Who has better defense? HA BM or LA Archer?

Negreirosii - Sanctuary
Negreirosii - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Considering the BM and the Archer are using a G16 set.

The BM using Magic Marrow(not fully leveled) Would have better damage resistance(physical and magical)?
If so, how much should the BM level the Marrow?
Post edited by Negreirosii - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Naturaly the BM will have the better def with the marrows.But in the end its all about who can use a visa or get to gamestop or wally world to get cards for gold.b:bye
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Naturaly the BM will have the better def with the marrows.But in the end its all about who can use a visa or get to gamestop or wally world to get cards for gold.b:bye

Although I agree with whoever cashes the most will be better off... In the case where both are equal gear and refines the BM would have better defences. But with both classes having ability to purge in a 1v1 it would come down to luck and how good the archer is at kiting vs BM's ability to stun.

In PVE the BM is far better off.

Not sure exactly what you were asking as you didn't elaborate but I hope I helped.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although I agree with whoever cashes the most will be better off... In the case where both are equal gear and refines the BM would have better defences. But with both classes having ability to purge in a 1v1 it would come down to luck and how good the archer is at kiting vs BM's ability to stun.

Not sure exactly what you were asking as you didn't elaborate but I hope I helped.

^ This

Though I feel the need to also add in this tid bit, while the archer may not be able to take as many hits, they also are in far... fewer positions where they are actually taking damage be it pve or pvp.

Take a look at the first paragraph (by TheDan) on this post here.

So if your intentions are to go to nation wars with it, I hope you have more tolerance for all the... more glaring/noticeable in your face flaws that a bm has over other classes.

EDIT: They still haven't changed the font of a link TT ;/
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide
    OJoseRizaLo - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Really? you want to compare HA to LA ? your question already answer it...heavy armor vs light armor the phrase already answered it... even if archer CS hard and get lvl 80 Scards +12 gears and Josd......BM will always have the better defense i have played alot of end game archer their pdef fully buffed goes about 30-35k mag resistance is about 20-25k that is when archer has +12 everything and full scard

And those stats 35k pdef and 25k mag def is what i have without any buff and im not even +12 ornaments and only have 1 scard.. If i im fully buffed i have 57k pdef and 21k mag def with mag marrow i get around 40/40...

Id rather ask who is tankier Seeker or BM >.>
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pre NH full r9rr+12 NW neck josd
    EA: 11-12k pres, 8-9k mres, ~20k hp
    BM: 25K pres, 24-25k mres marrowed, ~26K hp

Why is this even a question
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    are we basing this off just the raw pdef or are we factoring evasion and such in as well? a pure str bm might have some issues hitting an archer with all thier evasion buffs b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BMs are meant to have better defense, you cant compare BMs defense to archers defense.

By the other hand, Archers have the most OP physical damage of the game.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BMs are meant to have better defense, you cant compare BMs defense to archers defense.

By the other hand, Archers have the most OP physical damage of the game on paper and in pve.

Give me a GoF -chant crossbow and I would say otherwise
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014

By the other hand, Archers have the most OP physical damage of the game.

Bm's are meant to have better physical defense and worse magical defense. Light armor is supposed to be well-balanced. BUT due to Magic Alter Marrow the OP was curious which would have more mdef. It's a reasonable question, which you failed to see.

Archer would be the most OP physical damage, if we got GoF. Even then it would be merely plausible. Sins are more dmg'ing (PvE try and steal aggro from an 5aps sin. Oh you can't? how strange..) Even 4-5aps claw/fist users are able to steal aggro in PvE from any person almost-except 5aps sins.
  • Jaytrain - Lost City
    Jaytrain - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2014

this is 100% correct
    but naturally the BM has more defense than the Archer