What is the gold price buy and sell on each server?

Options

Comments

• kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My very 1st post after playing forever but maybe just maybe part of the reason is that in europe we are paying more for our gold than the US who buy in dollars. Before they changed the rules I could buy 60 gold on sale time for 30 pounds sterling whereas now it costs around 40. Not so many real cash buyers so gold price is higher!!!
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Seems plausible to me. I think there is more sanity to be found in europe and few cashshoppers than in US.

Haha Europe is cash shop hell bro.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    in DW now its like by 200k less, was 2,3 mil now 2,1
    Hope it will go more down :/
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    kefal wrote: »
    My very 1st post after playing forever but maybe just maybe part of the reason is that in europe we are paying more for our gold than the US who buy in dollars. Before they changed the rules I could buy 60 gold on sale time for 30 pounds sterling whereas now it costs around 40. Not so many real cash buyers so gold price is higher!!!

Thats due to the exchange rate. You can't blame pwi for that. 1 gold = $1.
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I was not blaming PWI but the reason gold is more expensive is because originally when playing on US server(before the european server was born) you bought gold in dollars but after a while pwi said european players had to pay VAT and buy in euros. They said it was european regulations!!! I have to believe what they say and they refuse to let me buy in dollars even though I still had and was playing toons on US server!! Hence I changed to european server.
  • Demandragore - Heavens Tear
    Demandragore - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Looks like inflation is finally catching up on HT server. It was 2mil/gold each before the chip sales. We're going to hit the 3mil/gold each with the ocean orb sales!

With the invasion of bots farming ridiculous amount of coins everyday, while no coin-sink was introduced, expect a never-ending gold inflation b:laugh
    Magnanimous_
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    expect a never-ending gold inflation b:laugh

Isn't there a limit set at 4M ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

If true this is actually bad for the economy, if gold value were to rise this high, all you would see in AH is a tonne of buy orders at 4m and not single gold being sold.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If true this is actually bad for the economy, if gold value were to rise this high, all you would see in AH is a tonne of buy orders at 4m and not single gold being sold.

Not to mention that items can still be sold for more then their gold price x 4mil. This would massively favor charging players.
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On HT gold is sold with ~3.5 mil. This is fricking insane.
    Its almost double the price than on the other servers!

And YES, there are people that buy at that price. Some dudes are just plain animality "innocent".
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On HT gold is sold with ~3.5 mil. This is fricking insane.
    Its almost double the price than on the other servers!

And YES, there are people that buy at that price. Some dudes are just plain animality "innocent".

Lulz! Insane?

You got gold at 3.5 for a day or so and you call it insane?
    On morai the gold at more than 3.5 is the norm since a long time ago now.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    And YES, there are people that buy at that price...

Some not mean all ...
    I could write a book to reply to you but... If you learn to merchant, you might bypass all this and buy rank 9 in a month......

Where are you R9 smart one-month winners ? Please, explain to common players, how they can
    "merchant" ...
    b:laugh
  • biseptolica
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yes insane.

Not all people can spend 1400 $ to make r9 set of armor.
    It is virtualy imposible to farm ( as in work ig ) r9 things as buying that gold with coins takes 5-6 years at this rate.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yes insane.

Not all people can spend 1400 $ to make r9 set of armor.
    It is virtualy imposible to farm ( as in work ig ) r9 things as buying that gold with coins takes 5-6 years at this rate.

WRONG!!! As a part-time merchant got my R9 armor in nine months just by buying and selling D. Orbs. I've been a lot more lazy about getting my weapon but the trick is buy and selling goods that are ALWAYS in demand, like orbs, GST, MoGs, and SoW. Set your profit margin 5, 10, 15% and merchant away.

Sure the price of gold has gone up but so has the cost of goods to trade.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options

I'm not sure if I mix up this limit with the one on another version or not but I guess we will soon know on Morai if this limit exists.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

heard the same rumor, shortly before morai reached 3 mil..and guess what..^^

and the main problem on morai arent the bots, the main problem was the lack of users in NW, before merge. (which resuled in a few hundred token per player)
    nw items were too easy and too fast to obtain and even the cashers finished their gear months before the other servers did.
    you see the outcome now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • preston77
    preston77 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    preston77 wrote: »

LOL

i guess the only gold sold during whole day was mine i guess

but yea i saw gold orders for 3999000 that is market cap

and fixing a market cap with such unlimited demand will lead server economy to crash soon

(people with billions of coins unable to buy boutique items)
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    2.3m buy and 2.6m sell on DW server luckily.
    Looks like we have decent economy still here \oi/

Wonder if they'll raise the 4m cap soon for morai
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

gg. We're ****ed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    LOL

i guess the only gold sold during whole day was mine i guess

but yea i saw gold orders for 3999000 that is market cap

and fixing a market cap with such unlimited demand will lead server economy to crash soon

(people with billions of coins unable to buy boutique items)

Not totally right Hot. I placed also a small amount of gold for highest possible price into AH ;)
    well just for fun, because I also wanted to sell one time in my life with highest rate possible :p

Afterwards, I also saw some people who offered direct sales with 10* orbs.
    Using safty trading option via AH was partly not used anymore.

I think Morai community can only hope, that also prices on other servers will go wrong and US Support Team will find out solutions. I dont have any hope that Morai support team (which should act first), really give a statement or working on such problems.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    WRONG!!! As a part-time merchant got my R9 armor in nine months just by buying and selling D. Orbs. I've been a lot more lazy about getting my weapon but the trick is buy and selling goods that are ALWAYS in demand, like orbs, GST, MoGs, and SoW. Set your profit margin 5, 10, 15% and merchant away.

Sure the price of gold has gone up but so has the cost of goods to trade.

And even if you will try now to "merchant" gold, then you will be not able to do it right now:

If gold is rare, then it's price is high (same for price of boutique items is high and their quantity is small).
    Wiki wrote:
    Economic theory asserts that in a free market economy the market price reflects interaction between supply and demand: the price is set so as to equate the quantity being supplied and that being demanded.

Now supply is always less, than demand and price will always rise.

Those, who can buy cash shop items are unique, while most of players are without cash shop items.
  • biseptolica
    edited March 2014
    Options
    IG market is ruled by the rich players ( in coins ), has to do directly with the playing age of the players. The old players with 3 or 4 years of playing own the market.
    New comers players have no chance but beeing TT99 forever, eventualy after 1-2 years to hope for some T3 parts. As for R9+12... drop it and forget it.

Good job market.

Sweetiebot, take 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide, because he can't organize a faction.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot, take 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide, because he can't organize a faction.
    biseptolica removes 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide!
    Colum - Raging Tide is now in 22nd place for March 2014 with 1 point (1 point overall).
    biseptolica can still remove another 3 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I think Morai community can only hope, that also prices on other servers will go wrong and US Support Team will find out solutions. I dont have any hope that Morai support team (which should act first), really give a statement or working on such problems.

there are only 2 possible solutions:

1: pwi creates a demand for coins , so coins actually needed again in this game

2: simply raise the gold selling cap to ,lets say 10m

guess which one we will see?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    there are only 2 possible solutions:

1: pwi creates a demand for coins , so coins actually needed again in this game

2: simply raise the gold selling cap to ,lets say 10m

guess which one we will see?

3) mass rage quits from all people that don`t cs if 2nd option would take place.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

1) Remove auto cultivation

alternatively;

2) Apply the same 'earning time limited' zone as you get in Primal to the rest of the world map and OHT.

Either of those will fix the gold price inflation. Simples.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

alternatively;

2) Apply the same 'earning time limited' zone as you get in Primal to the rest of the world map and OHT.

Best solution imo, removing it entirely would bum out a lot of regular players (I'm sincerely happy to auto-cultivate some dreading dailies saving me the headache there) and giving the "earning time limit" say roughly 6hrs instead of the massive hours that primal has (up to 14hr orsomething?) should be a big fix on the gold coins.

Any other solution will result in an increasement of the gold cap, as they've done in the past. Even more people QQ'ing with that and if you think new players (1-2 toons) will be able to start competing with the older players (10+ alt farmings toons I hear daily), welp, you're gonna have a baaad time. People have already QQ'd about little new players..gee I wonder why? >_>
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Of course they gonna increase the cap... but maybe not in the near future.

Anyway a lot of you are talking about "new demand of coins" and maybe this is actually needed.
    But I think one important thing is also the customers satisfaction. I don't have any number, but talking about my own experience (faction mates, friends, ...) it seems that several "heavy C$ers" don't give money anymore to PWE. They continue playing while being unsatisfied by PWE but they don't invest real money in the game anymore which means less gold available .
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

alternatively;

Nope.

1) Limit server connections per IP to 2 -> Kill everyone who has entire botfarms running off. This WILL generate whining from people "who have 7 family members who play", but frankly I don't buy it that you've got 7 family members who are all interested in playing a BM that endlessly bashes up the same monster type...
    2) Ban anyone and everyone using bots that are not autoculti, including accounts receiving the benefits from them. Once a couple of R9RR+12s start to kapoof people might take the hint and play fair. I've been tagging a number on them but so far, surprise surprise, no action from admin central. I still tag em though.
    3) Make +1 DOrbs and chip packs an event boutique item. Trashes the excessive demand for them.

And maybe, but that's just a personal opinion: 4) Redo Bloodpaint, maybe so that it only works on damage dealt by skills. Sins are WAY too easy to autoculti with these days.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.