Dragon Orb Ocean (50% off)

Soooooooos - Sanctuary
Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
how the hell a (50% off) is a 30 gold !!!

so again same mistake of Glorious Mirth packs when they came out with 40 % off and then you guys remove the 40% from the post

now what remove the 50 % off from the post ? GG PWI
b:victory
Post edited by Soooooooos - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why complain? Do you want them more expensive?

Technically 50% off should be 35 gold each. You're getting a gift here. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Previously 25 gold was called 50% off, making the 100% price 50 gold.
    Then it was 35 gold and 40% off, making the 100% price 58.33 gold.
    Now it is 30 gold and 50% off, so the 100% is 60 gold?

As far as I know the ocean orbs have never been sold at any of those 100% prices. It is explicitly illegal under California Business and Professions code section 17501:

"No price shall be advertised as a former price of any advertised thing, unless the alleged former price was the prevailing market price as above defined within three months next immediately preceding the publication of the advertisement or unless the date when the alleged former price did prevail is clearly, exactly, and conspicuously stated in the advertisement."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Temptatious - Sanctuary
    Temptatious - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering the last time they were on sale they were 50 gold, I'd think people would just be happy with a fairly decent price :3
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Considering the last time they were on sale they were 50 gold, I'd think people would just be happy with a fairly decent price :3

50 gold x 1.5m = 75m per ocean

30 gold x 2.5m = 75m per ocean

If gold goes to 3m, that is 90m per ocean.

Excluding ah fees. The problem created is that refines that used to cost 30m, now cost about 80m. To go from +7 to +10 used to cost 90~100m. Now only going from +8 to +9 costs that much. It is cheaper to make 8* orbs from 1* now than it is to refine that level with ocean orbs.

Basically the cost to go to +10 is similar to putting in one josd in the armour.

People will buy because the sale came after a long time, and lots of people have gear that requires higher refines.

Good time for merchants if they have the base to cash in.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah... the good old days of 30m +10 orbs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    50 gold x 1.5m = 75m per ocean

30 gold x 2.5m = 75m per ocean

If gold goes to 3m, that is 90m per ocean.

Excluding ah fees. The problem created is that refines that used to cost 30m, now cost about 80m. To go from +7 to +10 used to cost 90~100m. Now only going from +8 to +9 costs that much. It is cheaper to make 8* orbs from 1* now than it is to refine that level with ocean orbs.

Basically the cost to go to +10 is similar to putting in one josd in the armour.

People will buy because the sale came after a long time, and lots of people have gear that requires higher refines.

Good time for merchants if they have the base to cash in.

so what your saying is that in game gold prices dictate the price of orbs?

that should NEVER happen and i personally think it's extortion b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so what your saying is that in game gold prices dictate the price of orbs?

that should NEVER happen and i personally think it's extortion b:surrender

In game gold prices always dictate the price of items unless you charge real money for it. It has been like that since day 1. Are you even playing the same game as the rest of us?
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do we know until when Dragon orb ocean is on sale? :)
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they can call it 90% off sale and u cant do a s... coz u don't know the "normal" price - so yea won't be suprised if during the next ocean orb sale it will cost 50 gold as a 75% off !! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Blame the so called "merchants" that make everything cost like off sale, even though there is a sale, those idiots finally need to put a cap on gold price of 2m max, let the smelly csers squirm!
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    The first time they put in dragon orb ocean, it was 75 gold if I recall right. That should still be the normal price.

In the end, it's not really a "sale". They just bring in an item once in a while at a price they expect to get most profit. The "sale" tag is just to make it look more interesting.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have watched the Ocean Orbs for a long time, their normal price is 50 gold.

This is fraudulence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Every time the +10 Orbs did not have a % off mentioned they were sold for 50gold. Every time they were advertised as 50% off they were sold for 25 gold. It has been like this for over 4 years now. There was even a time when they were sold in sets of 5 +10 Orbs for 100 gold....so yeah 30 gold is not 50% off. Clearly the guy in charge of sales is not familiar with normal prices.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Blame the so called "merchants" that make everything cost like off sale, even though there is a sale, those idiots finally need to put a cap on gold price of 2m max, let the smelly csers squirm!

This is actually the worst thing you could possibly do, and will MASSIVELY benefit only csers.

If gold price is capped at 2m, every merchant will be trying to buy gold at 2m and no cser will sell gold on AH when they can just sell the item for a lot more in a catshop or trade. The AH would become obsolete.

Merchants stocking up on gold when it's low and then selling items on sale for less than the current gold price coin equivalent would cease to exist.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    This is actually the worst thing you could possibly do, and will MASSIVELY benefit only csers.

If gold price is capped at 2m, every merchant will be trying to buy gold at 2m and no cser will sell gold on AH when they can just sell the item for a lot more in a catshop or trade. The AH would become obsolete.

Merchants stocking up on gold when it's low and then selling items on sale for less than the current gold price coin equivalent would cease to exist.

I doubt he's simply refering to AH cap in sell prices. They could easily have an auctionneer sell gold for 2mil each (just "create" gold), like they did with dq points. At 2mil, this would probably lead to nobody charging anything, which is just as bad. They could regulate things a bit in several ways, but I doubt they'll take any measures.
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why complain? Do you want them more expensive?

Technically 50% off should be 35 gold each. You're getting a gift here. xD

smart !! how 50 % off should be 35 gold each ? Every time the Ocean Orbs did not have a % off they were 50 gold. Every time they were 50% off they were 25 gold.

and i don't want their stupid gifts i want them to stop fooling us
    b:bye
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    smart !! how 50 % off should be 35 gold each ? Every time the Ocean Orbs did not have a % off they were 50 gold. Every time they were 50% off they were 25 gold.

and i don't want their stupid gifts i want them to stop fooling us
    b:bye

The first time they appeared not on sale they were 75 gold.

They probably just change the prices whenever they feel like it, though.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Sorry, but you folks claiming 50 gold are wrong. It's 75.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=58031 (scroll down in the comments)
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9993292
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10349942&postcount=1
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5542402&postcount=13

I could paste more links but you get the picture. 75 gold, whether we like it or not, is the natural price of an Ocean orb. Any time it's sold below that, it's being given a price reduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I guess the regular price of Dragon Orbs is now 60 gold each? People shouldn't have abused that code QQ lolz
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They do the same thing at your local grocery store. I used to out up tags for sales -90% of the time a sale price would be the same as the regular price - they just raise the non sale price and boom it looks like your saving. Weis does price freeze items claiming savings, they always raise the price before freezing. The prior post are correct about 10 stars originally being 75 gold on sake first time released. We have had as low as 5/100 but the first time was black Friday ( a few years ago) and for around Ina month. I don't recall if we have had that since. Basically its not fraudulent if the raised or lowered the initial price before putting it on sale . Car dealers do it also with rebates- almost every nee car I've ever bought was cheaper from a dealer not offering rebates than from one who was.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh yea I was right, I said they would make a ocean orb sale after the nw glitch so people can refine their cape, head, ring ... XD

At least they didn't put them at 50-60 golds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Previously 25 gold was called 50% off, making the 100% price 50 gold.
    Then it was 35 gold and 40% off, making the 100% price 58.33 gold.
    Now it is 30 gold and 50% off, so the 100% is 60 gold?

As far as I know the ocean orbs have never been sold at any of those 100% prices. It is explicitly illegal under California Business and Professions code section 17501:

"No price shall be advertised as a former price of any advertised thing, unless the alleged former price was the prevailing market price as above defined within three months next immediately preceding the publication of the advertisement or unless the date when the alleged former price did prevail is clearly, exactly, and conspicuously stated in the advertisement."

+1 b:pleased
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Did you really think you will see dirt cheap oceans again after the fiasco that happened? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~