Can we please just nerf the 50's daily sky owl mobs already?

Foxyas - Dreamweaver
Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
That's so broken. You need r9rr or +12 to even get to the location for pop up and live to tell about it. They've killed me and my pet nix(mind hes 101 and still gets owned pretty fast before I can heal it if they all do their special attack at once). This should also be updated to lvl 100 status because there is NO way a lvl 50 rebirth can handle that many 1k+ attacks from 7-8 mobs all at once.

Either nerf their special attack damage or reduce their numbers please(I've watched MANY people die to these mobs everyday so yeah not just rage from me dying to them either).
Post edited by Foxyas - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Then... don't do the quest alone, or don't do the quest until you can survive it? I get the feeling this quest was not meant to be solo'd.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    As a cleric with merely marginal R8/G14 I didn't have any troubles doing that one at level. You just have to play smart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's so broken. You need r9rr or +12 to even get to the location for pop up and live to tell about it. They've killed me and my pet nix(mind hes 101 and still gets owned pretty fast before I can heal it if they all do their special attack at once). This should also be updated to lvl 100 status because there is NO way a lvl 50 rebirth can handle that many 1k+ attacks from 7-8 mobs all at once.

Either nerf their special attack damage or reduce their numbers please(I've watched MANY people die to these mobs everyday so yeah not just rage from me dying to them either).

Thats funny. My 5k hp tt99 veno can easily get the pop up with all the mobs there and no outside help without dying. Same applies to my g16 cleric and r9 archer. Some people are just smarter and more useful (resourceful) then others.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014

It's annoying but kinda funny tbh... And gosh, not that bad... my r9 ea can tank like... all the mobs alone? Not to mention using:
    1. Fly to location
    2. Drop fly
    3. Absolute domain
    4. Click Ok in Quest pop-up
    5. Fly back up
    6. Go far from mobs
    7. Lure using Zeal or pet and kill one by one

Even my r8 Psy can 3-shot these mobs... so it's not that hard to handle 1 by 1 right? ;)
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm a Sin in regular aps gear +6 and I usually pull all the mobs before I get to the spot to save time x.x maybe, just maaaybe, you're the one doing something wrong.. but what do i know x.x

and after writing this i proceed to die twice doing this quest.. the irony xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stop complaining and get better.
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    I use nix to pick off the mobs 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 and I have full G16 gear and all, but it's annoying to think that there's such a annoying quests that can actually force me to pick off mobs slowly just to complete it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I use nix to pick off the mobs 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 and I have full G16 gear and all, but it's annoying to think that there's such a annoying quests that can actually force me to pick off mobs slowly just to complete it.

Oh my. Heaven forbid the game having quests that can't wtfbbqrolled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Oh my. Heaven forbid the game having quests that can't wtfbbqrolled.

Nonsense... as the posts above indicate, that quest can be wtfbbqrolled. Like everything else in PVE you just have to play smart. And if that doesn't work... simply out gear it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »
    Nonsense... as the posts above indicate, that quest can be wtfbbqrolled. Like everything else in PVE you just have to play smart. And if that doesn't work... simply out gear it.

Sure it can. But if the OP didn't figure out by now that you could just hood/barrier and drop right into mobs...eh. f:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No please don't nerf the mobs, ive spent ages making my rank93rd cast gear, and these mobs were the only reason i did it.b:sad
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thats a troll or...............? special attack ? what ? that mobs do like 25-50 dmg........
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    scruncy wrote: »
    thats a troll or...............? special attack ? what ? that mobs do like 25-50 dmg........

Until they hit a ranged blow of 1k but yeah
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2014

In case you have an evolved herc you can actually aoe them all. The formula is easy:
    Full buff herc -> then Gold Armor Deity (herc skill) on mobs and just after that nova, noxious and blazing barrier just as a safety measure.

If you dont have an evolved herc, you can just do what Xainou said: Bramble Hood + blazing barrier, and nuke them.

i tested this several times on both gears (r8 and r9) and and mobs are unable to kill me that way

• ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe they should just modify the Rebirth chain, and require R9 to even reroll.

That would fix the problem, right? I mean, if you can't be bothered to spend an hour or so a day and *farm* a set of R9, you really should just uninstall and play with the bugs in the backyard.

\head explodes from sarcasm overload
  • WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary
    WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Maybe they should just modify the Rebirth chain, and require R9 to even reroll.

That would fix the problem, right? I mean, if you can't be bothered to spend an hour or so a day and *farm* a set of R9, you really should just uninstall and play with the bugs in the backyard.

\head explodes from sarcasm overload

I agree with what ImNotFeelinIt said here. Require players to be at least R9 before they attempt to rebirth. Otherwise they are dragging the rest of their team down when they are in squad, be too weak to survive the new instances, and if they are too lazy to farm R9, they are also too lazy to level themselves back to 100 in a lot of cases.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    me thinks you need to learn to play your toon better

I do that quest everyday with my veno and all i have on her is +5 or +6 Morai quest gears....its no problem at all....fly to the drop point...hit the ground then fly straight up...let the mobs reset then go to the side and pick off the 4 mobs you need...she kills them in 2 shots

its actually not very hard at all
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There are two ways to solve this problem...

1. Reduce the mob count to 1-2... and then have people QQ about taking a whole 30 minutes to kill 5 mobs.
    2. Increase the mob count to 100-200... and then have people QQ about taking a whole 30 minutes to kill 5 mobs because I will be there aoe botting.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kindredsan - Raging Tide
    Kindredsan - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I agree with you. What every one is not remembering we dig and set fire to distract them, but when you go to middle they sure as heck are not distracted. They do come in at you hard and fast. That said I have seen others wait till some one else drops and gets attention before they go in for pop up.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    use meds? ;S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The method I use: Kill all mobs, run in and get popup, run back out, kill mobs (harpy is very useful for this.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    plume shell and faction potion pag gu essence works perfect. f:sweat
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so, i checked this out today. went to the spot and let them him me. the highest hit i got was 182dmg...b:surrender
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    scruncy wrote: »
    so, i checked this out today. went to the spot and let them him me. the highest hit i got was 182dmg...b:surrender

Depends what your class is or gear thought. And I don't mean their normal attack, I mean their ranged blow attack that hits over 1k.

My usual method is to send Nix(with reflect) to aggro mobs nearby the pop up zone and spam heal while he kills, and sometimes he ends up getting them all aggrod. I usually survive but sometimes when all 7-8 use their special blow attack it dies if too many at once.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I have no problem doing this quest in full T3 gear. I can do it in APS gear too but that's harder. Like others have stated, you just have to learn how to stay alive. If you want an example, recall a time if you were in a squad running an instance, the cleric and tank are unreliable, therefore you relied on yourself to stay alive.
    I agree with what ImNotFeelinIt said here. Require players to be at least R9 before they attempt to rebirth. Otherwise they are dragging the rest of their team down when they are in squad, be too weak to survive the new instances, and if they are too lazy to farm R9, they are also too lazy to level themselves back to 100 in a lot of cases.

He was being sarcastic. This would be the worst idea if PW had even attempted this with the expansion. Not everyone is R9, not everyone wants to be R9. They would have lost a good deal of the playerbase even if that idea had come to fruit. As for not surviving in new instances without R9 you are dead wrong. I've done quite fine without R9 gear and am instead geared in full T3. There are penalty others that have done this has well. I know some that even still are running in pieces of Nirvana gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Wavedragon - Sanctuary
    Wavedragon - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    full +5 g15 HA immac garnets, never had any issues with the new instances/quests,
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I saw a full t3 barb die trying to do this quest once...i geegled. It amused me. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol@every R9 saying "it's easy, u bad", of course it is easy for you, you are already using the best gear in game, do you think a simple quest will be hard for you?
    full +5 g15 HA immac garnets, never had any issues with the new instances/quests,

It is because they use a phy range attack, characters using HA are not suppose to have a hard time with this quest.

I have to say, once my veno hit lvl 50 I wanted to do this quest, they 2 shotted my veno (3.9k each hit) when my pet died trying to take them all at same time. Now I don't take so much damage, but I did learn. If you cannot kill them all fast, you better don't try.
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As a not even full g16 (yet) cleric I can say this is totally survivable. I could survive it even when i was running around in mostly tt90 and crappy ornaments... All you have to do is dig, fly to the spot above mob aggro, plume-shell, maybe IH a couple times lower yourself wait for the quest to pop up and fly up. It'll let you accept it after you move. Fly to the empty end of the camp wait til they reset and then pull using genie. IH + plume shell and I killed them in 3-4 shots each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ok, gotta ask ..is this a rebirth II quest or something? don't recall seeing a daily quest for rebirth I, I think there was a quest that was part of the rebirth I chain, but the op title says " 50 daily sky owl"? ok can some at least then post a link for this quest or post the cords on primal where this quest is taken at, kinda has me curious at this point.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]