Demon Dragon's Breath (Heal essentially ineffective. Needs reworking)

Options
LostPoet - Dreamweaver
LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Suggestion Box
Generally this skill is only used in PvE and the heal bonus from the demon version is nearly ineffective as seen from using my Demon wizard in PV, Delta, and FC. Reading it correctly, I should be receiving 1 500hp heal every 12 seconds of keeping it up. But when pulling 25+ mobs in a run, this heal is extremely ineffective. I believe, at some point, it would heal you with a 25% when it hit a mob, and since it hits every 3 seconds that's understandable, but it could heal lots depending on how many mobs you were tanking.
Not sure when this nerf took place, but if this could be looked into, as I have not seen a single heal proc in the past 3+ months of having the skill and tanking lots of mobs from PV, or FC, or delta.

Possible balancing solution: decrease the heal to 250hp over 3 seconds (like cleric heal over time: ironheart) with a 25% chance of proc-ing when it hits a mob.

Anyone else seen this?
YOUTUBE:
youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
Post edited by LostPoet - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You're a wizard, not some kind of BB + DB fused together. Your suggestion would also make the skill completely OP. No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You're a wizard, not some kind of BB + DB fused together. Your suggestion would also make the skill completely OP. No.

Its not to make it op, its to add an actual effective bonus.
    And given that seekers can use BP with their vortex, wizards should not be left out of heals.
    And wizards are fairly split anyways between sage or demon, so its not something all wizards will have anyways.
    Dage DB's giving 20% to stun is quite powerful in AoE effectiveness.

The current heal for demon DB is essentially ineffective as the proc chance near nothing. I'm just suggesting for it to be reworked to have actual benefits. Also, this wouldn't make the wizards very OP, as if you don't have the proper gear / buffs, the monsters will kill you through a small heal such as this anyways. Instead of an IH heal, can make it a 1 time heal, or make it not stackable so multiple procs would just reset your original heal over time.

As for PvP (mostly TW), any wizard using DB is out of his mind. If they are in the center of a major fight and must use an AoE, they should definitely be using Ice Prism to disable the enemy and dealing damage instead.
    YOUTUBE:

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    And given that seekers can use BP with their vortex, wizards should not be left out of heals.

Kay, I'll take a heal on my barrage too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sage BOA has 33% dmg reduction, don't be greedy :P
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I do agree that the heal should be reworked but how: I do not know. I do see that it does proc at least as often as it says it does though.

The problem you probably see is that 500 HP on a well geared wizard is hardly noticeable.
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nope I think its correct.

says it has a 25% chance every 3 seconds to restore 500hp

Thats not very High is it? I thought we had upgraded versions of DB coming with primal anyway what happened to these as the shield you had on affected the DB in some way!
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    With the current state of gear, most heal procs (infinite weapon proc, healing bonus on sage/demon cleric buffs, etc) are totally ineffective. Back when 6000 HP was considered epic, 500 HP meant something. It is a drop in the bucket by current standards.

I think all the fixed value numbers should be based off max HP or magic attack instead. A heal for 10% of max HP makes more sense and would scale with future gear updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

As for PvP (mostly TW), any wizard using DB is out of his mind. If they are in the center of a major fight and must use an AoE, they should definitely be using Ice Prism to disable the enemy and dealing damage instead.

Clearly u never met me in NW or TW... DB is a great skill to use when ganked by sins, BMs and barbs.... also when u combo it after Ice prison...

About the heal.... i never been able to niotice it, if it were mob dependant it would be like wiz with bp, if seekers can hy not us... but idc so much... not a need.
    I would like maybe a better effect, like 20% added chance to crit on every hit on every mob.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Clearly u never met me in NW or TW... DB is a great skill to use when ganked by sins, BMs and barbs.... also when u combo it after Ice prison...

About the heal.... i never been able to niotice it, if it were mob dependant it would be like wiz with bp, if seekers can hy not us... but idc so much... not a need.
    I would like maybe a better effect, like 20% added chance to crit on every hit on every mob.

Well Dragslave. We haven't unfortunately. but if you in there like that. I'll just use my Demon Knife throw from my sin, cuz i mainly use my sin for TW, to knock you right out :p.
    And I'm not saying to that you shouldn't really use it in PvP. Just the occation is rare, when so many people group up in such a small area. But in those areas, might be better popping BT from afar then jumping into front center fight b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:

• shaftz13
    shaftz13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

This is the worst exemple you could use. Seeker, HA-tanker class with GOF. Wizard, AA-Pure DD. You should compare it to Archers BOA instead of Seekers vortex.

Get a weapon with GOF, open Vortex on 20-30 mobs w/o BP and you'll see how fun is it, even if the mobs didn't hit you, you would die due to GOF.

And no. I'm not saying that Wizard don't need a revamp on that skill or others. But you cannot use such different class/skill to make a fair comparison. b:victory
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Simple solution: Instead of 500 hp bare, make it a heal of 3% or so (like the percentage of damage based heal of that bloody BP) of the current max hitpoints. That way it will scale as the HP count of the wizard goes up. Incidentally, this should be done for more skills as the current end-level gear takes hitpoints so high that a fixed amount just does not work anymore. Neither in damage, nor in healing.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I have never heard of this skill having a healing limit. The healing, so far as I know, is a chance per hit like sage 'Dragon's Breath''s stun. So, in delta, that's 20 mobs on you and each hit counts as a separate 25% chance (my demon alt would solo aoe grind and stay at full hp, charmless and potionless, with 8 mobs on it easily). The healed hp does not show up like a 'Blood Suck' popup, by the way.

On a side note, claiming that wizards NEED a 'BP' type heal on their continual aoe because seekers do is flawed. The 'BP' isn't an effect from seekers but another class. However, based on your request, what about psychics and 'Furious Ocean' which is also a continual aoe.. do they get a heal effect too in this case?

Note: Always be wary of localization because of text errors. Do a test and post in the quality corner if it's an issue.