What is the gold price buy and sell on each server?

Options
Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Saw a WC yesterday on my server for someone asking to trade gold for coins on morai server from ours or something like that(We rarely ever see this type of thing in WC), but they said morai gold prices were 3.8m.

Dreamweaver:

Buy: 2.3m

Sell: 2.4m-2.8m

Archosaur:

2.4m

Lost City:

2.3m-2.4m

Sanctuary:

2.4m
Post edited by Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Seems plausible to me. I think there is more sanity to be found in europe and few cashshoppers than in US.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Last I checked, gold is around 2.3-2.4 mil on Lost City.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Around 2.4mil on Sanctuary too. Sometimes it goes lower and sometimes a bit higher but it's been like that the past few days due to the sales probably.

Previously, gold was sitting at a steady 1.7mil - 1.9mil.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Long gone are the days of gold being 95k...
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Gold on arch is around 2.4m now but this is the highest it has ever been for an extended period of time that I have seen. Just a year ago, gold was trading at 1 to 1.5 m depending on sales . I think that is mostly due to a significantly reduced amount of gold being sold through AH (lower supply) and this sale on the new veno pets (first time they've been on sale as far as I know).

I remember at one point last year I was able to buy enough gold for 88,000 dragon fire packs in one week during a 20/3.15g sale (over 4400 gold at about 1.3m per gold... I used to log all my boutique transactions, sales, and profits until my log file became corrupted). This past orb sale I got around 20,000 dragon fire packs over the whole sale period (2 weeks?) with gold at around 1.9m and checking every 30 minutes or so while online to make sure I had the high bid.

The reason for the lower trade volume of gold probably has more to do with people spending more in the boutique vs selling it as opposed to a reduced volume of zen being purchased.

I would have bought my veno a new pet in the sale if gold stayed at ~2m but at this price it would be cheaper to buy it off sale when the gold price surge ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On Raging Tides Gold is at 2.7 mil each
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On Morai it's getting slightly outta hand.

Buy: 3.300.000,-
    Sell: 3.400.000,- to 3.600.000,-

Ya, our economy is screwed^^
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    before I logged off Hashlands was starting to get into 2.4m sell/2.5m buy,
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Long gone are the days of gold being 95k...

When even 1 player buy gold for R9 from Auction house, he use near 1500 gold.
    Cost of Rank IX When Bought from the Boutique:

300,000 Reputation (108 Gold)
    19 Medals of Glory (380 Gold)
    205 General Summer's Tokens (1025 Gold)
    1513 Gold

Then price of gold can rise to the highest possible mark, because gold become much more valuable, than coins.

Name of this process is inflation.

Look at Auction House to see, how many gold propose sellers and compare it to amount of gold necessary for "free to play" players (workers).
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sell 3.7 million
    Buy 3.2 million
    per gold on Morai
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    People on Morai are just becoming more and more crazy...
    The fact that this is he most recent server is probably not enough to explain this current gold price compared to other servers.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The fact that this is he most recent server is probably not enough to explain this current gold price compared to other servers.
    Or there are less gold sellers and more gold buyers.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Directly, after announced chip sales, the amount of gold prices went to 3.8kk on Morai.
    But at the moment they go back as others already stated out.

I think its not only important to compare gold prices but even other things, which are offered on market (only significant items).

e. g. DOD and Vit Stones which have prices at the moment about 100kk on Morai.

... and I agree with Zoldi. Prices going just crazy on Morai at the moment.
    Its alreads amazing how much you need to pay for a SoT.

b:surrender
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

It boils down to most people on our server being greedy, having no real heavy CSers, and at the same time having everyone be extremely cheap. It's a very odd combination to have people only wanting to sell extremely high and buy extremely low. Usually you'll have some kind of middleground but damn near everyone on Morai is so far gone when it comes to their greed mang.

Of course auto cultivation didn't help the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No one gives a **** about GSTs.

Hoards of venos are flooding the market with cheap white fashion and pushing gold prices to stratospheric heights for the legendary..

Monkey king.

b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hoards of venos are flooding the market with cheap white fashion and pushing gold prices to stratospheric heights for the legendary..

Monkey king.

You have some sort of obsesion with fluffy venos ijs

PS: I'm trying to buy ALL gold in LC, and I don't even get a chance, meaning half server is doing the same... BUT still there's a **** load of gold being sold... We're a lucky full CSers server :D Free players enjoy it :D
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Monkey king.

Sorry mate, I'm not for sale... b:avoid
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    e. g. DOD and Vit Stones which have prices at the moment about 100kk on Morai.

... and I agree with Zoldi. Prices going just crazy on Morai at the moment.
    Its alreads amazing how much you need to pay for a SoT.

b:surrender

Yeah... and what about people selling (or maybe just trying to?) FSP coins 350-400k ?
    I'm really wondering what would be their prices on other servers.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I heard that during the first night of rank9 sale, the gold in morai reached even 4 mil at piece.
    But I was not present, so I don't know if that rumor is true or not.

What I know is that at one point gold really reached 3.8...
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If you just want to compare gold prices between servers, it isn't that hard to make a new character on each server you don't have one already, go to your racial city and check the gold market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options

I think it comes down mainly to the state of the server and it's support. To many are still pissed over the server issues, followed by rollback and then the slap in the face with the ridiculous "compensation" while support being totally absent. This must have impacted the behaviour of charging players. Several seem less active (so probably charging less), not to mention some refusing to spend money after that all. I'm not sure if it will last, but for the upcoming few months, it will probably stay this way... Untill the issue is forgotten or till it becomes an opportunity for others to become the new big names on the server.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

Monkey king.

I'm so happy our venos dont seem to actively care about Wukong or the Harpy 2.2m gold is fine, but that also means i cant sell them so i guess its sad too
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Harpies in general are not popular on PvP servers because they are a PvE pet. It's a god damn awesome PvE pet but..yeah just for PvE. Sure, there's PvE on PvP servers (ya know, instances and stuff) but Monkies will have a priority..but I guess Harshlands Venomancers don't care too much? f:sweat
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Hisiala - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    I think it comes down mainly to the state of the server and it's support. To many are still pissed over the server issues, followed by rollback and then the slap in the face with the ridiculous "compensation" while support being totally absent. This must have impacted the behaviour of charging players. Several seem less active (so probably charging less), not to mention some refusing to spend money after that all. I'm not sure if it will last, but for the upcoming few months, it will probably stay this way... Untill the issue is forgotten or till it becomes an opportunity for others to become the new big names on the server.

I think the escalation in gold prices started when the two european servers merged into one.
    Then things happened and we're at this insane point.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think the escalation in gold prices started when the two european servers merged into one.
    Then things happened and we're at this insane point.

I don't really remember any escalation after the merge.
    Gold price was a little lower on Momaganon than on Lothranis and after the merge it was maybe a little more than on Lothranis but nothing really significant (maybe if you come from Momaganon it sounded more significant to you though).
    I remember that prices were quite the same as the ones on Harslands at that time.
    Then prices increased on every server I guess, because of Jones quests and now auto-cultivation.
    Prices always increase as well for R9 sales, maybe more on Morai than on US servers.

And I now suppose that what has been said about rollback is correct
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »

CSers stop cashing/leaving the game -> non CSers cant buy gold -> economy crashes -> players leaving -> server finally dead

Good job PWI. Nothing but incompetence, stubbornness and ignorance. Feels more and more like good old PW MS under GameForge dictatorship....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Harpies in general are not popular on PvP servers because they are a PvE pet. It's a god damn awesome PvE pet but..yeah just for PvE. Sure, there's PvE on PvP servers (ya know, instances and stuff) but Monkies will have a priority..but I guess Harshlands Venomancers don't care too much? f:sweat

I've seen one harpy and heard about another, though ive seen 2 or 3 monkey kings, most people are happy with nix and herc atm. I just want harpy for my veno because its such a pretty pet even thought its PvE.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Hisiala - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't really remember any escalation after the merge.
    Gold price was a little lower on Momaganon than on Lothranis and after the merge it was maybe a little more than on Lothranis but nothing really significant (maybe if you come from Momaganon it sounded more significant to you though).
    I remember that prices were quite the same as the ones on Harslands at that time.
    Then prices increased on every server I guess, because of Jones quests and now auto-cultivation.
    Prices always increase as well for R9 sales, maybe more on Morai than on US servers.

And I now suppose that what has been said about rollback is correct

That's why I said it started. Yeah, at first it wasn't much, but since merge it never stopped going up.
    And recently because of things (rollback, no support, slaps in the face), gold has literally skyrocketed. Thankfully, now it has lowered a bit to 3.5, but it's still high compared to what it was before merge, or even compared to other servers.
    And I was on french server (I think it's name was Lothranis, right?), but back then I paid very little attention to it because I wasn't trying to get myself r9.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ... main problem on Morai is the bazillion autoculti 'sins hunting DQ items day and night. Seriously, sins are -way- too good at that... It's a matter of "create char, produce TT interval dagger, rake in coins". I -strongly- suspect there's a few individuals with more then 2 accounts per player running there. A lot more. And that those individuals are a bit part of the economy being out of whack on Morai... Simple solution: Limit server connections to 2 per IP.

And then there's the bots that aren't using autoculti (which I keep reporting, but don't seem to be able to get support to do a thing about - hello guys? Follow the money, close the account benefitting from it, problem solved?). I digress...

It'd probably help to toss one of the majoy coiner items in the event store. Heck, throw nontradeable chip packs in the event store for 1 eventgold a piece. Or a reputation item. That'd give the "workers" a chance to boost themselves to rank 8 or rank 9.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ... main problem on Morai is the bazillion autoculti 'sins hunting DQ items day and night. Seriously, sins are -way- too good at that... It's a matter of "create char, produce TT interval dagger, rake in coins". I -strongly- suspect there's a few individuals with more then 2 accounts per player running there. A lot more. And that those individuals are a bit part of the economy being out of whack on Morai... Simple solution: Limit server connections to 2 per IP.

And then there's the bots that aren't using autoculti (which I keep reporting, but don't seem to be able to get support to do a thing about - hello guys? Follow the money, close the account benefitting from it, problem solved?). I digress...

That should be the exact same on every PvE server. That doesn't explain why Morai specifically is so much higher then the rest, while it went from way lower prices pre-merge to similar prices post-merge. If you see the difference, that's not just a couple more f2p players going r9 because of the server being younger then the rest.

I think of the horrible state of the support because that's also my personal case. If event times were adapted on the US servers, I'd probably go back there. This makes me just care les and not spend on PWI, while before I would. Seeing how many of the big names are way more absent then before and not having as many S cards as to be expected, I'm sure this is the major reason for gold prices being so ridiculous on Morai.
    It'd probably help to toss one of the majoy coiner items in the event store. Heck, throw nontradeable chip packs in the event store for 1 eventgold a piece. Or a reputation item. That'd give the "workers" a chance to boost themselves to rank 8 or rank 9.

Putting desired stuff in event boutique would only encourage botting imo. I don't really care about the bots though. The more and the faster Morai get's messed up, the bigger the chance of measures being taken. If not, a quick painles death > slowly emptying server.