solo frost

Options
Jayzeejay - Lost City
Jayzeejay - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
which class can solo frost without being reborn? such as soloing bosses and mobs

Archer
Cleric
Wizard
Blademaster
Barbarian
Venomancer
Assassin
Psychic
Seeker
Mystic
~ 1 x Assassin ~
- 1 x Mystic -
~ 1 x Barb ~
- 1 x Seeker -
~ 2 x Cleric ~
b:pleased
Post edited by Jayzeejay - Lost City on

Comments

• Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All of them.

+Infinity this

Soloing frost is not difficult. Especially once you're overleveled and overgeared for it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    A better question might be, which class can solo Frost soonest (level-wise)/cheapest (gear-wise)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ^ what they said.

If you want it in terms of quickness/easiness as far as not being insanely well geared, it goes a little something like this:

Assassins
    Blademasters
    Barbarians (Fists/claws ones essentially have the easiest time over other 'version's' of barbs)

^ Those three can use bp, which is really extremely nice/helpful for soloing fc.

Archers (Fists/Claws)
    Venomancers (fist/claws)

-- All of the rest of the classes can solo as well, even when not rbed/in 'oped' gear but it WILL take them longer than aps toons, unless you make them fist/claws as well, but that isn't really suggested. (Not to mention that seekers/mystics can never equip fists/claws at any time, still it is a nice way to go to level them up if you want that way first. Then restat to a more traditional build once your done fcing with them/when you rebirth a second time.) --

As matter of fact I may just do that with my alts that I can just so I can abuse it and run fc solo on them myself faster/more efficiently. (I will however hide them away from bhs and such if I do go that route since so many people go bananas about builds like that. :$)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • chadthewarrior
    chadthewarrior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    which class can solo frost without being reborn? such as soloing bosses and mobs

Archer
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Blademaster
    Barbarian
    Venomancer
    Assassin
    Psychic
    Seeker
    Mystic

I'd say blademaster ( bm ) b/c of the rate of attacks and since it's a massive DD... Tho it's a bit expensive but definitely cheapest.. Tho I also have a lol 85 barb :P I'll let you know how that goes once I hit 9x
  • Jayzeejay - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Will my assassin be able to solo frost?

Level: 91
    Class: Assassin
    Gear:
    Necklace - Royal Pendant (Gate of Delirium)
    Protection Belt - Mythic Warbler
    Robe - Cloak of Grace
    Ring - Royal Ring (Gate of Delirium), High commander's badge 35k rep
    Helmet - Decaying Snow Helmet
    Wristguard - Lunar Chacer Bracers HH80
    Shirt - Lunar Chacer Armor HH80
    Pants - Lunar Chacer Shins HH80
    Footwear - Lunar Chacer Boots HH80
    Weapon - Hook and Thorn HH80 [AVERAGE GARNET SHARD PHYS ATTACK +16]

http://pwcalc.com/5b30a01018b1785f
    ~ 1 x Assassin ~
    - 1 x Mystic -
    ~ 1 x Barb ~
    - 1 x Seeker -
    ~ 2 x Cleric ~
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Are... are you really going to keep asking http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1678181 over and over again even though you've already been answered?

Yes, your character can solo frost gear-wise (though plenty of it could use an upgrade. Seriously level 40 gears when you're above 90? You'd be better served with NPC stuff at that point). However your own skill is gonna be the biggest factor here and it is going to take a while to solo even if you do have the skill to pull it off.

We've already answered this for you. Why do you keep reposting to ask the exact same thing?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    With enough skill, genie use, apoth, patience probably. I mean anything is possible.

You can solo it in 3 hours for the extra exp (hypering the bosses) + some coin from selling the remaining spots. Or in the same time, you do 6 runs with a squad and end up with 3x the exp but no coins :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jayzeejay - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    so yes, i can solo with what i have now? btw im not a reborn

http://pwcalc.com/5b30a01018b1785f
    ~ 1 x Assassin ~
    - 1 x Mystic -
    ~ 1 x Barb ~
    - 1 x Seeker -
    ~ 2 x Cleric ~
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Yes, you can solo with high difficulty and time. I'm assuming your gear isn't unsharded/unrefined and that you actually have your mastery which makes that calc a bit inaccurate.

HOWEVER, gear isn't the biggest problem for running Frost solo at lower levels. Player skill is. You can die in there trying to solo equipped like http://pwcalc.com/19b67048bf31166d (a calc with gear vastly superior to what you showed) if you aren't skilled enough to handle the instance.

Gear is not the deciding factor here. Your own skill as an assassin is. The only time gear becomes a factor is when it's either so poor that no amount of skill will save you from the mobs/bosses being able to 2-shot you... or when you're so bad at the class that you can't actually do the instance without being a level 100+/reawakened character in decked out gear far above what the place needs.

Outside of those two extremes, it's all down to the person between the computer and the chair.
  • Jayzeejay - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    where could i be able to find the windrider armor and generals armor?
    ~ 1 x Assassin ~
    - 1 x Mystic -
    ~ 1 x Barb ~
    - 1 x Seeker -
    ~ 2 x Cleric ~
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Auctioneer
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    where could i be able to find the windrider armor and generals armor?
    Windrider is Lv90+ and rank 6 gear (requires 35k reputation) and I believe they cost 250k per piece (plus reputation if you don't have that). There is only top and leggings available at this level of rank.
    General is TT90 gold gear, you can make it at the TT forges. Check out the database right here to see more information about this.
    This is a test