Gold trading ruining already bad economy

Options

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    don't spend money on this game!!!!! just merch!

That approach doesn't work if everyone does it. If nobody spent money on gold there'd be no boutique items to merchant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i dont merch botique items, you can merch herbs, mats, TT mats, sockets, mirages all those aren't botique related, actualy socket stones and mirages are bh rewards.
  • snuggles1971
    snuggles1971 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i dont merch botique items, you can merch herbs, mats, TT mats, sockets, mirages all those aren't botique related, actualy socket stones and mirages are bh rewards.

and how does this help to bring the gold price down?
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    . . . . . , game will die anyway in 7 days :)

I would have nominated this for the thread winner if this hadn't been a prediction from 4 years ago . . . .

mr. blue b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I wrote this because somebody was advertising C-packs as *coin sink*

Nobody charges real money to convert it to coin to buy C-packs. This aint happen and is nothing else then wishful thinking.
    People reading your claim that you say none will spend money on C-packs probably assumed you thought it was for the C cards to use as cards. They tried to explain why C-packs are not just junk, they are the exp to level your A and S cards.

I actually like the idea of war avatar exp as a coin sink.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Stopping you here because... that's your own personal opinion. And that's fine.

So while you, personally, may not feel it world be valid for a coin/gold sink, there are MANY others who would quickly disagree with you.

Just to clarify, the question I answered was "what was worth spending a large amount of coin on."

A 'coin sink' is something entirely different; this is where coin is destroyed in the process, rather than redistributed or circulated.

C packs are farmed by players and sold for coin, so the coin changes hands, rather than being destroyed. Similar to Nirvana.

NW is an example of a coin sink, where it destroys coin to make materials/upgrades.

The point is; due to botting the supply of coin has far outstripped the current coin sinks in the game, hence we have a surplus of coin pushing the value of gold up.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Supporting any coin sink related to cards b:victory

Also would love npc that sels HP/MP food
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    tl;dr

Simply put there is only one main reason gold is so high.

Too many instant gratification junkies willing to buy gold at those **** prices. They need <fill in boutique item here> NOW!!

The smart players merchant and/or bot their coins to either buy their needs from their own or other cat shops.

No conspiracies. No economy manipulation. Just a bunch of **** impatient people buying those prices. AND, as long as they do so, the price of gold will continue to rise.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

NW is an example of a coin sink, where it destroys coin to make materials/upgrades.

The point is; due to botting the supply of coin has far outstripped the current coin sinks in the game, hence we have a surplus of coin pushing the value of gold up.

I go in nw. I faceroll keyboard. I am sin. People die. I get nw tokens. I make sow/raps/canny. I sell them to other shops. Those shops sell them at a margin to other players. I used something that did not have any value, traded it for something that did. I sold it to someone that gave me that value worth. I got coins from that trade. I used coins to buy other things. The person who bought stuff from me sold those items at higher price, so s/he also got coins, items were not destroyed/used, coins were not destroyed/used.

I fail to see how NW is a coin sink, while Cards are not a coin sink by your definition b:sad

No conspiracies. No economy manipulation. Just a bunch of **** impatient people buying those prices. AND, as long as they do so, the price of gold will continue to rise.[/COLOR]

Hush, no exposing our wants here. I also think people took warrenwolfy's guide the wrong way on buying gold.
  • snuggles1971
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nw is NOT a real coin sink. each nw token can be sold to a npc for 10k coins.
    assuming a sever gets 70000 token per nw, ea nw, during a time of 2h, 700m coins get pumped into the server.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PWEs reaction on users reporting of a bad economy and rising gold prices:

http://imgur.com/SRdFNBE source: morai server just now.
    happy xmas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

happy xmas.

Well, that's a nice way to jack up the price on the +12 orb b:shocked
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I get nw tokens. I make sow/raps/canny. I sell them to other shops. Those shops sell them at a margin to other players. I used something that did not have any value, traded it for something that did. I sold it to someone that gave me that value worth. I got coins from that trade. I used coins to buy other things. The person who bought stuff from me sold those items at higher price, so s/he also got coins, items were not destroyed/used, coins were not destroyed/used.

I fail to see how NW is a coin sink, while Cards are not a coin sink by your definition b:sad

The manufacture fee of a SoW is 1.3m coin which is destroyed in the process. Similarly for raps/cannies. Although you as a seller recover this from the buyer 1.3m is still removed from the game economy.

When you upgrade a sky cover to stars destiny the process removes 99m from the game economy. This is coin that isn't being traded from one player to another but being consumed.

Faction bases are also coin sinks, the upgrading, buying the buffs, apoth, uniforms, helmet etc.

Tempt and a few others mentioned the HP/MP food idea, which I think is actually a very good one. Tokens and their introduction is probably about when inflation started occuring, not that it's entirely their fault, but it removed a massive coin sink from the game, no one buys the HP/MP food from the Apoth NPCs any more, when crabs/herbs are much better.

I think adding HP/MP foods at a NPC which are better in terms of amounts restored than crabs/herbs (much needed anyway considering how much HP and MP have gone up by in recent times) would work pretty well as a coin sink.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

happy xmas.

Dahell... Gold over 9.000 O.O Perhaps even in LC O.o
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

happy xmas.

Is this for real ? I don't see any official announcement regarding that and I didn't notice anything yesterday evening oO
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited March 2014
    Options

happy xmas.

That is probably the worst possible move they could have done to address the problem.

GG?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • snuggles1971
    edited March 2014
    Options
    its real, just press O ........b:beatup
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Is this for real ? I don't see any official announcement regarding that and I didn't notice anything yesterday evening oO

yes, its real and i didnt find an announcement either, not even via arc client.

but dont bother, it equals a +12 orb price of 600 mil.
    at first i wanted to +12 sibyllins ring but not at that cost :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hush, no exposing our wants here. I also think people took warrenwolfy's guide the wrong way on buying gold.

I was thinking of adding something about that on my post. WarrenWolfy's guide IS outdated. It worked when there were not dozens of cat shops selling the same boutique item. Now, with so many impatient or fail merchants, I just wait until they give up and dump their inventory at a loss into my cat shop; then, come here and QQ about how its impossible to merchant and the cost of gold.

The break even price on this last chip sale was 5.8k based on the price of gold. I would like to thank all those entrepreneurs for dumping their chip inventory at 5.5k so they could buy +10 - +12 refining Orbs.

There is SO much boutique inventory on RT, and I have to imagine the other servers as well, that there no need to buy ANYTHING direct from the boutique.

Also, there is no worry about exposing any secrets since those of us that frequents the forums knows that NO ONE bothers to use the search.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3039363-super-powered-orb-sale

Posted well before maintenance. Yet another fine example of why people should take the time to READ. Not necessarily direct at your post but in general.

~waits for QQ thread about spend all their gold on +10 orbs~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I go in nw. I faceroll keyboard. I am sin. People die. I get nw tokens. I make sow/raps/canny. I sell them to other shops. Those shops sell them at a margin to other players. I used something that did not have any value, traded it for something that did. I sold it to someone that gave me that value worth. I got coins from that trade. I used coins to buy other things. The person who bought stuff from me sold those items at higher price, so s/he also got coins, items were not destroyed/used, coins were not destroyed/used.

Edit: Oh nevermind I get it. Parallels since they both have manufacture fees + having to deal with repairs and such but he's claiming one isn't a coin sink while the other is. My mistake.
    nw is NOT a real coin sink. each nw token can be sold to a npc for 10k coins.
    assuming a sever gets 70000 token per nw, ea nw, during a time of 2h, 700m coins get pumped into the server.
    ... Assuming literally everyone on the server NPCs their supply tokens and doesn't craft anything to sell to other players. Considering that... ya know... that DOES NOT HAPPEN you kinda invalidate your own point.

That's like claiming a G13 +5 player can kill a R9 third cast +12 player. Sure it's technically possible... if the R9 guys is uncharmed and AFK but trying to use it as a point to say R9 wouldn't crush Nirvana is absolutely ridiculous because what you're arguing simply does not happen in practice.

This is the difference between your claim, which is based on a made up scenario where the entire server collectively agrees to NPC their supply tokens and... say... Perfect Tokens of Best Luck where the 10m reward is what the vast majority would actively pick over other options.

And wanna know what else makes your claim absurd and fall flat? ONE person gunning for an emperor tome will wind up using 38,325 tokens worth of resources (both in tokens directly required for the crafting of the item AND assorted manufacturing fees). That's over half of your 70k figure down the drain from one guy doing one thing. Everyone making a single G15 Nirvana weapon? Subtract 250 tokens and 2.5m from your total. G15 armors? There goes another 50 tokens and 500k per armor! I can go on for each item but have no need to. It's pretty obvious that you're making up your own scenario to try and justify a false claim at this point.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options

Well for other than Morai server the sale is actually good, meaning it will be a gold-crash xD

150 Gold at 2,3M it's actually a decent price... Uuuuuntil it sky-rockets to 3M+ Glad I just bought my 150g :D:D
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    its real, just press O ........b:beatup

Thanks for the tip... (assuming I have the game installed on my office's computer...)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options

Yep ! Yesterday I saw that gold had decreased from 4M to 3.6 but I suppose this gonna reach 4M again and stay at that price as long as +12 are available.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yep ! Yesterday I saw that gold had decreased from 4M to 3.6 but I suppose this gonna reach 4M again and stay at that price as long as +12 are available.

inb4 24h sale and all servers rocketing to 4M U.U
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    inb4 24h sale and all servers rocketing to 4M U.U

inb4 3h sale because of client instability (if anyone remembers) b:chuckle
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    inb4 3h sale because of client instability (if anyone remembers) b:chuckle

Nah, 150g - 12*.... Wish they caused a new client instability though :P But doing it BIG (100g - 3x 12*O.o)
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What the hec.k, I'll sell the car and half on my house and my dear persian cat Lulu and I'm gonna make me full R9rr+12!
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What the hec.k, I'll sell the car and half on my house and my dear persian cat Lulu and I'm gonna make me full R9rr+12!

b:cry please not the cat...
    This is a test
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Mind the cat, RR999rr+12 is more important! Must be a factor! b:victory
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited March 2014
    Options

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3039363-super-powered-orb-sale

Posted well before maintenance. Yet another fine example of why people should take the time to READ. Not necessarily direct at your post but in general.

~waits for QQ thread about spend all their gold on +10 orbs~

thanks for the link but no need to be rude, cause actually when i go to the arc news page, this topic is nowhere linked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    does the high gold price hurt the cash-shoppers or does it benefit them?
    oh it benefits them?
    well, now you know that there won't be any regulation to stop the inflation.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad