Why no morai section in 'Server Symposium'?

mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
As per the title
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Because, as has been said before many many times, the Europe server has it's own support team, it's own office in Europe, and it's own websites.

Just think of it as the Americans sticking it to the Europeans all over again. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because we're supposed to have a dedicated forum (even if this idea is pretty weird as I already said several times)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    and it's own websites.

This part is just totally false... (or link me the european english website which would be different than the "US one"
    There are french or german sites, right, but only one english site for both US and EU (same thing for Arc)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In addition to Sylens words:

Morai players are only tolerated denizens in this US forum.
    Players on EU Server Morai have no own official forum or GMs.
    If you need support you need to contact EU support via German/French ticket system.

Dont wonder about following facts:
    - EU Support team from ticket hotline will rarely answer your tickets
    - US Support is much more faster than EU team by solving problems via ticket system
    - EU Server maintenance/patches/... will be proceed according to US maintenance activities
    - EU Logon datas with access to inoffical German / French forum are also valid for US section
    - There exists a French and a German Community Manager Europe but they only announce Events in inofficial forum
    - if you change from German/French language to English you will automatically forwarded to US section which is not responsible for EU server
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited March 2014
    Would it be possible to post a link to the Morai forum/website, please?
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As I wrote: Only change language to German / French and you will be automatic forwarded to German / French webpage with inofficial forum.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    To be clear, it has been announced after the merge (one year ago) that english would be the official language for Morai.
    However there is no EU english support, no EU english website, no EU english official forum (just a deserted section on french forum), no EU english Arc section, and so on. All the content in english language is the same for EU and US, but still we can't have a dedicated section on this forum.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just come to Harshlands subforum, we're already lawless territory so no one would care if you guys were "off topic."
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's just that they don't really know what they want.

One side EU server is supposed to be seperated with own forums (and thus no subsection here). Examples :
    - Own EU staff and "support" seperated from here.
    - Seperate communication and problem solving observed when server issues appeared.
    - GM/CM here appears to have no direct insight or power on decisions of EU staff.
    - Ticket sending makes it look like the forums are seperate.

On the other side, EU is just a server belonging to the same company. Examples :
    - The DE/FR version of the forum don't announce maintenance, making it just a sub-section presented in another way.
    - Maintenance and sales are same as US.
    - The whole EU part seems just to exist for legal reasons like the VAT. Support is mainly inexistant and officially stated a few times not to care about the forums there. They are inaccessible for players. The issues of December got solved by reaching mods here, who reached the GMs here.

Overall the problem is that after the issues of last update, the "EU forums" are just dead. It wasn't alive much before, but the way they showed not to care, just chased away the few that still did check there. I noticed that recently they got a new CM and mods on the French part. But well, if I want to know something, I check here. If I got a problem, I PM a GM here. For me, the whole EU staff could just as well not exist (when it comes to customer relations at least). Having a server section here, on the site that announces maintenance and that have active ppl posting, would be way better.
  • Trance - Morai
    Trance - Morai Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the problem is that the forums are french and german, and the french and german player base is very small, no other European that doesn't speak french/german is going to decide to alter the "language settings" at the top right hand side of PWI website when they do not speak that language. They don't realise thats the only way to get to the Morai forums...

Which is pretty **** lol... so for those of you who quite justifiably have never changed the language settings at the top right hand side of the forum... if you want to reach morai forums thats what you have to do... dead forum is dead though... oh and we can't understand a word of it LOL

I think we should have the american forum only in Spanish or something... given that these guys think a european forum in a language that 90% of europe doesn't actually understand is ok for us!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they should just merge each site so we can have a Morai subsection that english people can use, and the french and german people can toggle the language so that they're able to post as well. Get some google translate action up in here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    On the other side, EU is just a server belonging to the same company. Examples :
    - The DE/FR version of the forum don't announce maintenance, making it just a sub-section presented in another way.
    - Maintenance and sales are same as US.
    - The whole EU part seems just to exist for legal reasons like the VAT.

Same client, same accounts that can be used to play either on EU server either on US servers.
    As I already said there are not more differences between EU server and East coast servers than between West coast and East coast servers.
    Having french/german forum/websites is good for the ones who don't understand english (would be even better if maintenances or arc full integration were announced there as well though). They could also create spanish/russian/arabic/lithuanian versions if they want.
    However what would be the point about duplicating general discussion, class discussion or pvp wonderings sections just for Morai players in a new EU english forum ?
    More over, the merge has been done 1 year ago and still nothing.... Creating a Morai subsection would take what ? Maybe ten minutes..
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • mrcharlytoo
    edited March 2014
    I think they should just merge each site so we can have a Morai subsection that english people can use, and the french and german people can toggle the language so that they're able to post as well. Get some google translate action up in here.

Exactly.

If you have a separate forum, what language will you insist people use? French, German, Italian, Spanish, Greek?

Everyone in Europe is quite used to not necessarily being able to speak the same language as the person sat next to you - heck in hearing range in this office I have a Pole, a Spaniard, a Greek and a Bosnian. We know how to get along.

Just give us a sub-section for Morai here, don't get huffy if people make posts in a language other than English and we'll get along fine.
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Same client, same accounts that can be used to play either on EU server either on US servers.
    As I already said there are not more differences between EU server and East coast servers than between West coast and East coast servers.
    Having french/german forum/websites is good for the ones who don't understand english (would be even better if maintenances or arc full integration were announced there as well though). They could also create spanish/russian/arabic/lithuanian versions if they want.
    However what would be the point about duplicating general discussion, class discussion or pvp wonderings sections just for Morai players in a new EU english forum ?
    More over, the merge has been done 1 year ago and still nothing.... Creating a Morai subsection would take what ? Maybe ten minutes..

The problem of the forums is not related to the game itself but to the support part (at least imo). It's a matter of how they want to organise and breakdown their internal structure. I just don't see a clear line in that part. From what I see, US staff considers the EU independant while the EU staff just hangs on the US staff whenever they want. Independant or centralized, either make sense. But right now it's just a mess with decisions going both ways.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    The problem of the forums is not related to the game itself but to the support part (at least imo). It's a matter of how they want to organise and breakdown their internal structure. I just don't see a clear line in that part. From what I see, US staff considers the EU independant while the EU staff just hangs on the US staff whenever they want. Independant or centralized, either make sense. But right now it's just a mess with decisions going both ways.

Hum... The fact is that the forums are not really meant for support according to me anyway. You can of course get some help from the community on the forums but in the end, if you have a real issue, then any GM/CM will tell you to create a ticket (and then if you want to submit a ticket in english there will be no way for you to select EU or US support and I don't really think that there is a separated english support for EU players)
    Forums are mainly there for people to discuss about the game and I don't see the need to separate people according to them playing on US servers or EU server. I can understand the desire to make different forums in other languages but not the need to make a new english forum just for the Morai community.
    Even for the news, as you said this is the same maintenance periods with the same patches, the same sales on the boutique. So the best for PWE would be to simply gather all the english content (as it is now in a way) They just need to add that Morai subsection and tell that there is officially one and only english forum for US and EU, and it would be ok... I don't know why this is not the case honestly.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    edited March 2014
    A bit off-topic but well ... I did some testing.
    (and then if you want to submit a ticket in english there will be no way for you to select EU or US support and I don't really think that there is a separated english support for EU players)

A ticket in English via FR forums (can't do it from here) get's replied to in French. I send a ticket in another language, also got replied to in French. When I send a ticket over the support replying in French, I got an English reply (but that was not maintained). If your tickets share a certain number of terms, it gets recognized as duplicate even if it's not.

So, it's probably a machine sending standard replies. Unless you send something special enough to be passed to a person, who will be able to reply in English.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Would it be possible to post a link to the Morai forum/website, please?

What is Morai, is it some sort of Fish? b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile