RANDOM MASS DC's FIX IT NOW

LegendsHunt - Dreamweaver
LegendsHunt - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
idk how many ppl are being affected by this but every single person in my guild is ive dc' like 5 times today already wth is goin on Gm's mods i kno u read this over pass on to higher ups and fix this sb:shutup plz
Post edited by LegendsHunt - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• bankersbucks
    bankersbucks Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014

REGIONAL ROUTER ISSUES. GET A CLUE!

Seriously though. If you're not going to do some basic troubleshooting. Shut up.

If you're not a complete internet noob, you should realize that there's a lot of stuff that can happen with your data between when it leaves your PC, gets to the game server, and then gets back to your PC.
    The Internet is not magic.
    No matter how much your little brain wants to think it is.

This post does a nice job of summing it up.

You might want to review reality a little bit before crying like a spoiled brat.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    well i got pretty mad because i dc right after i got to big room in FC xD
    but thank god i didnt got timer when i got back
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2014

REGIONAL ROUTER ISSUES. GET A CLUE!

Seriously though. If you're not going to do some basic troubleshooting. Shut up.

If you're not a complete internet noob, you should realize that there's a lot of stuff that can happen with your data between when it leaves your PC, gets to the game server, and then gets back to your PC.
    The Internet is not magic.
    No matter how much your little brain wants to think it is.

This post does a nice job of summing it up.

You might want to review reality a little bit before crying like a spoiled brat.

LOL, and there are other people on your server that like having you, and your common-place attitude around?

Isnt it literally amazing that other browser based games dont have this same problem?

What is it about that 'Magic Internet' that hates Perfect World so much? *fox stares* o.o
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    LOL, and there are other people on your server that like having you, and your common-place attitude around?

Isnt it literally amazing that other browser based games dont have this same problem?

What is it about that 'Magic Internet' that hates Perfect World so much? *fox stares* o.o
    Comparing an MMO like PWI to a browser game is kind of like comparing a real truck to a Tonka toy.

It's common knowlege for most people with a technical background. Even most people that are interested in solving their own problems would discover it shortly. It's not like the way the internet works is some great secret that is only revealed after years of college education. Most 5-year-olds with a little intuition can figure it out given the availability of technology and knowledge these days.

In the end though, the OP is just another whiner with nothing to back up his story.
    If it were actually mass DC's across the server, there would be more than one person out here posting it by now.

If it were server-side, you can bet there would be at least 5 threads here, a couple in the Tech Support forum, and mods working to join it all together.

But that's not happening, is it?

And with that, I'll make my little wall a bigger one with this...
    People hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until you bother to provide more information. And seriously, there's a much better chance that the issue is either on your end, or somewhere between you and the servers. Unfortunately, that can't be determined until you give us something to work with.

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your antivirus/security software. (Especially with Norton360 or MSE)
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it. (Common with some modems.)
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common withNorton360, ZoneAlarm, and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly. (Or it's just a cheap router that can't handle the traffic you're putting on it.)
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list of possible issues.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone/cable line at the pole and it's raining. (I have personally had this happen.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (Most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (Has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (This has happened more than a few times. More often occurs with trunk lines crossing large bodies of water)

That's just a few. Sometimes, the easiest fix is something like shutting down your Modem/Router/PC for three minutes and then bringing them back up. Unfortunately, all you've done is complain about having high latency. You haven't done anything that might lead someone who can help you, to be able to help you resolve the issue you're having.
    The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

At an absolute minimum I would need a copy of a traceroute to the server, and detailed information about how your local network is configured. In some cases, even a published Speccy log.

You don't have to be a tech wiz to provide any of this information either. You just need to be able to click the links I provided and to read and comprehend/follow instructions. I can understand you're frustrated, but sitting and complaining about a connection, without actually ever attempting to fix it, or provide information for those that can help you fix it, it probably one of the stupidest things you can do. If you feel offended by this statement, then you really need to take a closer look at reality.
    SweetieBot can you report server status?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 485ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 149ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 147ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 191ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 66ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 61ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 127ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 182ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Go to cmd as admin

ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew

99% of the time this solves the problem.
  • das7002
    das7002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Go to cmd as admin

ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew

99% of the time this solves the problem.

Ehhh... clear out DNS too while you're at it b:chuckle
    arp -d *
    nbtstat -R
    ipconfig /flushdns
    nbtstat -RR
    ipconfig /registerdns

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    das7002 wrote: »
    Ehhh... clear out DNS too while you're at it b:chuckle
    arp -d *
    nbtstat -R
    ipconfig /flushdns
    nbtstat -RR
    ipconfig /registerdns

ay das bby
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unless the -entire- server gets booted (impromptu reset or server/net split) it isn't an issue with PWI. Would probably help if a geeky gamer would do a ping and trace while a mass DC is happening to see where the problem is. It could be the data center that the PWI servers are hosted at - if we can get some solid traces to back that, we could prolly get the admins to whine at the hoster about crappy connections.

But going "whaaa disconnect fix fix!!1!1!" is not likely to get a reaction from any server admin.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OMG I played on Dreamweaver for hours last night and didn't DC once! Nobody DC'd from my SoT BH squad or any of my other BH squads.

When will PWI fix this? I'm QQQQQ so much, I feel like unlike the OP I'm missing out on the real PWI gaming experience. b:angryb:shockedb:cryb:surrender
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be fair I was in a UCH last night and my screen froze and when it came back one by one the ENTIRE squad dc'ed but I didnt.

Reinvited everyone back and carried on.

Could be PWI, could be a regional thing, could be everyones cat simultaneously through a premediated evil kitty plot reset all our routers and it didn't affect me because I eat kittens.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    To be fair I was in a UCH last night and my screen froze and when it came back one by one the ENTIRE squad dc'ed but I didnt.

Reinvited everyone back and carried on.

Could be PWI, could be a regional thing, could be everyones cat simultaneously through a premediated evil kitty plot reset all our routers and it didn't affect me because I eat kittens.

Stop eating kittens and go post more videos! I'm bored at work on Friday and you refuse to give me new videos to entertain myself U.U
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously...im not gonna sit here and say that people DONT know what they are talking about....but there IS serious issues with the game itself and DC on the server/PWI end. IDC if only one thread or one hundred pop up and im not trying to downplay the knowledge of ANY of you IT smart peeps out there...im just saying there is something seriously wrong with their servers. In RT there are many major lag spike issues...and people from MANY different regions complain about it on a regular basis. I personally have a VERY GOOD internet service and there are times where i will be doing my daily grind and all of a sudden lag spike hell comes. A few times this has happened i did my own verifications...with my company and checking my network performance log and the issue is almost never on my end. So anyone saying well its probably just your problem, WAKE UP and realize that there is a good chance the OP is right and pwi needs to take our money we pay them to fix this ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PLC - Harshlands
    PLC - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Quality of service (QoS) is the overall performance of a telephony or computer network, particularly the performance seen by the users of the network.

To quantitatively measure quality of service several related aspects of the network service are often considered, such as error rates, bandwidth, throughput, transmission delay, AVAILABILITY, jitter, etc.

Quality of service is particularly important for the transport of traffic with special requirements. In particular, much technology has been developed to allow computer networks to become as useful as telephone networks for audio conversations, as well as supporting new applications with even stricter service demands.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Idc much for the common-place attitude but he made an obvious completely spot-on answer..do trouble-shoot on your own side before crying to pwi it's "their magic internet" with problems.

I'm wondering which browser based games you play because I have played browser-based games and all have the same issues, just have to play long enough to deal with them (much like pwi).

In any case, regional problem, nothing "magic" on pwi's side and if you got problems with that be sure to post a troubleshoot from your own side next time first before making random accusations again. It's getting really really really really really tiresome hearing people cry "omg game lag fix it fix it fix it fix it" when they hardly know what Command Prompt is (I didn't even shortened it so people can find it) and believe everything works on fairy dust on their side and pwi works with duct-taped cables.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    TZoner: Your local connection to your ISP can be a bloody gigabit fiber link with triple redundancy, it won't matter one bit if the problem is in the peering somewhere between your ISP, the various higher tier providers between you and the datacenter where the server is hosted, and the network in said datacenter itself. Again, if the problem is with the server it would either drop everyone or drop random persons (IE noone unaffected all the time). I do this kind of work for a living. I know what I'm talking about. The fact that you can get to google when you can't get to PWI Dreamweaver doesn't mean the Dreamweaver server itself is having issues.

What I get from this thread is that it's only some regions that are continually affected. To me that suggests that the ISP of the data center (usually a tier 3 or higher provider) has an intermittent problem with one of it's peers - one that automatically corrects itself, as routers will try to reconfigure their routes if part of the network goes down, but that process isn't instantaneous unless the failing connection actively reports that it's now unavailable.

That said, couldn't hurt for the admins to put a few permanent pings out from the server or whichever device sits between the server and the 'net, to various locations on the globe and see if something goes down on specific times. Then if people report the exact times when there's an outage on the forum, the admins can crossreference that with the connection history and see if there's a fullblown connection outage, partial connectivity with an outage to some locations, or an issue with the server itself.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Comparing an MMO like PWI to a browser game is kind of like comparing a real truck to a Tonka toy.

It's common knowlege for most people with a technical background. Even most people that are interested in solving their own problems would discover it shortly. It's not like the way the internet works is some great secret that is only revealed after years of college education. Most 5-year-olds with a little intuition can figure it out given the availability of technology and knowledge these days.

In the end though, the OP is just another whiner with nothing to back up his story.
    If it were actually mass DC's across the server, there would be more than one person out here posting it by now.

If it were server-side, you can bet there would be at least 5 threads here, a couple in the Tech Support forum, and mods working to join it all together.

But that's not happening, is it?

And with that, I'll make my little wall a bigger one with this...

Well, I used a browser based game as my example since it depends a lot on the internet, and was my first MMO. It also had the same issues - lag spikes and DCs that were eventually fixed. The devs of that game were very happy to take credit for the fix. The players stopped complaining at all about the DC's until the dreaded DDoS appeared on the IT scene.

Anyone with an average 5 year old intelligence in gaming that was around back then could tell you that. Anyone with an average 5 year old intelligence in gaming now that plays that game, can tell you they still dont have a big problem with DC's on that game. A little lag, but nothing major. Most of the DDoSing was somehow being perpetrated through voice programs like TS and Vent for that game.

I can do more complex MMOs too, like a popular and massive disc-download internet game. Played it for 5 years religously and although short lag experiences were felt around crowded cities, as well as when they started doing 20 and 40 man team instances, never once in the 5 years I spent playing it did I DC.

For either of these experiences, the only thing for me that has changed is time, and my PC, surfboard and router. I have had the exact same ISP all along. Time has passed - at least a decade, which is longer than the 5 year old IT genius has been alive. I have no idea how long internet infrastructure is good for, so time may be the reason for the down-grade in service, if it is as you say - the trunk lines, hubs, etc.

I have no doubt Sylen that you give everyone very good information in your wall of IT text. The thing is we live in a world of instant gratification. The 5 year old IT genius looks at your wall of text and merrily hops to it. That wall of text would provide him with his own personal instant gratification. The person with no interest in programming and IT looks at it and says, "Im not working THAT hard just to play a silly MMO."

You should be glad about those people with no interest in IT. For every person that pursues other interests, thats one less person to compete with for a job in IT.

In the end, I have this awesomely funny vision of a Worldwide Squirrel Plot Against Data Wiiring in my head. Im wondering if those beautiful black squirrels at Gracie Mansion are the 'illuminati' behind it all. xD b:laugh

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't know about multiple times, but I did send Venus a PM telling her that RT crashed for a minute around... I think it was 5 or 7pm EST on the 6th.

Originally when I disconnected I assumed it was Time Warner being a pos again, logged on to find west a ghost town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was a major burp last night on RT, but it wasn't a server crash, as I never DCed (did have major lag on both clients I had open.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pretty sure it wasn't all people.
    And the servers didn't go down.

And for anyone who was in an instance, if you were solo farming, then you probably still owned the instance and can continue on from there.

For anyone who was in a sqd in a big instance. just restart it if you have too, or the person, who owned the instance @ the end, just invite everyone else after.

b:chuckle

Silly peeps
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile