupid ARC!!!... i don't want to Download PWI again...
    You don't have to. You might try reading the forums some. I've posted it in several places. Even in this thread on this page, or the one right before this. There's a super easy work-around to tell Arc where your games are, or you can simply run it without Arc.

Perfect world was great Without ARC.. ARC makes it slow anyway and in the end... you are only losing Players that's all..
    Arc doesn't make PWI slow unless your PC was at the **** end of standard PC specs 9 years ago. Ok, I admit, I could be wrong about that if you have a newer PC with "ok" specs and have overloaded it with bloatware and **** programs that are eating up your resources.

you don't Force people to use Something they don't want to use it! that's a Rule you must never Forget Dear PWI...
    It's not a rule, and it's more and more common with publishing companies. Steam has been doing it for a long time, and with great success I might add.
    Responses are in blue. You might try reading the thread you've posted in before making silly statements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OK, since my post count has increased horrendously, and I'm tired of re-posting everything, here's a quick summary.

What's with this tracking/cookies I hear about?
    Read this post.

If you are having a problem with Arc not recognising your game, follow these instructions.

1. Download the fix
    2. Close Arc.
    3. Run the registry repair tool and select your client directory for Perfect world.
    4. After completing the repair, reboot.
    5. Enjoy.

How to run the client without using Arc.

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    3. Create a shortcut to elementclient.exe and add "startbypatcher" to the end.
    i.e. "D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher"
    4. Click shortcut you created
    5. Play game.
    6. Click shortcut again to open a second client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    5. Play game.

Just to make sure I'm understanding this right, this is basically the same shortcut editing process you'd use to be able to multi-client vent?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Multi client:

I can just pin the element client.exe to my task by like usual, I am indeed running windows 7, I am sure the work around you posted will work for those who do not have windows 7/another operating system that is capable of 'pinning' programs to the task bar.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Multi client:

I can just pin the element client.exe to my task by like usual, I am indeed running windows 7, I am sure the work around you posted will work for those who do not have windows 7/another operating system that is capable of 'pinning' programs to the task bar.
    Yes, the method I posted will work for any Windows version. The addition of the "startbypatcher" command string just makes it so that the first loading doesn't launch the patcher, which then launches Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Okay here's a noob question >.>
    Where exactly do I add the "startbypatcher" part. Do I go to Properties > Target or is it something else?
    I tried to add the startbypatcher at the end in the "Target" section with and without a space but it keeps saying it's invalid. I'm probably doing something wrong but not sure what x.x
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    OK, since my post count has increased horrendously, and I'm tired of re-posting everything, here's a quick summary.

What's with this tracking/cookies I hear about?
    Read this post.

If you are having a problem with Arc not recognising your game, follow these instructions.

1. Download the fix
    2. Close Arc.
    3. Run the registry repair tool and select your client directory for Perfect world.
    4. After completing the repair, reboot.
    5. Enjoy.

1. Patch client.
    2. Reboot PC
    5. Play game.

Ty, my fears came true, damn client updated after I launched it again and yeah, had to reinstal pwi with that 16 GB thing people kept talking about, but your guide worked well, fixed the registry as it told and now can play again, but still ARC is garbage!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I see ARC does not like to be closed after you have PWI running?

Well shame I don't want it running in the background so it get terminated faster than you can say Log...

SylenThunder - Sanctuary any idea if it will cause problems when forcing arc to go to bed..
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    btw do we know if there has been any connections among pple with those who are having problems with arc and those who are not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    you can forceclose the arc it dsnt shut off your client . tho the the administrator tasks processes
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Okay here's a noob question >.>
    Where exactly do I add the "startbypatcher" part. Do I go to Properties > Target or is it something else?
    I tried to add the startbypatcher at the end in the "Target" section with and without a space but it keeps saying it's invalid. I'm probably doing something wrong but not sure what x.x
    You missed my above post?

In the target field, you want it to have the argument.
    i.e.
    BEFORE
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe"]

AFTER
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher"]

On some of my PC's they have the quotes at either end, and on some they don't have quotes. if it doesn't work with the quotes, try removing them, or vice versa.
    Testing has shown that the following will not work though...
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher]

Also, for reference, I'm using the [] brackets to emulate the target box. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    I see ARC does not like to be closed after you have PWI running?

Well shame I don't want it running in the background so it get terminated faster than you can say Log...

SylenThunder - Sanctuary any idea if it will cause problems when forcing arc to go to bed..
    I've tested it and no, there's been no issues. I force closed Arc, and the ArcBrowser, but I was unable to get the ArcOverlay to die. Have not experienced any issues so far though, and I've had the game up with this method for a few hours now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You missed my above post?

In the target field, you want it to have the argument.
    i.e.
    BEFORE
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe"]

AFTER
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher"]

On some of my PC's they have the quotes at either end, and on some they don't have quotes. if it doesn't work with the quotes, try removing them, or vice versa.
    Testing has shown that the following will not work though...
    ["D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher]

Also, for reference, I'm using the [] brackets to emulate the target box. =)

That makes more sense, thanks b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That makes more sense, thanks b:surrender

alternatively you can also use a shortcut file. copy the element client and paste it somwhere then rightclick properties and add in quotes "startbypatcher" to the target location so it should look something like this:

["C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe" "startbypatcher"]

i've always had it set up this way since i actually play off a usb drive, and i don't always have admin rights on the comps i use
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SO basically, nothing's changed. Well, for those of us using advanced commands, nothing has changed.

All you have to do to multi-client is open elementclient.exe from the game directory. You don't even have to add any strings.

You can even still use the console to "un-freese" the client with the following shortcut

D:\Games\PWI_en_3\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1

then once inside, use the tilde key (~) to open the console and type d_rendernofocus.

Thank you for including the string for the console and how to unfreeze the screen. It's nice being able to multitask and keep up with squad invites and whispers. b:thanks

Oh, when I did my change to my shortcut, I had to do it ["C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher console:1] otherwise it would say it wasn't valid, so that may just work for those who weren't able to get it to work the other way.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The command line argument won't work with spaces in your file path on Windows.

["C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher" ]

should be renamed to

["C:\PWE\PWI\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher"] to remove the spaces in the path.
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thank you for including the string for the console and how to unfreeze the screen. It's nice being able to multitask and keep up with squad invites and whispers. b:thanks

Oh, when I did my change to my shortcut, I had to do it ["C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher console:1] otherwise it would say it wasn't valid, so that may just work for those who weren't able to get it to work the other way.

Yeah I think it depends on which version/flavor of Windows you have. I just saw that it's that way on my Vista system, but on my Win7 Pro it's the whole thing in Quotes, and on Win7 Enterprise it's no quotes at all. I don't have XP on anything anymore so not sure how it's working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah I think it depends on which version/flavor of Windows you have. I just saw that it's that way on my Vista system, but on my Win7 Pro it's the whole thing in Quotes, and on Win7 Enterprise it's no quotes at all. I don't have XP on anything anymore so not sure how it's working.
    My system is Win7 Home 64-bit. It seems that it's crazy random which way will work.