Nirvana and basic badges

Crygol - Sanctuary
Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
As we all know nirvana palace is currently unused (maybe 1 squad per month goes there for title) it might be good idea to add Basic Badges to this instance. So far i got 2 ways to make it work.
1) As drops. Currently they come from quests.. so it would mean badge could be added to the last boss only or make them drop from bosses
2) As quest reward. This would be better option (in my opinion atleast). Add basic badges to 99 key run quest, then it would have to be more than 1 tho, maybe 10, 20 if its for the leader only when finishing quest or 5 badges for everyone for the quest of spawning 99 key boss.

2nd option is good because 99 keys takes 25 days to get a set ready, so it cant be spammed much.
Only problem i see is casters.. they might be left out again. But when the reward would be for the whole squad i dont see any problem, why casters wouldnt be taken in, since they can also do their 99 key runs, when sins/bms run out of their keys.
Post edited by Crygol - Sanctuary on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I'm with you on this one and I think a lot of other people would be.

I need to check the Logs and my notes for this before I LOG it however either way it will get in the Log File,

Thanks,
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh look, this thread again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nirvana is very VERY easy to a group of apes and a veno, if they are going to do this I hope they increase the dificulty some how.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    I hope they don't kill warsong and lunar just to bring back nirvana. The nirvana obsession and class exclusions this lead to was one of the worst things to ever happen to this game. And that instance is way too easy to be adding basic badges to it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope they don't kill warsong and lunar just to bring back nirvana. The nirvana obsession and class exclusions this lead to was one of the worst things to ever happen to this game. And that instance is way too easy to be adding basic badges to it.

Implaying FWS and Lunar aren't easy. The only thing those two instances are is time consuming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014

This I agree with.

However you will still need the molds form Warsong n Luna. Since Nirvana is limited to 3/5 per day not take in into account Talis im not sure if it would not be that bad. Either way their must be a good way to do this we just have to find it!

Just had a thought what if they made it like FSP where you could only get so many per day by quest? Standard gives 3/4 99 keys gave 9?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    This I agree with.

However you will still need the molds form Warsong n Luna. Since Nirvana is limited to 3/5 per day not take in into account Talis im not sure if it would not be that bad. Either way their must be a good way to do this we just have to find it!

Just had a thought what if they made it like FSP where you could only get so many per day by quest? Standard gives 3/4 99 keys gave 9?

See the thing is, nirvana is so easy that it literally only took 5 minutes when the gear standard was g15. People have much better gear than that now. Which means even at 3 badges, that would blow the hassle of Lunar out of the water. I honestly do not see a point in doing Lunar runs (or Warsong once you got the mold) at all, which would take significantly longer than a nirvana run, for badges. Yeah there is still the molds but a lot of people get their molds before they are done with their badges. :P Even if you limited them per day, with all the time that Lunar takes, it just would no longer be worth it to run it. :P And nirvana as a farming instance limits class integration by design. Whereas Lunar and Warsong encourages class diversity. Whichever is the most needed farming instances, which currently is the one with the basic badges, should encourage class diversity so people feel good about playing whatever they want.

Now they could revive it with like crushed emblems, or let you farm something new in there. Something that would serve as an addition (and doesn't devalue the crafting service too much) to the current g16 gear so you'd still want to farm both, and in that way revive nirvana. Although while they are it, I also hope they make it more difficult as well.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'd rather they keep basic badges regulated to Lunar/WS and made Matchless+Crown or DoT+DoDs farmable in some capacity via Nirvana whenever it gets it's overhaul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also, they should not be adding value to stupid items like nirvana keys. I too have stacked them for a year just like reflection shards, attendance pages, delta entrance thingies and whatnot. NPCed them all.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • traeter
    traeter Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah that would be a good idea (have to probably increase the difficulty in bosses though**)

I know for sure PW-CN still goes to NV and NV is probably the best thing they farm on.
    For servers with Rank 9, NV and raging tide is pretty much dead....