Welcome to Perfect World-Mechanics

Options
DUKE_NUKEM - Dreamweaver
DUKE_NUKEM - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
The main focus on this thread is to explain the mechanics of the game Perfect World International (PWI), but also going to cover whichever concerning "gameplay" or info that could help you on your decision on whether to play this game or not. Please remember this will be info, and please do not troll me. IF you honestly feel that this thread is unnecessary please post a link to the relevant thread or please post why this all would be unnecessary.

Mechanics:

me·chan·ics [muh-kan-iks]
noun
1. ( used with a singular verb ) the branch of physics that deals with the action of forces on bodies and with motion, comprised of kinetics, statics, and kinematics.
2. ( used with a singular verb ) the theoretical and practical application of this science to machinery, mechanical appliances, etc.
3. ( usually used with a plural verb ) the technical aspect or working part; mechanism; structure.
4. ( usually used with a plural verb ) routine or basic methods, procedures, techniques, or details: the mechanics of running an office; the mechanics of baseball.

Movement:"WASD", you can change the keys in which you move. you can also point and click on the ground (left click), this is permanent. When you select a direction to move, your character will immediately face that new direction.

Gather: You can click on the item to pick it up, or make use of the available "emote" to pick up items. There are collectable materials with thier own place(s) in every zone, you need a "Pickaxe" available from any "Merchant" NPC to collect these, and you have to be a certain level but the basic collectable materials can be collected by any level.

Move Faster: Starting the game, you have 3 mounts available to you. Two of which are available exclusively in the "Primal World". All 3 of these mounts can be used as level 1, but note they are not upgradable or tradable. You only have 1 pet slot starting out (mount, companion, venomancer pet). However, you can increase this limitation with either (20)Hay (for one additional slot) or an item which unlocks all your pet slots. Venomancer players would start with 2 pet slots and could use the Hay to open a 3rd. You will be able to purchase a mount pet for about 2.5 million in game "coin", and though that may seem daunting you can only make use of these mounts when your level 40 anyway. There is an array of mounts available depending on how much you like the game to fulfill the requirements to get.

Move Faster Two: You will be able to get an item from your "stash" at level 10 for aerogear that requires you to be level 15 to use... These wings, similar to what you get at about level 30 as a quest reward from the "Elder of Archosaur" have the speed "0.50". You will notice each aerogear has another speed number (except the winged elves which get a speed increase via skill) you can use the "Accelerate" emote to use this speed.

Camera: With holding the right click anywhere you could click on the ground you can move the camera, doesn't matter whichever direction your character is pointed. When you are in the air or water moving forward will cause your character to go straight away from the camera as if you were pointing where your going with the camera, and left and right become "turning" in that direction instead of a new direction. You can zoom to a first person view if you cared to.

Opening Shop: In the "Emotes" window you can select to become a shop. You can set your own prices for whatever quantity of tradable items you wish to offer to other players.

Carrying another player: In the "Emotes" window you can either be carried (female character) or carry (male character) using the "Embrace" option.

Attacking: There are multiple means of initiating and attack. You have the "Attack" selectable in the emotes window, you can double left click on an enemy, or you can select a target and then use an available skill that would deal damage. You can use the "Skill" window to combo moves together into a single macro.

Partying up: To party up with another player, you can either make use of the "Invite Party" in the emotes window (and alternatively disband the group with the "Leave Group" emote) or you can right click the players portrait (if in your same area) or right click their name if they sent a private message to you and select the "Send Invite" button.

Quest Items: Throughout the game, 98% of the quest items you will need to collect are automatically collected by killing the appropriate NPC and stored into your quest bag.

Crafting: You need to have the items in your inventory to craft. You select the tab you want, the item you wish to craft (or trade for) and if you meet the requirements to make it you can click the "start" button near the bottom of the window.

Questing: When you first start the game, the default hotkey for the quest log is "Q" and you would not have the list of quests on your screen. There is a button on the bottom left side of the quest log window you can click on to enable/disable the quest list to be on your screen. Most every quest has a hyperlink for it, anytime your lost or lazy you can click on the hyperlink and your character will automatically autopath to the nearest location of that hyperlink.

Auto:
Cultivating: Defaultly in the bottom right corner of your screen is a row of options, you would select the one to the left of the far right button and then click the button that pops up just on top of that named "Cultivation". You can set up a skill or combo to make use of, what of the options to pick up (or not pick up) and how long to be in that mode. Default button is F12 to activate, once you have it set up.

Travel: If you are on the ground and you were to click on the hyperlink word in your quest log or list your character will automatically walk to the nearest designated spot for that NPC, area, or item. If however you are flying, your character will go straight to the location and you can set how high you ascend and whether you want to drop out of flying when you reach the spot. However, if your character gets stuck on a wall or ceiling and cannot progress it will cancel the auto.

Beginning:

You will start in the "Primal World", the only way to be in this zone is via either starting a new character (ta-da) or going through "rebirth". You can get 1.50/m speed flyer for 9999 "Aquametals" which drop off enemies, the aerogear can be placed in the "account stash" (which is actually server stash), however, you need appropriate item to do so.

To make use of your pets (Veno attack pet, mount, or companion), you will need to seek a "Pet Manager".

When you finally get to the race main city of your selected race, you can visit the "Watcher of the Earth" and get your free genie. This genie is random and there's one with an affinity with each stat. They each have their own special ability. The different genie skills (though they will not tell you until you activate the ability) get's improved if the specific stat is higher. For example: Holy path is improved with higher dex, so higher dex increases it's duration.

Please note that throughout the game you will pick up "DQ" items, depending on the level of the DQ item you get an amount of "Rewards points". Once you have the "DQ" item(s), simply vendor them and you will get the points. The level 20 and 31 DQ items are necessary to open 2 rows of your bank.
To access the "DQ rewards page" you can access it here:
http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards#/reward

This game is not a walk in the park, you will encounter monsters with a specific buff. They may be able to hit you harder, live longer, or be in your face faster.

The party mechanics that are unique to this game favour being in a party. If your quest demands you kill 20 mobs, a kill by any member of the party counts towards your kill count (not all games work like this).
There are few quests you will get which require you to specifically be the one to kill the monsters. Some skills can only be cast on party members, so you get to benefit from other party member's skills and visa versa.
Some instances, such as Twilight Temple, require a minimum squad size of 4.

There are four(4) different crafting skills in the game: Apothecary, Blacksmith, Tailor, and Jewelcrafter. To get the initial "books" to craft items you need only accept the appropriate quest from any "Elder" NPC. Each crafting item you would need to have will have text on it stating how it's a crafting material.

You have four different bags:

Standard bag: this is to keep all regular collectable items that can be vendored go in this bag. There are few quest items that go in this bag and soon after are used by a future quest.

Quest bag: All and any standard quest items go into this bag.

Fashion Bag: All the Fashion items that you could use to change your characters appearance go in this bag. Note that this does not replace your gear and you can select whether to have your gear or your fashion.

War Avatar Bag: this is where the war avatar stuff goes, sorry i'm not too familiar with this bag. I believe it's similar to the fashion items you would be able to alternatively wear. You will find out more on this in game.

End Content:

when you have the optimal gear you can have and being at max level you then have access to the "End Content" of the game. The End Content are things you can do to further enjoy the game.

Aside from hosting 2xEXP/Spirit/Drop Rate, all servers host various events at certain times. Most of which require you to annihilate or "repel" monsters out of or away from an area.

[please let me know what to put here]
Post edited by DUKE_NUKEM - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Not bad.

Missing bits:

How to attack monsters (auto attack, skills and macros).

Parties; how to join one and why
  • DUKE_NUKEM - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This is more or less a bookmark for me to know what i've added or addressed. I'm not sure about adding in the "why" you would make a group because it would appear to be for oblivious reasons. If you wouldn't mind how would i word it?
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Why join a party?

Apart from the aid you can give each other, the party mechanics that are unique to this game favour being in a party. If your quest demands you kill 20 mobs, a kill by any member of the party counts towards your kill count (not all games work like this).
    Some skills can only be cast on party members, so you get to benefit from other party member's skills and visa versa.
    Some instances, such as Twilight Temple, require a minimum squad size of 4.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You should make the start of each section bold, underline, a different color, and/or a larger size. It helps with navigating the different sections.

Mechanics: Yadda yadda Mechanics text here yadda yadda look at all the stuff you're learning bippityzoopbag.

becomes

Mechanics:

Yadda yadda Mechanics text here yadda yadda look at all the stuff you're learning bippityzoopbag.

...You can see the difference. If you give me 5m I'd be happy to go through the entire thing and organize it for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DUKE_NUKEM - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    As a bookmark for myself...

Thank you for the support, i really hope i am not repeating content because that is my biggest worry. I am kinda new at this point with putting stuff together for the forums.

@Thank you for being helpful, i really wasn't sure where to put it or how to word it but if it's good then it is another great addition to the info.
  • Redoubt - Harshlands
    Redoubt - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    4th bag: War Avatar bag.