Is it so hard to say goodbye?

TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
This is a thread for people to let PWE know if they are leaving or not due to the upcoming ARC implementation. If you select that you are leaving or already have left feel free to say so in the thread and let us other players no so we can give you a proper farewell. This is mostly just so players that plan on leaving can let their peeps in forums know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, I won't leave. At one time I thought about it early on when arc was first mentioned, but PWE becoming Arcgames I knew it would be an inevitable requirement. Games change, game licensees change, developers change, etc. Arc won't be the breaking point for me. I still enjoy the game the way I play it
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thebeast52
    thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    With the latest crash I am considering leaving the game after 4 yrs of playing. I have seen alot of change in PWI and it seems like things are just getting worse.
  • MoonWlLLow - Raging Tide
    MoonWlLLow - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have been on this server for 5 years, and it sad that alot of my friends are considering leaving... b:cry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Probably should have made it a public poll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014

Is this not a public poll? Can not anyone on forums take it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not me, even with the still glitchy ARC. Why would I leave for something this trivial?
    Sure it's annoying, but not unsurmountable.

Bye to whomever decides to leave!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You need to just click on the vote number tallies b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    You need to just click on the vote number tallies b:chuckle

Sometimes i forget how to push buttons. Then i remember that i dont have to...use the force luke
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I may, On one side im tired of PWE's abuse, they blatantly ignore the complaints towards their flagship game which makes me wonder if their other games are worse off or not. Their decision to put all this manpower towards arc instead of giving their games proper support, like Gms and tickets that lead somewhere make me seriously wonder if they see their players as more than moneybags that need to be babied towards charging, and with them blatantly ignoring complaints toward arc, i wont want to play any of their games.

On the other side i enjoy a lot about PW, and want to see how Archosaur tries to revitalize it. And I want to keep my friends that I've been playing with.

Though I'll probably just ask for contact info and wait to see if there's a workaround arc. If there isn't and arcs provides nothing to enhance PW then I'll end up just uninstalling.
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Leaving because some stuff moving to Arc??? really!!!
    If u want to leave just leave dont use stupid excuses, game has tons of bad stuff to leave for if u want, but leaving because somestuffs from game are going to arc is just dumb
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think you hit the nail on the head, Dragslave.

I quit playing fully a while ago, but keep looking back to see a positive change.

I used to spend a lot of time, and what for me was a lot of money on the game.

I started playing a while back, and made a lot of friends. My friends list used to practically full.

Now, its practically empty, as over time, all those new players I met left the game.

I was hopeful toward New Horizon, and had the totally baseless and insane idea that New Horizon would help once again bring new players en masse to the game. I was wrong. I made a new char instead of rebirthing, and found it feels like its dedicated to new alts instead.

Needless to say, PW is not really interested in attracting any new players, at least not any to PW. Could it be they would prefer to switch PWs player base to their other titles? I dont know the answer to that, and wont pretend to. *shrugs*

At best, people have seen me recently hanging out at Lucidsilver and Lucidgold - that is also to look for a positive change in the available player base at the normal EST USA hours that I have time to play. Its not there.

I had the silly idea of just looking to slowly farm R9. You know, take my time, and get it when and if I get it. The only problem there is, it seems anytime something happens to increase the playerbases gear power - R9 release, R9rr, Nuemas, etc., I dont know if those chars actually get any stronger or not. I do know that my char gets a bit weaker. Mobs I used to clear in 2 hits, now those same mobs take a long time to kill. My gears didnt change down any, but my power did somehow.

At any rate, as to what you said, I totally agree. If the game was straight and tight, I probably wouldnt have an issue with downloading ARC either. Im not saying anything about confidence in it at all, Im just saying it makes sense that if they are no longer doing business with Core Connect, it makes sense they would replace it with something else - ARC.

With my personal experience in the last couple of years in the game, I wont simply download ARC to get a Blessing I feel my char desperately needs to try to putt along in the game.

That doesnt mean others should necessarily have an experience simular to mine - but for me, I just dont see the point.

TZ as to your first question in your title - obviously yes, its that hard to quit completely. At least for me. b:chuckle But quiting playing and looking forward to the next expansion, its not difficult at all, in fact I practically did quit quite a while ago.

Im not voting in your poll question, because I already had quit playing when ARC was nothing more than twinkle in some PW Devs eye.

It would be nice if they would post a reason for their actions of leaving the game basicly trashed to dedicate their time to ARC. Maybe they feel they cant because they will use it to thwart something evil in the game, like DDoS attacks, hacks or whatever.

But, right now - its like watching a multiple trainwreck. I look on in horror, and want to look away. Sometimes I do, but its just temporary.

For me the game has become like a Soap Opera. I can stop looking for a month or two at a time, but if I watch it again, its like I missed none of the horror. For me and others like me - even from before my time - its become rather perverse. You cant imagine why it keeps getting worse and worse, instead of better and better. Like a little kid, sneaking out bed late at night to watch a dirty movie - what have they done to **** the game up more now? b:laugh

Its crazy - but I have to believe there IS a good reason for it. Im just like that - things need to make some kind of sense, and yet, for the longest time they havent.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text - and thanks for the poll.

*ghost giggles and shrugs*
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Leaving because a simple object changes? That's just silly.

Arc has done nothing to the play style of the game.
    In fact... so far Arc has made it much easier for me to get Blessings as I have multiple toons that require multiple blessings and I dislike multiple Facebook connecting b:surrender

-Also, I was too lazy to read anything beside the original post so sorry in advance if this was stated or relatively mentioned.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's see how fast our community can return the finger to PWE like we did with the DQ rewards. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • LadyOya - Raging Tide
    LadyOya - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Leaving because a simple object changes? That's just silly.

Arc has done nothing to the play style of the game.
    In fact... so far Arc has made it much easier for me to get Blessings as I have multiple toons that require multiple blessings and I dislike multiple Facebook connecting b:surrender

-Also, I was too lazy to read anything beside the original post so sorry in advance if this was stated or relatively mentioned.

This.

Those that was to leave because of Arc leave already. Typical of the OP to make a mountain out of a molehill.

The reason why I am leaving is because of the amount of abuse that takes place in this game. Abuse of players towards the system and abuse of player v player. There is no moderation by pwi in the game and as a result certain people are getting away with bullying and abuse because they cannot keep a check on themselves without moderation.

Now that is a better reason to quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvychar, for the awesome sig b:kissb:kissb:kiss
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    This.

Those that was to leave because of Arc leave already. Typical of the OP to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Nice english there. But to be honest many people have quit do to the inability to play pwi with arc on at the same time. Not everyone can afford the best computers possible or are willing to waste their time putting more money into their computer just to figure out how to run Arc and on their computers. BTW...the term molehill is kind of interesting since that little patch of dirt they throw up is hardly enough to be considered a hill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Nice english there. But to be honest many people have quit do to the inability to play pwi with arc on at the same time. Not everyone can afford the best computers possible or are willing to waste their time putting more money into their computer just to figure out how to run Arc and on their computers. BTW...the term molehill is kind of interesting since that little patch of dirt they throw up is hardly enough to be considered a hill.

Lol.

As for leaving - Arc is just one of those annoying cooked up sandwiches that a fast food joint has, but is making you eat. Just don't eat it. But they are not making it that simple. And they have been.known to not release 100% correct information about upcoming updates/changes. Bleh. pwi as a whole has gone through the tubes - if I were to leave, it would mostly be due to the direction that the game has been going, and some of the garbage people that I have met/had clashes with - waste of time and blood pressure lol but not because of garbage assss arc. RT is sloooooooowly becoming dull as hell.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I really don't care about arc, I had another game which forced me to use a stream like program to launch it, and it wasn't much a trouble. However, I am going slowly inactive because I don't like how things are working here. Heck, I just came back like 3 months ago after a 2 years "break" and I'm thinking already about leaving again.

Seeing how PWE doesn't care about anything makes me think this is a hopeless game, it was the same case 2 years ago.

I don't even know why I was specting a radical change.

"PWI is a good game with bad management"
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    I don't like arc being forced on. Not because it's arc, but because it's something new. I see no real gain in it while there will be bugs or simple looking for things. Resistance to change, nothing more nothing less. Just like when they change the organisation in the supermarket. It annoys me at start but I'll get used to it soon enough and there is a chance my attention comes to something new. Leaving over it seems exagerated.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arc is "easy-to-use platform" for developers and administration of pwi.

It is not for players.

If I say about me, then I not play in pwi (not even once during this year).

It is not because of poll or arc, of course, but because of game itself: only cash shoppers of pwi can play, for common players it is work, not game.

24/7 work or computer automated process (for what ?).
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes there are complaints about change that are deserved, such as the once new Youtube comments system and Google+ integration that ultimately served as a way for Google to try and expand it's wealth and power at the cost of user satisfaction.

Other times there are complaints about change because change is "2sp00ky4me!!" and not actually warranted, with hating on change being trendy and "k3w1."

Guess which category this falls into.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Leaving because some stuff moving to Arc??? really!!!
    If u want to leave just leave dont use stupid excuses, game has tons of bad stuff to leave for if u want, but leaving because somestuffs from game are going to arc is just dumb

I think Arc is simply "the last straw" for a lot of people. It isn't just Arc by itself.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think Arc is simply "the last straw" for a lot of people. It isn't just Arc by itself.

I won't morn a single moment for the people who let Arc dictate whether or not they will quit.
    If you want to quit, you would already. If you're still waiting for an excuse and even wait for April to quit, it's just seeking attention for your personal disagreements. Arc being the "last straw" would imply Arc is completely ruining your gaming experience, yet most people are hating arc because it is arc, or go on by rumours spread by other haters. Haters gonna hate, time for them to quit anyways.

I'm not quitting when they launch Arc as fully integrated but instead will wait and see if elementclient.exe will be remained easy to use or how the multi-clienting system will work. If multi-clienting is functional in Arc, I don't have a single problem launching Arc daily instead of only for weekly patches.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Personaly, I don't wanna quit. I don't understand why we will be obliged to use Arc and I really don't like that kind of policy, but I won't decide to stop playing just because of that.
    However I still don't know if my crappy computer will handle that (I already have a lot of lags during pvp events) and I'm very worried about multi-clienting as well.

I'll see next week what I will be obliged to do...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • nioooooo
    nioooooo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hit 100 a few times. made the tw , nw so on. cant compete with the ops. maybe i suck. made virtual buddies. installed updates but wont install this. wasnt gonna say goodby cus why would i? i never speak to them buddies again. no just posted here cus of random flux of topic and say not quit cus of arc. but cus of repetition and imbalance between paying(n cheating) players vs ftp players. i would never pay for something that can be swept away by someone in china that i can get for free elsewhere. new times. just my two euros. bbhfgl.

sry syntax
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arc isn't an issue for me. I couldn't care less. I don't like how pwi doesn't care about the player base, and all the other management issues, but it doesn't concern me. I am not going to abandon my friends on here just because of a few changes. change is a part of life. if/when I decide to leave, it'll probably be due to something concerning other players.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Arc isn't an issue for me. I couldn't care less. I don't like how pwi doesn't care about the player base, and all the other management issues, but it doesn't concern me. I am not going to abandon my friends on here just because of a few changes. change is a part of life. if/when I decide to leave, it'll probably be due to something concerning other players.
    Just to clarify, that's mostly Wanmei for the PWI client, and PWE for the websites and Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i dont think i will be leaving but yes PW is being neglected a tad.

I think the companys attention is being spread out too much, and they are also focusing alot on the newer games they have too which is understandable.

If any of you have subscribed to the other game Twitter feeds, you will find that a couple, say for example Neverwinter, is super active and updated and actually has a happy audience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is a thread for people to let PWE know if they are leaving or not due to the upcoming ARC implementation. If you select that you are leaving or already have left feel free to say so in the thread and let us other players no so we can give you a proper farewell. This is mostly just so players that plan on leaving can let their peeps in forums know.

For me it's not just Arc, but everything, they showed over the years that they don't listen to the community at all and that they have no clue how to deal with **** like glitches abuse (or glitches without abuse aka friday nw).

I'm just getting tired of how they treat the community like **** and take us for brainless idiots.

It's a free game, but c$ers get advantages over non-c$ers.

But then again, if it's like that here, it's probably like that everywhere, so why not continue here where I did spend time beside all reset at 0 in a new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver
    DemonZ_Fury - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why exactly would anyone be so childish as to quit the game simply because of the Arc client? I've personally had Arc on my pc for a year now and have had no issues with it. Sure there are things that need to be worked out, but PWE as a whole has been great with support and development of the games they have. I'm starting to get the feeling most everyone isn't happy unless they have something to complain about.

I will add in a side note here. The "lack of concern for the community" as so many have put it, fail to realize that as a company they still need to maintain a balance for ALL, not simply the ones that are most verbal on the forums. There are many more players than the handful that spend their time as the "community" here on the forums and the company needs to take into account as a whole, not merely as a partial standpoint. I've been with PWI since beta, I've played MANY other games and have been delt with so much worse by those companies. If I put a ticket in I am responded to promptly here and always have had a satisfactory result.

Issues will ALWAYS happen in any game, but at least here is a solid and strong player base that is willing to work together.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PWI is a great game and as much as some people in the community annoy me or poor management drives the game down it doesn't change that this game was really well made. For that reason I can ignore most the game glitches, pwi-staff goofs, and WC hoars and pvp egos.

But, a huge part of what makes this game fun is the squadplay and community. The fact that it is an 'MMO' rpg. As the community shrinks this game becomes less and less fun. An active economy is needed for free-to-play players to keep up with p2p. With less players there is less demand and turnover and profits dwindle. Some dungeons I prefer to avoid, like 3-2, but others I really enjoy like Lunar. So a large community means I can trade what I farm in Lunar for what I need from 3-2. Filling up squads becomes a larger amount of game time while actually playing becomes smaller and smaller.

I quit a few months ago due to horrid customer service. Just lost interest knowing that my work in game could disappear and I wouldn't get any support so my drive to play and farm went down. I've continued to leave my catshop up but I'm noticing fewer and fewer green dots on my map and names on my FL.

We can argue whether the game is dieing, but it's certainly not thriving. Mandatory ARC use isn't a big deal but with the community shrunk as it is even 10% of players leaving will make a big deal. Of the 90% of players that remain, lets say 5% more realize they have less friends online and also quit, so their freinds quit, so their friends quit... I