Is it safe to try again?

spartn
spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
hey guyz, I'm going to try to make this as short as I can cause I really want some good answers lol.

I played PW years ago, I came back to PW for a bit but left again about 2 years ago. But everytime i leave I cant help but come back.. My question, Is it worth getting back in? I have alot of questions that follow that but thats really my big umbrella question, And you can take the question how ever you like, I just would like to know when I create my new character that I'll be able to progress thru the game without much problems (such as finding people).

Others I have (as the game is downloading of course) How is the player base? & What server should I be looking towards?

Thanks again guys!
Post edited by spartn on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i think the main question should be which server to go to.

because depending on your personality, your progress differs too. b:surrender And as any former play would know, you just get a huge amount of complaints on the forum.

Best way is find the best server suited for you and play the game for a week, preferably 2. At the end of that you can decide if its worth your PC memory b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Gosh, if you keep coming back, then just stay and enjoy the game to its fullest! Regardless of all the hate.

Is it worth coming back?
    Personally, I never cared about the player base but what the game itself offered me as a player.
    They gave me a PWI Wiki for all my need to know information.
    They given decently populated servers and nothing over crowded.
    As well as starting gear to help level faster as I remember the times where you scavenged coins for the next best NPC gear.

So which server to join?
    One that best fits your time zone!
    As you advance in levels you start seeing most dailies getting done right around the reset time, if not, then evening hours (roughly 6-9 hours before reset).

I don't think you'll have much trouble finding people, especially when you start getting random invites to factions. As much as I dislike those, I think its the best and fastest way to know people right away.

Oh and playerbase? Yeah same old sadly, overly generous and huge cry babies. :D
    But hey, welcome back to the MMO world :D
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in a similar situation. Took a break about 2 years back, shortly after Morai launched.

But. Coming back, I see more daily quests, more ridiculous bloated game mechanics...and my personal favorite, the reincarnation system. Leveling might be easier than it used to be, but I'm not sure if I want to take the journey to 100 again, much less twice more.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm in a similar situation. Took a break about 2 years back, shortly after Morai launched.

But. Coming back, I see more daily quests, more ridiculous bloated game mechanics...and my personal favorite, the reincarnation system. Leveling might be easier than it used to be, but I'm not sure if I want to take the journey to 100 again, much less twice more.

If you have any clue at all, getting back to 100 is easy and fast and you can do it in just a week or two(two tops) without doing FCC even once.

***Level 1 to 30***

Save up your fantasy fruit bags from lucid silver and gold, like 40-60 of them will get you to lvl 30+, if you have no danatasy fruit bags, you can just auto culti for it, you will be lvl 30 in no time.

***level 30 to 50***

Crazy stone, minimal questing, and BHs(lvl40+) Make sure to do your base quests, you get no exp right now for them, but your contributions will come in handy later. At this point BHs are rolling fast, there is no need to stack them, just run the whole thing, you will likely be able to solo all of your own BHs too, at least up until BH69(lvl80+) I was able to solo all of mine on all characters including my cleric. Had a hard time in 69 and higher with my cleric though, had to have a bit of help(dual client). Also soling your BHs and killig all of the mobs gives huge amounts of experience too.

Note: My cleric is nothing special, a typical channelling cleric who is wearing rank 8 chest vana pants, R8 weapon and tt99 sleeves and boots, etc. Nothing fantastic there but still able to solo.

***level 50 to 90***

Continue to do crazystone and BHs, at lvl 50 you have the primal world daily, because around lvl 60 you should now be wearing all of your lvl 100 equipment(lower for some classes higher for others), you should be running cube of fate, and at lvl 70 you now have world quest, at level 80 you now have an additional primal world daily to do that gives even more experience. Don't forget to do your phoenix valley runs as well, it is likely you can solo this too for huge amounts of exp. I was able to solo phoenix valley on all of characters as well, even my cleric.

Note: My cleric is nothing special, a typical channelling cleric who is wearing rank 8 chest vana pants, R8 weapon and tt99 sleeves and boots, etc. Nothing fantastic there but still able to solo.

***Level 90 to 100***

Continue with crazy stone and BHs, if you have not been doing cube of fate, you really should now at lvl 90 it gives 4mil exp to rebirthed toons, how can you pass that up? At lvl 95 you also now have access to the morai dailies again. You also now gain exp from base quests. If you are in a faction that has brought their base north wing obelisk up to lvl 2 you can also get a quest there you can infinitely(until you run out of contribution points/feat tokens) that will give you 400k+ exp per run, if you have around 8k contribution points you don't know what to do with you can gain around 19 million exp from those. From moria if you have been keeping up on those the whole time, you can get exp orb there that you can take 20 of per day for a total of 8 mil exp.

Then to top it all off, to make some money and some easy experience you can also auto-culti, you can do this at any time through the process.

Doing all of this will have you back to lvl 100 in no time. "Getting back to 100" is nothing for reawakened toons, truly.

Just realised how crappy this arc client is, it won't allow me to copy and paste with my mouse, how bogus. I had to do CRTL+C and CTRL+V to copy and past, that is how fail this client is.
    edited March 2014
    snip

It may be easy in your eyes, but for someone just getting back into the swing of things after 2 years, the task seems daunting. Also, I can't solo PV because my refines are terribad. So bad in fact that I only have 4.5k HP unbuffed. I suppose if I were to reincarnate, I could change my build and go full vit, which would give me a few extra thousand HP.

But from the way you explain it, getting back to 100 still sounds like a grindy mess of daily quests and botting.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But from the way you explain it, getting back to 100 still sounds like a grindy mess of daily quests and botting.

It has been always the same. Even when you are not reborn you have to grind or do dailies. It is how you lvl up in pwi...
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It may be easy in your eyes, but for someone just getting back into the swing of things after 2 years, the task seems daunting. Also, I can't solo PV because my refines are terribad. So bad in fact that I only have 4.5k HP unbuffed. I suppose if I were to reincarnate, I could change my build and go full vit, which would give me a few extra thousand HP.

Dont be a fail arcane and add full vit,10hp per vit added isnt usefull.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dont be a fail arcane and add full vit,10hp per vit added isnt usefull.

Venos get 14 HP per vit pointb:quiet
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stay Away...this Is A ****ty Game
    edited March 2014
    Stay Away...this Is A ****ty Game

You know, the more I read about recent changes to this game, the more I want to stay away forever. But something keeps drawing me back, like a moth to a flame.

(I'll still probably end up staying away though) b:bye
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Game is all about R9rrr, reborn and alot of braggers on world chat. No new ppl, only alts alts alts.
    Better sign up for PWI's new game Swordsman b:pleased
    After 2 years they will have ruined that too so u have at least 2 nice years of playing.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you once left don`t ever come back, that goes for all games from this greedy and **** company...
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I started playing again like 2 months ago after a 2 years break.
    I think the game is quite enjoyable as long as you still have friends to hang out with. The new content gives you a ton of stuff to do while saving money to gear up.
    R9RR isn't really hard to get imo, i couldn't get it this sale, but new instances allow you to make a decent amount of money that you can work with to merch pretty fast.
    Easiest thing is just to try to play it for like a week to see if you wanna play again or not and then decide. Nobody can decide for you, and most people on these forums will tell you how the game is bad while they are spending 12 hours a day playing it, so yea.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    I started playing again like 2 months ago after a 2 years break.
    I think the game is quite enjoyable as long as you still have friends to hang out with. The new content gives you a ton of stuff to do while saving money to gear up.
    R9RR isn't really hard to get imo, i couldn't get it this sale, but new instances allow you to make a decent amount of money that you can work with to merch pretty fast.
    Easiest thing is just to try to play it for like a week to see if you wanna play again or not and then decide. Nobody can decide for you, and most people on these forums will tell you how the game is bad while they are spending 12 hours a day playing it, so yea.

if you spend 12 hours a day on this game then you have a barb sin archer or psy. if you don't then you won't. no one should ever feel like the wasted the time and money making a toon, and gearing it up, while learning how to play. if you are looking for class balance, real variation in pk and straight up fun....stay away. i'm warning you.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you spend 12 hours a day on this game then you have a barb sin archer or psy. if you don't then you won't. no one should ever feel like the wasted the time and money making a toon, and gearing it up, while learning how to play. if you class balance, real variation in pk and straight up fun....stay away. i'm warning you.

I could gladly spend 12h/day playing cleric/mystic only, js b:bye
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    I could gladly spend 12h/day playing cleric/mystic only, js b:bye
    but yet you have a barb.....hmmm. and every class as an alt except a bm and a cleric.....hmmm. i guess you didn't get to the bm yet.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Safe to try again? Are you serious?

No, it is not safe to try again, you will catch a virus that shows on the outside of your body that looks like your skin is necrotizing and you will be labeled a pariah and before too long you will die an agonizing death while taking a **** on the toilet with your pants down around your ankles and you will be discovered half eaten by your dog 2 months later by your hot ex-girlfriend who will vomit at the sight of your corpse. Your body will be transported to the morgue where your feet will have swelled so much that they can't even put a toe tag on you. You will be confused a with a vagrant and your body lost. You will be cremated and your ashes washed down the drain to mingle with sewer water **** and urine.

This is the fate that awaits you if you choose to return. But look at the bright side.... I just saved a bunch on my car insurance by switching to Geico.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Safe to try again? Are you serious?

No, it is not safe to try again, you will catch a virus that shows on the outside of your body that looks like your skin is necrotizing and you will be labeled a pariah and before too long you will die an agonizing death while taking a **** on the toilet with your pants down around your ankles and you will be discovered half eaten by your dog 2 months later by your hot ex-girlfriend who will vomit at the sight of your corpse. Your body will be transported to the morgue where your feet will have swelled so much that they can't even put a toe tag on you. You will be confused a with a vagrant and your body lost. You will be cremated and your ashes washed down the drain to mingle with sewer water **** and urine.

This is the fate that awaits you if you choose to return. But look at the bright side.... I just saved a bunch on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

+1...million
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    __NO__
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you spend 12 hours a day on this game then you have a barb sin archer or psy.
    Im curious, what does those 4 classes have to do with 12 hours a day?
    This is a test
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    Im curious, what does those 4 classes have to do with 12 hours a day?

they are the only four worth playing the game with. that's what.
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Such hostile forces. I guess all the sane people left awhile ago.. lol

Been in the game for a few days, And well I love it. So yea, Thanks?
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    spartn wrote: »
    Such hostile forces. I guess all the sane people left awhile ago.. lol

Been in the game for a few days, And well I love it. So yea, Thanks?

After doing a few (5-10mins) forum surfing and reading through the "Popular" threads you'll quickly find out why people post "Dont..." "Stay away... " "Its a Trap.." and stuff like that. But if you continue to dig even further into those players. Really.

The ones that are complaining are the Range Classes. This is where it becomes hair pulling. Go watch a rrr9 archer vs rrr9 sin vid (Boogies to be exact). How she was able to use, not only, the Games Flight Mechanics to stay away from the Sin at ALL times. But also her repetitive Skills that make her Survivability go through the roof, the Sin didnt' have a chance. PWI Caters to the Range players. Always have. If you dont believe me, go count the Melee vs range Classes.

BM Sin Barb vs Cleric Archer Veno Mystic Psy Wizy Seeker (Seekers have 3 Close range attacks, 1 which uses a Stance that doesn't get used in PvP and 1 that allows HP regen which isn't spamable)

OP, you are getting these comments because after so long, PWI has finally gave Melee classes a Bone to play with. Barbs have a Somewhat (60% Chance) reliable CC. BMs get yet another CC and Sins get some wicked high Damage spikes on SKILLS. (btw, Sins always hit hard with skills just there was few Sages around that would even bother to use them.)

I could see the QQ if my Arma could be launched at players 18 meters away. I'd give up my 2 sec stun, FireStorm, and Poison Fang for that. For barbs, we have 2 Range Skills. 1 taking 1 spark another taking 2 sparks. Both long CDs and 1 only really great when used against FLYING TARGETS. But yet theres QQing from Range Classes and Range Classes only that NOW Barbs Sins and BMs have gone too FAR.

"I was able to 1 shot them and take care of them without worrying but now... now this new expansion gives them a fighting chance! Thats BS!"

First off, once sins became a Class everyone rolled one. For ever 1 Account, there is 1 sin OR Everyone has at least access to 1 sin. NO matter the level.

All you have here is a bunch of QQers that arn't happy that me (a barb) has the chance to make sure you dont go anywhere. And that just gets their Panties in a bunch. Well, if you allow me ( a barb) to run up to you, then you failed 50% of the battle.

People like Auer dont actually think that some people dont like other classes. Here's a kicker. I dont like Casters. Not in ANY mmo.

To the OP. Pick a Class that you like to play. Dont let anyone tell you "Its unbalanced..." "Not OP enough.." What makes a Class Balanced and "op" is how you play them.

All the casters that are having a problem with Primal Mighty Swing, try added more VIT. Stop running around with 3-5 vit pts and saying "I'm Pure Magic, its the best.." yep. The best for getting 1 shot. I got hit by a barb dealing 50 dmg (I.E. your trash barbs that everyone is so worried about) using Mighty Swing as many times as he could. When it got a break. Killed him for 35k. 1 Hit. I can only imagine what a AA user would hit him for.

Complaining about a Barb that you can see a mile away running down in a straight line towards you. YOU LET HIM GET CLOSE. PWI isn't 1v1s its Mass PK. Get over it. You will die. You will die by something that will fustrate you. "I was tanking out these 2 sins and veno and a ****** PSY came over and Earth Vector me and i died. Stupid Psy.. too OP." - Says the Archer.

Play the game. Learn your Class. And Learn YOUR SKILLS!!

And lastly, Arma, depending on HP, is not the hardest hitting Barb skill. IJS.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    After doing a few (5-10mins) forum surfing and reading through the "Popular" threads you'll quickly find out why people post "Dont..." "Stay away... " "Its a Trap.." and stuff like that. But if you continue to dig even further into those players. Really.

The ones that are complaining are the Range Classes. This is where it becomes hair pulling. Go watch a rrr9 archer vs rrr9 sin vid (Boogies to be exact). How she was able to use, not only, the Games Flight Mechanics to stay away from the Sin at ALL times. But also her repetitive Skills that make her Survivability go through the roof, the Sin didnt' have a chance. PWI Caters to the Range players. Always have. If you dont believe me, go count the Melee vs range Classes.

BM Sin Barb vs Cleric Archer Veno Mystic Psy Wizy Seeker (Seekers have 3 Close range attacks, 1 which uses a Stance that doesn't get used in PvP and 1 that allows HP regen which isn't spamable)

OP, you are getting these comments because after so long, PWI has finally gave Melee classes a Bone to play with. Barbs have a Somewhat (60% Chance) reliable CC. BMs get yet another CC and Sins get some wicked high Damage spikes on SKILLS. (btw, Sins always hit hard with skills just there was few Sages around that would even bother to use them.)

I could see the QQ if my Arma could be launched at players 18 meters away. I'd give up my 2 sec stun, FireStorm, and Poison Fang for that. For barbs, we have 2 Range Skills. 1 taking 1 spark another taking 2 sparks. Both long CDs and 1 only really great when used against FLYING TARGETS. But yet theres QQing from Range Classes and Range Classes only that NOW Barbs Sins and BMs have gone too FAR.

"I was able to 1 shot them and take care of them without worrying but now... now this new expansion gives them a fighting chance! Thats BS!"

First off, once sins became a Class everyone rolled one. For ever 1 Account, there is 1 sin OR Everyone has at least access to 1 sin. NO matter the level.

All you have here is a bunch of QQers that arn't happy that me (a barb) has the chance to make sure you dont go anywhere. And that just gets their Panties in a bunch. Well, if you allow me ( a barb) to run up to you, then you failed 50% of the battle.

People like Auer dont actually think that some people dont like other classes. Here's a kicker. I dont like Casters. Not in ANY mmo.

To the OP. Pick a Class that you like to play. Dont let anyone tell you "Its unbalanced..." "Not OP enough.." What makes a Class Balanced and "op" is how you play them.

All the casters that are having a problem with Primal Mighty Swing, try added more VIT. Stop running around with 3-5 vit pts and saying "I'm Pure Magic, its the best.." yep. The best for getting 1 shot. I got hit by a barb dealing 50 dmg (I.E. your trash barbs that everyone is so worried about) using Mighty Swing as many times as he could. When it got a break. Killed him for 35k. 1 Hit. I can only imagine what a AA user would hit him for.

Complaining about a Barb that you can see a mile away running down in a straight line towards you. YOU LET HIM GET CLOSE. PWI isn't 1v1s its Mass PK. Get over it. You will die. You will die by something that will fustrate you. "I was tanking out these 2 sins and veno and a ****** PSY came over and Earth Vector me and i died. Stupid Psy.. too OP." - Says the Archer.

Play the game. Learn your Class. And Learn YOUR SKILLS!!

And lastly, Arma, depending on HP, is not the hardest hitting Barb skill. IJS.

lmao ok silver if you wanna debate with me then let's go.

nobody cares that you got a paralyze skill, the problem is no defense, no cost, low cd, makes it abusive. if you can't understand why then your own bias is blinding you.

next, the classes are not balanced, never were. the system pw tried to put into place is a rock paper scissors sorta deal, problem is if barbs are the rock. then who is their paper? with debuffs taking a huge hit what caster class has a chance?

i don't like classes? no. i don't like how the skill sets are not balanced out? yes. i have one of every class and while my taste for playing this game has diminished greatly i still no enough to understand the basic mechanics behind each. silver it's okay to love your barb, try to hear what people have been saying and imagine it from their end. you've waited a long time for barbs to get a boost. cornered beast was crazy...but this new swing is plain ridiculous.

you keep saying learn to play, i gear down in pk to practice all the time, putting myself at a disadvantage on purpose. before you speak the way you have been about learning to play, come to SP and just watch. i'll fight Joy so you can see. after you watch a few fights if you don't get it then i won't try to enlighten you.
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lmao ok silver if you wanna debate with me then let's go.

nobody cares that you got a paralyze skill, the problem is no defense, no cost, low cd, makes it abusive. if you can't understand why then your own bias is blinding you.

next, the classes are not balanced, never were. the system pw tried to put into place is a rock paper scissors sorta deal, problem is if barbs are the rock. then who is their paper? with debuffs taking a huge hit what caster class has a chance?

i don't like classes? no. i don't like how the skill sets are not balanced out? yes. i have one of every class and while my taste for playing this game has diminished greatly i still no enough to understand the basic mechanics behind each. silver it's okay to love your barb, try to hear what people have been saying and imagine it from their end. you've waited a long time for barbs to get a boost. cornered beast was crazy...but this new swing is plain ridiculous.

you keep saying learn to play, i gear down in pk to practice all the time, putting myself at a disadvantage on purpose. before you speak the way you have been about learning to play, come to SP and just watch. i'll fight Joy so you can see. after you watch a few fights if you don't get it then i won't try to enlighten you.

"nobody cares that you got a paralyze skill.." So the Para status isn't the problem. The fact that it goes through ALL but AD/IG like effects is not whats warrenting the QQ. Its the "abusive" part? How many "abusive" skills are in PWI that Range Players have?

"next, the classes are not balanced, never were." Then WHY is this such a big issue now?!? If they never were, you never had a chance. NOW its a big deal. I see, from recent post, i can now see how Debuff "nerfing" kind makes a sense. Just gonna take a stab at that and say most of the Debuffs were depended on either Weapon base Damage or an over all % like say 30% earth resist reduction. All i can really say to that is for AA classes its easier for them to get high amounts of Phy resist without taking a lose in Magic Resist where as an HA class, sure we have alot of Phy but will still get Curb Stopped by Magic Attack even around endgame gear (Unless shard with Magic Resist then maybe!). But I dont even really want to talk about that. I'll give you the QQ on Debuff Nerf (Tho i also see it as a universal nerf too, not just AA classes use it).

"... i don't like how the skill sets are not balanced out.." Again, Range Classes. Debuff from afar, nuke to hell. Thats how it was back then, idk what changed now. 1 new Para skill and Range Classes go crazy! You still can't beat the fact that with no Gap Closers and no "Reel ins" I have to get near you. Much like your earlier quote, class are not balanced, skill sets were never balanced either.

"...cornered beast was crazy..." Cornered beast can still be one shot with on. I know. Ask Rubber.

I still don't get it. Its not that I'm stuck on Barb Vision. I'm not thinking. Or anything of the sort. IMO its change and people have always railed against Change. Most of you on here said, "Lets go back to where TT90/99 was Endgame.." yeah well TT90 gold had GoF/SS on it. I can already see the QQ about that. "Why do Barbs, Sins, BMs and Seekers get SS and we range players don't get anything." b:surrender

I stand by "Give me a Gap Closer and I'll say barbs are Over Power" then. Other wise, suck it up. I have a Para thats spammable! Deal with! I will continue to use it until i run out of Mana or DIE! If you let me near you, your fault. Can't blame PWI on that.

Lastly, "i'll fight Joy.." I like Joy. Hes a good guy. Nice, friendly. That being said. Hes a Cata barb. Go fight a Demon STR barb. Go fight HeadSlicer or Vince (OID). I've taken down rrr9 Sage Cata Barbs in my G16+5.

You know whats OP. I hit Arixson for 500. >: Damn those JoSD.
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Auerlius - Archosaur
    edited March 2014
    "nobody cares that you got a paralyze skill.." So the Para status isn't the problem. The fact that it goes through ALL but AD/IG like effects is not whats warrenting the QQ. Its the "abusive" part? How many "abusive" skills are in PWI that Range Players have?

That have effects for which the defense is so limited while costing nothing on the part of the cast with an ultra low cd? zero.
    "next, the classes are not balanced, never were." Then WHY is this such a big issue now?!? If they never were, you never had a chance. NOW its a big deal. I see, from recent post, i can now see how Debuff "nerfing" kind makes a sense. Just gonna take a stab at that and say most of the Debuffs were depended on either Weapon base Damage or an over all % like say 30% earth resist reduction. All i can really say to that is for AA classes its easier for them to get high amounts of Phy resist without taking a lose in Magic Resist where as an HA class, sure we have alot of Phy but will still get Curb Stopped by Magic Attack even around endgame gear (Unless shard with Magic Resist then maybe!). But I dont even really want to talk about that. I'll give you the QQ on Debuff Nerf (Tho i also see it as a universal nerf too, not just AA classes use it).

certain classes [cleric especially] relied on those debuffs, but since you kinda get this one we dont need to expunge on it any further
    "... i don't like how the skill sets are not balanced out.." Again, Range Classes. Debuff from afar, nuke to hell. Thats how it was back then, idk what changed now. 1 new Para skill and Range Classes go crazy! You still can't beat the fact that with no Gap Closers and no "Reel ins" I have to get near you. Much like your earlier quote, class are not balanced, skill sets were never balanced either.

You dont need gaps or reel ins for any aa class except a wizard. which made sense cause wizards were supposed to be the paper for the barb's rock. but with the current nerfs now the wiz has been moved to more scissors roll. we should not be content with lop sided classes. the fact that there never was balance is not an excuse to want it now. as an example in the extreme, civil rights anyone?
    "...cornered beast was crazy..." Cornered beast can still be one shot with on. I know. Ask Rubber.

Rubber is a maxed out archer. we both know the crit thing is broken for LA atm. 'nuff said.
    I still don't get it. Its not that I'm stuck on Barb Vision. I'm not thinking. Or anything of the sort. IMO its change and people have always railed against Change. Most of you on here said, "Lets go back to where TT90/99 was Endgame.." yeah well TT90 gold had GoF/SS on it. I can already see the QQ about that. "Why do Barbs, Sins, BMs and Seekers get SS and we range players don't get anything." b:surrender

I stand by "Give me a Gap Closer and I'll say barbs are Over Power" then. Other wise, suck it up. I have a Para thats spammable! Deal with! I will continue to use it until i run out of Mana or DIE! If you let me near you, your fault. Can't blame PWI on that.

Lastly, "i'll fight Joy.." I like Joy. Hes a good guy. Nice, friendly. That being said. Hes a Cata barb. Go fight a Demon STR barb. Go fight HeadSlicer or Vince (OID). I've taken down rrr9 Sage Cata Barbs in my G16+5.

You know whats OP. I hit Arixson for 500. >: Damn those JoSD.

You don't get it cause you are talking from a privileged position. a spammable attack strategy with a very limited defense is not very sensible. if it were aps would have been left the way it was and we as aa users would have never been given purify. i used to fight head to figure out how to fight barbs in end game gear on a cleric. but he got swelled headed and belligerent so we don't interact now. sucks really cause he is a great opponent, but he has no respect...so that's the end of that. but i know what you mean...demon is even worse...if i see vince and he doesn't mind spending time with me on this i will have fiss record some.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This thread has so badly been hijacked I think a mod should close it.