Can we please just nerf the 50's daily sky owl mobs already?

Comments

• Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Coords won't help you much since you can't input them in primal, but yes there are dailies, they just don't show up in your quest box you just have to look for the NPCs in the general area. The Owl one is across the bridge from the place you start in Primal Kirin something or other. That quest is for 50+. Then north of there is Dragon Tower, there's an NPC along the path just north of it. That quest is 80+ I believe. In the east there's a raccoon villiage with bamboo in the title, the NPC is the elder I believe. The village that it sends to you further north has another daily in it as well. The NPC for it is across from the elder and kind of near the teleporter. Both of the last two are 100+ and they give you the bloods you need to make primal skills. Just keep your eye out for orange coloured dots on your mini-map. Those are the npcs with quests.

Also Flowsilver Palace's entrance is in the same area as the lvl 80+ quest right at the base of the giant sword.

Not sure where the NPC for the rebirth x2 instance is since it's been moved apparently.

If anyone cares to elaborate feel free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I send in the herc with his bramble on and have him roar then click another mob real fast and aoe with Noxious Gas and it should down them no issue. And on mystic use the primal version of swirling mist then do Gale Force and they also drop easy that way. You can kill them from the edge run in to the center of the boxes and get your pop up and run back to safe spot. Easy Peasy either way. Been doing this way every since could do the daily on both chars. Have died once or twice but at 4x exp and 3.5x exp on rb and 2nd rb who cares about a little exp loss you get it back in spades. b:pleased
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    oh, that quest ok...lol miss took the op's title, thought there was one with 50 sky owls...b:thanks
    in that case, na no need to nerf it.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Eh, too late
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am sad to say that I am actually embarrassed for the original poster here. How humiliating to be like the only person who is having a difficult time with this daily quest, then to have made a very public forum thread about it. If I did this, I would have to take a break from the game for like a week to let everyone forget that I made such a fool out of myself before I came back. How embarrassing.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see at least one person die doing this quest every day b:chuckle

If you can't run in and stand there till the quest pops up, then don't run in there and aggro all the mobs at once.

Of course sometimes I see people playing it smart and taking one on, and still dying. b:surrender

I used to think they were OP too, then I became a super saiyen. Now I just walk in, wait, and one shot them all.

If I had a blessing, or R9, I'd probably be able to beat them to death with my wand too but I'm not that OP ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have no trouble with the Sky Owl daily, but I agree w/ OP that mobs range skill hurts. However, there are ways to avoid/lessen damage - I just have my herc tank everything. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • EIayne - Dreamweaver
    EIayne - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a veno, shame on you for not knowing how to bramble hood. SERIOUS shame on you. You're rebirthed! Get your **** together or go play a psy. Furthermore, I also have a 101 nix who can tank 2-3 of them without needing a heal until the 3'rd is nearly dead, and it's evolution inherited stats are EXTREMELY low defense wise. I don't know what you're doing wrong with yours, but it would be wise of you to stop it.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I admit the mobs do a fair bit of damage, but I've personally had not much trouble doing this on my veno who isn't even full G16 yet. I've only required flying over the spot to get the popup, sending my nix down to the mobs around where I need to land and then get off my flyer. By the time I get the popup I'm able to run away and/or heal my nix.

Plenty of ways to work around it with a veno which have already been mentioned: herc/tanky pet, hood, apoth, kill mobs before going in, or even just flying up right away and sacrificing your pet to the wraiths b:shocked or just waiting for someone else to come along and run through the mobs and make a break for it.

I don't really think it should be nerfed, as it's possible to complete the quest without dying, and the game should at least have some challenging aspects about it apart from the regular instances that require squads.
  • Queen_Fairy - Sanctuary
    Queen_Fairy - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This daily is activated at Lvl 50 of RB1 and is the hardest of all the Primal Dailies. Compare it to Lvl 80 quest which gives maximum exp (2 mil RB1 , 1.75m RB2 below 100 lvls and 500k 100+) and you can do it easily on any class. And then is a Heroic Warsong. You would think one would need ten men squad for such a quest title. But no. You dig 8 dead pple and become heroic. And get better rewards too. So I think there is a valid point here. They should make Heroic warsong as lvl 50 quest and sky owls as RB2 100 quest.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah those sky owls are surprisingly painful.
    Though veno has a pretty easy time of it actually, either send in your toughest pet to get agro of the ones around while you get inbetween the boxes to get the kill quest part, or you can pull them individually to kill and clear the area before you go into the boxes.

Usually I don't bother going to primal til I'm 70, since I focus on leveling more after rb'ing.
    It would be easy enough to just not have the owls agro on you as soon as you get into the area, they don't really need a nerf if they don't swarm you.

Normally, at least on my server, it's not a huge problem to get swarmed, since there's usually 1 or 2 other people doing the quest at the same time, so while they play with the owls, I go get in between the boxes, run out, then wait for them to finish killing. But if you're alone and cant get in there, just kill a few before trying.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A good sundergeddon and theres no more mobs left for me b:laugh

+1 for barbs b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I agree with what ImNotFeelinIt said here. Require players to be at least R9 before they attempt to rebirth. Otherwise they are dragging the rest of their team down when they are in squad, be too weak to survive the new instances, and if they are too lazy to farm R9, they are also too lazy to level themselves back to 100 in a lot of cases.

OMG, I was kinda enjoyin this thread until I saw this particular post(I was a bit perturbed), but now I'm laughing even more, LOL. If you don't remember how long it took to level before the quest nerf, I'll tell you how long it took ME to get to 100, a year and then some(NO, I'm not an FC baby). FYI, on my own 2nd Reawakening I was managing to get Sky Owl done in 80-90 gear. It seems like some(not all) people, once they get R9, forget where they came from and think everyone should be wearing R9. I've seen full T3 seeker get killed before me in Aba and W2(I had almost full Lunar gold/OHT gear b:chuckle ). When I AM Ready, then I'll farm my R9, TYVM. YES, R9 is good gear, makes you stronger, blah blah blah. But like so many people have already said, you have to figure out a way to get it done, OR, just ask for help! Which, BTW, there is no shame in doing. I remember doing the Array in the swamp and I just couldn't do it alone, so I asked a couple peeps in Whetstone and they were more than happy to help. And the funny thing is(maybe you should ask yourself), how many times or squads have you been in that helped you get your BH done, or FC, or farm your badges, ETC, ETC.
    As for this Reawakening oppotunity, thank you very much PWI, it's about time! I've put my time in and I'm enjoying soloing all the bh's up to(YES, I just soloed Phlebo, WOOT b:victory. ATM I have a mixed bag for my gear, but, waaaa, I did recently say Goodbye to my Lunar gold plate, as pretty and rather OP as it was. I think I might have made my point. And personally, I think people could maybe take a minute, instead of just soloing all of the mobs, see if someone else needs, or squad up for the helluvit, so other people don't have to wait for the mobs to come back. OMG, work together, what a concept, hmm! b:victory

BTW, I guess I must not be too lazy, I'm at level 96 of my 2nd RB(and I've only done FC like 2 times so far) hmmm. And now I'm going to enjoy the rest of this thread, TY ALL. See you ingame! \o/
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not exactly for nerfing the mobs, but for the quest to actually work as it was intended. Isn't lighting the fire supposed to distract the mobs and lure them away from their spot? It also says something along "now the way is free". If the mobs all went to the fire you lit without agroing you, you could get the pop up by the boxes easily and take the mobs 1 on 1 afterwards, if you have trouble facing more.
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This daily is activated at Lvl 50 of RB1 and is the hardest of all the Primal Dailies. Compare it to Lvl 80 quest which gives maximum exp (2 mil RB1 , 1.75m RB2 below 100 lvls and 500k 100+) and you can do it easily on any class. And then is a Heroic Warsong. You would think one would need ten men squad for such a quest title. But no. You dig 8 dead pple and become heroic. And get better rewards too. So I think there is a valid point here. They should make Heroic warsong as lvl 50 quest and sky owls as RB2 100 quest.

I am apt to agree with this to some degree. It is the more difficult of the dailies in Primal(and it was probably most intentionally set up that way) until you figure out how to do it. And if nothing else, at least they could, MAYBE, make the exp a bit more. When you first go into primal, after your FIRST reawakening, you have NO clue what you're going to be doing there until you actually do it! Like someone else said, on your first reawakening(which is what I did), I waited until almost level 70 before I started attempting Sky Owl. I was busy enough just levelling anyways. Then it took time to figure out how to get it done, until I saw how someone else(another seeker) do it! I did die recently, LOL, just because I hit Blade Affinity, as I was dropping down, and it didn't kick in. Oopsy! Oh well, stuff happens. Then someone nearby said, "hit blade affinity...", etc. I had kinda did that already. I just came back n finished it, got my C card n vitae. Onward!
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am sad to say that I am actually embarrassed for the original poster here. How humiliating to be like the only person who is having a difficult time with this daily quest, then to have made a very public forum thread about it. If I did this, I would have to take a break from the game for like a week to let everyone forget that I made such a fool out of myself before I came back. How embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed to watch you show your *** in a public thread, with levels of arrogance that warp space-time.

It must really hurt to be forced to share this game with mortals.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I generally have no problem with this daily. Most of the time when I go there people are fighting stuff so it is especially easy to drop down, but even when alone I just use a skill like winged shell on archer, plume shell on cleric, maybe a pot... drop and hit fly again instantly. On veno, send in a flying pet or drop further away and send in a ground pet for distraction. The completion of that part only takes a second. After that, if mobs hurt too much (my archer is sufficiently geared with G16 but at level 50 the mobs really hurt when I got 3+), it isn't really a big deal to kill them one at a time. Seriously, it is only 4 mobs... it's not like the quest asks for 20.

But I do agree with those that said it should be switched with one of the higher level dailies. This is by far the most difficult/annoying so it sort of makes no sense to be the level 50 one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I use nix to pick off the mobs 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 and I have full G16 gear and all, but it's annoying to think that there's such a annoying quests that can actually force me to pick off mobs slowly just to complete it.

Oh yes, let's make the game even more easy than it already has been to accommodate players who have been spoon fed exp from level one.

In case you didn't know, that annoying thing the game is forcing you to do (pulling mobs from a group) is what your class is designed for.

It's pretty sad when level 100+s don't even know the basics anymore thanks to the "learn your class in fc killing heads" method.
  • Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The quest is extremely easy, like most of the daily quests in primal. I do think the mobs do hit disproportionately hard, but their HP is so low, its practically a moot point.

If you're having trouble getting the location update, if you cannot clear it yourself in time for respawns, wait for someone else to clear the area, I see it happen every couple of minutes when I'm doing the quest...if you don't want to wait for someone else to clear, fly...get a high enough altitude they don't aggro you, you can get the location right, decend, get the update, and ascend before they attack, then just fly high enough they reset. simple enough. Then you just drop down out of range and pick off any kills you need.

I have been killed by these things a couple of times, usually when I'm being lazy, careless or just a little out of it. I do believe they hit unusually hard, but like I said before, it isn't unmanageable. While I don't think its an unreasonable request to have their ranged attack damage reduced, I just don't see it as a game-breaking difficult quest.
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There should be plenty of people you can squad with.
    And killing them one by one really isn't that hard, you have a pet to lure them out, I get to hit one and watch them swarm over me.
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's so broken. You need r9rr or +12 to even get to the location for pop up and live to tell about it. They've killed me and my pet nix(mind hes 101 and still gets owned pretty fast before I can heal it if they all do their special attack at once). This should also be updated to lvl 100 status because there is NO way a lvl 50 rebirth can handle that many 1k+ attacks from 7-8 mobs all at once.

Either nerf their special attack damage or reduce their numbers please(I've watched MANY people die to these mobs everyday so yeah not just rage from me dying to them either).
    how are you geared tho?
    cause most pple nowadays just lv with fcc, their play style and gear may not be with what the chinese developers give the game since our game and their game society is diff.

ex. of what i say is a few weeks ago i did a Delta with someone. Of course im using R999 and its easy now, but when they told told me how easy it looked with R999, i told them we use to do delta in our TT90s. They told me pple can die in delta nowdays with nirvana gear...
    So im thinking either....
    --> maybe your a little more undergeared than what the developers intended this "primal" world to be.
    --> you havnt obtained the necessary skills for said situation. Not that its a HUGE experience or anything but it IS a world that was developed after 5 years of the game being out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    my veno on 1st rebirth was tt99/r8 mix, those mobs were dead by dig > fly above > drop down > demon summer sprint (anti stun) or i guess in case of a sage AD > feral concentration (79 skill 10 sec immunity) > nova > noxious.

albeit that was after i got t3 wep but before that its still possible to just bramble hood and an low/med refined r8 wep or t1-2 nirvana wep, tho i prefer feral due to being able to be interrupted with hood.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm embarrassed to watch you show your *** in a public thread, with levels of arrogance that warp space-time.

It must really hurt to be forced to share this game with mortals.

So, you are like my number one fan now, probably my ONLY fan. I am grateful to my one and only fan for holding me in such high regard, you have no idea how much that means to me. I am very pleased you took the time out of your day, however little to recognize my brilliance.

Just remember, I didn't put me up on that high pedestal, YOU did. Those are YOUR words that YOU typed there, not mine. I never said anything of the sort, so any thoughts of me being all awesome and great are purely a machination of your own mind. Even sarcasm is deeply rooted in truth. That means the thought was there in some capacity.

Edit: I screwed up the whole bold/italics thing, meh, I don't really care, I just wanted to let you all know that I already knew, you all are going to have to get over me not fixing it.
  • Pinktopaz - Archosaur
    Pinktopaz - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is your gear? anyways have you tried using some sort of apoth item to lessen the damage so that you wont go down quick? the skill bramble hood should do wonders or you or the feral concentration skill combined with a anti stun; but eh what do I know I'm not reborn, rebirth or whatever you call it. lol b:chuckle
    “Friendship is the bestiest thing that comes to life . Friends will always be there for you don't worry about the fakes worry about the people who had your back from the start and never treated you wrong always remember they are your real friends don't never take them as granted because one day your going to lose a good friend by the way your action's are when you see a good friend stick to that person .”
    ― Marilyn Monroe b:victory
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Can this thread be moved to the Quest Tips subforum (or better yet to the suggestions?)? tyvm

To the op: rebirth is supposed to be the next thing, it assumes a progress in gear and learning ability.

Getting really fast to 100 and rebirthing without actually spending time to feel the game chemistry is wrong. If you don't want to increase your performance don't expect others to follow, you can always do lower tier stuff that would accommodate your level of performance. If you do want to get better there are plenty of tips on the forum and players to help you with that.

Demanding for things to get nerfed to your level of knowledge is like asking to lower the price of fuel to your level of income (nobody is forcing you to buy a car)

Same goes for gear related replies, if you don't want to be competitive don't expect others to follow you or feel sorry for you, there is content ingame for each lvl of play, latest endgame instances in any mmorpg are designed to be at least "challenging" for the "competitive people" and not to accomodate "ima sit in my +3 +5 g16 4 years char whatever/forever players".

It's not wrong to be relaxed, it's wrong to expect others to relax the same way you do.
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hints:
    - Squad with stronger people
    - Wait for stronger people to kill the mobs or lure em away so u can get the pop-up without getting killed
    - Veno = lure?
    - Uninstall

np
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    but eh what do I know I'm not reborn, rebirth or whatever you call it. lol b:chuckle

Reawakened. b:angry
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reawakened. b:angry

Reincarnated. b:scorn
    This is a test
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    slamstone wrote: »
    Can this thread be moved to the Quest Tips subforum (or better yet to the suggestions?)? tyvm

To the op: rebirth is supposed to be the next thing, it assumes a progress in gear and learning ability.

Getting really fast to 100 and rebirthing without actually spending time to feel the game chemistry is wrong. If you don't want to increase your performance don't expect others to follow, you can always do lower tier stuff that would accommodate your level of performance. If you do want to get better there are plenty of tips on the forum and players to help you with that.

Demanding for things to get nerfed to your level of knowledge is like asking to lower the price of fuel to your level of income (nobody is forcing you to buy a car)

Same goes for gear related replies, if you don't want to be competitive don't expect others to follow you or feel sorry for you, there is content ingame for each lvl of play, latest endgame instances in any mmorpg are designed to be at least "challenging" for the "competitive people" and not to accomodate "ima sit in my +3 +5 g16 4 years char whatever/forever players".

It's not wrong to be relaxed, it's wrong to expect others to relax the same way you do.

^^
    One of the best post I red in long time:)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    slamstone wrote: »

This is a very good post indeed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★