[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't like PvP. For the most part it is too unballanced. i'm a G16 geared Sage cleric and cannot even kill any other G16 geared class.

I do not enjoy PvP and never liked PvP, but getting items you are forced to participate in NW.
    even there it is too unballanced.
    Weekly i got as cleric 80-100 supply tokens each nw ( i have to be in second or first nation).
    While the tanky classes laugh and still manage to get 200 supply tokens in a last nation and there crying over it.

Fact is healing and buffing players do not give credit in nw.
  • mataussi0
    mataussi0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not interested in losing my stuff and don't want to spend the coin to get the scrolls to not lose my stuff. now this might be of some interest.. make a pvp free zone somewhere (no lose of items). besides what do get out pvp anyways beside charm loss???
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This week's maintenance question:

Do you like to PvP? If not, why so?

No, I don't like it.

I like to play with other characters in MMORPG, not kill them.

I had never ever hit player (character) in pwi.

I was in non-pwi pvp server, those was time, when I understand, how bad is PvP.

Once (after level 30) my character had been killed by character with head of bull (it was unique death, because I never saw such enemy among players) ...

Also I was with my faction in TW (once) , but I not found death after death interesting.

Since those time all my accounts are on PvE servers.

pwi now PvP game though. NW disbalanced all PvE servers, shifted them to PvP.
  • rudolfus
    rudolfus Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yo Sparkie, would be nice to get reborn questline fixed after weeks!!b:surrender
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No, PVP in this game is pure and utter ****, skill is irrelevant, you just need your daddy`s credit card, case closed, and finally poke the Chinese devs to fix the damn 2nd rb letter quest!
  • tuvlo
    tuvlo Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if someone ever played on a PW server with balanced and equal gears for all, knows what great difference makes one shard or just a single buff ! i did! i still do! and i know!

so pvp in a server full with r9rr players. in gears different than r9rr +10 is completely stupid and pointless!

i dont want to hear even a word about pvp on a pve server!

i hate to be forced and dragged in to nw.

if i want a decent pvp i know where to find it and its not in pwi servers.! b:bye

ps: " Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST."

you are soooo confused about server/pst times and dates! lololololol
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Yes, I enjoy PvP, but I agree with Azura, balance doesn't seem well-considered lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • blueman33
    blueman33 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    server up ?

have problem in my client

im already donwload manual patch (now my client versi 777)

butttt, i didnt login, have notice " Your Current Program is too low bla bla bla"

im try auto update have notice : "server not avaible"

pleaseee helppppp meeeeeeee
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its obviously been said but pvp is irrelevant for many.

Even a year ago when NW was new it was good fun because a couple g16's could have some impact on an r9 but now a year later - seriously what's the point.

Should I go into NW to get one shotted a couple hundred times, lose my charm and if I'm lucky get one or two token.

Nah its no good anymore for a lot of us.
  • Iamtoogood - Lost City
    Iamtoogood - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP would be so much fun if u merge servers or make a server transfer stone or something
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited March 2014

I like group PvP events only. I don't like pk though.

Main reason is that 1 or 2 **** idiots are enough to kill the fun of PvP for me. Every server has hundreds of those kiddos ofc. It turns PvP in an insulting game. In group, you don't really pay attention to it because you interact more with team then with enemy. Normal pk or 1v1 events don't offer any space for not-optimal gear, where TW or NW does. Unfortunately, the "R9.3+10 or gtfo" mindset makes gear a bigger issue then it's supposed to be.
  • Aleene - Dreamweaver
    Aleene - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    blueman33 wrote: »
    server up ?

have problem in my client

im already donwload manual patch (now my client versi 777)

butttt, i didnt login, have notice " Your Current Program is too low bla bla bla"

im try auto update have notice : "server not avaible"

pleaseee helppppp meeeeeeee

Same problem here!
    i updated with patch from sweetiebots post
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same problem here!
    i updated with patch from sweetiebots post

Clearly stated on OP:

Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

So there' still 20h until the maint starts... Until then, NO PATCH is needed
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So now they have to wait until the servers are updated to recognise the patch? Oooops...
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why is Maintenance being shifted to a day later anyways instead of the usual day? this isn't the first time so is it the new way of doing maintenance or just temporarily shifted to a day later?
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like occasional NW and 1vs1/group PK but TW is not my thing. It is also very expensive to afford PVP on a barbarian so I mainly stick with my alts. However, I could easily live without PVP.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

Patch Notes:

Localization
    Classes
    Blademaster
    *Corrected a typo in the Mage Bane tooltip to more accurately describe its effects.

Mystic
    *The Demon version of Energy Leech now displays the correct duration.

Venomancer
    *The Demon version of Bramble Guard now displays the correct duration.

Wizard
    *Elemental Invocation no longer displays its cast and channel times in meters.

Quests
    *The quest log for Blighter's Punishment no longer contains corrupted text.

User Interface
    *The "Walk behind enemy" Combo button has been renamed "Repeat" to be more accurate to its functionality.
    *The German version of the patcher is no longer displaying English ads.
    *The Seeker class in character creation no longer incorrectly has the Mystic header.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

Yay...more grammar error fixes...they are so needed (hints of intense sarcasm) I would LOVE to know if and when we can expect a fix for the real issues (mount glitch, 2 reborn culti quest with the letter, etc..) To answer the question i love PVP....but its hard to pvp on a server where there are people that are just so OP geared and literally walk around talking like they are GODS...and pk anyone that they dont deem a friend...makes it hard to actually have fun and pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hmm, i like pvp events like nw as long no squads are mandatory so how it works for now.

i don't like pk because

- gear unbalance
    - class unbalance
    - bad pk system
    - too expensive on charms, pots etc
    - world chat qq every god damn day

i choosed a pve server because im 95% out of save zone. i also play the game and did the whole questline. i don't want stalkers who can 1 shot me because they spent more cash than i did.

a good idea would be when it is possible to bound/unbound the gear. i know we have guardian scrolls but i see no sense wasting a lot coins extra for pk.
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't like world PvP, to me it has no purpose. I leave it to r9s to waggle their eWangs around at each other.

b:chuckle Exactly!

I joined a PvE server for the main reason that I'm not out to prove a damned thing to anyone (just enjoy a game) BUT still have to deal with all the chest thumping in worldchat.
    Gets real old, real fast.

Of course, everyone already knows that if the monkeys carrying on in WC were all that great in PvP, they wouldn't be on a PvE server to begin with.
    So while they chatter away at each other - everyone else is laughing at them and rolling their eyes, thinking "Yep, it's another self-proclaimed bada$$ who wouldn't last 5 minutes on a server made for what they are bragging about."

Would they like a medal..or better yet - a chest to pin it on? b:laugh

It's all about those imaginary, pixelized Epenors! ...morons...LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why is Maintenance being shifted to a day later anyways instead of the usual day? this isn't the first time so is it the new way of doing maintenance or just temporarily shifted to a day later?

I was hoping to get an answer out of that question earlier in this post as well, but so far no ones replied to whether maintenance has been bumped up by a day or is it just temperary.

News flash guys, we could use an answer to whether or not is maintenance being pushed up a day later from the usual tuesday nights? could we get a gms reply to this.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Simple answer, No.

Involved Answer:
    Been playing PC games for about 30 years, played a huge amount of PvP, at first via home networking setups, as internet was a thing of the future then lol.

Did not take too long to realize that once you know your attackers defence and attack skills and their skill cooldowns and rotations, battles become as predictable as fighting mobs.

Plus at least when you are killed ingame by a mob they do not trash talk, unlike some players who may have killed you, not because of skill, but due to a lag spike or some other non skill related reason, and they are too stupid to realize it was not them that won the match but a glitch.

I still play some PvP in some games today but get bored real quick with its repetitive nature and prefer the challenge of sorting out some really obscure quest to tell the truth.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2014

Yes, I do. PvP is the only redeemable factor of perfect world, and it's all that's talked about when advertising the game. That, and its customization.
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for one love pvp as I'm sure many people in sanctuary know b:cute. I know i shouldn't make the choice for others, but if I had a button that changed every server into pvp I wouldn't hesitate to smash the button so far into the ground it melts. Really, as was recently said, " the game was ment to be pvp heavy" I mean really it was even advertised off as a pvp game. PvE is ment to be a medium to gearing up for pvp. People instead for wtvr weird reason find thrill from killing impressively predictable mobs.

The idea that people play only for the predictableness of pve baffles me rlly. I like being social in the game, but I also like pvp which is why I joined the "pvp mmorpg" just my 2 centsb :cute

It's fun and a lot less presictable.

Simple answer, No.

Involved Answer:
    Been playing PC games for about 30 years, played a huge amount of PvP, at first via home networking setups, as internet was a thing of the future then lol.

Did not take too long to realize that once you know your attackers defence and attack skills and their skill cooldowns and rotations, battles become as predictable as fighting mobs.

Plus at least when you are killed ingame by a mob they do not trash talk, unlike some players who may have killed you, not because of skill, but due to a lag spike or some other non skill related reason, and they are too stupid to realize it was not them that won the match but a glitch.

I still play some PvP in some games today but get bored real quick with its repetitive nature and prefer the challenge of sorting out some really obscure quest to tell the truth.

Umm wrong. Predictability only extends to some players. Mobs only do 1 skill so comparing a mob with a player is completely wrong. U dont know every player so how would u understand player predictability? A class can have skills, but not everyone uses those skills the same way which is why the quote "you win some, you lose some" always applies in pvp.Challenging quest? Don't make me laugh. Quest are easily auto path and now it's even simpler. If someone has to kill say 30mobs... then just use bot function. Lol pve is just sad.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No I do not like pvp.

I find it too imbalanced/favors the strong/ranged classes entirely too much. Way too difficult to account for all the things 1 opponent might throw at you, let alone multiple opponents.

That is as far as I go into why I don't like it, not to mention it is indeed just an opinion.

Still I chose a pve server for various reasons, and getting thrown into it by nw... even if it is a choice... just irritates me to no end. :$ (Again just my opinion)

Ditto. Only reason I turn on PK is for the lolz, or to kick someones *** who is annoying me, and just happens to be in pk mode. And the only reason I go to NW is for the Raptures, it's not fun imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary
    _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love pvp but not on games like this that have a "boutique".
    On other games I used to play it was very balanced and wasn't "pay to win" so to speak. Everyone had equal opportunity to obtain the items and equipment as loot from mobs.
    Unfortunetly I dont have 80 hours a week to grind on this game to be able to pvp.
    R999 has ruined it. I have not met one person who has obtained 300k rep through in game means. Just saying...
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lol pve is just sad.

Then why don't you stop wasting everyone's time and leave a PvE server and go where you would fit in with all the others who so love PvP? Hmm?

No, instead you make excuses and hide on a PvE server. (which in turn makes you seem twice as sad and pathetic)
    Thank you for making my point (made in an earlier post) so valid!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Then why don't you stop wasting everyone's time and leave a PvE server and go where you would fit in with all the others who so love PvP? Hmm?!

This. We joined a PvE server for a reason and if you were too dumb to find LC back then, your bad luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Ganjaga - Harshlands
    Ganjaga - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys check this out most epic fail ever in pwi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-A-Ceo0O8Y :D
    Life is a drag
  • enviousnvs15
    enviousnvs15 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PVP is fun idm getting one shotted on some toons and yes i have a r999 seeker and still cant beat most of the best r999's in game pvp on a pwe server makes sense, pvp on a pvp sevrver kinda sux cause of the heres money son daughter and so forth get you the best, but on pve server PVP is fun, esp if boring gives something to do until we figure what to do lol, so in my old own opinion pvp is fun......b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love PvP, but not in this game anymore.

Was really funny before 90% of the people that pk CSed r9 + 12 and everyone, even below 100, had a good chance beating others. Only a few had r9 farmed. Its no fun fighting people who are all geared the same as you, with the same genie skills, cards etc. Its boring. I dont even want to farm r9 anymore, its just boring.

And if you beat someone, you get trolled by some rich, unnatural stupid kids usually exes on the biggest guilds on server and their friends.

If i want PvP, i play differents games.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>