Latest Update [East Coast Servers]

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Hi all,

Thank you all for sticking with us today as we continue to triage the network issue we are currently experiencing – we've posted this blog with more information: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/3039013

Please be sure to check it out, as well as bookmark the Twitter link within it so you can stay up to date on the current outage status.

Once the issue is resolved, we'll be sure to provide a final update here.

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding, and we look forward to seeing you back in-game as soon as possible.

Thanks,

The PWI Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I hope there is a rollback in with this as well, with people getting thousands of supply tokens for no work.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I hope there is a rollback in with this as well, with people getting thousands of supply tokens for no work.

tons of ppl got 30+ 10* orbs and no roll back
    why would they do now ;/
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    There are no concerns of data loss, security, or anything of that nature.

Lucky!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

tons of ppl got 30+ 10* orbs and no roll back
    why would they do now ;/

Because they had a different 'solution' for that fiasco. This is easily fixed since servers were up for not even 30 minutes? I'm not holding my breath though. *Inb4more+10orbcompensation*

edit: also, completely off topic, sparkie has the most epic avatar ever.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Roll Back this **** ASAP Thousands of tokens for no work..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I just got home from work and wow can't believe the servers been down for that long.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • boxlover123
    boxlover123 Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    there will be no roll backs, since its even less damage than 10*orb fiasco
    and like always they dont give a damn about it
    but hey you should be used to that kind of treatment already b:chuckle
    pwi had always handled this kind of issue by ignoring the players
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    there is 0.0001% chance Gm will care about this and actually will do something
    Guess we all have to move on...again
  • Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Roll Back this **** ASAP Thousands of tokens for no work..
    Yeah its upsetting, i couldda used a few tokens as well. it stings so bad knowing that other players got them in abundance, i'd rather we all get some or nobody get any at all. But it doesn't work like that i guess. It would be so funny to see these users who got 999+ tokens for doing Nothing, to see their reaction if a server rollback did come, theoretically of course it more than likely wont happen. Try and stay humble.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You said it was a data center issue. Now its a networking issue. Shows that no one knows what is wrong, or there is a severe lack of communication at the offices.

Just curious will there be any compensation at all? I see people in world chat raging about it, was just curious.
    NGTUy53.png

• MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i hope they do a roll back, cause I think its frigging stupid, 10 mins of work in NW and people get 1k -2k tokens, I did the same work and got none! wth?? ROLLBACK and LOTS of freebies!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • Gongshow - Harshlands
    Gongshow - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lol gotta love it when u can do 1 nw instance and get some tokens lol ty pwi b:laugh
  • zippobeast
    zippobeast Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i now understand why they considered compensation for server downtime.

working overtime every week i don't have a lot of off days.

no fks were given. when u make this kinda money, u should make sure your #*(@ works. go lick a duck pwe.
  • Yaasborn - Harshlands
    Yaasborn - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So what is the compensation for the people that couldn't go to NW, and others gaining 2-3K tokens?

i also lost a full platinum HP charm on my auto cultivate, because it stayed online without moving while mobs were hitting it till it died, not to mention de gaurdian scroll ( even tho it's cheap, it has be mentioned )
  • Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SO people getting 2k+ tokens for 10 minutes of NW most didn't even get to attend because we didn't constantly refresh PW.

Whats the official response to that? is it the same, "Its a shame this happened and you didn't abuse it, it wont happen again but we don't really care about the imbalance this caused"

Cause i for one am tired of this trend PWE. Depending on how this plays out I might just end up asking for friends offline info and uninstalling & deleting all my PW stuff
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
  • DaBaddest - Harshlands
    DaBaddest - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    OK so people get 2k supply tokens for logging in 1 min sooner than me tonight in NW. Thats great considering you let people spam +10 orbs all night just a few months ago. Let me guess..
    "It was only a hand full of people, so it wont effect the server" again right? nice going gm's lets see how great you do with coming up with this excuse.
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I really hope this is a joke.

Sparky, lets see if your as true to your word as you said in the past. How is this injustice to be fixed? Will it be fixed?

If not, i can tell you now i WILL quit playing come April, there's a better game to play when it launches.

You can be rest assured i will NOT be cashing anymore. I'm tired of getting maggotts in my rice.
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Give every player on the server 1k tokens, you aint loosing anything by doing that b:bye
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I really hope this is a joke.

Sparky, lets see if your as true to your word as you said in the past. How is this injustice to be fixed? Will it be fixed?

If not, i can tell you now i WILL quit playing come April, there's a better game to play when it launches.

You can be rest assured i will NOT be cashing anymore. I'm tired of getting maggotts in my rice.
    I've thought about it and i figured out, there is really No way for them to compensate us if they wanted to, Whatever we get the guys who already got the 1-2k supply tokens would Also get it too. So it'll be like the rich getting richer.
  • livingonlife
    livingonlife Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I've thought about it and i figured out, there is really No way for them to compensate us if they wanted to, Whatever we get the guys who already got the 1-2k supply tokens would Also get it too. So it'll be like the rich getting richer.

^True
  • shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I demand compensation for east coast servers being down (resulting in supply token glitch) even though my server was completely unaffected.

Come on, you guys did it last time. b:chuckle
    I would appreciate it if PWE explored the same logic to handle this situation.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    You said it was a data center issue. Now its a networking issue. Shows that no one knows what is wrong, or there is a severe lack of communication at the offices.

Just curious will there be any compensation at all? I see people in world chat raging about it, was just curious.

One does not exclude the other. Datacenters have their own internal network or the fault could be with the datacentre-to-internet connection.

@Sparky: Suggest this to the GMs. Consult the playersbase of the server that has failed for compensation suggestions. Don't leave the decision to them, just... poll the playerbase and come up with ideas that way.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    shunsai wrote: »
    I demand compensation for east coast servers being down (resulting in supply token glitch) even though my server was completely unaffected.

Come on, you guys did it last time. b:chuckle
    I would appreciate it if PWE explored the same logic to handle this situation.

Some east coast servers went down at that time too. Just no one else gave a ***
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So a few players got compensations and others didnt ? Sounds like this is a game to leave ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So a few players got compensations and others didnt ? Sounds like this is a game to leave ASAP.

This isnt the issue, the issue is that as always pwe cant run a game to save their lives.

Not without alienating their player base and/or completely making a pigs ear of any given technical issue that then ultimately leads to a half assed job at either fixing the issue or appeasing their customers. That pay a lot of cash for service in any other walk of life would be rejected outright and people wanting their money back.

But hey its pwe we do what we want its in the ToS.... you gotta read the ToS
    (Terms of ****) -cough- Its in the ToS so tough luck!! We dont need to compensate you anything, but when we do we'll totally **** it up and make all you guys happy??? So ungrateful. b:shutup

Rince and repeat....

This is why im sick of it. Same old same old. So long b:bye
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I mean not that I care because I dont need tokens and the only reason I go to NW is to kos venos, but could they not just have waited and let everyone back on after NW had ended...
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • MoonWlLLow - Raging Tide
    MoonWlLLow - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Its not fair that only some are getting supply tokens for not doing anything... if you are going to give out supply tokens then everyone should get supply tokens.

Maybe you will see the failure in this when people start leaving the game and you start losing money!! b:angry
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lol, everyone raging about NW last night, yeah, it was 20-25 minutes of NW, and yeah a few of people got a LOT of tokens, but you can't rollback for this. There was no ToS breach by going to NW when everyone else didn't. If you really wanted to do NW, you couldn't checked the servers every 20-30 minutes, like I did in between games of League. Server came up, I did NW, I got paid for my participation. Simple as that, no fraud, no hax, just clean legitimate playing.
  • Adibeiie - Dreamweaver
    Adibeiie - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lol, everyone raging about NW last night, yeah, it was 20-25 minutes of NW, and yeah a few of people got a LOT of tokens, but you can't rollback for this. There was no ToS breach by going to NW when everyone else didn't. If you really wanted to do NW, you couldn't checked the servers every 20-30 minutes, like I did in between games of League. Server came up, I did NW, I got paid for my participation. Simple as that, no fraud, no hax, just clean legitimate playing.

Well said. Those who were paying attention and got back in (unfortunately I wasn't paying close enough attention, or I would have gladly joined NW) didn't do anything wrong. Sure, 95% of us missed a night of NW, but its not like this massively changes the NW market or anything...the "normal" amount of tokens distributed to each player per NW were just distributed to a smaller pool of individuals who paid attention and got back in as soon as servers were up.

What will people want a rollback for next? Receiving chips as their BH reward? Let's be serious for like 2 seconds... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dreamweaver ~ Tempest ~ 105/102/102 Cleric
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I mean not that I care because I dont need tokens and the only reason I go to NW is to kos venos, but could they not just have waited and let everyone back on after NW had ended...

This^

It's the flagship instance in the game. Has been since it's inception.

It's only run's twice a week and for most it's the only way to make coin in good quanty.

Yes you can BOT (which btw is a joke in itself) but isnt a possibility for a large number of people.

@Angels_Age Yes i agree with your comments, but it's the cumulative affect of event's that's happened. Even before the Ocean Orb fiascio. Which btw was something to be truely proud of. Wish i had that on my CV.

Simple truth is, this game is a complete nonsence now. Both in the game's direction in term's of development and the way it's managed. Or not. Sad.... perhap's i have just reached the end if the road playing this game. b:sad
This discussion has been closed.