Warning - DONT lern Gravel Blade!

Options
Niobus - Archosaur
Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Seeker
The title alreads stats what I want to say...

I lerned that skill today, but there is a big disatvantage to it: It removes the 2 sword buffs involved. To trigger their effect now you need to attack with that skill and its a single target. So you wont be able to AoE stun at all and Gemini slash can now only trigger 1 target as welkl, since you only can debuff one target. So, just wana warn you: Dont lern that skill till they fixed it and added back the original sword buffs. If not that skill is useless and only weakens a seeker that lerned it.
Post edited by Niobus - Archosaur on

Comments

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:surrender thats an intentional buff removal btw, not a glitch so they will not fix it. it would be nice a undo method but theres none yet. its down to personal judgement if you get it or not. i will get it because i never use parchedbladed and soulsever in pvp
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • FlailSticks - Heavens Tear
    FlailSticks - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:surrender thats an intentional buff removal btw, not a glitch so they will not fix it. it would be nice a undo method but theres none yet. its down to personal judgement if you get it or not. i will get it because i never use parchedbladed and soulsever in pvp

^ dis

if you're able to learn this skill chances are pve is easy enough already, the skill is geard toward pvp.

all in all get it for better pvp or don't get it for pve aoe debuffs your choice
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I thought that could happen after reading the description. Since it doesn't allow you to debuff more than one target, I am not learning it.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well, I do well enough in 1v1 pvp as it is :s I still enjoy pve / group pvp so I'd rather keep aoe marking myself.
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The title alreads stats what I want to say...

I lerned that skill today, but there is a big disatvantage to it: It removes the 2 sword buffs involved. To trigger their effect now you need to attack with that skill and its a single target. So you wont be able to AoE stun at all and Gemini slash can now only trigger 1 target as welkl, since you only can debuff one target. So, just wana warn you: Dont lern that skill till they fixed it and added back the original sword buffs. If not that skill is useless and only weakens a seeker that lerned it.

Being someone whos had this skill for a month and a half now I think its right if i provide my opinion and some insight. Gravel Blade is not essential but its definitely NOT useless by any means necessary. I knew what it did before I got it because I read it and did pass some bias judgement especially losing the aoe capabilities but what I see it is I loss minimum but gained a bonus. I now use Duelist glee in pvp 100% of the time because of this. Now when i use gravel blade I have a 65% chance to give Soulsever and a 25% Bloodlett (stalagstrike) or it can give BOTH and a 20% chance to hit you with the Parry debuff so odds are you will be getting something nasty. There has been times when i would give all 3 debuffs on my targets and really *** them over a disarm a stun and a 10% atk/def reduction all in a short amount of time, no knowing all this if you call this skill in pvp worthless come see me I'll make you eat those words. Yes the aoe capabilities we loose those but amazing skills like heart seeker and ion spike aren't overwritten by soulsevers damn high % chance, also let me ask you this. Have you ever been able to give your target ion spike debuff then follow it with gemini debuff successfully thats like 1125 metal damage + the phy thats like our own personal blade tempest. You dont need the skill but its definately very useful its its own way. The only one i wont be getting is glowblade because 1 skill to proc that and its a low 20%? thats stupid but gravel is not bad and windblade is great. The merges weaken us in group pvp a bit but greatly strengthens us in 1v1 something seekers were lacking in. I recommend the skill to others if you really enjoy pvp if all you do is pve then this is definately not for you but it is NO WAY useless b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    im actually enjoying this now more in NW/TW, its pretty useful. Not like in the sense that it does 'more' but it saves you the hassle of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was gonna make a new thread but maybe somebody will be able to answer this then for me since there isn't any mention at all about game mechanic's and how new skills work in conjunction with old skills OK we all know how we get screwed when using other stances and trying to metal proc with ion, so an interesting thought anybody have let's say wind blade and glowing blade?? But still have the original soul sever for aoe procing? Do the new skills chance for proc get nerfed like ion When used in old stances like soul sever or is it really the chance it says in skills list? In honest truth most getting new skills keeping with Jones but most of em arnt built aoe friendly I mean wouldn't it have made sense to have an aoe skill on an aoe skill we would have lost nothing let's say hitting a person with darkcloud did the same as new gravel cept it's a aoe skill it's almost like they went through the effort in other classes and had half baked ideas when it came to seekers all our new skills don't really do much to allow us to counter other classes but a few seriously thought out changes like that would have made seeker being feared again no joke I used to feel like I could compeate with anybody class wise and was fairly proud of seeker limited resources and can turn them into advantages since we lack obvious Chi making skills self buffs that keep us alive vs the Op ness of other classes defensive buffs I seriously been shredded 9k a hit from high geared mystic with or without buffs they were not diety and just plain old plus 10 all now granted they could have reduclously crazy cards I was actually buffed not many just cleric and barb pill I have 18k hp unbuffed and like 23 buff how am I getting shredded I have basically everything mag def for a seeker can get not all plus 10 but most even swtched out rings omally blessing and r8r sword to defend before going on offensive despite all that I get 2 shotted 5times in a row so no way there is that many crits plus I play a mystic and those skills are the usual Spam skills to range somebody not outright killed them while setting up lucky break combo I'm seeing basically anything but seeker hit harder even asked friends and they say there is no noticeble difference in damages so basically what all we got was skills that cover up game mechanics While other classes they just have em a big beatstick of damage and say here go play with this skill oh btw there is a seeker that has no way to really defend unless they are extremely offensive I mean a barb catches does new stun which is unblockable you purged u hf and that new version that stacked Armageddon u while hitting u with genie skils you have one question to ask yourself do u think 30 self defense levels gonna save u from that? Barb's and sins were not known as one shot wonders that seeker territory we didn't always need it to win but sometimes it was nice overkilling now how many times do u have to zerk to kill other class vs normal damages I don't qq judge because they made these insanly hard to beat classes but I mean that was the point of this update -Balance- how many have actually seen it honest?Or just have a new toy that let's you forget about getting annihilated without any stragegem since you were just bored and at least this update have u somthing to tinker with? or would like I said giving seeker spamable aoe stalagstike that acts like gravel blade actually giving us a skill that simply negates our stance and give Chi boom fixed the ion proc problem and gave us seeker much needed Chi or heck even just shorten cd like rewinding and make transposition a 90 percent chance or even make it a mag skill one like angel skills and shorten it's cd heck that skill alone with like a 15 sec cd would fix seeker control problem since it interupts anybody seriously ok with these new skills? vs look at all I listed this stuff isn't game breaking but would easy fix skills and come does it not sound fun porting like deadpool without waiting a year for cd to actually become useful? don't u want the flyer combo to work without. Skill failing then somebody ground to air you?with why is nearly all seeker skills rely on luck? Seeker need more focus the old skills didn't do so great a Job but we all so used to them that we still figured out ways to win now other class have sure direct killing moves while again seeker must rely on same old tricks we cannot get stronger if we don't evolve and other classes do we will end up like dino an extinct class while diehards like me who seeker is class of choice and won't even touch another class unless for farming dual instances I don't mind somebody disagreeing with me but show me emperical evidence that I'm wrong so we can either maybe petition or drop these threads once and for all btw niobus is friend of mine and fellow seeker scientist we used to spend hours trying random stuff just to see how we can increse out skills or devise new tactics we fight the same so yeah I see it as a shame his toon could have been mine if I would have done same as he. game mechanical business like soul sever with glowing and wind blade sent even explained either.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I was gonna make a new thread but maybe somebody will be able to answer this then for me since there isn't any mention at all about game mechanic's and how new skills work in conjunction with old skills

OK we all know how we get screwed when using other stances and trying to metal proc with ion, so an interesting thought anybody have let's say wind blade and glowing blade?? But still have the original soul sever for aoe procing? Do the new skills chance for proc get nerfed like ion When used in old stances like soul sever or is it really the chance it says in skills list?

In honest truth most getting new skills keeping with Jones but most of em arnt built aoe friendly I mean wouldn't it have made sense to have an aoe skill on an aoe skill we would have lost nothing. let's say hitting a person with darkcloud did the same as new gravel cept it's a aoe skill...it's almost like they went through the effort in other classes and had half baked ideas when it came to seekers: all our new skills don't really do much to allow us to counter other classes but a few seriously thought out changes like that would have made seeker being feared again

no joke I used to feel like I could compeate with anybody class wise and was fairly proud of seeker limited resources and can turn them into advantages since we lack obvious Chi making skills and self buffs that keep us alive vs the Op ness of other classes defensive buffs. I seriously been shredded 9k a hit from high geared mystic with or without buffs they were not diety and just plain old plus 10 all now granted they could have reduclously crazy cards I was actually buffed not many just cleric and barb pill I have 18k hp unbuffed and like 23 buff how am I getting shredded?

I have basically everything mag def for a seeker can get not all plus 10 but most even swtched out rings omally blessing and r8r sword to defend before going on offensive despite all that I get 2 shotted 5times in a row so no way there is that many crits. plus I play a mystic and those skills are the usual Spam skills to range somebody not outright killed them while setting up lucky break combo. I'm seeing basically anything but seeker hit harder even asked friends and they say there is no noticeble difference in damages. so basically what all we got was skills that cover up game mechanics while other classes they just have em a big beatstick of damage and say here go play with this skill.

oh btw there is a seeker that has no way to really defend unless they are extremely offensive. I mean a barb catches does new stun which is unblockable, you purged u hf and that new version that stacked Armageddon u while hitting u with genie skils you have one question to ask yourself: do u think 30 self defense levels gonna save u from that? Barb's and sins were not known as one shot wonders that seeker territory we didn't always need it to win but sometimes it was nice overkilling.

Now how many times do u have to zerk to kill other class vs normal damages I don't qq judge because they made these insanly hard to beat classes but I mean that was the point of this update -Balance- how many have actually seen it honest? Or just have a new toy that let's you forget about getting annihilated without any stragegem...since you were just bored and at least this update have u somthing to tinker with? or would like I said giving seeker spamable aoe stalagstike that acts like gravel blade actually giving us a skill that simply negates our stance and give Chi boom fixed the ion proc problem and gave us seeker much needed Chi.

Or heck even just shorten cd like rewinding and make transposition a 90 percent chance or even make it a mag skill one like angel skills and shorten it's cd. heck that skill alone with like a 15 sec cd would fix seeker control problem since it interupts anybody. seriously ok with these new skills? vs look at all I listed this stuff isn't game breaking but would easy fix skills and come does it not sound fun porting like deadpool without waiting a year for cd to actually become useful? don't u want the flyer combo to work withou. Skill failing then somebody ground to air you? with why is nearly all seeker skills rely on luck?

Seeker need more focus the old skills, didn't do so great a Job but we all so used to them that we still figured out ways to win now other class have sure direct killing moves while again seeker must rely on same old tricks. we cannot get stronger if we don't evolve and other classes do we will end up like dino...an extinct class while diehards like me who seeker is class of choice and won't even touch another class unless for farming dual instances.

I don't mind somebody disagreeing with me but show me emperical evidence that I'm wrong so we can either maybe petition or drop these threads once and for all btw niobus is friend of mine and fellow seeker scientist we used to spend hours trying random stuff just to see how we can increse out skills or devise new tactics we fight the same so yeah I see it as a shame his toon could have been mine if I would have done same as he. game mechanical business like soul sever with glowing and wind blade sent even explained either.

If you're gong to rant, at least make sure it is somewhat readable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i do agree the seekers kind of got the shet end of the stick, so far the skills we gained arent something we would actually miss or jump for joy lol

and yeah that is some serious block of text....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It is Alot to write but u ask yourself why is nobody else really addressing how the new skills actually work and what they do and don't do? This affects u right? Ranting is generally when u have no empirical data to back anything up just talking outta the sides of your head about nothing you know anything about hence I explained in detail things I've noticed however I figured since nobody is really talking game mechanics a subject few really know anything about I figured pointing some things out since my class to me was easiest to explain since I play it everday I mean look other threads people are asking get this skills or no in their opinion this isn't a problem with just seekers although it's a Main problem that I chose to explain since of course I play one and it's my Main and this is after all a seeker part of forum, other classes get totally nerfed while getting some other amazing effects at the very least I amongst countless others that is seeker for life and can play my class and kill some of the best in my server and worked hard to get that far, notice when nothing I do to anybody in pvp is entirely effective anymore notice maybe it's other classes that have similar problems with skills, plus and I mean how much does anybody know about this new update? They rolled server back cause of things got outta hand and a ton of problems happen as a result of update, game mechanics can also be involved and since that can affect everybody not just seeker so you could in essences be playing a very flawed toon due to somthing you need to petition to have any control of, I ask what is probably the most thought of question people who play pwi, because if nobody challenges knowledge of somthing what it is and what it becomes, it becomes over time fact , we play pwi not the creators right? Kinda seems worth the read maybe there will be a path of a recurring trend which may take a more guided approach to totally modifying your player risks and mechanics so like I said does anybody have old soul sever got any of of new either wind blade or glowing actually stay in soul sever stance and tried to aoe proc does soul sever work exactly the same when used along side of the new skills the same chance for proc meaning new skills proc the old stance exactly the same as before just an added chance of wind blade or glowing blade to add an effect as well as the soul sever minute proc? cause seriously it's not even possible to preview skills which means basically with this new update it loosely translate to me that for enlightenment and knowledge about how their toons actually work as a result, some people must sacrificed for others to be more learned.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Dude, seriously... If you could make those posts a bit more readable then I'd actually read them all ._. I'm sure you're bringing up a valid point but just ugh.

So from what you guys are saying, can it actually proc both soulsever and parchedblade at the same time? And, for example, if you use it while having northern sky waltz or duelist's glee, is it possible for all 3 to proc at the same time? Does it get the slightest damage boost? I'm guessing the animations change and all, would love to see those :). I'm sure it's a great skill, but I personally love pve and group pvp too much to drop aoe marking :c.
  • Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So I have a few questions. For example, with the sage and demon versions of the skills, a sage can't trigger a marking that a demon placed. Is it still the same with these new versions? Can any other seeker in the group trigger them (regardless of skill level) or do they also have to have the demon/sage version of the primal skill?
    Currently 104/103/102
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Dude, seriously... If you could make those posts a bit more readable then I'd actually read them all ._. I'm sure you're bringing up a valid point but just ugh.

So from what you guys are saying, can it actually proc both soulsever and parchedblade at the same time? And, for example, if you use it while having northern sky waltz or duelist's glee, is it possible for all 3 to proc at the same time? Does it get the slightest damage boost? I'm guessing the animations change and all, would love to see those :). I'm sure it's a great skill, but I personally love pve and group pvp too much to drop aoe marking :c.

Yes Gravelblade and give both at the same time its just % and luck and u can proc both quickly I use duelist glee and oftenly have all 3 debuffs on my enemies. Gravel blade animations are same as Rock Splitting Cleave so lame lol. I will have Windblade soon i hope it changes.
  • Restorz - Dreamweaver
    Restorz - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Well, actually if youre sage or demon, you could switch you cultivation, then switch it back, and then you would lose the skill and have to relearn it. So you could get your old skill back. However you would have to spend massive amounts of coin switching culti twice and relearning all of your skills. However I do believe that you keep your primal passive skills. But ask The__Sun. He did it to remove the Psychic AoE because he wanted his aqua cannon back. Unfortunately he had to get back all of his demon skills. But it is possible, just at great cost.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The joys of being the only remaining archaic seeker on the server.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'll just continue chaining Blade Affinity to make up the difference...

I understand where some of you are coming from with it being quicker in pvp but when is NW/TW ever 1v1? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]