the most recent scam, be careful.

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    As stated in the short red message that pops up on every server every now and then, never go to any websites that are not specifically PWI related (pwi.perfectworld.com, games.arcgames.com/en/prod/pwi), as they are most likely phishing/scamming websites!

If anyone knows who the culprit is in particular, please send me and/or the mods and CM information, so we can look into this and hopefully end the scamming that they're causing!

Ha! hahahahahaha!

Because a mod can do anything.

Send it straight to a CM or submit a ticket yo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Honestly, that's a bad example.

It's not too hard to notice when a site/offer seems suspicious and not giving away your account information to other people is common sense. Same goes with suspicious behavior.

its mostly the friendly neighbor.. should you have expected and known or not?

What i am trying to say is that despite all warnings it can happen and there is no reason to step all over those people and say they deserve it and not do anything about it.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ha! hahahahahaha!

Because a mod can do anything.

Send it straight to a CM or submit a ticket yo

Yup! We have a direct line to other GMs that don't actively check these forums, as well as the CM when he is not on the forums.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As stated in the short red message that pops up on every server every now and then, never go to any websites that are not specifically PWI related (pwi.perfectworld.com, games.arcgames.com/en/prod/pwi), as they are most likely phishing/scamming websites!

If anyone knows who the culprit is in particular, please send me and/or the mods and CM information, so we can look into this and hopefully end the scamming that they're causing!

The OP stated he knows who the culprit is but can't tell it in the post, could try sending the OP a pm.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No need to worry about binding your gear if you don't give your account information to ANYONE.

That's the biggest thing. Don't give out your account information. Not to your spouse, your sibling, your BFF, no one. And make sure that they can't easily guess your information either.

My sibling's in the other room. Ill just bash his face in ;o

Also be wary of Rep sellers. Some of their badges has 1 too many zero's so read before you buy b:surrender
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Yup! We have a direct line to other GMs that don't actively check these forums, as well as the CM when he is not on the forums.

Or do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    to krisnda
    u think or u know?

to all:
    for the faction leaders part that almost got me. it was done on archo round when i was lvl 70(ancient history) and i woulda given them stuff had i not asked in fac chat why they wanted it. leader responded they didnt and asked wth i was talking about. if its a faction leader ask in fac chat about it. if they dont respond dont give em anything.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I think so.

Do you really though?

Let's be honest even with a direct line to whoever, you mods are still useless on something like this. A CM alone isn't gonna handle a bunch of people falling for something like this, best thing they can do is send a ticket. Don't delude yourselves into thinking you have any real impact anywhere but the forums. Even then, I'd rate your significance "meh" at best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No need to worry about binding your gear if you don't give your account information to ANYONE.

That's the biggest thing. Don't give out your account information. Not to your spouse, your sibling, your BFF, no one. And make sure that they can't easily guess your information either.

Not entirely true, hackers can brute force their way in, there is also the possibility of downloading a keylogger, while its true most hackers who actually go to the extremes of brute forcing their way in, are far more likely going to be after more.. lucrative options. They can still do it for accounts in any game, steal the account/items from a person, and sell it on a black market, harder to be traced back for that... I believe anyways, whereas stealing actual money has the higher chance of getting the FBI knocking at your door, or at least it does afaik. (It doesn't make sense to me for the fbi to investigate X person getting their 'account' stolen by Z, y or any other letter of the alphabet.)

One of my biggest... fears is of a employee of any and all game, saying to him or her self... hmm "X player is absolutely inactive, and those kind of accounts make real money on the black market." *accesses database/gets info/precedes to sell inactive account on the black market. (Now obviously if it is someone that shouldn't be in there, they will attract a lot more attention than those who are suppose to be in there, but I think it would be unimaginably difficult to keep track of things like this, especially with a large player base.)

Anyways I digress, it is possible to lose your account by other means than just giving out your info. (It's just that giving out your info is the easier/most computer illiterate way about going for the info, and obviously despite how simple it is, it works on more than one occasion... Ergo aye do not give out your info/do NOT enter your username/info on any other site than the ones pwe/pwi says is ok.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you really though?

Let's be honest even with a direct line to whoever, you mods are still useless on something like this. A CM alone isn't gonna handle a bunch of people falling for something like this, best thing they can do is send a ticket. Don't delude yourselves into thinking you have any real impact anywhere but the forums. Even then, I'd rate your significance "meh" at best.

harsh
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This happened on RT awhile back ago to some of my guild mates and a few other people I know.

This person used a capital I in my leader's name, and was going around asking for coins from the guild. b:angry

It happened again to my other male friend whose is a faction leader.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    To Zan.

I was being sarcastic.

As for the rest of your comment, you can choose to think that if you want to.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mod got pmed.
    the scamercouple is aware of this thread and made fun of it via worldchat.
    lets see how long they laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    mod got pmed.
    the scamercouple is aware of this thread and made fun of it via worldchat.
    lets see how long they laugh.

Probably quite some time, seeing as it's unlikely they have any true ties to the game. Get reported, get banned (if you're lucky), start new accounts, repeat. It's Morai, we have plenty of stupids to fall for this stuff.

Man.. I really should take the dishonest route. Looks like it pays off. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Probably quite some time, seeing as it's unlikely they have any true ties to the game. Get reported, get banned (if you're lucky), start new accounts, repeat. It's Morai, we have plenty of stupids to fall for this stuff.

Man.. I really should take the dishonest route. Looks like it pays off. b:chuckle

*cough* look at what happened with the goon glitch, and the orb glitch. (Not to mention other... cases... that I am forgetting to mention.) xD

Cheaters absolutely seem to prosper in this game sadly. D: What community is left has pretty much just accepted it since pwe/pwi doesn't seem to do anything about the one's who do abuse/'cheat' their way to uberness. ;/

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pwe should remove the in game notices about scamming and such going to non pwi sites, its pretty obvious from this thread that no one pays attention to it
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *cough* look at what happened with the goon glitch, and the orb glitch. (Not to mention other... cases... that I am forgetting to mention.) xD

Cheaters absolutely seem to prosper in this game sadly. D: What community is left has pretty much just accepted it since pwe/pwi doesn't seem to do anything about the one's who do abuse/'cheat' their way to uberness. ;/

ah so true
    there r still 3 scammers playing in DW.
    I did send ticket about them. (I bet other ppl did too) They didn't got banned.
    I cant mention their names here, because it seems to be wrong - wrong to tell the truth.

So every time they WC by selling FC - which is scam- I buy 1 tele and remind ppl- not to trust him.

Everytime they join Free Lunar Run or WS run- i remind squad- Do not run with them, the EoD/EoO will be gone before u even notice it on floor (there was 1 squad who didnt believe- so i left it- 1h later squad leader PMs me: u were right, at least i learn my lesson now.)

Everything time they WC that they r refining your armor/wep- I buy 1 tele again xD and remind not to trust them. Same goes for mold+ badges.

But of course, not always every1 sees my WC, there r some ppl who still dont know about them and falls in trap..and from time to time u can see when WCing and being angry cuz those 3 scammed them.

Why PWI don't IP ban?

pwe should remove the in game notices about scamming and such going to non pwi sites, its pretty obvious from this thread that no one pays attention to it
    I don't agree with this. Im so glad they put that Msg.

The day i made suggestion thread about it- i was thinking they would never do it

guess what..next day GM/CM made the msg and im so glad ;D

I think that msg should stay. It doesn't harm any1 that's it there
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014

The day i made suggestion thread about it- i was thinking they would never do it

Yes it would not hurt to keep it by no means. That was just being silly, but a more direct answer would be this from a cool movie "stupid is as stupid does". You can't force people to have common sense. Having that scrolling message is not going to somehow magically give people a little bit of sense.

I guess in the end what I am saying is, that message in red text just proves people don't pay attention to it at all.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    ah so true
    there r still 3 scammers playing in DW.
    I did send ticket about them. (I bet other ppl did too) They didn't got banned.
    I cant mention their names here, because it seems to be wrong - wrong to tell the truth.

So every time they WC by selling FC - which is scam- I buy 1 tele and remind ppl- not to trust him.

Everytime they join Free Lunar Run or WS run- i remind squad- Do not run with them, the EoD/EoO will be gone before u even notice it on floor (there was 1 squad who didnt believe- so i left it- 1h later squad leader PMs me: u were right, at least i learn my lesson now.)

Everything time they WC that they r refining your armor/wep- I buy 1 tele again xD and remind not to trust them. Same goes for mold+ badges.

But of course, not always every1 sees my WC, there r some ppl who still dont know about them and falls in trap..and from time to time u can see when WCing and being angry cuz those 3 scammed them.

Why PWI don't IP ban?

Not true, it makes it harder for me to phish goodies from people on my server. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Support has the response time of a sloth taking a dump, so sometime next year they may or may not decide to take action on all the tickets, or they might auto close them all to clear out the system like in the past without one **** given.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do you really though?

Well, if I had to be honest, us mods get notice regarding events such as this a LOT faster than the CM and GMs do, since they have other things they have to tend to in their work environment. On top of this, sending in a ticket or messaging a CM/GM on the forums from an account that is considered "normal" would not speed things up in getting this solved.

Sending in a ticket would also bring about a slow response, considering the fact that the support system handles every single little thing that is related to needing support, which ranges from the forums to ingame problems, from questions regarding authority actions on someone's account to bugs that happen ingame, from disputes involving multiple parties to phishing and scamming issues. And it's not just for PWI; there's also the other games that PWE own, as well.

To top that off, there are also the numerous spam tickets, as well as tickets that shouldn't be sent in as tickets, that have to be handled as well, so as I stated, sending in a ticket for this kind of issue, while I agree is something you should do, it won't get handled as quickly as one wants to.

Having a direct line, basically chatting with the GMs/CM on a messenger, gives us a direct connection and immediate response from the team, which facilitates getting high-priority issues like this scamming/phishing that's been spreading around to be handled quicker.

And it's not about just handling what happened to the victims of this phishing, but to prevent it from spreading around even more, based on RankNine's post. Sure we may be useless in terms of us being forum moderators, but since we are forum moderators and the PWE team knows about us, they would know that if there is something urgent to be taken care of, then it's probably very serious.

I hope this helps you in understanding why it's better to have a way to directly contact parts of the PWE team than to not and hope that a ticket gets answered as soon as possible while more and more people fall victim to the phishing.

If not, then well, I tried.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Well, if I had to be honest, us mods get notice regarding events such as this a LOT faster than the CM and GMs do, since they have other things they have to tend to in their work environment. On top of this, sending in a ticket or messaging a CM/GM on the forums from an account that is considered "normal" would not speed things up in getting this solved.

Sending in a ticket would also bring about a slow response, considering the fact that the support system handles every single little thing that is related to needing support, which ranges from the forums to ingame problems, from questions regarding authority actions on someone's account to bugs that happen ingame, from disputes involving multiple parties to phishing and scamming issues. And it's not just for PWI; there's also the other games that PWE own, as well.

To top that off, there are also the numerous spam tickets, as well as tickets that shouldn't be sent in as tickets, that have to be handled as well, so as I stated, sending in a ticket for this kind of issue, while I agree is something you should do, it won't get handled as quickly as one wants to.

Having a direct line, basically chatting with the GMs/CM on a messenger, gives us a direct connection and immediate response from the team, which facilitates getting high-priority issues like this scamming/phishing that's been spreading around to be handled quicker.

And it's not about just handling what happened to the victims of this phishing, but to prevent it from spreading around even more, based on RankNine's post. Sure we may be useless in terms of us being forum moderators, but since we are forum moderators and the PWE team knows about us, they would know that if there is something urgent to be taken care of, then it's probably very serious.

I hope this helps you in understanding why it's better to have a way to directly contact parts of the PWE team than to not and hope that a ticket gets answered as soon as possible while more and more people fall victim to the phishing.

If not, then well, I tried.

No, I got a nice long response so.. I'm pretty happy.

Although... No. No, that's about it. Have a good 'un
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hello community.
    my server, morai, suffered from a huge wave of scam that almost hit every faction recently. items and chars worth many billions got stolen and abused for phishing/scam. many of our friends quit after being the victim of that crime.

the scamer/hacker appears very dumb ingame, but his actions prove that its just an act to earn your trust.

thanks to core connect we finally managed to discover who was responsible for all the scams.
    its a couple from egypt, which uses proxy server to still access PWI, even tho the region is banned (ironically for an excess of scaming coming from that country).
    according to pwi forum rules, i am not allowed to give you the names, but be sure that this couple has a lot of chars in almost every big faction.
    recently they became more greedy and less careful, which lead to the final bust.
    while investigating, we found out that the couple seems to be active on other servers aswell, thats why i started this thread now. BE AWARE! do not trust or trade anyone your items, DONT visit any link that promises free stuff.

their usual tactics:

-faking the names of officers of factions, then pming everyone thats online, trying to get them into smalltalk to eventually lure them to a phishing site, by claiming you get free stuff.

-once they got info to accounts that visited their site, they proceed the same tactic with the friendlist of the hijacked chars. we usually trust our friends, right? thats what they abuse.

- "hey, let me try your gear" is also very common. they will ask you to try on your tome, or your necklace. gone forever.

everyone be careful and feel free to share if similar stuff happened on your server.
    whoever wants to know the names of the couple, feel free to leave a forum msg or pm me ingame.

Once again we encounter problems like thatand my response will always be the same. If anyone is dumb enough to fall for the above mentioned then they deserve it and even worse. Stupidity is the worst Illness of humanity and needs to be eradicated. The Victims seem to have paid a high price for their dumbness but oh well at least we can hope they could leanr something about it.

Ya I know that sounds so arrogant and "***"-like. Any yeah ofc it is. Are we still 6 years old? Are we unable to make our own decisions? Do we really need to police and protect anyone? We should laugh at all the victims for their utter dumbness, not cuz we wanna be mean, no! Just to show them how dumb they are. Otherwise ppl will act like "Oh, It was not my fault, how could I ever know this, please pitty me, oh my..."

The same joke is about all those that have been "****"! ya ofc. Someone enters their Acc-Info on a random site and has been "****" out of it. What kind of joke is that? It's like posting your friggin Info on WC and saying "but please dont take anything". Being **** means that someone actually bruteforced your Info or got them via keyloggers or something. If one is just stupid enough the throw away his credit card while having the pin attachted to the card via post-its then ffs let this dumbo be robbed out. Laugh at them, show them that their ways were wrong, that THEY actually made a mistake! Are we carebears or what?

No one deserves any pitty if ultimatly the person alone is responsible for his/her situation.

Do I sympathize with "hackers"? Hell no. I simply dont mind them. With their ways, they wont get my Info anyways (: No need to protect the ppl, let them do mistakes and they will know how to proper handle this kinda situation when they encounter them again. PPL always only learn the hard way. So if you look at it from a more psychological way, then one could come to the thought that those so called "hackers" did even do more good then OPs post ever could do. Not always is anything just Black and white.

OH my, I'm sorry, should get my praises for Barbs rdy. Too much serious writing these days xDDD Maybe that post was a lil too much for a gaming forum but due to the fact that we got some smart ppl here, meh it could have some sense at least.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Not entirely true, hackers can brute force their way in, there is also the possibility of downloading a keylogger, while its true most hackers who actually go to the extremes of brute forcing their way in, are far more likely going to be after more.. lucrative options. They can still do it for accounts in any game, steal the account/items from a person, and sell it on a black market, harder to be traced back for that... I believe anyways, whereas stealing actual money has the higher chance of getting the FBI knocking at your door, or at least it does afaik. (It doesn't make sense to me for the fbi to investigate X person getting their 'account' stolen by Z, y or any other letter of the alphabet.)

One of my biggest... fears is of a employee of any and all game, saying to him or her self... hmm "X player is absolutely inactive, and those kind of accounts make real money on the black market." *accesses database/gets info/precedes to sell inactive account on the black market. (Now obviously if it is someone that shouldn't be in there, they will attract a lot more attention than those who are suppose to be in there, but I think it would be unimaginably difficult to keep track of things like this, especially with a large player base.)

Anyways I digress, it is possible to lose your account by other means than just giving out your info. (It's just that giving out your info is the easier/most computer illiterate way about going for the info, and obviously despite how simple it is, it works on more than one occasion... Ergo aye do not give out your info/do NOT enter your username/info on any other site than the ones pwe/pwi says is ok.)
    You're talking about a 1%-er though. Yes it's possible. Sure it happens sometimes.
    I would be willing to bet though, if you were to take an actual study of it, 90% of the people that claim to have been "****" freely gave their account information out to someone, (friend, relative, or 3rd party site). 5% of those people got their information taken because they practice poor security practices and were the result of someone being able to easily guess their information, (that someone usually being a friend, relative, or faction mate). 4% of them will have lost it due to key loggers, viruses, or other malware, (usually distributed in the form of fake bots, **** and cheats that where inserted into a user system with poor security and bad habits). Which leaves the 1%, those that were truly ****.

I'm not just making wild guesses off the top of my head either. This is based on personal observations of over 16 years in the industry, and from personal experience in the digital underworld myself. (Yes, I used to be one of those hackers.)

For the vast majority of people, they basically lost their stuff because of misplaced trust, or because they did not practice good security, not because they were ****. Forewarned is forearmed. Knowledge is the key to winning. (Or in this case, the key to not losing your stuff.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    You're talking about a 1%-er though. Yes it's possible. Sure it happens sometimes.
    I would be willing to bet though, if you were to take an actual study of it, 90% of the people that claim to have been "****" freely gave their account information out to someone, (friend, relative, or 3rd party site). 5% of those people got their information taken because they practice poor security practices and were the result of someone being able to easily guess their information, (that someone usually being a friend, relative, or faction mate). 4% of them will have lost it due to key loggers, viruses, or other malware, (usually distributed in the form of fake bots, **** and cheats that where inserted into a user system with poor security and bad habits). Which leaves the 1%, those that were truly ****.

I'm not just making wild guesses off the top of my head either. This is based on personal observations of over 16 years in the industry, and from personal experience in the digital underworld myself. (Yes, I used to be one of those hackers.)

For the vast majority of people, they basically lost their stuff because of misplaced trust, or because they did not practice good security, not because they were ****. Forewarned is forearmed. Knowledge is the key to winning. (Or in this case, the key to not losing your stuff.)

Mhm agreed.

Though it is possible to get '****' by having a weak password.

I actually had the above at one point, I fully believe that is what allowed my account to be compromised as I did NOT download any viruses/did not have a keylogger/malware/adware on my computer, I didn't share my account with anyone, nor did I share the info with anyone. i also didn't have a bank password, but the weakness of the password is no longer there, and now I have a bank password. Thankfully for me they gave the stuff back. (Something I am not used to seeing games do.)

Anyways I digress, and you obviously know this already. :P

Still even being 'vigilant' and knowing most of the ways people get into your account, can not guarantee your account will never be '****' (compromised), sometimes (as you know) even when you don't fall for the simplest/most computer illetrate trick like the one mention in the original post... you can indeed have your account '****'... but yea I am rambling here you already know that. :$ lol

Sorry. :$ I ramble a bit sometimes. :X

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Mhm agreed.

Though it is possible to get '****' by having a weak password.

I actually had the above at one point, I fully believe that is what allowed my account to be compromised as I did NOT download any viruses/did not have a keylogger/malware/adware on my computer, I didn't share my account with anyone, nor did I share the info with anyone. i also didn't have a bank password, but the weakness of the password is no longer there, and now I have a bank password. Thankfully for me they gave the stuff back. (Something I am not used to seeing games do.)

Anyways I digress, and you obviously know this already. :P

Still even being 'vigilant' and knowing most of the ways people get into your account, can not guarantee your account will never be '****' (compromised), sometimes (as you know) even when you don't fall for the simplest/most computer illetrate trick like the one mention in the original post... you can indeed have your account '****'... but yea I am rambling here you already know that. :$ lol

Sorry. :$ I ramble a bit sometimes. :X
    LOL I know what you mean. I ramble too.

Lost a good friend because he had a super-complex user name and that was his security. Anyone who halfway knew him could have guessed his password. Account ID's used to be really private, and then Core Alpha came out. Support team wouldn't to jack to get his gear replaced either, even though we knew exactly who it was, had full screenshots of the gear on him before, and in the shop of the assailant after, ect, ect. So he quit, and is gone forever. He learned an important lesson though. Harder passwords. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if someone that knows there core connect info/name(s) could pm me, i'd appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Retalation - Raging Tide
    Retalation - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    - "hey, let me try your gear" is also very common. they will ask you to try on your tome, or your necklace. gone forever.

Really? Really!?

If someone scams you that way, you really have problems. I

It's so obvious it's stupid /BearFacepalm

I am also going to laught for a while if I see it happen b:laugh
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Why PWI don't IP ban?

Naming is not allowed because it would be too easy to abuse; I could write your name and say you ate my unicorn, I could even fake a screenie to prove it if I really wanted to...

PWI can and do ban IP's, which causes lots of qqing, some of it probably legitimate... in any case, well organised scammers like this will not be stopped by this, they will change their IP easily enough. In fact, my own internet connection is a mobile broadband dongle which because it connects via different routes each time I connect to my network means my IP is different every time. This makes for some amusing ads on facebook sometimes, offering local services many hundreds of miles away from where I actually live
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word