How to use my full potential as a Mystic ?

2»

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Google it.

I never got the armor myself because at the time I was basicly PvE, but participated in TW & later NW, which as Zoldi said, the armor is no good for.

I was just reading a thread from 2012 that said the gears are G12 and simular to TT90 gears; and, describes Warding/Slaying to be simular to Defence/Attack levels, and said that the Warding/Slaying does multiply with Defence/Attack.

Im not sure what the difference is but it was also pointed out that unlike Defence Levels, Warding reduces damage taken (I would have assumed its basicly the same thing :s).

It seems that in comparing traditional game gears to Morai gears, the Morai gear Warding levels provides a small percentage reduction in damage taken bonus on mobs of your same level higher than the traditional gears approx. The mobs tested to come up with that comparison all seemed to be located in Morai as well.

On its own, with no comparison to other gears, its about a 43% reduction to damage taken.

In the end in what I read, it was determined that even for PvE, the G12 Morai was not as good as TT90.

Please note that changes to the game over time since last year (bugs, etc) could have changed what was said in that 2012 thread.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The level 95 armor that you get for doing quests in Morai is terrible. The weapon that you get for completing the questline is actually good though.

The level 100 Morai gear is not realistically obtainable anymore so ignore that.

The level 101 Morai gear obtained from the Orders is good, but no longer cost-effective since Nirvana gear is so cheap these days.

So no I would not recommend going for Morai gear these days.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In the end in what I read, it was determined that even for PvE, the G12 Morai was not as good as TT90.

Actually there are two different Morai sets. First one (G12) is the one you can get as reward for the first quests you have in Morai while being 95+
    But the G15 set (the one in my link) is better (you need to farm a little more though and I haven't done it yet but will try to get it for some alts one day)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The level 101 Morai gear obtained from the Orders is good, but no longer cost-effective since Nirvana gear is so cheap these days.

So no I would not recommend going for Morai gear these days.

I didn't check carefully prices and time needed for this Morai set but I thought it could be a good option for people who don't find team to farm badges with their current stuff.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the clarification, Zoldi. b:thanks

The thread I read was probably made before anyone had gotten the higher gears.

And, yes, CapnK, the thread I read agrees with you that the weapon was better than the traditional weapon for PvE. b:victory

I didn't check carefully prices and time needed for this Morai set but I thought it could be a good option for people who don't find team to farm badges with their current stuff.

I remember when I got to the G15 level I priced the gears, and Im not sure what piece I was interested in but I remember a price of 17 Million, which as CapnK points out the Nirvana gears make it seem like the Morai is not as good of a value as one would first think, at least in part due to its lack of being able to be used in TW & NW (and other PvP).

They DID say in the 2012 thread that it was good for farming. +1.
  • mrcharlythree
    mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Google it.

I have the Acrobat gear atm (plus Sleeves of Sea Captain with 4x40hp shards).

The morai gear doesn't seem to be much better, apart from the warding level bonus. In instances I'm nearly always running as support these days anyway.
    edited December 2013
    Idk your level, but Acrobat are good gears. If you are grinding the mats and making your own gears, you might as well get the Sleeves and Boots too.

The sleeves and boots can be of use to level 100 and beyond. -6% channeling on Sleeves of the Sea Captain isnt going to make or break you anyway. In and of itself, its hardly noticeable.

It would be nice if a Morai-geared Mystic would post. Although I agree with CapnKs analysis, an opinion from someone who has been there and done that would be much more informational.

*ghost shrugs*
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't bother with the morai stuff, honestly. And TT90 is part of your looong endgame, which is G16 nirvana if not r9. So just keep going o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What about weapon? I'm still using Aquadash, at lvl93.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    HolyMyst - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From what I have read from other threads in the mystic forums aquadash can last you till lvl 100, so just keep using it and be glad you have it, I want that weapon so much and eveytime I see someone with one b:cry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep, the poster above me is right. I also used my aquadash until 100 and it did just fine. Prices have dropped quite a bit since then too so it's a very good option o:

Going for the TT here isn't that much of a good idea actually. You will need a TT99 weapon for your g16 in the end (unless you go r9 or lunar), but then Divine Aegis is your best option. No lower level souledges needed to make it and the cheapest of all. And you can craft it into a wand/sword/pataka/glaive when you go nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    I realize something and I want to verify it by you all, it has to do with Falling petals. I notice after applying it and the heal starts to tick and I apply it again the second falling petals stays while the first is ticking( if you only got hit in the time the first one starts to heal), so I was wondering if by getting hit once with the first one applied and then apply it again they can if stack not by both of them ticking at the same time but kind of like a time extension, so you don't have to wait till the icon disappears completely to reapply it, is this the case or am I mistaken ?
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I realize something and I want to verify it by you all, it has to do with Falling petals. I notice after applying it and the heal starts to tick and I apply it again the second falling petals stays while the first is ticking( if you only got hit in the time the first one starts to heal), so I was wondering if by getting hit once with the first one applied and then apply it again they can if stack not by both of them ticking at the same time but kind of like a time extension, so you don't have to wait till the icon disappears completely to reapply it, is this the case or am I mistaken ?

After applying a second FP the first ones gets overwritten completely and it will stop healing. The second will behave normally and only activates if you were hit from the moment after you activate it. So no there's no way to stack them.

This is something I use often. When it happens that I get hit and my FP starts healing but the person who hit me died or is no longer focused on me and I'm at full hp, I use a second FP to rewrite the first one before it finishes its 9 seconds to be prepared for the next hit.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From what I have read from other threads in the mystic forums aquadash can last you till lvl 100, so just keep using it and be glad you have it, I want that weapon so much and eveytime I see someone with one b:cry

Aww, I'll give you mine if I hit 100 before you. :c
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Aww, I'll give you mine if I hit 100 before you. :c

I would really appreciate that Puddinsundae
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would really appreciate that Puddinsundae

You can also get a Silverrain (pataka) which is cheaper and have the same stats than an Aquadash (glaive).

Silverrain: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/24930

Aquadash: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16100

The damage is really similar and for lvl 90-100 it do pretty much the same job, but the Silverrain is cheaper usually just before Christmas I saw at 3-4m in AH.
  • HolyMyst - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Have to say im get a bit better at being a mystic, lvl 95 with my silverian ( cant remember correct spelling) as my main weapon and just got the morai magic weapon for DD in pve. My reacting time is still terrible though, but when it comes to healing and can figure out what to do next so I don't have the deer in head lights look but in fights that's a different story. Did Nw over the week end and came out with 88 coins, not strong enough to do any actual damage to people so I play the support and troll role, give res to people in my nation and heal whoever needs healing and during bridge fights I switch to a troll mode b:laugh, nothing more annoying while during your combo a blue flower pops out of no where and put you to sleep or when you are trying to kill someone and he keeps coming back and getting healed (by me hiding behind something b:chuckle). There was this one bridge fight where a barb would just camp right under where we spawn so whoever jumps down he goes after, so I decide to stun lock him with devil ( first time I jump down he split my head in half with one swipe of his pole axe b:sad) and while I was locking him down the rest allies would jump down and gang up on him b:victory, so just wondering is there anything else at my current strength that I can do or should be able to do at this point in Nw ?
  • Redoubt - Harshlands
    Redoubt - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Falling petals, salvation shield and BitC.

Salvation Pet 11 Warp Shield and somewhat high channelling gear is my core. If chan is below 30, I get annoyed.